• Last Reply

Name: Aleksandar Kolarov

Nationality: Serbian

Club:Lazio

Position: Defender/Wing Back (Left)

Value: 5 Milion pounds

Sale Value: 11 Milion pounds

Work Permit Needed?: I dont know

I'm pure struggling to find a world-class DR that will come to Man City at the start of the game :(

Srna - He'll come and he'll do a good job, but a bit "boring" with the same player as FM09...

Lahm - Bid gets accepted but won't join even on £200k/w...

Zapata - Better at DC.

Jerome Boateng - More for the future, not quite ready.

Davide Santon - Same as Boateng.

Azpilicueta - Same.

Any other suggestions? Bored of signing Srna basically...

i need a lfet back, got 2.5M in sporting cp, anyone?

Jelle Van Damme. Good player.

I'm pure struggling to find a world-class DR that will come to Man City at the start of the game :(

Srna - He'll come and he'll do a good job, but a bit "boring" with the same player as FM09...

Lahm - Bid gets accepted but won't join even on £200k/w...

Zapata - Better at DC.

Jerome Boateng - More for the future, not quite ready.

Davide Santon - Same as Boateng.

Azpilicueta - Same.

Any other suggestions? Bored of signing Srna basically...

Maicon interested?

I'll have to check Maicon actually, quite a good shout. How's his defensive stats in FM10 though? Always been a very attacking wing-back sort of guy haven't he? But cheers will check him out later :thup:

Anymore ideas?

I'll have to check Maicon actually, quite a good shout. How's his defensive stats in FM10 though? Always been a very attacking wing-back sort of guy haven't he? But cheers will check him out later :thup:

Anymore ideas?

Ansaldi from Rubin Kazan is a very good young defender. I brought him for Chelsea and he is a natural LB, LWB, RB, RWB and accomplished LM and RM. The majority of his stats are between 12-15 and he is young so can improve on the most important of these. Is very good due to his versatility but whether he is good enough as first choice straight away I'm not sure.

What about Rafinha?

Anymore ideas?

The defensive stats are slightly better than on FM09 but not much. His physical stats are awesome though and more than make up for a lack in defensive attributes. He's quite solid in defense, don't worry. And obviously, a beast going forward. Considering the lack of quality options on the game in the full back positions, he's definitely a great option for someone who can attract him. :thup:

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Stephane Mbia

Nationality: Cameroon

Club: Olympique de Marseille

Position: DR

Value: 6,000,000 pounds

Sale Value: Unsure

Work Permit Needed?: No (French second nationality)

This guy became a world class DR in FM09 for me (Sorry for keeping it quiet) and again has all the right stats to do it all over again (Tackling 15, marking 15, positioning 14, concerntration 12, work rate 18, Strength 18, Accelleration 15 and pace 13) He is worth the money. Play him from day 1 to get experiance up though

Name: Giammarco Corsino

Nationality: Italian

Club: Palermo

Position: Defender/Wingback (Right)

Value: £975k

Sale Value: £1.1million

Work Permit Needed?: No

I agree, kept Cassani out of my team. Poor physical stats though.

The DL from Palermo u20's is also good, name begins with an M.

Name: Jerome Boateng

Nationality: German

Club: HSV

Position: Defender (Right, Left, Centre) Wing Back (Right, Left)

Value: £4.6m

Sale Value: ??

Really really want to sign this lad as a squad player for my Arsenal team but HSV arent having any of it!! Ive praised him and he's actually now unsettled but they just wont sell him! He has low work rate, natural fitness and bravery but I can see enough of him to make a top-class defender.

Can someone please let me know if they are able to sign him in the first window.

Name: Diego Renan

Nationality: Brazilian

Club: Cruzeiro

Position: D/WB/M RL

Value: app. 4m

Sale value: 10-11m

Work Permit Needed?: yes

1. Great all round fullback right from the start

2. Double footed

3. Becomes wunderkid after 6 months

4. Can play both sides up to the midfield

5. After 1 year coaches rate him same as Vargas

can't get him though. my 56mil pound bid was rejected, went as high as 65mil but, inter wants 170million ! what the f!? :mad:

what about glen johnson or emliano insua ??

They have both been pretty good for my liverpool team although i do have to say johnson is very realistic. When i use attacking tactics i make him attacking and he is superb at getting forward and assisting Benayoun or Kuyt on the right and has already set up a few goals but he is exposed in defence often.

Name: Peter Masilela

Nationality: South African

Club: M. Haifa

Position: D/WB L

Value: 250,000 pounds

Sale Value: 500,000

Work Permit Needed?: Yeah, but accepted following the initial application

A solid and consistent performer for me at the EPL level, whilst also possessing a well-rounded set of stats.

Bargain.

Name: Fabiano Santacroce

Nationality: Italian

Club: Napoli

Position: RB/ DC

Value: £1.8M

Sale Value: £2.5M ~£3.5M

Work Permit Needed?: No as he is an UE citizen

Strengths:

- Defensive Stats

- Speed

- Good mental stats to start from

Weaknesses:

- Passing

- First Touch

- Crossing

Even though First Touch and Crossing is at 11, so you can improve it.

My Opinion: I think that Santacroce will become a world class RB in the game. This youngster has a great potential, and will improve great. Comparing the price to his CA or PA, this is a real BARGAIN for the best teams, and the mid-table teams in top leagues.

Name: Fabio

Club: Manchester United

Position: DL/WBL (easily trained to RB)

Value: £5 Million (on my game, not sure about start)

Sale Value: Have no idea, loan would be easier.

Work Permit Needed: I don't think so (has Portugal as a other nationality)

Really solid defender, good going forward and strong in defence, already got his first cap for Brazil in my game.

Name: Andreas Beck

Nationality: German

Club: Hoffenheim

Position: DR/DL/WBR (Competent at WBL and DMC as well)

Value: Around £4M

Sale Value: £6.25M

Imo the best affordable full back at the start of the game. Practically two footed and can play either side.

Name: Raul

Club: Atletico Paranaense

Position: DR/WBR

Value: £1.2M

Sale Value: £3.2M

Work Permit Needed?: Yes, granted on appeal

Attacking right back with good potential.

Name: Jose Angel

Nationality: Spanish

Club: Real Sporting

Position: DL/WBL/ML

Value: £1.9M

Sale Value: £13M

Hefty price but great potential. 17 for pace and acceleration.

Name: Joao Paulo

Club: Fluminense

Position: DL/WBL/MC/AMC

Value: £1.2M

Sale Value: £2.9M

Work Permit Needed?: Yes, granted on appeal

Good attacking full back, pretty versatile as well.

Leighton Baines is good at LB :thup:

Seconded, also Mattock in a few seasons. I seem to be struggling to find a top notch RB for some reason, Srna & Lahm have poor positioning. Been looking up Stephan Lichtsteiner who looks decent but vastly overpriced.

Guest Shogizzle
Seconded, also Mattock in a few seasons. I seem to be struggling to find a top notch RB for some reason, Srna & Lahm have poor positioning. Been looking up Stephan Lichtsteiner who looks decent but vastly overpriced.

Cezar Azpilicueta - Osasuna. End of.

Alright so I'm trying to reinforce my backs at Juventus. First priority is RB, as I feel Grosso would do for atleast another season at the left side.

Grygera is good and all but I feel that he's quite lacking offensively, and I like having backs that provide for the offense as well as being solid defensively.

The dilemma is finding someone at a reasonable price, who performs well both offensively and defensively, who can do it NOW and still remains a prospect for the future :p

chretien is still superb and cheap

edman at wigan is also superb

zuiverloon and mattock are far to good to be in the championship

van der wiel is great as a backup or starter for prem teams

lee naylor is worth a punt for champ teams or low prem

mark wilson also

Really struggling to find a decent left back for Blackburn. A big void left when Warnock left with no replacement. Martin Olsson is decent for the future. I found a french left wing back capable of playing left back from Köln at free, name is Ehret. He's decent enough, pacey well tackling brave wingback but with horrible determination at 6 and only mediocre positioning and marking. Havent signed him, but have offer lined up. I'm afraid his hidden stats may be on the low side.

Narrowly lost Masilela somehow, I would have fit the bill with his athletism and determination, despite not being a great defender. May end up using Givet at left back even though its still early days I havent found anyone better. Really want Ansaldi but probably wont fit my very narrow budget.

Lee Wallace at Scottish club Hearts is a good LB/WBL for me at Toulouse. Is rated by my scouts and coaches to be as good as M'Bengue who I believe has a very good PA level as well.

Wallace is valued at £1m and can be bought for £2-£3m depending on how you structure the deal.

Various EPL clubs sniffing about him though so you might need to be quick.

I also think there is a lack of quality full backs in the game, i am sunderland...i like my full backs to be stong, good in the tackle and a decent crosser as well as a bit of pace..any ideas ? I also look out for concentration determanation team work and work rate ? Any suggestions would be smashin

• 2 weeks later...

Archived