FM10 : Official Good Full Backs Thread

Purefun

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stumbled into managing Malaga by way of starting a game as a national team coach, and I'm trying to find a solid right back. Picked up Van Damme for the left, who has been great. Malaga starts with Jesus Gamez, and he's actually quite solid, but Madrid are after him now, unsettling him. Might try Renan, but seems a bit expensive for my budget. Another pickup like Van Damme for the right side would be good.

I stumbled into managing Malaga by way of starting a game as a national team coach, and I'm trying to find a solid right back. Picked up Van Damme for the left, who has been great. Malaga starts with Jesus Gamez, and he's actually quite solid, but Madrid are after him now, unsettling him. Might try Renan, but seems a bit expensive for my budget. Another pickup like Van Damme for the right side would be good.

Gamez was absolutely class on FM09. On FM10 though I'm not sure, I bought him on my bolton save and didn't seem to reproduce anything close to what I got out of him on 09. So I just stick with prising Azpilicueta from Osasuna.

Oh, Mateo Musacchio from Villareal, natural CB but can play RB and he can be trained as a full back and is extremely consistent, cheap as well.

anyone managed to buy the Da Silva twins? thinking of investing for the future.

i am playing At Madrid and my starting wingbacks are Vargas and Rafinha.

I have Antonio Lopez and Juan Valera was backups already.

used up my Frgn slots so cant consider cheaper options, also prefer Spanish speaking players

used up my Frgn slots so cant consider cheaper options, also prefer Spanish speaking players

Could try Jose Angel for LB and Azpilicueta for RB.

god there really isnt any decent, cheap, young full backs in the game! (under £10m)

its weird, you can pick up loads of great midfielders & strikers for under £10m but not one full back!

has anyone tried yasmash? his stats are great but my scouts dont rate him.

I hate Renan, I brought him in for 17M in my first season and now halfway through the second season he is unsettled. I'm sitting top of the table and chelsea come in and don't even offer half of what i paid for him and he wants to leave because he's achieved all he can?!

He's only 21 years old and i paid a fortune for him and developed him by playing him every single game. He could leave for 25M but chelsea withdrew and now he is unhappy and handed in a transfer request. Ungrateful little git, i'd rather see him rot in the reserves then let him go now.

I hate Renan, I brought him in for 17M in my first season and now halfway through the second season he is unsettled. I'm sitting top of the table and chelsea come in and don't even offer half of what i paid for him and he wants to leave because he's achieved all he can?!

He's only 21 years old and i paid a fortune for him and developed him by playing him every single game. He could leave for 25M but chelsea withdrew and now he is unhappy and handed in a transfer request. Ungrateful little git, i'd rather see him rot in the reserves then let him go now.

Offer him and sell him to something like Ajax or PSV, always amazes me, they are upset because you don't let them go to Chelski or ManU, but if you offer them they go to some midclass dutch club :)

Name: Emilliano Insua

Nationality: Argentine

Club: Liverpool

Position: LB

Value: £7.5m (2016)

Sale Value: £5m i paied at the end of my 1st year

Work Permit Needed?: Granted

Got him on loan when in the championship to.

Starts for me -

2009 / 10 - 30 Games, Ave Rating of - 6.91

2010 / 11 - 28 Games, 1 Goal, Ave Rating of 7.04

2011 / 12 - 34 Games, Ave Rating of - 7.00

2012 / 13 - 32 Games - Ave Rating of - 7.54

2013 / 14 - 43 Games - Ave Rating of - 7. 35

2014 / 15 - 11 Games (Broke leg pre Season) - Ave Rating of - 7.03

Overall, he is one of my best buys i think. Solid as a rock

anyone can help?

They usually don't leave and if I can buy them it's never a good deal so I sign other targets.

if thats the case, then i'll drop that idea..

i used Kolarov (DL) and Chretien (DR) in 09... so thinking of trying a new pair.

thats why i went for Juan Vargas (DL) and Rafinha (DR).

now for back-ups. this is where i'm a bit lost.

Antonio Lopez (DL) has not been performing, Juan Valera has been out-right terrible.

although both are spanish, i'm using At MAdrid, with no more Frgn slots left.

any suggestions? i play with flying wingbacks, so attacking and stamina, pace are crucial. i'm using a diamond or box midfield formation

Name: Maximiliano Velázquez

Nationality: Argentinian, athlough I think he was born in Uruguay.

Club: Lanús

Position: D/WB/ML

Value: £3.6m*

Sale Value: Around £5-7.5m

Work Permit Needed?: Unfortunately yes.

I would highly recommend this left back and he has many major clubs such as Zenit, Fiorentina, Ajax, Lokomotiv and Tottenham after him. His value raises significantly, hense the *.

anyone can help?

I am halfway through season 2 and was scouting around for a possible replacement for my current LB. Took a look at Fabio but my scout speaks of 9-10m that I would have to pay. My two young LBs (Dodo and a Newgen) are on a similar level him so I think Dodo will start for me in the second half of the season.

Cost me 11 million but I'm hoping he'll come good. So far he's averaged 7.30ish and is playing better than Srna, although he is given slightly more freedom (1 click + on men, 1 - on CD)

http://i48.tinypic.com/24zvodu.jpg

Thanks celtic_fc.

Just stumbled across a 19 year old Russian left back playing for CSKA Moscow. Schemikov (probably spelled that wrong!) Looks quite decent but I assume he might cost a lot as he is a first team player for CSKA.

I paid 11 for him (see above for screenie) but have managed to get him for 9 or so in a previous save. I have no idea how he turns out as I'm only halfway through my 1st season, although I assume he's got a pretty decent PA as I knew of him before I played FM10 and he's highly rated in Russia. Please use spoiler tags!

if thats the case, then i'll drop that idea..

i used Kolarov (DL) and Chretien (DR) in 09... so thinking of trying a new pair.

thats why i went for Juan Vargas (DL) and Rafinha (DR).

now for back-ups. this is where i'm a bit lost.

Antonio Lopez (DL) has not been performing, Juan Valera has been out-right terrible.

although both are spanish, i'm using At MAdrid, with no more Frgn slots left.

any suggestions? i play with flying wingbacks, so attacking and stamina, pace are crucial. i'm using a diamond or box midfield formation

Difficult, especially without using non Europeans. If you want just backups then perhaps looking at youthful options is the answer, Lamine Gassama can turn into an excellent RB, the only problem being he's not too attacking. What about Corchia? Ansaldi is another option but I don't think he has a second nationality which will mean he's a non EU'er. :( What about Dabo from ASSE?

Name: Paul Dixon

Nationality: Scottish

Club: Dundee Utd

Position: DL

Value:

Sale Value: Cost me £3.2m first season

Work Permit Needed?: No

Third season

dixon.jpg

Steady rather than spectacular. Decent in all attributes.

Good lower Prem ,Old Firm or top Championship full back.

Name: Damien Johnson

Nationality:N.Ireland

Club:Birmingham

Position: Natural MC, accomplished right back,

Value:5? don't remember

Sale Value: 2 mill

Work Permit Needed?:no

Great player if you need a cheap right back, transferlistet at birmingham at the start. Played very good for me at Sunderland :D

Archived