FM10 : Official Good Full Backs Thread

Purefun

I had to shell out 30.5 Million for Clichy at LB. I'm playing as AC Milan and I know it's hefty price tag but he's definetly one of the best players in my team right now. In fact, he's only been here one season and this pre season I got bids from R.Madrid, Barcelona, Man United AND Chelsea. WOW all of these teams want him. But they didn't put in any offers higher than 25mil, so i rejected. I hope he stays here until he's 30 or something, right now he's 25

But my main problem is my RB, all of my old defender's contracts have ran out and they have retired (zambrotta, oddo, nesta etc) Now I only have Bonera in RB position, and he's 30 years old. I am looking to buy a new RB in Jan window who can attack down the wings but close down attacks immideitaly. I need someone who isn't too young (like 19,20) but who is a young EXPERIENCED defender who can cope with playing teams like Inter, Juventus, roma etc etc. I only have a budget left of 8mil :( But if Bonera plays well I will keep him until the next season where I will have more money to buy.

So who can I get ? I'm willing to spend a lot of money as I know Berlu will probs give me around 60mil on transfers :)

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had to shell out 30.5 Million for Clichy at LB. I'm playing as AC Milan and I know it's hefty price tag but he's definetly one of the best players in my team right now. In fact, he's only been here one season and this pre season I got bids from R.Madrid, Barcelona, Man United AND Chelsea. WOW all of these teams want him. But they didn't put in any offers higher than 25mil, so i rejected. I hope he stays here until he's 30 or something, right now he's 25

But my main problem is my RB, all of my old defender's contracts have ran out and they have retired (zambrotta, oddo, nesta etc) Now I only have Bonera in RB position, and he's 30 years old. I am looking to buy a new RB in Jan window who can attack down the wings but close down attacks immideitaly. I need someone who isn't too young (like 19,20) but who is a young EXPERIENCED defender who can cope with playing teams like Inter, Juventus, roma etc etc. I only have a budget left of 8mil :( But if Bonera plays well I will keep him until the next season where I will have more money to buy.

So who can I get ? I'm willing to spend a lot of money as I know Berlu will probs give me around 60mil on transfers :)

Personally I'd go with Sagna, can never go wrong with arsenal Fullbacks.

Personally I'd go with Sagna, can never go wrong with arsenal Fullbacks.

Ah thx, do you know what his report card would say, eg his star rating?

but yeah, i will be looking into him as he seems good, but dnt know if he has the strength etc to cope:thup:

Hi All,

Playing with Liverpool, got Bertrand and Insua as my left full backs and Glen Johnson and Azpilicueta on the right.

Can I do any better?

Looking for attributes for attacking as well as defending therefore good crossing, pace, dribbling, creativity etc.

Or do I go for midfielders and train back as full backs e.g. vargas from fiorentina was excellet however sold him to City for £22m

Ta

How about someone like Diego Renan or Jeremy Helan for left back?

I'd say Johnson and Azpilicueta are definitely good enough on the right, but the left could maybe be improved. :thup:

Have a look at Sebastien Corchia for the right anyway, he is great.

Any of the ones posted above would do the trick Pentz.

Are they to start or are you looking to develop one?

Young ones to look at are Davide Santon, Jeremy Helan, Diego Renan, Dodo, Fabio.

Diego Renan is great, as is Dodo. Both very attack minded full backs. Jeremy Helan is also one for the future.

If your looking for an established left back then you can't go wrong with someone like Juan Manuel Vargas, Emiliano Insua, Leighton Baines, Aly Cissokho or Domenico Criscito. :thup:

Ill check them names out later , thanks. I would like someone who can come in straight away , want a young talented full back who works up & down the flank to help the team in the final third with a cross etc. but to be pretty good at defending obv . Italian or Brazilian would be best aswell. Ive seen Diego Renan's name be mentioned alot so i cant wait to see his stats . He does seem popular .

I rotate Daniel Schwaab and Gonzalo Castro (both Leverkusen) on my RB position and love them there, especially as both of them are versatile and can play backup on most defensive positions if I have injury problems.

Name: Mikael Lustig

Nationality: Swedish

Club: Rosenborg

Position: D/WB R

Value: around £ 1.5-2M

Sale Value: £ 3M should be enough

Work Permit Needed?: No

A solid fullback at a reasonable price. Or you can even have him for free on Bosman after the second season.

He's probably good enough for a mid-upper table side in EPL

Name: Jarl André Storbæk

Nationality: Norwegian

Club: Vålerenga

Position: D RLC

Value: don't remember, but not much over £ 1M

Sale Value: Free on Bosman at the end of the first season

He still has a couple of decent years in him, but not higher than mid-table EPL level, tops.

Still a valuable rotation/backup player for a cash strapped side

Antunes, left back with decent set pieces skills. Got him for 950k € (transferlisted) in first season and he rocked the german second division. Unhappily I didnt get a chance to test him in the first division as he got tempted by some spanish club

Anyone managed to sign Michel Morganella from Palermo?

I've not signed him but he's at Fulham on mine, looks a solid right back who ticks all of the boxes needed for any half decent side. Could easily be a squad player at a mid-level CL club.

Also, Ivan Obradovic was runner up in world defender of the year on mine despite playing for Zaragoza. He's another solid left back, but he is Serbian and I'm unsure about work permit issues.

Here are screenshots:

rwtdsw.jpg

And

jfartg.jpg

Again, they're not world class, but are very solid players who shouldn't let anybody down.

not a direct response to above:

DR - Raul (At Para, 2.5m - solid back-up, sold to Inter for 9.75m 3 seasons later)

DR - Kyle Naughton (Spurs, ?m - takes a while to adapt [even for Prem teams] but solid nonetheless)

DL - Steven Smith (Rangers, TL 200k - a very solid performer, even as back-up for top prem teams)

DL - Dodo (Corinthians, 1.5m - can't sign until second season, but a great back-up and sold for 13.25m 2 seasons later)

All cheap players and more than capable of back-up for top Prem teams

Name: Domenico Cricito

Nationality: Italian

Club: Co-owned Genoa & Juventus

Position: D/WB L, Also can play as DC and SW and competent to play DR.

Value: around £ 9.5M

Good defensive stat, need to bring up his crossing and dribbling ability up and he will be great. The position he is able play makes him a good sub to have in a game.

Name: Domenico Cricito

Nationality: Italian

Club: Co-owned Genoa & Juventus

Position: D/WB L, Also can play as DC and SW and competent to play DR.

Value: around £ 9.5M

Good defensive stat, need to bring up his crossing and dribbling ability up and he will be great. The position he is able play makes him a good sub to have in a game.

it's Domenico CRISCITO ;) great player!can play anywhere in defense:thup:

a solid left back that has been mentioned a few times Fabian Monzon he can be picked up for about £4 million in the first season paid over 48 months.he can also learn "the long bullet throw" which i have found is good for a few extra goals over the season.

he normally takes a while to find his feet but once he does theres no stopping him.

also good at free kicks and penalties.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted by reilly g:

Ansaldi, Bale have both just made big money moves.

They are demanding £30+ for Insua and Vargas.

Gee, only 30 quid for 2 players and you think that is too much? :D

p.s.

I know it was a typo, but I just couldn't help myself.

Name: Fabio

Nationality: Brazilian

Club: Manchester United

Position: DL/WBL (easily trained to RB)

Value: £5 Million (on my game, not sure about start)

Sale Value: Have no idea, loan would be easier.

Work Permit Needed: I don't think so (has Portugal as a other nationality)

Really solid defender, good going forward and strong in defence, already got his first cap for Brazil in my game.

+1 Fabio is quite astounding.

Wonderkid @ 19 on my save.:thup:

Ooh. You could try Jonathan (the Brazilian one), Corchia, Gassama, Azpilicueta and Ansaldi if they haven't gone to a big club, Diego Renan.

There's probably some others I can't think of right now as well.

There's also Schwaab, Miguel Torres, Beck, Rafael, van der Wiel, Castro and Rafinha that are possibilities? The game is rich in good, young right backs tbh. Also there might be some decent regens about.

Archived