I'm a Father! FM 14 makes it perfectly clear

well i got my son (hopefully one of many) in FM 14. i got one in a earlier version of fm (11 or 12). and i see SI decided to make it perfectly clear to you if hes your son or just a guy with your same name, as you can see from the link i provide it clearly states im his father

http://www.imagebam.com/image/283cee283196445

also this happened fairly fast, i would like to ask SI if they increased the rate at which sons are generated? and if so (or not) what is the rate your offspring will come into the FM world to eventually disappoint you?

also this happened fairly fast, i would like to ask SI if they increased the rate at which sons are generated? and if so (or not) what is the rate your offspring will come into the FM world to eventually disappoint you?

Virility rating = 20. :lol:

Did the game notify you that your son had been brought through in your mail? Or is he on your favoured personnel? Just wondering how you'd find that other then clicking on him out of curiosity

no he was just another regen in my youth intake. yes he is listed under my favorite personnel as my son too

• SI Staff

My age is set to 25 the youngest possible and if this happend to me SI are telling me I had this child when I was 10.

Only managers 35 and over can have sons in the game. That is unless you use the unlockable to get a son.

OMG this made me lol! Hahahahaha.

Heartfelt congratulations from me OP, I've played 1000s of hours wishing for a son and never got one, you should count your blessings!

i am, i know how hard it it. i had a son in another version (i think 10 or 11) but it was so late in the game i got tired before i got to develop him into a star, he had good PL potential unlike this kid now

i am, i know how hard it it. i had a son in another version (i think 10 or 11) but it was so late in the game i got tired before i got to develop him into a star, he had good PL potential unlike this kid now

I thought it was an unwritten law that all Sons in the game were pretty poor, I have only had 1 Son in the game (unlike a certain mod on here that gets 1 every release) and he was pretty poor, in all the 'Son' pictures I have seen I have yet to see a top league player.

I thought it was an unwritten law that all Sons in the game were pretty poor, I have only had 1 Son in the game (unlike a certain mod on here that gets 1 every release) and he was pretty poor, in all the 'Son' pictures I have seen I have yet to see a top league player.

the 1st one i got could have been a PL quality fullback, not champions league, but mid PL to lower PL fullback. he had a crappy attitude that some of my top players didnt like him, my son was a jerk :(

But you can of course, be 25 play until 35 then have a son?

Can you have multiple sons?

What if I want a football family? Don't mind the wife, she's not in the game y'see so she may as well be the baby factory. >_>

Yes you can get a Son by playing the 10 years.

If you ever get 1 son you should be happy never mind multiple sons, although maybe that mod I mentioned earlier has had it, he seems to nail everything on the high street in this game the amount of sons he gets.

• SI Staff

Yes, once your user manager in the game turns 35, it opens up the chance to have a son appear in the game. And there is nothing stopping another son from appearing later on. The chances are just as slim as on the first one though...

Not related to sons of managers, but you can also have twins in the newgen intakes in some rare cases :)

Yes, once your user manager in the game turns 35, it opens up the chance to have a son appear in the game. And there is nothing stopping another son from appearing later on. The chances are just as slim as on the first one though...

Not related to sons of managers, but you can also have twins in the newgen intakes in some rare cases :)

Is there going to be an introduction/increase of double-barrel surnames with newgens? I don't remember seeing any UK newgens with double-barrel names

• SI Staff
Is there going to be an introduction/increase of double-barrel surnames with newgens? I don't remember seeing any UK newgens with double-barrel names

Not at the moment. The issue with creating new names (like combinations of two surnames) on the fly is that they are not really re-usable in the game and creating one-off names randomly would just bloat the name pools in the long run. We've had similar requests in the past for doing something like this in other nations as well but it's not a feature requested that often so it is not high on priority lists to be investigated as a possible feature.

• SI Staff

When newgens turn into non-players and end up as a manager, they can obviously have sons as well.

Technically it is also possible for a brother or even a twin to be created for a newgen who is the human users son but the chances for this are very very very remote :)

Edit: Currently the game can only generate sons of managers but we do not generate newgens who can be sons of other players. A possible feature request for the future ;)

I must have racked up 120 seasons in the past 5 year and never ever had a son.. I always start as the lowest manager experience so I dunno if this has a negative influence.

I have never had a son, but my 19 y.o GK's little brother just came through my youth system!

I play as a Norwegian manager in the spanish 3 tier, and I signed a young norwegian GK in january ( he is not a regen).

Then, on the day of my first ever youth intake on FM14, the GK's little brother appears. It says 'brother' and everything in their description.

Archived