Best Skin For 09

Can anyone recommend the best skin for FM09.

That's really a very subjective thing, personally I think the best skin is the default one,

My advice is to look around at screenshots people have posted in threads like the funny screenshot thread and download one that takes your fancy or use google to search for skins then use the one you like best, or just go to the skinning forum and see what's there, I dunno use your common sense lad :p

Well, it is your're choice but I am using steklo at the moment and there are good and bad points to them all I think including that one. I really like flex as well and don't mind the default one like some people seem to but with steklo it does not need to use scrollbars when playing in windowed mode so that is a big positive for me. :D

That's really a very subjective thing, personally I think the best skin is the default one,

My advice is to look around at screenshots people have posted in threads like the funny screenshot thread and download one that takes your fancy or use google to search for skins then use the one you like best, or just go to the skinning forum and see what's there, I dunno use your common sense lad :p

Ive looked at all the skins and to be honest they all looked very similar, and I really like the default skin, im just wondering if anyone uses one that is really great.

Well, it is your're choice but I am using steklo at the moment and there are good and bad points to them all I think including that one. I really like flex as well and don't mind the default one like some people seem to but with steklo it does not need to use scrollbars when playing in windowed mode so that is a big positive for me. :D

Thanks for the info mate :thup:

Ive looked at all the skins and to be honest they all looked very similar, and I really like the default skin, im just wondering if anyone uses one that is really great.

Well, if you have looked at all of them and none of them really jumps out at you, then I would either stick with the default one or just download a couple and see if you get on with them, the 2 that jod mentioned are pretty good

At the end of the day, it is you who is gonna be playing the game for hours on end using that particular skin so it is you who had gotta live with it

Another one I like is dds09 as that allows you to customise certain things with ingame menus like the colour of the menubar at the top, choose an avatar to display and change the background.

But as ftg said it's your choice. I tend to chop and change a lot as I like to have a fresh look to the game. :D

Well, if you have looked at all of them and none of them really jumps out at you, then I would either stick with the default one or just download a couple and see if you get on with them, the 2 that jod mentioned are pretty good

At the end of the day, it is you who is gonna be playing the game for hours on end using that particular skin so it is you who had gotta live with it

Just wanted a users opinion, i probably will end up getting a couple and trying them out, thanks.

Another one I like is dds09 as that allows you to customise certain things with ingame menus like the colour of the menubar at the top, choose an avatar to display and change the background.

I'll second dds09. Its very sharp and doesn't bother the eyes after playing FM for hours on end.

I never used anything but the skins that came with FM until this year when I saw dds09 in someone's screenshot and it caught my eye. I got it and I haven't used anything else since.

Tumma for me, but ask in the Skinning (Graphics forum)

It is a nice skin, although the thing that annoyed me about that particular skin (or rather, the maker of the skin) is that if you press the "About" button you come face-to-face with the author of the skin posing with a gun. I have no idea what people are supposed to think when we see him posing with a gun pointing towards you. I just think he looks like a douche.

I've deleted said skin.

i have been using flex and its a nice skin but a bit basic IMO. tried using steklo but couldnt get use to it but might give it another go but thats a nice skin and you can change the background.

i want to try the Tumma skin just to see what a idiot the maker is :p

It is a nice skin, although the thing that annoyed me about that particular skin (or rather, the maker of the skin) is that if you press the "About" button you come face-to-face with the author of the skin posing with a gun. I have no idea what people are supposed to think when we see him posing with a gun pointing towards you. I just think he looks like a douche.

I've deleted said skin.

He's deleted that pic - at least, it isn't in mine and I downloaded quite a while back.

I like the default skin as the attributes are clear and easy to spot good players at a glance. Saying that I,ve just downloaded the sky skin at I think it looks really nice. It's all subjective though, whatever works for you :thup:

I use Dark Horizon' date=' similar to Steklo but better in my opinon.

As most have said its down to your own personal choice![/quote']

i'll second that, Dark Horizons is very good.

The best skin for me is the one I've cobbled together with elements of Flex, Steklo, Blackin, Gold, and a couple of panels I've redone myself. I can't release it because it's not original by any means, but I'm always tweaking it here and there, looking to get it just right.

In other words, the best skin is one you make for yourself...

Flex 09 for me. My only criticism (listen up Mr. Smurf!) is the opacity of the main window background is not quite dark enough to allow use of background images without the foreground bleeding through and causing a nasty mess

Well I made flex for my own use first and foremost, and I never use background images, so that is why

Archived