Have I found a flaw and is it cheating

Don't you still need the £40 million in the bank so the board allows the transfer to go through?

Well it isn't possible for a player to play 40 games in one Prem season anyways, so logically you wouldn't need the 40 mil till next season at the earliest

As for whether this is a cheat or not, personally I consider it quite a clever use of the transfer options, technically you have done nothing wrong and made a fair amount of cash into the bargain. Good job I say :thup:

I'm sure that once they pass the 40 game mark you will have to pay out the money to the clubs. At least I think ...

and he is saying that he sold them before they reached that mark.

Technically not cheating, because its perfectly viable within the game.

Not realistic however.

In my opinion they need to recify that like i think it devalues the game and claims of achieving this that and the other could be dismissed with , "how do we know you didnt achieve your squad without cheating", unless your squads pants and you achieved it. Why people need to cheat or get any enjoyment out of cheating like this is beyond me. Then again i have never understood people cheating/expliots etc.

It's done IRL though, but not to the same extreme and success. Sometimes this is included along with a free up front (but never on it's own I think). And there have been cases when the club would sell the player before he reaches that appearance mark to avoid paying the fees.

In my opinion they need to recify that like i think it devalues the game and claims of achieving this that and the other could be dismissed with , "how do we know you didnt achieve your squad without cheating", unless your squads pants and you achieved it. Why people need to cheat or get any enjoyment out of cheating like this is beyond me. Then again i have never understood people cheating/expliots etc.

It's their game so they can do whatever they want with it or play it however they want to.

It's their game so they can do whatever they want with it or play it however they want to.

so your one then:rolleyes:

Like i say devalues any claims by anyone of how good they are, you could discount anyones posts of their stories/claims of greatness (of which there has been) and state simply that they have probably just cheated.

Id say its more a game bug being took advantage of that a direct purposeful cheat like entering a code or putting your name as "money man" etc

id probs just let myself get sacked tho i would never be in that situation.

reason why i ask is i've managed to amount a good team in my 2nd season with sampdoria but also got into 12 million debt but i've brought success i'm worried about the sack but the board seem unconcerned at the bank balance atm

the fans love me after taking them over from 17th place after 9 games and getting a champions league 4th place finish also the italian cup winners

thats right they think they have made a good sale and then you sell him 2 games before your due to pay 40mill, i dont allways do it but i had a bad takeover with no money and i couldnt sell any one dont mind taking money of chelski tho thay can afford it.

I'm fairly sure you could do this on a previous version, but selling them before they had played the set amount of league games didn't work as they would get carried over to the next club, so you end up paying the money for the player for having completed the set number of matches at a different club. Haven't tried it on this one yet though, but I'd keep an eye on it if I were you just in case.

obviously it isnt technically cheating, but i seriously doubt any club in the world would ever, in real life, allow one of their best players to go for nothing knowing they would only get any money once he has played a certain number of games- it would obviously be open to abuse so they wouldnt agree to it. So, it isnt cheating, but it wouldnt work in real life so if you want a realistic game, i wouldnt do it

I used to do this in 07 to great effect.

I would offer players to clubs for 0 up front then when they can back with an offer, tag on 200 million in monthly installments.

Presto! You just sold SWP to Inter for 200 mill and the AI was always clueless and paid every last penny.

This is quite clever, and definitely not cheating. He is not interfering AI, or using any extra software. All he does is using a flaw in the game. In my opinion, this particular situation needs rectifying in the next patch because in real life, no club would accept such an offer: "40M after 40 games played". The player doesn't have to be sold, what if he breaks his leg after 39 games and ends his career? The selling club would still end up with nothing in their bank account, even if the buying manager's intentions are good.

This is definitely not cheating, but still needs to be fixed.

This is quite clever, and definitely not cheating. He is not interfering AI, or using any extra software. All he does is using a flaw in the game. In my opinion, this particular situation needs rectifying in the next patch because in real life, no club would accept such an offer: "40M after 40 games played". The player doesn't have to be sold, what if he breaks his leg after 39 games and ends his career? The selling club would still end up with nothing in their bank account, even if the buying manager's intentions are good.

This is definitely not cheating, but still needs to be fixed.

Why does it need to be fixed if it is not cheating. Surely a contradiction in terms. Taking advantage in a flaw in the programming is still as much cheating as rebooting or giving yourself excess funds. It his game, & he can do what he likes with it, but it still doesn't hide the fact he is taking advantage of a weakness in the game that the AI doesn't. I personally wouldn't do it, because I know once I had it would be in my mind that I had taken an advantage, & that save would be finished.

I also play the game, like any other, as a challenge, & to give me as much enjoyment as it can while playing it, which I wouldn't get by handing everything to me on a plate.

Saving before each match, and then reloading if you lose is also cheating. But there's nothing SI can do about that.

Bottom line is, people who want to cheat, will cheat.

For me it would be a very shallow way of getting money so I would not do it. It all comes down to your conscience.

Im suprised about the amount of people who didn't realise this. I played an online game once and my friend kept doing this, it ruined the game so we made an agreement noone can use it. IIRC didn't Robbie Fowler stop playing for Man City the day before another payment to Leeds was required. He left them playing 100 appearences, I presme one more would have required a fee ...

I did this once with my rushden team. Watford offered me a reserve player for £0 and 35k after 30 games so I said sure whatever. The player comes to Nene Park and did well in his first few games then suddenly goes down the pan. Getting 5's and 4's per match so I dropped him. Then he became angry and felt he'd made the wrong decision coming to Rushden and wanted to leave so I sold him in the summer.

I never clicked on to not paying for him untill reading this cause I always forget about those fee's for players. Once they're at the team the following fee's just get ignored by me lol...

I wouldn't say its cheating as such. There are much easier ways of getting lots of money like making a new manager and getting them to buy someone from your team for insane money. Or editing the database before a game to give your team good money.

At the end of the day, its your game, play it however you want and anyone who thinks you're in the wrong is just attention seeking.

I think a similar situation arose with Leeds at one point. They wouldn't play Danny Mills because he would have reached a certain number of games for them, and they would have owed a extra couple of million. It may not have been Danny Mills though!

Dont you have to end up paying the money over 24 months? I'm sure I tried this once, and had to pay the money.

The clause in debate is not the "will play blah blah amount in 6-12-18-24 months" one, it is paying a certain fee after a certain number of league games are played. So, in theory if the player doesn't get to play that many games for his new club, no payment should go through.

But how much is the player going to be valued? a standard price or the amount promised after 50 league games.

I really hope this doesn't backfire on me as i've just signed for 150 million only having 1mill in the bank.

But i recall using this cheat when playing the 6 months demos actually. I would buy a huge quantity of players for virtually nothing..

Could be useful but only having the player for one season is annoying and im sure no club in the world would be silly enough to have such a vast some of money being dependant on appearences, AI needs to be tweaked, anything as unrealistic as this imo is cheating but each to thier own!

You could do a similar thing with defenders but be able to actually play them

Instead of putting minimum appearances you could do it with goals and as its unlikely a defender is going to score loads of goals you got yourself a free transfer

Personally i don't do this but i would do it if my club was seriously in debt

Archived