Your current Activity on FM08

What is your current FM Status?  

394 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current FM Status?

• Still playing FM2008
    • FM still installed but not playing
    • Uninstalled & waiting for FM09

For the past 2 weeks I've been undecided on whether to start another game with an update and as of yet I have not.

Now that launch date is 4 weeks on Friday I am now thinking will I just wait because no doubt I will start and the demo will probably come out in a couple of weeks.

So by the time I make a decision there will be some sort of FM09 to play, either the demo or the real thing & then my decision will have been made for me.

I'm still playing while I wait patiently for the blogs to start (hint hint ;)) and obviously the demo. I think I will uninstall when the demo finally arives at the end of the month.

Last year on fm07, I had started a new game w/ updated db same 4 weeks b4 new fm and enjoyed it again, then when fm08 arrived in my mail, first thing I did was uninstal my fm07 and even removed my save game ...... boy did I regret that, cause first weeks of fm08 were total disaster.

So still playing fm08... and this year not removing it until im sure 09 will be playable thus I havent pre orderd 09 at this point, gonna wait on first reactions on forums this year :p

I usually play shorter term games after release, when data is pretty current and patches are around the corner. Later on I enjoy having career games, not having to worry about new patches, and starting in lower leagues of odd countries and bouncing around all over the world to different clubs that offer some sort of challenge and enjoyment.

still playing a network save with a mate and occasionally one of three other saves i still have around. not going to start anything new at this point though.

Good idea for a poll, this. I'm surprised it hasn't been asked before. I'm in the majority. Still playing FM08 and enjoying my current save so much that I am going to keep it installed on my laptop and play it alongside FM09, which will be installed on my new laptop!

Still installed, still playing, I doubt I will get 09 for a while, I've just forked out for Fifa 09 on the PS3, ouch!

I will get it soon though, oh yes, it will be mine!

I forked out for fifa 09 on 360 and to be fair I am enjoying it.

Still playing my Braintree game on FM2008 and still going strong in the BSS. Can't wait for 2009

Play regularly got really excited after beating Inter 11-2 with Leicester in 2013, but then lost interest after yet another 5-4 match I had against Chelsea.

Not trying to be funny but your defence needs sorting out, if you are conceding 4 goals try and tightening your defence.

Very good for 2013 though mate, I say stick at it and win champions league

Our site (FM-Base) had a challenge on the go but ive completed it now, so ive loaded up an old game i was sick of (due to SI suck ;) as regens are terrible). So currently im playign as AFC Wimbledon in season 19/20, just qualed from CL group, drew with Barca 5-5 at Nou Camp after leading 0-3 and 3-5, going defensive doesnt work!

Installed and still playing. Just started a career game until 09 comes out but no-one will offer me a job :(

I wonder why...

and Im not going to FM 2008 now as that will make the next one month and one day (counting down :D) even slower so far my game has took up alot of time!

Not trying to be funny but your defence needs sorting out, if you are conceding 4 goals try and tightening your defence.

Very good for 2013 though mate, I say stick at it and win champions league

Tell me about it. I've been trying to find a solution for 4 seasons, I customarily concede 2 goals a game at least, usually because my defenders get tackled in the box or just mess up. I thought getting in an ageing Ashley Cole to join Breno, Sidnei and Hutton might tighten things, but it didnt.

Tell me about it. I've been trying to find a solution for 4 seasons, I customarily concede 2 goals a game at least, usually because my defenders get tackled in the box or just mess up. I thought getting in an ageing Ashley Cole to join Breno, Sidnei and Hutton might tighten things, but it didnt.

Maybe set their individual instructions to play long ball and quickly, especially if you play possesion football generally, although that may not be what you are looking for!

I was joking, honest. But usually you will get a team towards the bottom of the table where the manager has got the sack, I got Braintree, I need help!

I was about to respond but then realised I had just got offered the job at Operario dos Acores and have accepted!. :)

I was playing my Reading save, but it broke last week - as in, it won't load. Just got them into the Champion's League for the first time (had just started the 2014/2015 season), after finishing a close 2nd in the league and had built what I believed to be a World-Class side.

Words can't express how furious I was.

So I recently started a Crystal Palace save. Won promotion via the playoffs in the first season, and have just embarked upon my Premier League journey. Currently sitting 17th after about 12 games - I struggled to get in quality defenders. Have a load of great attacking players

(the cheap ones like Stancu, Dzsudzsak, Piatti, Mihelic)

but nothing defensively - so I score, but leak.

Guest roberto922

I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting to get my laptop back at which point I will have a mad rush at finishing Dafuges challenge (so close, in Europe with AFC Wimbledon atm)

Archived