Important announcement about 00:01 release - Please Read

• Administrators

Hi everyone,

As you should all be aware by now, Football Manager 2012 is all set to go live to you all at 00:01 BST. With so many people activating and downloading the game obviously there's a chance you may encounter issues when first attempting to activate the game - also please be aware that it may take around half an hour or so for the game to properly propagate across Steam. This means that the final files which will be downloaded need to spread across Steam's servers so they can be available to everyone downloading it.

So some of you at first it may find it a little bit slow or you may have some difficulties getting activated. Please don't panic or think that your game is broke. Just be a little patient and it will most certainly come! There will be a number of SI and Sega support guys around tonight to help you through things, we'll also be posting an FAQ to help us all get through this as easily as possible.

Here's hoping that for those of you who stay up late for it (do you not have jobs/school/girlfriends/boyfriends?!) get it as soon as feasibly possible and are leading your chosen clubs to glory by 5am. Ahem.

Thanks.

Yeah I remember 2 years ago the guys who preloaded the game could not play it.

We had to verify the game or something like that but this was figured out at least 30 minutes or so later.

I had uninstalled my game and reinstalled it right after the release because the fix was not out yet.

Damn the servers were so slow.

I find it a bit harsh that an SI guy had to make this thread.

Sega should be the ones taking the flak for the first half hour - 45 minutes where people can't play, as they've been the ones saying "it'll be ready at 00:01" in every single thread they post in.

I find it a bit harsh that an SI guy had to make this thread.

Sega should be the ones taking the flak for the first half hour - 45 minutes where people can't play, as they've been the ones saying "it'll be ready at 00:01" in every single thread they post in.

How about we wait to see how it goes before apportioning blame?

I think you grabbed the wrong end of the stick.

I.e. completely missed the humour in my post.

Words on a screen have a strange tendency to come across as serious without some help. ;) You see? :p

Sorry if I misinterpreted, that sort of post is serious all too often here.

Hopefully there won't be many, or any, issues but it's impossible to foresee exactly what's going to happen as you can never prepare for everything (although we try damned hard to do so!).

We will however, try and react as quickly as humanly possible to any issues that do come up so try and be a bit patient with us if something does go wrong for you. :)

Me neither, bit hard given my current location though. Was a very regular visitor to the barside from 1990-2000

I have less of an excuse, going from a 5 minute walk to a 25 minute bus journey is a little less awkward than your trip. :D

Here's hoping that for those of you who stay up late for it (do you not have jobs/school/girlfriends/boyfriends?!) get it as soon as feasibly possible and are leading your chosen clubs to glory by 5am. Ahem.

Thanks.

I Dont have a Job Neil Well Not till 00.01 when Take Over from King Kenny at Liverpool:D

Hopefully there won't be many, or any, issues but it's impossible to foresee exactly what's going to happen as you can never prepare for everything (although we try damned hard to do so!).

We will however, try and react as quickly as humanly possible to any issues that do come up so try and be a bit patient with us if something does go wrong for you. :)

at least you can all be happy and safe in the knowledge that the vast majority of customers have more than 10 braincells and will expect a few teething issues considering the amount of unlocking and downloads etc going on all at the same time ...

bound to cause some issues ..

and we're all thankful im sure that SI have the forethought and general awesomeness to let us know.... unlike the vast majority of companies who CONSTANTLY have issues upon release and never give nay headsup or help on the matter... *cough EA etc cough*

I will put down a solid 4 hours gaming and 4 hours sleep tonight, work at 9, but its Friday tomorrow!

Ohh I'm 26 and still as excited as I have been for every version from CM2 95 season

I hope Spurs are amazing and West Ham dont get the Olympic Stadium!!

And after tonight - Pavlyuchenko should have 16+ free kicks!!!

Thanks to the Si team for giving me so many years worth of entertainment (ruining my life*) - every new version is always an improvement but from the demo, this seems a significant step up!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

at least you can all be happy and safe in the knowledge that the vast majority of customers have more than 10 braincells and will expect a few teething issues considering the amount of unlocking and downloads etc going on all at the same time ...

bound to cause some issues ..

and we're all thankful im sure that SI have the forethought and general awesomeness to let us know.... unlike the vast majority of companies who CONSTANTLY have issues upon release and never give nay headsup or help on the matter... *cough EA etc cough*

Regarding your first statement, sometimes, I'm not so sure :p. regardless let's hope it goes as smooth as possible with as little "WHY NO UNLOCK IT 00:0!!1!1!!!1oenone!!", and that everyone can enjoy the game for a bit before they go to bed

Happy to be installing, but the people that make these games really need to realise that there are lots of different timezones in the world.

I rushed out to the shops this morning at 9am (in Australia) and was still unable to install and the game "wasn't released yet". We already pay a 30% premium for games in Australia, the least you could do is let us play on release day!

There are people who have those figures yes. I don't know them though and I'm not sure even if I did, I'd be able to share them with you :)

And if you did, you would have to kill us?

Thanks though for putting this on steam, very easy and all is up and running. :thup:

Happy to be installing, but the people that make these games really need to realise that there are lots of different timezones in the world.

I rushed out to the shops this morning at 9am (in Australia) and was still unable to install and the game "wasn't released yet". We already pay a 30% premium for games in Australia, the least you could do is let us play on release day!

We've said many times that it would only be activated at midnight UK time over the course of the last few days/weeks.

Glad it's all up and running for you though :)

Archived