OFFICIAL* Blog Feedback - International Management

As far as I can tell it's roughly allowing a 30 man squad before you have to register the 23, and yet more news items. Very minor tweaks indeed.

What about contracts?

Manager interaction over withdrawn players/asked to play 45 minutes only?

Is AI squad selection better or do they still just pick the same, literally old, players?

Explanations to the media/player about why they've been dropped?

All seems great Miles.

Maybe a little addition for future that I'm quite disappointed with, all these players that are automatically declared for nation or will not countenance playing for your nation when they have no chance being called up for their second nation.

There should be a discussion where the international manager can declare an interest. Also for club managers can they not push a player in a certain direction as with a few players a manager has given a dossier to an international manager to let them know eligibility of their squad.

So can the FM gamer manage an U23 side?

Will the international manager get a contract?

Will he be able to pinch club backroom staff to double-up on no salaries?

Will the FM gamer be able to continue to manage a club side and international side with no down-side, such as travelling issues?

I'm not really seeing much in the way of significant improvement, yet.

http://www.thedugout.net/community/showthread.php?t=75257

It's a cool read, but besides that it also reveals an important issue.

THE HOST COUNTRIES ARE ALWAYS THE SAME!!!!

Please have this fixed in FM12.

Also hopefully the large text gives you my attention for some other features worth considering if you really want to make International Managing better:

- Managing U-23, U-21, U-20, U-19 etc. sides, they need to be more detailed or dynamic experience. If I for example am a renowned manager in Poland, I want to see in my news box the Manager of Poland(or the Polish FA) asking me if I am interested in managing an international youth side, etc. whatever you can think of to make the experience more .. legit. :)

- Player Interaction, probably one of the biggest aspects of being an international manager is player interaction. If you want a foreign player like Koscielny for example, to reconsider playing for Poland, then you should be allowed to speak with him about the issue. Likewise with a whole ton of other possible interactions. A regular player is unhappy about not being called up? Interact with him and demand he start performing better in the league, etc.

- The Press - If there is one thing obvious about international managing, is that the press is super difficult. It should feel like the press is out to get you. Wouldn't mind seeing more news items about the press blasting your performances, your player selections, criticizing your ability upon appointment and draws/losses etc. Likewise, I'd imagine the relationship between you and some club managers to be ****** at best. As a club manager, there should be some questions in the press allowing you to criticize international football as well as the current international manager, and should a player be injured during international duty, a set of questions regarding that.

- Staff Appointments - I just find it odd they don't get paid. :p

Thanks for your time. :)

THE HOST COUNTRIES ARE ALWAYS THE SAME!!!!

I do hope there's more variation with this in FM12 now that host nations apparently can construct stadiums for the competition, as opposed to being limited by what domestic club stadiums there are available.

One thing I would really like to see would be, if you are managing both a nation and a club, that they'd appear separately on your top main menu, rather than having to scroll down and choosing your team or nation...I would definitely go for more international jobs if it was quicker and simpler to use for the lazy person like me

One thing I would really like to see would be, if you are managing both a nation and a club, that they'd appear separately on your top main menu, rather than having to scroll down and choosing your team or nation...I would definitely go for more international jobs if it was quicker and simpler to use for the lazy person like me

Same here. There's no clear separation and it's just annoying really.

Some nice improvements to the International side of things. I never tire of taking on the role of Int Manager from time to time. Breaks up the game for me and gives me something different to do.

New additions sounds great. I appreciate that not all things can be added in one swoop.

What about training? Or at least the option to rest your players after a match.

And, so important this, we will it possible for us to set the pitch dimension for home international games?

I know, sometimes we can be some ungrateful bastards! You write a blog with 10 or 15 new features, and all we do is complaining about features that aren't in this year game.

The only new feature I can see is big squads. Friendlies, information about players injured/suspended are already in the game and everything else is yet more news items to click through. I think the main complaining is about stuff that hasn't been in the International side of the game for years. Even those years that promised a focus upon International Management.

More frendlies before major tournamets...ATLAST...but besides that, only minor tweaks...nothing major, too bad as i always like international managing, but cant play it without being at a club, because of huge waits and little things available to do

More frendlies before major tournamets...ATLAST...but besides that, only minor tweaks...nothing major, too bad as i always like international managing, but cant play it without being at a club, because of huge waits and little things available to do

So, pretty much like IRL then.

Hi

Still no shirt/squad numbers?, except for tournements?

I would like shirt/squad numbers and the ability to choose City/Stadium when playing Home Friendlies !

This could also give the team/manager more support/popularity/boost when playing other places they normally do, giving the "whole nation" the chance to see the national team playing.

Great stuff about the friendlies before tournaments.

However:

What about the Winter Break tours? In my case (being from Denmark) our national side every year arrange friendly tours with players based in Denmark that are out for Winter break. Will such tours be included too?

Friendlies before tournaments has been one of my long term wishes. I'm glad it is finally in.

There are only two things lacking for me in international management. The first is the lack of an ability to try and convince a dual nationalityplayer to play for your nation.

The other thing is a player asking you before a prospective transfer whether it would harm or enhance their chances of making a team. So a fringe Arsenal player asking about a transfer to Norwich, or a player from Australia asking about a move to the Championship or to Turkey etc etc.

I would like to know if there is a way when you go on holiday that you can automatically apply for international jobs? It should work the same way as the current apply for club positions works.

This could mean starting with either a lower international or club side and working your way up the ranks by moving from international to club management and back again.

It shouldn't be hard to introduce as they have this feature for club sides currently.

Regards

---

To vote and provide feedback on my general discussion topic to introduce Staff Roles and Duties into FM Series please click on my provided link to do so http://bit.ly/u8WoDS

It's not just you. I hate the way the menus are for it now.

It would be nice if you are sounded out by a nation. They come and ask you if you are interested in their U19s as an example. Everytime you refuse you become less likely to get approached again from that nation and perhaps any nation with a similar reputaion. In the end, you will not get approached at all and would have to declare interest or apply yourself. At this point you may get rejected simply because you rejected them in the past.

Should be an option to talk to club managers if they make demands on how the International manager can use their player. You should have a Scout who you can assign to keep on eye on a group of players you have slected from your squad. The better the scout the more players he can keep an eye on. You may need three or four scouts to keep tabs on your own players as we ll as the next opponent.

Contracts are a must

Really like the improvements to international management as it is something I do a lot, although I do have a couple of questions.

With these pre-World Cup friendlies will they be able to be hosted at neutral venues in the tournaments' host nation as often happens irl?

and

With the added drama with bidding for international tournaments, will there be allegations of corruption? Especially to the fact that it is accepted as fact just like a certain country starting with Q...

What about training? Or at least the option to rest your players after a match.

This for me too. It's such an important omission from the game at the moment, especially for tournaments.

Also, I'd like some kind of option to auto-recall a player who missed the last squad through injury. The amount of times I forget to call up my star player is unbelievable.

As it stands though, this blog has not moved me at all on international management, especially saying there is now a nation overview screen with key players, teams, world ranking, etc. We already had that!

I was hoping to see something to improve recognition for achievements with smaller nations, qualifying nations for the first time, or getting small nations to the knockout stages should be recognized for the big achievements they would be in real life

This for me too. It's such an important omission from the game at the moment, especially for tournaments.

Also, I'd like some kind of option to auto-recall a player who missed the last squad through injury. The amount of times I forget to call up my star player is unbelievable.

As it stands though, this blog has not moved me at all on international management, especially saying there is now a nation overview screen with key players, teams, world ranking, etc. We already had that!

Is that not you just being a poor international manager and not looking at players recent form and condition before picking your squad???:p:lol:

It's easy to forget one player, when trying to manage a club and country at the same time. I admit I don't spend much time picking my squad, but it would be a nice little addition if you could have some kind of auto-recall feature.

I hope that will be able to set your nation's youth sides to play your first team tactic, either if those sides are controlled by your assistant or by other coaches, which you can't atm. As I want to be as much hands-on as international manager as I'm with my club, and I feel it's very important that all the squads are playing my tactic. (Which I think is the best tactic in the world :p).

And I also think that being able to talk to players about chosing to play for your nation is very welcome. So hope that function is added (soon).

The inability to recruit dual nationals is a major issue for international management. Also, i feel like there are too few dual nationals being produced in the game. If you look at the US squad and young talents there are a lot of potential German-American kids whose parents are servicemen. This is not reflected in the game at all. Also the AI squad selection is atrocious. They pick on reputation and not talent level so old players hang around forever even when they are 36 and have no club.

Also, I think there should be a need for "Retirement Matches" when an International star plays his last match for the national team. The player should set a retirement date for international football, and the International Manager should have the option available in Interact to ask if the player would like a retirement match. Then you or the computer sets a Home Match against a moderate to weaker opposition as the retirement match which can have some special commentary lines, big increase in fans attending, etc.

Also, I think there should be a need for "Retirement Matches" when an International star plays his last match for the national team. The player should set a retirement date for international football, and the International Manager should have the option available in Interact to ask if the player would like a retirement match. Then you or the computer sets a Home Match against a moderate to weaker opposition as the retirement match which can have some special commentary lines, big increase in fans attending, etc.

Does this ever happen in international football? Usually players retire after a big tournament like the World Cup, Euro Champs or Copa America.

Does this ever happen in international football? Usually players retire after a big tournament like the World Cup, Euro Champs or Copa America.

I can remember Italy did it with Roberto Baggio and Brazil for Ronaldo

I speak from experience of following my own national team. We've did it with several players over the last decade, most recently Michal Zewlakow. (which didn't have much of a turnout because the stupid FA made ticket prices more expansive than Man United home games :rolleyes: )

Like I said though, it should only be available for star players and national legends, or anyone with an obscene amount of caps to their name.

CONTRACTS! What manager in his silly mind would ever manage a country without getting paid?!

This is a ridiculous flaw of the Football Manager series. I think its bizarre that SI overlooks this every year. And is it that difficult to fix? The whole contract structure is already in the game, so using that for international management seems not too big a step.

Please fix this before FM12 is released in full!!!!

CONTRACTS! What manager in his silly mind would ever manage a country without getting paid?!

This is a ridiculous flaw of the Football Manager series. I think its bizarre that SI overlooks this every year. And is it that difficult to fix? The whole contract structure is already in the game, so using that for international management seems not too big a step.

Please fix this before FM12 is released in full!!!!

I've seen this asked for a few times, and understand that people are quite passionate in asking for it, but I don't see what actual impact it would have in the game. International sides don't pay wages or have budgets, so the wage would be entirely symbolic, no? The only possible difference I can see that it could make would be reducing the likelihood of getting the sack because of the cost of paying off your remaining contract.

I can remember Italy did it with Roberto Baggio and Brazil for Ronaldo

Turkey did this for Tugay as well. But to me its no big deal if its in or not. If it one day comes it would be a nice little feature, but its certainly not something I miss.

Edit: Typo

Archived