7 Goals in one game! This is INSANE!!!

Edit: For all the confusion regarding my team, I use Arsenal. I parked the bus with Arsenal. I smashed 8 goals against Leeds. I know Arsenal don't play like this in real life but with some nifty counter attacking and Walcott being a speed demon, this happened. Below are some specifics of my tactic.

4-5-1 Formation

Deep Defensive Line, Wide Play, Slow Tempo

Walcott as Poacher, Ball played to feet

3rd game in (of using this tactic as I usually play 4-4-2) ... and this happens! :mad:

insanegoals.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This will NEVER EVER happen in real life in the Premier League I dont care WHO you are!!! ( Okay so NEVER EVER might be a little over the top! hehe. More like unlikely! :) Thank you people for pointing that out! )

This will NEVER EVER happen in real life in the Premier League I dont care WHO you are!!!

Looks like we've got ourselves a fortune teller here.

It's a game mate. If enough people play it in enough different ways then some out of the ordinary things are bound to happen from time to time.

Take a deap breath and remember that it's not real life.

I don't get why one player scoring seven goals couldn't happen? :confused:

Past records:

# Most goals in a game: 10, Joe Payne (for Luton Town v. Bristol Rovers, 13 April 1936)

# Most goals in a top flight game: 7, Ted Drake for Arsenal v. Aston Villa (away), Dec 14 1935

In the Premier League, five goals is the record individual scoring total for a player in a single Premier League game. Four players have achieved this: Andy Cole, Alan Shearer, Jermain Defoe and Dimitar Berbatov. Why couldn't a player, one day, hit another couple of goals on top of this and beat this record?

As a final thought, was the OP Leeds United then? :D Deep Defensive Line, Wide Play, Slow Tempo - so he sat very deep, played wide and with a slow tempo. It sounds as if he opened up as much space as possible for Arsenal and asked his players to dwell on the ball. Considering that Arsenal likely pressed high up the pitch and took full advantage of all of the space, the result probably isn't that surprising, is it?

Past records:

# Most goals in a game: 10, Joe Payne (for Luton Town v. Bristol Rovers, 13 April 1936)

# Most goals in a top flight game: 7, Ted Drake for Arsenal v. Aston Villa (away), Dec 14 1935

In the Premier League, five goals is the record individual scoring total for a player in a single Premier League game. Four players have achieved this: Andy Cole, Alan Shearer, Jermain Defoe and Dimitar Berbatov. Why couldn't a player, one day, hit another couple of goals on top of this and beat this record?

As a final thought, was the OP Leeds United then? :D Deep Defensive Line, Wide Play, Slow Tempo - so he sat very deep, played wide and with a slow tempo. It sounds as if he opened up as much space as possible for Arsenal and asked his players to dwell on the ball. Considering that Arsenal likely pressed high up the pitch and took full advantage of all of the space, the result probably isn't that surprising, is it?

And just checked from your St Albans City career and remembered you posted about a certain Wilfred Minter who scored 7 goals in a single FA Cup and still lost ;)

I know it's not the Premier League, but some guy in the Cypriot 3rd division scored 16 goals in one game, think that's the record for most goals by a player in one game.

And like someone already mentioned Alves scored 7 in a 9-0 win.

I don't see it happening myself, but it's not impossible, just very unlikely to happen in the Premier League

I know it's not the Premier League, but some guy in the Cypriot 3rd division scored 16 goals in one game, think that's the record for most goals by a player in one game.

And like someone already mentioned Alves scored 7 in a 9-0 win.

I don't see it happening myself, but it's not impossible, just very unlikely to happen in the Premier League

Panagiotis Pontikos is the player in question, I think

Well, I might have over reacted on the IMPOSSIBLE part but I just wanted to say that the Premier league has become so competitive nowadays that this should not happen. And of course, I know it's just a game... etc. Important to note though that the opponents were a newly promoted side.

Another thing of note though is that as the seasons go by in the Premier League in FM, there builds a sort of Barca/Real tandem between Manchester City and Arsenal/Chelsea/ManU/Liverpool.

Manchester City are personally god like as the seasons go by in England.

Well, I might have over reacted on the IMPOSSIBLE part but I just wanted to say that the Premier league has become so competitive nowadays that this should not happen. And of course, I know it's just a game... etc. Important to note though that the opponents were a newly promoted side.

Another thing of note though is that as the seasons go by in the Premier League in FM, there builds a sort of Barca/Real tandem between Manchester City and Arsenal/Chelsea/ManU/Liverpool.

Manchester City are personally god like as the seasons go by in England.

Man City are dominant to start with but not forever. On my holiday save they didn't win the league until 2024 and over the next 11 seasons they won it a further 8 times. It's now 2100 and they have not won it for over 50 years, 2046 being the last time.

Man City are dominant to start with but not forever. On my holiday save they didn't win the league until 2024 and over the next 11 seasons they won it a further 8 times. It's now 2100 and they have not won it for over 50 years, 2046 being the last time.

Never had the chance to get that far... but good to know... at least, all is not lost here.

I weish they were dominant for me...

arsnal are just overgood on this game like man city in fm 10 si really need to stop doing this im currnetly in 2018 on my save and in the epl its nothing but pure arsnal domination won league evry year

Not like that in my save, every save is different. In mine, Arsenal only won the first season then its been Man utd and Man City mainly, Chelsea got a couple titles, Spurs got 3.

EDIT: Forgot the reason I came on here. I had Babacar score 7 in a game (I'm Ajax) against Feyenoord which was amazing.

7 goals, not bad. My striker went one better...

1234ol.png

I'm in 2028 and this is only the second match ever my team have got in double figures. The other game was a 12-1 win against Galatasaray 5 seasons earlier and the same striker hit 7 in that game.

Very rare for one player to hit so many in a single game though in my FM save.

4-5-1 Formation

Poacher, Ball played to feet

3rd game in... and this happens! :mad:

insanegoals.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This will NEVER EVER happen in real life in the Premier League I dont care WHO you are!!!

But in FM, Impossible is Nothing... oh wait, that's adidas!

Did you watch Palermo-Udinese yesterday?

And am I the only one to remeber the ******** of 6-0's early this season and also in the last season in the PL?

Did you watch Palermo-Udinese yesterday?

And am I the only one to remeber the ******** of 6-0's early this season and also in the last season in the PL?

Nope. 6 goals by one player?

I think you guys missing one point of the OP.

4-5-1 Formation

Poacher, Ball played to feet

Have you noticed how defensive he plays? This is literally a parking the bus,yet he concedes so many goals...if the EPL is as competitive as you guys mention,then with such a defensive set-up,he shouldnt be able to have more than 2,maybe 3 at most,goals...and that when unlucky...

But you are Leeds and you are the human manager. That wouldn't happen if you had great tactics & a vastly improved manager profile because what you achieve (if you exceed expectations lot) improves your manager profile & thus your players play better & improves tactical/team talk efficiency

How many did Defoe score against Wigan when they beat them 9-1 last season in the Premier League?

I think he scored 5, but he could have easily scored 7 or 8 that day.

I wouldn't say that it's "impossible" for a player to score 7 in one game, unlikely yes but not impossible.

Its a game FFS. i had a match last week in which i won 4-0 with 4 different players scoring.....OWN GOALS. I bet if u were playing with Arsenal and were 4-0 up at half time and finished 4-4 u will be on here having a rant saying it will never happen......hmmmmm

Defoe scored 5 in one half in Premier League in 2009 against Wigan. That's probably the closest you've gotten recently.

Less recently the Top Flight record in Endlang is 7 in one game and 10 if you count lower divisions as well.

I parked the bus with Arsenal! haha! Yes, I did! Apparently, it works in FM. Might it not work in real life? Wenger should read the Art of War of Sun Tzu.

He said, "He who is well prepared and lies in wait for an enemy who is not well prepared will be victorious."

Park the bus boys. BC did it against Arsenal in the Carling Cup final. You all know what happened there!

Cheers!

I parked the bus with Arsenal! haha! Yes, I did! Apparently, it works in FM. Might it not work in real life? Wenger should read the Art of War of Sun Tzu.

He said, "He who is well prepared and lies in wait for an enemy who is not well prepared will be victorious."

Park the bus boys. BC did it against Arsenal in the Carling Cup final. You all know what happened there!

Cheers!

Yeah but if you're gonna park the bus at least do it right...

And then italian football is criticised for the "catenaccio",maybe you brits should learn a thing or two about defensive football from us ;)

First post is a good example in showing how overpower are pacey strikers,in fact 99% of tactics are based on pacey strikers. In this version no one wants strikers that struggle to score like Zigic and Crouch and when strikers like Agbonlahor and Walcott play like gods.

First post is a good example in showing how overpower are pacey strikers,in fact 99% of tactics are based on pacey strikers. In this version no one wants strikers that struggle to score like Zigic and Crouch and when strikers like Agbonlahor and Walcott play like gods.

dunno about that really, depend a lot on tactics, some work better with pacy strikers some with a big guy

do you really think Dzeko would have been so popular if it was all about pace?

Archived