Favourite player... who's yours?

In my Villa save it's Luka Modric. Signed him in the first January window and now, midway through season 5 he's far and away my favourite player in my squad.

There are probably bigger names in the team - Rooney, Mata, Huntelaar, Sneijder... - But for some reason I have a man crush for the Croat :D

It makes me beam with pride that I'm listed in his favoured personnel.

Who are the players that have stolen your hearts, even when the bigger names arrive?

I got fed up trying to always build beautiful footballing teams, so I've taken over Bolton Wanderers with a mission to accomplish as much as I can playing 'anti-football'.

It's not going too badly and I lie sixth in the Premier League (first season) just after Christmas.

BY far and away my favourite player is Kevin Davies. He can't stop scoring, out-muscles opposing defenders and is playing exactly as I would expect him to play IRL.

So I have to say big Kevin Davies is my top player right now. I love him dearly, elbows and all!

Joe Mattock. Buy him every game I play. He's brilliant as a left back, and not bad in the left winger slot either.

I do have a soft spot for him actually, couldn't get him in my current save as he'd just gone to Fiorentina... had to settle for Sakho.

I do have a soft spot for him actually, couldn't get him in my current save as he'd just gone to Fiorentina... had to settle for Sakho.

First bought him on either 08 or 09, cos the girlfriend thought he looked fit. :D

---

Woot! 2000th post! I'm now officially a Semi Pro! *waggles eyebrows* :D

for me its adam pepper, the focal point of my all conquering liverpool team, at 24 hes 3 shy of a hundred league goals and is now captain, awesome player

Having my random moment of the day... I had a regen with that name!

He was a keeper, sold him to Everton for a couple of mil. He's now their No. 1.

Randomly... :D

i was at spurs and i did love lil luka, shame he pi**ed off to Inter after 2 seasons. my fave personel wasnt a player anymore but my assistant. Mr del piero. assistant at spurs from 2012, assisted me for spurs/norway (for the entire 6 weeks)/italy/england/russia. obviosly i was his favored personel but i was slightly dissappionted he didnt make mine. we've spent 8 years together so far. in fact i have no favorite personel. does anyone?

In my South China save, I have 2. Leandro Carrijo, a quality striker who helped us win the league 1st season with 17 goals, and last season, even though we were a dissapointing 3rd, helped us to a double, scoring 37 goals.

This season, loanee Henrique with 10 goals in 7 games so far, including 5 against current champions Kitchee.

I think Rooney is outstanding. Every game I've played, no matter what team you sign him for, he scores a massive amount of goals. In the last season I played he scored 66 goals. Pretty much scored every game he appeared in. No goal droughts from this boy. Plus he's only a young lad, you can get 8 years of service from him before he starts to fall away.

Casillas. If you include all club competitions, he currently has 874 appearances for Real Madrid and 170 caps for Spain :) The man still has a few years left and I'm trying to see if I can get him to 1000 appearances.

If he does make it 1000 appearances, it would be quite an achievement, haha.

I got fed up trying to always build beautiful footballing teams, so I've taken over Bolton Wanderers with a mission to accomplish as much as I can playing 'anti-football'.

It's not going too badly and I lie sixth in the Premier League (first season) just after Christmas.

BY far and away my favourite player is Kevin Davies. He can't stop scoring, out-muscles opposing defenders and is playing exactly as I would expect him to play IRL.

So I have to say big Kevin Davies is my top player right now. I love him dearly, elbows and all!

I’m playing Bolton Wanderers right now (took over second season after they got relegated) and can’t say I’ve been impressed with Kevin Davies. I brought Zavon Hines in and he has been nothing short of magical. I suggest him if you unfortunately do the drop.

Tim Cahill. Early january, 13 goals, 13 assists, 5 MoM's. He's the man.

He’s an Aussie, do we need say more :rolleyes:

my fave personel wasnt a player anymore but my assistant. Mr del piero. assistant at spurs from 2012, assisted me for spurs/norway (for the entire 6 weeks)/italy/england/russia. obviosly i was his favored personel but i was slightly dissappionted he didnt make mine. we've spent 8 years together so far. in fact i have no favorite personel. does anyone?

I don’t believe you can get favoured personnel, I’m not sure how the game would assume who you favour unless you put it in. It would be a nice feature to IMO.

Jack Rodwell

This fella is going to be a legend. I keep stealing him out of the England squad to play in the Under 21’s, and he is really something. I want to sign him when I take Bolton to promotion.

Regarding the OP, my favourite player would have to be either Jack Rodwell, Mark Noble or Jack Collison. These three players are generally the rocks in my midfield, and I can always rely on them to be consistent. Though Noble and Collison aren’t the best players in the world, they are definitely worth a place in my team.

For my Rossendale team (09-16) Dan Fitchett, a young striker who is at my real life team Wycombe, he scored tons of goals to help my charge from Unibond 1st Division to League 1

Sheffield Wednesday (16 to present(17)) Kevin Nolan. I am not normally a fan of playing old players (he is 35 now) but the attacking midfielder is still putting in great performances as I top League 1

If he does make it 1000 appearances, it would be quite an achievement, haha.

I’m playing Bolton Wanderers right now (took over second season after they got relegated) and can’t say I’ve been impressed with Kevin Davies. I brought Zavon Hines in and he has been nothing short of magical. I suggest him if you unfortunately do the drop.

He’s an Aussie, do we need say more :rolleyes:

I don’t believe you can get favoured personnel, I’m not sure how the game would assume who you favour unless you put it in. It would be a nice feature to IMO.

This fella is going to be a legend. I keep stealing him out of the England squad to play in the Under 21’s, and he is really something. I want to sign him when I take Bolton to promotion.

Regarding the OP, my favourite player would have to be either Jack Rodwell, Mark Noble or Jack Collison. These three players are generally the rocks in my midfield, and I can always rely on them to be consistent. Though Noble and Collison aren’t the best players in the world, they are definitely worth a place in my team.

Yep Rodwell turns out to be a great player. Signed him straight away with Chelsea and had Lampard tutoring him. He developed very well and was a great replacement for lampard when he hung up his boots.

Yep Rodwell turns out to be a great player. Signed him straight away with Chelsea and had Lampard tutoring him. He developed very well and was a great replacement for lampard when he hung up his boots.

How much did you sign him for? I probably won’t be able to get him for a few seasons yet on my Bolton save, but with West Ham, I got him second season for $16M (pounds). I agree, he would be a great replacement for Lampard, how do you play him BTW?

How much did you sign him for? I probably won’t be able to get him for a few seasons yet on my Bolton save, but with West Ham, I got him second season for $16M (pounds). I agree, he would be a great replacement for Lampard, how do you play him BTW?

Signed him in the first transfer window for £14 million.

I play him as Advanced Playmaker > Support

with a Ball Winning Midfielder > Defend alongside him

Archived