Worst team you've ever won the premiership with

I got Walsall into the PL and was top of the league but left and took over at Everton. I had taken them as far as I could imo. I ended up finishing in 4th with Everton and Walsall ended up 8th. They are now 2 seasons later top of the Championship and had a new stadium built called Walker Stadium after their legend Jimmy Walker lol.

Coventry for me, Got to the Champions League semis in Season 3, Finished top of Championship Season 1, 10th in Prem Season 2, 4th in Prem Season 3 & Champions League Semis, now in Season 4 and Top of the League in Feb :)

Ps. Greatest Ever Football Manager acheivement for me was beating Barcelona twice in the Champions League group stages followed by beating Real Madrid in the next round, finally going out to Inter in the Semis :(

09: Solihull Moors - Stayed until I was 85 or so; won the title 10 times in a row IIRC.

10: Give me a break; Ive only managed to get Seaford from level 10 to Isthmian Premier in 4 seasons. Give me 6 more season and Ill be there :p

(Not even remotely possible, due to challenge rules - no transfers allowed, only players and staff from own youth team /squad...)

09: Solihull Moors - Stayed until I was 85 or so; won the title 10 times in a row IIRC.

10: Give me a break; Ive only managed to get Seaford from level 10 to Isthmian Premier in 4 seasons. Give me 6 more season and Ill be there :p

(Not even remotely possible, due to challenge rules - no transfers allowed, only players and staff from own youth team /squad...)

Wow, that is superb dedication :thup:, and good luck with Seaford :p, you sound like you're going to need it!

• 3 weeks later...

Just won the Premiership with Scunthorpe for the second time. Nearly lost it too. 3 points ahead of Chelsea, but with worse goal difference going into the last game. They were 3-0 up at Aston Villa and I was 2-0 down at Sunderland going into the 65th minute. Luckily a last minute researgance allowed me to with 3-2.

They're that bad nobody can win it with them ;)

LOL! Agreed.

I was on the Premier League website the other day and saw they had a competition to "win the Premier League trophy for a day!"

I posted the link on the Liverpool forums, post was marked "FAO Rafa - The only chance you have to get your hands on the Premier League trophy"

!! :D !!

St. Blazey only took around 11 seasons, which was a suprise...

But you use FMRTE to get the best players possible. With all due respect, anybody can get a team like St Blazey to win the Premier League if they use FMRTE.

Farnborough Town after like 9 seasons, it was in CM00-01 I think, one of the first editions you could play in the Conference. So sad I can't find any screenshot of those good days :D In those games you could gain promotion after promotion :p

My mate played as Hull in about 1998 and bought only players over 31, sold anyone younger. The average age for his squad was something like 33. He finished 8th in his first season, got the sack midway through the second and they ended up winning the league.

He wasn't best pleased he didn't win it but was very impressed cos they hadn't added youth to the team. Might try it this time round. See if it's possible!!

Kettering Town on FM08

07/08: 1st in BSN

08/09: 1st in BSP

09/10: 1st in L2

10/11: 1st in L1

11/12: 6th in Champ (lost in playoff semi)

12/13: 1st in Champ

13/14: 10th in Prem

14/15: 5th in Prem

15/16: 3rd in Prem (lost out on last day of the season)

16/17: CHAMPIONS!

Back on championship manager 2 i had total world domination with Oldham Athletic. I mean complete and utter domination... won quadruple 3 years in a row as i recall. But i guess that was some time ago :/

Never won prem with anyone overly impressive, current save i have my beloved Coventry in the prem, but still building on my first midtable finish.

However, my main reason for posting.... Have you ever heard of signing English Players?! That scunny squad looks like a who's who of thoroughly foreign football!

Nice achievement mind :)

Archived