Anyone sticking with fm09?

not a chance. FM 09 is a dinosaur to me now and I am counting the hours down until I can start my new career on Fm10.

i cant really get into the demo, even though i think its a massive improvement over 09. i guess its cause i know that ill only start a new one when the game comes out anyway..

although, i have really gotten into an 09 save.. decisions :rolleyes:

I think the demo does not last long enough, it should be a full season IMO but I will certainly be getting FM10 as soon as it comes out. :)

Been very impressed with the demo, and the improvements as well as the new interface. But if your well into a saved game on FM09 then just delay the purchase - and just ask for it as a christmas pressie! lol.

I played fm10 demo think its very good but cant get into it like 09 and ive really enjoying my old game so i decided to stick another year with 09! anyone else doing the same?

Yep, exactly the same. I can't stand the new UI. I don't want to have to LEARN to play the new game, I just want to have fun. I cancelled my pre-order the other day, and I'm enjoying my Wigan save on FM09 more than ever.

IVe only once gone 'back' and that was for a few months where I was away from my main pc and had an old laptop that couldnt run FM09.

Cant see the point - im getting bored of FM09 now - I know all the good players, it gets dull after that and one or two 20+ year career games.

New editor = unplayable leagues now playable. For this reason alone, I could never go back to any previous version of the game.

Not to mention that we also get more retain player options, which is a huge factor for me. I simply cannot tolerate a game database that does not include the players from all the top level clubs and international teams in the world.

I would be shocked if people stick with FM09 as FM10 is so much better in every way from match engine and tactics system, FM09 dissapointed me in a way where i thought the game could go no further and SI have made me eat humble pie and im not complaining :)

I'm sticking with 09 definately. I tried the demo for 10 and it looked fine, but I have a save I'm really into in 09 and there is nothing that will tempt me away from it in 10. I think 09 is as near as perfect as you will get for a while.

I have not decide yet if i like it or not , it looks okay but it has too many options and too many buttons , it took me several minutes to find "Save" button.

Also there are not thousands of full star coaches around and the transfer market is crap as always , so far i am like 50% buy it 50% stick to 07

Only if someone comes up with a better skin. The Klasa Gold skin on 09 was perfect for navigation, not so the new skin. I have to go through SOOOO many menus to find out anything in the game its annoying. I dearly hope someone intergates the sidebar back into their skin, would be very welcome.

I won't be playing 2010 until it's fully patched. Mainly because i don't want a repeat of 2009 i played until feb got a few good saves then needed to start again with new database(Jan transfers) so i will play 2009 until feb as i have a good LLM save at this time then make the switch to 2010 and start a game with the beloved Ashton United ;)

I dont understand why you would stick to FM 09. Yh it's good but 2010 even better, and thats just the demo :) !!!

Because I have a save that I've put a lot of work into and there isn't enough incentive for me to start over again on 10. Whether it's a better game is down to opinions and I love 09 after the 3rd patch.

Been a player since CM on the Amiga. Since the incarnation of the 2d match engine in CM3 to now though, I have learned that it is best to wait until the first patch fixes all the bugs before buying the game.

I got pretty fed up starting games only for them to be bug ridden and for me needing to restart with the new patch a month or two later.

still playing fm09 and loving it. i did go back to fm07 last month but it seemed so dated, so i took the sad decision to uninstall it.

fm09 runs smooth as a nut on my pc (intel quad core, 4gb ram & hd4850 512mb graphics card).

i love the fact there are loads of different skins to download for fm09 and its still very very playable. i haven't got bored with it because i don't choose the big teams with shed loads of money. that can make it too easy to buy all the good players.

currently with preston in the championship.

for some reason i just can't get into the fm10 demo. (even though ive pre-ordered the full version). its got a poor layout, a bland dark skin, the light skin is too bright, its almost as if si games have 'kiddified' the game to appeal to younger players (i'm 42 and yes i can be grumpy).

those of us who have grown up with fm over the years are already hooked, so we will buy every version anyway, but i think this new layout is to appeal to more younger players - in others to get them hooked on the game for years to come.

i will patiently wait for new skins and patches, these may help me enjoy fm10 more than i do at the moment.

Archived