Sega are taking the P*** out of me

I tell them my incident having lost the booklet with activation key on. They tell me if i send a copy of the game and reciept to them they'll issue me with another. I'v sent them several images, all of which HAVE to be under 5000kb or they wont accept them. This makes the quality very poor.

There telling me the images aren't good enough as they can't read it. It is clear to see, as you know your looking to see if it says Football manager 2009, it clearly does.

Attached is the images i have sent them.

Anyone got any suggestions of how i can improve qualtiy whilest image being below 500kb?

pict00021.jpg

Have used a camera as don't have scanner.

Resizing it makes the quality worse.

Yeh, went through Sega, they told me either a copy of the game AND reciept OR A copy of game AND the ticket number used when making the investigation to Sega. I'v gone out of my way to do the harder of the two yet they're still not willing to budge. Doesn't Look good for me purchasing 2010.

TBF you can see the disk easily, but the reciept is a bit less legible. Maybe send in a zoomed in pic of the receipt.

You are still in the right though.

Each picture i take is about 900kb, so to make it smaller, i have to crop it. Cropping it then enlarges the rest of the image, making it less clear. If anyone knows anything about how to do it, i'd be more than gratful if you could help.

Each picture i take is about 900kb, so to make it smaller, i have to crop it. Cropping it then enlarges the rest of the image, making it less clear. If anyone knows anything about how to do it, i'd be more than gratful if you could help.

Dude, you are doing something seriously wrong, and to be fair to SEGA if I got that image I'd think you were up to no good as well.

What software are you using that forces the image to resize when you crop it?

Here is a photo I have just taken of my 08 cd on a box with some text on it. This was taken with my crappy 1.3mp phone camera, and it comes in at under 100kb!

08cd.jpg

You can see everything in the picture clearly and you can easily read the TINY text on the box too.

To be clear I'm not having a pop at you, I think it's unfair of SEGA to penalise you for your lack of Photoshop skillz, but on the other hand your image is rubbish and you can't read the receipt at all...

EDIT: Just download your image and it's at 180dpi - reduce it to 72 and you will reduce the filesize considerably - you may then be able to get a better quality shot in under 500kb. I just did it and re-saved it and it came in at 75kb. Even at lossless JPG settngs, it was only 320kb.

What about:

1. Open it up in paint

2. Hit Ctrl+A at same time

3. Right click the image which should now be selected

4. Click Resize/Skew

5. If u put in 50 in both resize boxes the image will be reduced by 1/2(so 75 in both would make it 3/4 the size) and won't get distorted and click Ok

6. MAke sure you get rid of the blank space around it by unclicking the selection and bringing the page size in with the little blue dots in the corner of the page!

7. Then go file>save as..... then make sure you save the file in the jpeg format.

8. hopefully it should be smaller in size but the quality shouldn't be affected too much!

Hope that works!

PGB

To be honest I have some sympathy with you as it's an unfortunate situation and you appear to have the stuff you're being asked to show, but I'm sure you can appreciate why we need to make sure we don't just hand out replacement codes to anyone that asks - and that image is very poor quality....it's not even in focus?

Reducing the resolution on your camera or the DPI on your image shouldn't be that tough and if the image is still large, you can try zipping it.

I tell them my incident having lost the booklet with activation key on. They tell me if i send a copy of the game and reciept to them they'll issue me with another. I'v sent them several images, all of which HAVE to be under 5000kb or they wont accept them. This makes the quality very poor.

There telling me the images aren't good enough as they can't read it. It is clear to see, as you know your looking to see if it says Football manager 2009, it clearly does.

Attached is the images i have sent them.

Anyone got any suggestions of how i can improve qualtiy whilest image being below 500kb?

pict00021.jpg

Who printed your photo..., the same people who printed the activation codes in the manual? LOL :-)

FiiRE;3947542']I see SI's point tbh.

As in they're not involved and have no point? I can see that too!

FiiRE;3947542'] But it looks clear enough to me as said go to the library and scan it or borrow a camera from a mate?

Tbh the ticket is totally unreadable. He might as well have stolen the game and put a ticket of fm 2005 next to it (which I'm not saying he did).

One thing I don't think anybody has mentioned... how from just an image are Sega to know if that is his copy of the game and receipt, or somebody he knows?

It"s an activation code he wants. While it's illegal you can actually share the code anyway as you can install it on 5 different computers.

dude you can get a decent looking Jpeg under 500kb easy. You are doing something really wrong. you ask me just lookslike the cameras abit pooh. Its not focused or anything. And all they ask is a picture and reciept so they are not taking the P*ss at all :)

Archived