** Tylerbode's Head start on FM10 **

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

been using the formation for a few matches - started off very well for 3 games, now I haven't won in 5 matches.. Eagle formation.. i think I m playing the right players (for what I have).. any feedback?

I'm not a great tactician but here are a few hints :

Play Richards!! instead of Dunne and set him to "challenge keeper" on corners. Make sure you have corner inswinging.

Kompany is not a Midfielder, plus he's very inconsistant. Since you have a really defensive midfield, you can play ron.e's tweaked version (with De Jong DMC). Try to get someone more offensive to replace Kompany (Toulalan, Veloso, Barreto).

I'm unsure the tactic works well with a right-footed left winger. Try Sturridge or Petrov there (or buy someone).

Make sure you retrain your players for the positions they are playing.

can someone please explain the Main attributes for each position on the OP what does (/ = and OR) mean?

does it mean that they aren’t essential the ones with a / ? thanks!

Wonderkid,

The / just means the player can have either both of the attributes or just one... for example it says when it says a centre back needs jumping/heading, it's saying having both of those attributes is great but can make do with a high number in just one as well... basically it means jumping and/or heading

Hey guys,

This is from Knap's thread and I've found it to be the most insightful and useful team talks information out there... basically it follows a principle that like everything else, there's no hard and fast way to success, you've got to analyse the situation and react accordingly... anyway it's been a big help for me...

"Pre-Match

We can win this = This will be a tight match, but if we play to the best of our ability we can win this

Wish luck = I think we'll struggle here, but with some luck we might get something out of the game, so good luck boys

I expect a win = We are by far and away the better side so I expect us to get all three points

For the fans = A good professional job should bring us the three points, so go out and give the fans their money's worth

No pressure = We have next to no chance here, so go out and do the best you can.

Result will come = We are far and away the superior side so as long as you play in the manner you are capable, we'll win this.

Half-Time

Encourage = We've played well, but with a little more effort we can make sure of the result

Pleased = You've done far better than expected. Well done boys and keep it up.

Delighted = Unbelievable performance. Beyond my wildest dreams.

No team talk = You've done about as well as expected

For the fans = Keep it professional and get the result

Disappointed = You aren't playing well. Sort it out.

Angry = Totally unacceptable performance. Pull your fingers out or else

Don't let your performance drop = You haven't played well but are leading. Make sure they don't get back into this

These are supplemented by a few slightly different options that mean almost the same thing, but appear in different scenarios:

We can win this = With a little more effort and luck, we can grab a win here

See more from you = You are losing because you aren't putting enough effort in

Get a result = You have put next to no effort in and deserve to be losing. However, this is no excuse and I expect a big performance second half.

Unlucky not to be winning = You have played far better than I expected and should be leading. Keep it up and we can win this.

Don't get complacent = You are winning, but not putting enough effort in. I want you to work harder this half

You can then use the individual team talks to cover players who are doing far better/worse than the team average.

To know what to say, you have to look at the context of the match, the make up of your squad and its relationship with you, your own reputation, morale and motivation feedback and individual player performances. A raw and ungelled squad will often need different feedback than a match hardened bunch that have played together for years. Being 2-0 up at home to West Brom is far different than being 2-0 away at the Arsenal, and should be treated so. Telling a determined squad to be professional or buck their ideas up will work, whereas telling a more flaky one will backfire, with greater degrees of encouragement being required." - Quoted from Knap

i found that tylerbode had changed some of the "Main attributes for each position"

for example, pace change to acceleration.

but my experience is pace is more important compare to acceleration, as winger, if your acceleration is high but low pace, you cannot pass through the defender that have high pace but low acceleration.

that my view, thanks

I'm playing with Manchesteher City. Does well in all the cups, but not i PL. Using the tweaked version of eagle. Finished 5th in PL the first season. Using this team:

Given

Richards Jagielka Sakho Bale

Miguel Veloso

Ireland Hernanes

Obasi Robinho

Marquinos

Is this a good team? Who should i sell?

ive asked two times now with no response, so hopefully i will be third time lucky :)

using the V6 piranha, i play bad away from home, and when i lower menality by 4 and DL by 2 my assisant tells me the strikers are too far from the midfield. what do i do to solve this?

ive asked two times now with no response, so hopefully i will be third time lucky :)

using the V6 piranha, i play bad away from home, and when i lower menality by 4 and DL by 2 my assisant tells me the strikers are too far from the midfield. what do i do to solve this?

I'll answer you. I do nothing away from home. And the few times I lowered mentality I played weel, no matter what the ass man said. You can either see how it goes with the mentality notched; try to use V6 without tweaks, and risk it; or use the new eagle, for it is better away from home.

I'll answer you. I do nothing away from home. And the few times I lowered mentality I played weel, no matter what the ass man said. You can either see how it goes with the mentality notched; try to use V6 without tweaks, and risk it; or use the new eagle, for it is better away from home.

Are you also lowering your striker's mentality to match the decrease in overall mentality? They have a seperate setting so if you decrease overall mentality by four you'll need to decrease the striker's mentality by four as well... then you shouldn't get a big gap between strikers and midfield... but you probably don't need to decrease by four I feel I either... try two or three...

I was top of the league with norwich using pirhana and started using eagle away- i started losing away from home and playing badly with it. this had a knock on effect on my home form and i started losing at home as well.

switched back to using pirhana home and away and the team are playing well again and i have regained top spot for now.

So i wouldnt recommend introducing eagle mid season if your team has a good balance and rythm with piranah. anyone had similar experiences??

Hi all, sorry if this is the wrong place, just need a little help with the training schedule from the op.

I've downloaded it and saved it into the "schedule" folder but when i go to import it in the game it wasnt there, i noticed that the training file was .rar so ive changed it to a .tsh file. It now appears but when i try to import it i get an error saying that the game cannot import the file. Any help is much appreciated!

You've done it wrong. A .rar is compressed archive, like a .zip file. Rename the file back to .rar, or re-download it. Then download and install 7-zip (http://www.7-zip.org/). Extract the .rar, and you should get some .tsh files, which you will then be able to import.

YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssS

Ive finally won the premiership with Newcastle after 5 seasons (would have won it sooner if it wasnt for those pesky Gooners),,in the same season i won the the community shield,,,the league cup,,,and runners up in Fa cup and Champ lge,,,,the team have really got used to V6 now ( the only tweak i make is when i see my team are having more shots off target i switch tactics to V5,,i tend to see better results with this formula as when i have a lot of shots off target i tend to lose if i dont switch tactics)

2013/14 Newcastle Team:

Akinfeev

Rafinha, Taylor, N'koulou, Enrique

Pilar, Diakite, Veloso, Reyes

Rossi, Vela

Guest jk3636

hi sorry i this is stupid but can someone please explain how i get the training schedule on to my game? ive had the tactic working for about half a season with v mixed results.

cheers.

The 'Eagle' tactic is almost complete. It will be available for everyone to use over the holiday weekend.

Will the eagle tactic be 4-3-2-1 formation or have you reverted back to 4-4-2? I'm asking because i've got too many strikers in my squad so i'm forced to go back to piranha to keep my squad happy. If it is the 4-3-2-1 formation do you think i should just play that formation no matter how many strikers i have? Thanks

Will the eagle tactic be 4-3-2-1 formation or have you reverted back to 4-4-2? I'm asking because i've got too many strikers in my squad so i'm forced to go back to piranha to keep my squad happy. If it is the 4-3-2-1 formation do you think i should just play that formation no matter how many strikers i have? Thanks

Eagle will be 4-3-2-1.

I would just like to say that v6 Piranha is still the best out there.

Am using it in my long term Liverpool game, and it was getting a bit easy with the like of players like Messi, Aguero, Marquinhos, Gerrard and Torres.

Have just started a new randomised game and was given Southampton; once the team got used to the tactic, about 10 games ish, we finished the season 3rd and won promotion via the play-offs. Have not had the chance or even the need to try the eagle tactic yet, although i may do this first season in the premier league obviously.

KUGW Tylerbode:thup:

I've closely been following this thread especially the comments on Piranha tactic. I've been reading how fantastic people were finding the tactic and all the rest, however i was really struggling to get this to work with several teams. I've tried various teams in various leagues in various continents. Not to mention a variety of tactics. I was finding FM2009 a real hard nut to crack.

Come last night, in year 2011 with Lokomotiv Moscow everything seemed to click. I won 7-0 away from home against Tom in Russian league and the run began. Win after win which resulted in a 5-1 mauling of Milan in champions league. My team is far from brilliant as well, especially with the maximum 5 foreigners rule.

Have to say this is not just a lucky run due to high morale. I'm well into 2012 now and im still performing fantastically well. I'm finally enjoying FM again. Big thumbs up to Piranha!!

thanks tyler for the inspiring tactics.i have tried piranha for 5 games and although its still early to say,it seems like a good tactic.i have got the best result of the season againt plymouth (a 6-0 win) and so pleased with how team played and dominated the game.however tactic in OP seems to have same settings for both strikers.both have rare FWR and hold up ball.i thought left one supposed to be deeper striker.so i made changes for the right stiker with mix FWR and no hold up ball.and it seemed to work.so rare FWR for both strikers is how piranha should be or left and right ST must have different settings?:confused:

Hi all, first of all a huge thank you to Tylerbode for all his work and advice on tactics, it's the only reason I keep playing FM as I only really play it as a pick up and play game.

I've been using a variety of his tactics for some time now but have settled down with the Eagle (RHWax tweaked version) and swith to Piranha V6 if I need to chase the game.

Into season 4 now, Just got Leeds promoted to the Premier League with the following team:

Gk - Kieron Westwood

RB - Kerrea Gilbert (Onouha arriving in the summer)

LB - Sheehan (Grosso and Pedro arriving in the summer)

CB - Miles Addison

CB - Mark Beevers (only got Matthew Bates as a sub so need to invest/loan a back up)

DMC - Zuculini, Plessis as back up

RCM - Mads Albaek (turns out quality but will need another CM back up)

LCM - Fabian Delph

AML - Guzman / Mads Laudrup

AMR - Mads Laudrup (and a variety of loans over 3 seasons) (Aaron Lennon and Alex Teixeira signed for next season)

ST - Saivet (Fagerberg as back up)

I've romped home with the CCchampionship this year conceding very few goals, although I've scraped q lot of 1-0's as well, Saivet has been superb, scoring 30 goals - now I've never ever had a formation which has allowed him to score as freely as this so I'm going to stick with this formation. Squad still needs a bit of work but I think ots importnat to stick with this formation, I was playing Fagerberg up front and Saivet AMR but the goals dried up and Saivet has been on fire this season, I also reached the SF of League Cup, held Chelsea 1-1 at home but got thrashed away so the Eagle (tweaked) formation really has potential if you stick with it.

Hi all, first of all a huge thank you to Tylerbode for all his work and advice on tactics, it's the only reason I keep playing FM as I only really play it as a pick up and play game.

I've been using a variety of his tactics for some time now but have settled down with the Eagle (RHWax tweaked version) and swith to Piranha V6 if I need to chase the game.

Into season 4 now, Just got Leeds promoted to the Premier League with the following team:

Gk - Kieron Westwood

RB - Kerrea Gilbert (Onouha arriving in the summer)

LB - Sheehan (Grosso and Pedro arriving in the summer)

CB - Miles Addison

CB - Mark Beevers (only got Matthew Bates as a sub so need to invest/loan a back up)

DMC - Zuculini, Plessis as back up

RCM - Mads Albaek (turns out quality but will need another CM back up)

LCM - Fabian Delph

AML - Guzman / Mads Laudrup

AMR - Mads Laudrup (and a variety of loans over 3 seasons) (Aaron Lennon and Alex Teixeira signed for next season)

ST - Saivet (Fagerberg as back up)

I've romped home with the CCchampionship this year conceding very few goals, although I've scraped q lot of 1-0's as well, Saivet has been superb, scoring 30 goals - now I've never ever had a formation which has allowed him to score as freely as this so I'm going to stick with this formation. Squad still needs a bit of work but I think ots importnat to stick with this formation, I was playing Fagerberg up front and Saivet AMR but the goals dried up and Saivet has been on fire this season, I also reached the SF of League Cup, held Chelsea 1-1 at home but got thrashed away so the Eagle (tweaked) formation really has potential if you stick with it.

Nice! Can you please give a link or maybe reupload "RHWax"-version? Do you use the same team talks as in the OP?

Best regards

I posted a couple of pages back about how I had no success with V6. I found my 2 biggest problems was not buying into the tactic and patience.

Buy players with the necessary traits, this is by far the most important thing. Depending on the quality of play the attributes you're looking for will range from 10 to 20. In the higher leagues I go for 15-20 but I'm flexible. If say my winger I'm looking at has 18 acceleration and 13 balance, I'm still interested. In fact I tend to prefer that instead of someone with 15 all around. I find some attributes are more important than others and I'm sure that varies depending on the taste of the manager.

Once you get your team which doesn't have to be the best (far from it actually) you need to settle down let them gel. I had a core team for awhile, swapping out players who are tired every game but keeping a strong core. This I found consistent domination with where as my first team I built around depth was still successful, it wasn't as consistent.

After using my own tactic to take Hyde United to the Championship from BSN, I stagnated for a couple years until I ran into this tactic (V6) and got it down pat, winning the League Cup and taking the Championship. My next year in the EPL I finished 9th won the LC again. Now that the EPL have filled my coffers I have splashed some cash (5 million pounds for a player) and have a solid team that will only get better with I hope a chance to teach the players the preferred move.

The tactic doesn't look pretty but it isn't ugly. While my right DC knock them in on corners occasionally, my strikers are still the leading scorers - but by all means they are not banging them in left and right.

2010/11 season with Wolves, using the V6 Piranha at home and the modified Eagle away.

Guys, I've got the biggest tip for it. Get your centre-mids to have decent-to-good finishing. My centre mids - Mascio, Delph, Park Ji-Sung and Feghouli - are dominating my goalscoring. I'm 10 matches in and Kightly has 10 assists for the season, Mascio has six and Park Ji-Sung has five goals. My striker doesn't necessarily score many - but my mids rifle 'em in. And these are all guys with relatively low finishing - Park Ji-Sung has the highest at 15. Feghouli has 9, Delph 11. And they all score.

tyler,

will the new 4-2-3-1 need a strong striker or a fast striker?

also just a thought, when playing against a 4-4-2, using a 4-2-3-1, you will have to deal with the MR/L using heavy OIs?

:D

i must admit i've settled into the red hot wax tactic too it's awesome got promoted first season with huddersfield seconde season 9 points clear at top just after january it's awsome

Ok, i'm gonna try redhotwax's edit of the EAGLE :)

Sure, this is the modified tactic.

Download tactic here

I've changed the middle MC to DMC with barrow. Also, his closing down is on 'Own Half'.

Adding to that, freekicks are aimed at 'Best header' and Throw-ins are taken 'Short'.

Your right CB is set to 'Attack goalkeeper' at corners, make sure he is a tall player with good headers.

Apart from these changes, I take NO credit whatsoever for this tactic, it is simply a modification to Tyler's beta Eagle which worked really well for me.

Here it is Corkey :)

I love it.

First game I used it was a Cup Final second leg vs Cruzeiro and 1-0 down on aggregate, won 2-0 away.

I used the Eagle one too, lol.

Brilliant, thanks.

Although it might've just been luck. They missed everything and I scored a penalty and header from corner, lol. But thanks. :D

I love it.

First game I used it was a Cup Final second leg vs Cruzeiro and 1-0 down on aggregate, won 2-0 away.

I used the Eagle one too, lol.

Brilliant, thanks.

Although it might've just been luck. They missed everything and I scored a penalty and header from corner, lol. But thanks. :D

I never played in Brazil, is your team São Paulo?

Btw, lol, what do you think of Ramires? Newest player of my team, Benfica. And another brazilian player called Patric.

I created my own team, lol.

Replaced Ipatinga.

Ramires always whoops me. :(

His stats don't attract me but he always seems to play very well.

I look at the Internacional thread in the Good Players and Teams whatsit forum and I think he's highly rated there.

I signed Ramires for my Inter team when he had reached 30 - he cost me £15m - for 3 seasons he was my best player - dominated the midfield and got loads of goals - a great buy and perfect for the V6 Piranha.

**** off ur tactic is ****

Amazing post my friend!

I've tried Tyler's tactic since he sorted them for 09 and for me they've been brilliant!

The V4 was excellent - but as soon as you get the V6 Piranha going it's unsurpassed! I've not used the Eagle - because I've not needed to change from the V6 Piranha.

I've won 7 league titles in 2 different countries and 3 Champions League trophies with 2 teams - all with the V6 - so I don't think you can say that his tactic's are rubbish!

The fact that you haven't included any substance to your post probably actually encourages others to use this tactic - because you are not going to convince anyone who knows a little bit about playing FM that these tactics are rubbish with a statement like yours!

I now expect some form of profanity from you in response to my post but I already think you've done yourself up like a kipper and would now be using a little bit of common sense if you'd quietly go away.

Thank you.