** Tylerbode's Head start on FM10 **

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi i am still here and still rotating between V6 and eagle in my second season with city. I am nearing the end of the season and i am still unbeaten in all matches. I currently have a 20 points difference with arsenal who are 2nd in the league.I won the league cup and i am in the quarter finals of the ECC and semi finals in the FA cup. I could well win the quadruple this year, i'l post screenshots when the season ends.

hi guys usining the eagle tactic and have just started friendlies and inter toto cup with aston villa with great effect so far. only problem i seem to be having is injuries, im using the training schedules from the v6. im thinking of decreasing the intensity of the training to lessen the chances of injury but will this have any major effect on the tactics/ performances?

hi guys usining the eagle tactic and have just started friendlies and inter toto cup with aston villa with great effect so far. only problem i seem to be having is injuries, im using the training schedules from the v6. im thinking of decreasing the intensity of the training to lessen the chances of injury but will this have any major effect on the tactics/ performances?

I would strongly suggest you decrease the intensity of training even though i've done that and yet i still get a least 2 players either coming off or carrying knocks at the end of each game. I just don't know what to do. I might be a case of decreasing really low due to having so many games per season. I don't know.

I would strongly suggest you decrease the intensity of training even though i've done that and yet i still get a least 2 players either coming off or carrying knocks at the end of each game. I just don't know what to do. I might be a case of decreasing really low due to having so many games per season. I don't know.

Well intensity of training really doesent have any effect on injuries what so ever unless you are going to very heavy intensity. Then you would get more injuries as a result of training.

But injuries while in a match are unavoidable, they only happen depending on the players injury proness i gues. Mostly as a result of other players challenges and tackles and if you are playing in bad weather conditions the chances are even higher of injuries. End of season players tend to get injured even more.

Cheers for the response guys

I got like 2/3 per match 1st 3 matches (each big players) at 3/4 weeks each. Have decreased the intensity of the training and have not had any injuries in past 2 matches. Will keep you posted on how things go with both tactic and more importantly injuries when ive played a few games into the league as ive only played 5 games so far, 3 of which were freindlies and 2 were euro vase against minnows.

Update and progress soon............

Decided to give 'eagle' a go, because I haven't really tried anyone elses tactics for FM09. I'm trying with Liverpool, having reached the start of March just 1 point behind United. Reason I'm trying something different is I think my two self-made tactics (a 442 at home, and a 4231 counter attack away) had been found out. I'd beaten United 1-0 at the start of February, but drawn with Villa and West Ham since making few clear cut chances.

Anyway, what better way to test the tactic out than the League Cup final- against United! And the results are remarkably impressive. Fernando Torres, who had a very nice return of 23 in 32 before this... decided to smash 4 goals in, and I won 4-2. That's the second time in the season I'd scored 4 goals since beaten Spartak Moscow in the Champions League, having had many more 1/2 nil wins before that. The pace seemed to be a lot more frenzied than I'd been used to in previous games, but it did seem to be an entertaining game!

Anyway, I'll keep with it because 4-2 in a cup final is a great start. All I need now is to turn over that 1 point that United have over me in the league!

I'm really getting frustrated over the away performances - still. I'm using Eagle Tester with the DMC tweak. The results just vary so f***ing much! Let's take my last two games:

At HOME versus ManU - I absolutely annihilate them 4-1! What a god damn result considering I'm at my 2nd season at Prem and they were big favourites for that.

Then the next game: AWAY against Tottenham. My squad the same. Result? I end up LOSING 1-4 this time! Fantastic.

Edit: And next game I lost to Wigan - surprize surprize the match was an away match. They completely dominated in that match - in the first half I didn't get a single ****ing shot. I was a huge favourites, but no, because it's a magical away match my players just turn into a lot worse.

I have the same problem as you!

Playing with Aston Villa:

Hulk/Pandev

A. Young/M.Fernandez-Axel Witsel/Ilsinho

Barry-Senna

Veloso

Molinaro-Cuellar-Zapata-Pedro Lopez

Kameni

Not only that I'm loosing away or just draw against poor teams away, I can loose at home too against midtable-teams like everton (0-2)... This is in the 2nd season so i think this tactic should have gelled about now....

Please help me... this is extremely annoying...

Edit: Using the modified Eagle tactic (RedHotWax's version)...

Sorry for the earlier post, just emmense frustration, and as fellow fm players i hope you can understand this.

I just can't buy a win, anywhere, using anything. I have a good team, they just dont win games. And i'ts not cause im not patient with tactics, cause i am. Nothing seems to work. Ah well, i give up.

Did I see a post from Tylerbode that the Eagle final version would be available this bank holiday? Just checking, as a Palace man just feels right...

What is Bank Holiday. When is it supposed to happen? (I'm just an ignorant Frenchman impatiently waiting for this new tactic to be released!)

Did you use the same tactics for 3 years?! Any away adjustment? Good on you!!!

This is to prove that this set of tactics are simply fantastic:

Team:

squad.jpg

End of season table, 3rd season:

proud.jpg

A game that went to my heart:))demmo.jpg

cipriang80: Do you use the team talk as described in the OP? I find this tactic to be brilliant, but my problem is having 2 good halfs in the same game. Either i have a bad first half or a bad second half. Morale is superb so i suspect that team talk is my big issue. Players tend to get complacent.

And when i see you and Tyler Bode play a whole season without deafeats i just cant understand how ;) Cause i cant see it happening on any of my games. The tactic is there, i have the players to do it, but i feel im unable to master the team talk, no matter what i have tried :-/

Edit2: Just played a match in CL with Juventus at home in 2016. And i got a perfect example of what im struggeling with when it comes to team talk. No team talk pre match and i play a brilliant first half and im up 3-0 at half time. I follow the OP and go with no team talk at half time and what usually happens, happens again. At. Madrid start their comeback straight away. I get a lucky corner goal before At. Madrid keeps going. At full time i have won 4-3 and was lucky to end up with 3 points. This happens a bit too often for me :-/

I'm using Eagle (redhotwax's edit) with Trofense, Portuguese premier, and it's disappointing, 10 games, 1win, 3draws. Ok, maybe it's the worst team of the championship, but it isn't working for me.

Have made any new signings? Try V6. I've tried it once, without new signings. But the best I got was a 13th place. Even in the game Trofense as the worse team in the league. You need new players that fit the attributes required. Get a few decent players and try using V6. Eagle is a little better in away matches, but not with Trofense. For some reason they were relegated.lol

Have made any new signings? Try V6. I've tried it once, without new signings. But the best I got was a 13th place. Even in the game Trofense as the worse team in the league. You need new players that fit the attributes required. Get a few decent players and try using V6. Eagle is a little better in away matches, but not with Trofense. For some reason they were relegated.lol

I've bought some new players, but i've no money for transfers, hard work. I'm gonna try v6 and then i'll post the results, thanks :)

I've bought some new players, but i've no money for transfers, hard work. I'm gonna try v6 and then i'll post the results, thanks :)

Whatever you do, stick with the tactic. I started using V6 with palace in the championship and it took 29 games for it all to click. I then changed to the eagle and i haven't looked back. I have to admit i have been tempted to go back to version 6 but i find the eagle is just so much better for my team home and away. And it's only the beta version!! You have to be patient because once it clicks it is superb. If you are a average team with average squad then i would stick with the eagle tactic home and away. I am sure it will work. Just give it time!!!!

Whatever you do, stick with the tactic. I started using V6 with palace in the championship and it took 29 games for it all to click. I then changed to the eagle and i haven't looked back. I have to admit i have been tempted to go back to version 6 but i find the eagle is just so much better for my team home and away. And it's only the beta version!! You have to be patient because once it clicks it is superb. If you are a average team with average squad then i would stick with the eagle tactic home and away. I am sure it will work. Just give it time!!!!

Ok ron.e thanks for the advice, i'm gonna try to sign some new players in January :)

Cheers

Yeah. Patience is another attribute to use with this tactics.lol You really need time. And I'm not talking about ten matches, no. It took me 4 seasons to have decent results. You need to stick to it.

Yeah. Patience is another attribute to use with this tactics.lol You really need time. And I'm not talking about ten matches, no. It took me 4 seasons to have decent results. You need to stick to it.

bs only took me like 5 games and i could already see the difference, once understanding in the team is at a top level any good tactic would work in like 2-3 matches providing that you have quality players. And even then, i signed 11 players in my 1st season with city and still the tactic produced results and only got better because the team was getting to know eichother better.I won the title and uefa that season and in my second season things are going almost perfect, still 10 matches to go and i won the title already and league cup, still playing fa cup and ECC. In the team report it sais understanding between the players couldend be any higher. No wonder because i kept most players from my 1st season anyway. If it took you 4 seasons to have decent results then your probably doing something wrong.

Thanks Ron.

However really, if you are having a bad game, do you change the tempo to slower and time wasting higher?! Anyway to control the game better?!

Did you use the same tactics for 3 years?! Any away adjustment? Good on you!!!

For the first season i used my set of tactics and finished on 2nd, long way from the first place.

Second season i started using v6 piranha and finished second with 96 points i think.

Third season i finished 1 using piranha at home and eagle away. At home i destroyed everybody, with 3-0 wins against inter, AC Milan and an amazing 5-2 against Manchester.

When playing at home against weak teams i would reduce the time wasting to 2 or 3. Against top teams i'd leave it at 10. ALWAYS WATCH THE MATCH STATS. AS SOON AS THE OPPOSITION GETS AN ADVANTAGE OVER YOU ( possession, CCC) CLOSE THE SHOP. Reduce the mentality and the tempo with 3 notches-as the OP asks. It worked perfect for me.

When away, i used Eagle with the DMC tweak. I soon as i would get a lead of 2 goals i'd switch to 4-1-4-1, with the AML and AMR going to ML and MR positions. Proved to be working perfect defensively and attack wise. Only conceded 7 goals in the first 29 games in the Serie A, CL, Super Cup, and Italian Cup.

PS: When using Piranha i always use an attack minded, creative and fast player ( ex: Buenanotte) and a MCD. I know the OP says that u have to have 2 MC with high stats in defending but it worked for me, with Bueananotte beeing my best player.

ALL THE CREDITS GO TO TB. I only did minor tweaks and obeyed the OP.

cipriang80: Do you use the team talk as described in the OP? I find this tactic to be brilliant, but my problem is having 2 good halfs in the same game. Either i have a bad first half or a bad second half. Morale is superb so i suspect that team talk is my big issue. Players tend to get complacent.

I always use the Team Talks as the OP advises. The thing is that Napoli has 24 arch rivals and rivals, so "FOR THE FANS" works very well.))

Just started using the eagle tactic with AC Milan in the first season, doing great so far 8 wins and a draw. Ronaldinho is amazing at AML with this tactic. He has 10 goals and 3 assists in 10 matches so far. Kaka hasn't really been completely fit yet either. Only problem with it, is that Pato isn't scoring a ton, but is assisting plenty, so I can't complain.

Been playing the eagle (RHW tweak) with Zaragoza for 1½ season. Gained promotion in the first season. Then invested heavily in midfield and attack. Currently lying in 4th place with 12 games to go. Still in the cup - 1st leg of semifinal ended with a 1-0 win against Deportivo at home.

I have signed Asenjo for next season and if I can sign a topnotch DC I should be ready to compete for the title.

I do some tweaks along the way that really seem to be working well. First of all I play Feghouli as McL and I have increased his creative freedom - he's playing very, very well which is a bit of a surprise since I've had him on earlier saves where he didn't really play well.

Team talks: I do as the OP says after 90 minutes, but I always say something at kick-off. "For the fans" if the odds suggest that I should be winning, "you can win" if slight underdog or low team morale away, "wish luck" for games you shouldn't have much of a chance winning - and here is what I think is a good trick: NEVER REPEAT YOURSELF AT HALFTIME. Instead, "nothing" if things go about as you'd expected, "disappointed" if playing poorly (a lot of players have a rating of 6.6 or lower/only one or two players have 7.0 or higher. If two players have 7.4 for example and we weren't behind I would still go with "nothing" though). "Pleased" is fine if you're up by two or more. You should not close up shop before the 70th minute in my experience though. If you started the game saying "you can win tonight" and you're one goal up at half-time and it's all feeling a bit frail then go for "encouragement". I would be very careful using the "complacent" option since I haven't found the correct way to use it yet.

Defending a lead: Remove forward runs from full backs and set to cross from deep. Be careful with subs - don't change three at the same time. Only change players with a low rating or low condition if your winning by a small margin.

Players returning from injury should come on as substitutes. Don't use them as starters before they have been eased back into the team. Unless someone consistently underperforms DON'T make changes to your starting line-up - it will break your rythm. Change as few players as possible from game to game - preferably only change starting 11 if injuries dictate it. Exception: You should play more youngsters and reserves in the cup (mostly the first rounds) and/or after a hard european game. This works for me, hope it'll work for those of you that are still battling a little with consistency.

im using the tweaked version ,

i must admit it is very solid , my only problem is the stiker doesnt score , he seenms to run all over the pitch

also my top goalscorer is my centre back

soooo , thats just not realistic and will get boring ????

im using the tweaked version ,

i must admit it is very solid , my only problem is the stiker doesnt score , he seenms to run all over the pitch

also my top goalscorer is my centre back

soooo , thats just not realistic and will get boring ????

Try using different strikers - I've found that confidence/morale is so important and if my striker is not scoring I'll play a different striker for a few games, that often works.

Also how good is your striker and is he small/nippy or tall/target man - switching between these may help depending upon your opponent

I'm using Eagle (redhotwax's edit) with Trofense, Portuguese premier, and it's disappointing, 10 games, 1win, 3draws. Ok, maybe it's the worst team of the championship, but it isn't working for me.

Update:

I stopped using redhotwax edit and started using the original one, still in relegation zone (15th) but I'm starting to win some games :)

question, do you guys use tyler's eagle tactic in all games or just home/away?

and 1 more question, when exactly you guys change the home/away tactic? in the normal tactic screen or in the pre-match team talk setting (where you set the OIs and so on...)?

I have the same problem as you!

Playing with Aston Villa:

Hulk/Pandev

A. Young/M.Fernandez-Axel Witsel/Ilsinho

Barry-Senna

Veloso

Molinaro-Cuellar-Zapata-Pedro Lopez

Kameni

Not only that I'm loosing away or just draw against poor teams away, I can loose at home too against midtable-teams like everton (0-2)... This is in the 2nd season so i think this tactic should have gelled about now....

Please help me... this is extremely annoying...

Edit: Using the modified Eagle tactic (RedHotWax's version)...

Update:

After my last post things have started to go in the right direction.

Undefeated in 24 games (22 wins, 2 draw, Goals:62 Against:13 +49)

Sold Ashley Young for €34 Million and bought Balotelli as a AMR....

My leagueposition is much better now. 5th place only 8p up to Chelski with one match less than the top 4 (chelsi, l'pool, manutd and mancity)....

villax.jpg

Just wondering does everyone use the smallest pitch size (in width and length) thats available? as i carried on with an old save and used Piranha V6 but the pitch size was set to the largest (in width and length) and i never lost a game out of the 10 i played at home (9 wins and 1 draw)

Just wondering does everyone use the smallest pitch size (in width and length) thats available? as i carried on with an old save and used Piranha V6 but the pitch size was set to the largest (in width and length) and i never lost a game out of the 10 i played at home (9 wins and 1 draw)

I use the smallest pitch size available. 100x64 meters.

hi,how to defence last 10 mins if lead 1 goal?

any Tactic you create for that?

Hey Marxx, Whenever the opposition put four men up front, I always set time wasting almost all the way up and the same for closing down. Always works for me, and sometimes I even score another goal.