** Tylerbode's Head start on FM10 **

Just kicking off my 3rd season with dundee united. won the treble in the first season, qaudruple in the second. tactic has done amazing but my strikers just dont do it... its all goals from corners for one defender who challenges keeper, or from my central midfield... has anyone tweaked it so the strikers were also hitting form? this tactic would be unstoppable with that sorted.

Current team is

szamatolksi

kovacevic--kenneth--o'leary--dixon (absolutely solid defence somehow...)

swanson--s robertson--scneideriin (IMMENSE)--eagles

nava-gyan

nava was my top striker last season but was only about 16 goals. ive just also bought someone called priskin, see how he gets on, and a backup keeper called bogdán.

I had some striker come through my youth ranks called stuart kerr who is 17 now and the whole of europe are after, just plain luck i guess :D

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Muscle croc- if u won the quadruple with Dundee United who cares if your striker isnt scoring!!!!!!

On Tylerbode's post on the FM Base website (for pirhanah) it said central midfielders need long shots. but i notice that in this post (at OP) it doesnt.

do CM not need long shots for eagle (or pirhana) anymore???

Muscle croc- if u won the quadruple with Dundee United who cares if your striker isnt scoring!!!!!!

On Tylerbode's post on the FM Base website (for pirhanah) it said central midfielders need long shots. but i notice that in this post (at OP) it doesnt.

do CM not need long shots for eagle (or pirhana) anymore???

It s not a must, but it helps.

I think it s more inportant to have good finishing.

Diego Buenanotte is highly recomended for midfield. Cheap and scores a lot!

Hello everybody - another update!

Season 2019/2020

Finished season with Inter as Champions and winners of Champions League.

Beaten in semi finals with Italy by England in the 2020 European Championships - I then resigned.

Halfway through season 2020/2021

Unbeaten with Inter in the league - top with a lead of 8 points.

Won the World Club Championship with Inter.

Won every match in the champions league to qualify top of my group with 18 points.

Won in the Italian Cup 1st round.

So...not one loss in any competition so far this season.

Overall in the previous 7 years:

2 League titles with Inter

1 Champions League title with Inter

1 World Club Championship with Inter

4 Premier League titles with Spurs

1 Champions League title with Spurs

2 FA Cups and 2 League Cups with Spurs (I think this is right but me game isn't loaded up at the mo - it's something like that number anway!)

Runners Up with Italy at the 2018 World Cup.

All with the V6 piranha - lovely stuff Tyler - I'm thinking of moving on from Inter if I retain the Champions League - Recreativo in Spain are a little fancy of mine for my next destination.

Just kicking off my 3rd season with dundee united. won the treble in the first season, qaudruple in the second. tactic has done amazing but my strikers just dont do it... its all goals from corners for one defender who challenges keeper, or from my central midfield... has anyone tweaked it so the strikers were also hitting form? this tactic would be unstoppable with that sorted.

Current team is

szamatolksi

kovacevic--kenneth--o'leary--dixon (absolutely solid defence somehow...)

swanson--s robertson--scneideriin (IMMENSE)--eagles

nava-gyan

nava was my top striker last season but was only about 16 goals. ive just also bought someone called priskin, see how he gets on, and a backup keeper called bogdán.

I had some striker come through my youth ranks called stuart kerr who is 17 now and the whole of europe are after, just plain luck i guess :D

Szamotulski is quality :D

i am playing so bad away from home, i'm playing as crystal palace in the premiership, i took peoples advice and lowered the mentality by 4 notches and DL by 2, but my assisant advice said the gap between the midfield and attack was too much, any adbice on how to fix that? just to tell you how bad i am playing, i have just lost 7-1 away to sunderland using this tactic, which does so well for me at home

***UPDDATE****

I'm crystal palace in 2012. I won the prem last season by 1 point from arsenal and i won the fa cup against spurs 1-0

This is my team and it's now it finally says 'group of players are willing to die for each other'

cryteam.png

and this is the league after 19 games. I can't stress enough the importance of squad gelling and everyone pulling in the same direction!!!

leaguel.png

I think this is a defensive tactic?

i used it with fulham and i only seem to play well against the poor teams?

it doesnt seem to create many chances yet is quite dolid in defence?

any help on what i ould do to create more chances and maybe win some more games?:(

I think this is a defensive tactic?

i used it with fulham and i only seem to play well against the poor teams?

it doesnt seem to create many chances yet is quite dolid in defence?

any help on what i ould do to create more chances and maybe win some more games?:(

I think you're wrong about it being a defensive tactic. The eagle i find is quite attacking. If you use two forwards in the wing position it is quite attacking. instead of MR use AMR/FC.

It depends how long you've been using it. The more the team use it the better they will be and the more chances you create and score from.

well to be fair ive only used it for a few games .. i hope it does improve cause im sitting above relegation...

its january ... i have laurito bought coming at the end of the season.. any good signings i could make for the R/L AM positions?

***UPDDATE****

I'm crystal palace in 2012. I won the prem last season by 1 point from arsenal and i won the fa cup against spurs 1-0

This is my team and it's now it finally says 'group of players are willing to die for each other'

cryteam.png

and this is the league after 19 games. I can't stress enough the importance of squad gelling and everyone pulling in the same direction!!!

leaguel.png

off topic what skn is that?

update with the 4-3-2-1. 2nd position with bursaspor from turkey. champion of spain second division using cordoba. promoted to pm with burnley. all these with mediocre team. with good team and players, definitely can become champ easily. thank you tyler for giving out the best out of these teams.

***UPDDATE****

cryteam.png

leaguel.png

Have you done any tweaks to the EAGLE tactic?

Have you done any tweaks to the EAGLE tactic?

The tactic i'm using is a tweaked version that someone uploaded onto this thread a few pages back i think. Instead of having 3 in midfield, it has the defensive one behind the two midfielders and i back arrow to help with counter attacks. Look for it. If you don't find it i will put up a link.

This is some squad for Palace, the Eagles using the Eagle tactic, it was meant to be. The Eagle has landed.

Well done on your success

Yes it is. And the good thing is, i've still got players that i first started with. Players like nathan clyne and lee hills. Although i will sell them soon if they do not improve.

should the striker have good strength as i notice hold up ball has been ticked?

does it work well if you tick counter attack?

I asked this question to tyler and he said that there is more than one way to hold the ball up, namely to dribble. I've got two strikers with strenght of 14 and they do fine.

So i've now used it in for a whole season.

Finished 5th overall, which is not very impressive.

I find that it is very inconsistent, you will batter a average team one week, then play an equal side and get batterd yourself.

Not for me im afraid.

Dude, you have a poor team and with the money you have at man city you should use it in a better way.

Richards is way better than Dunne and your defence sucks.

I would sell half of your team, apart from Robinho, Balotelli, Vagner Love, Richards, de Jong, Palombo and probably Wright-Philips, dunno to be honest.

Use the games filter to search for good players, you have the money to buy them.

wait, u re telling me to buy the best players in FM2009? is that how the tactic works? come on

I was 3rd using my own tactic so they cant be so bad.. I was thinking this tactic would get the best from my players, buying new players is not wot I m looking for

so any feedback on the actual tactic from someone with more common sense please :)

I'm not doing that great :(

Was 3rd until January with my own 4-4-2, have used the Eagle and V6 for the last 4 months and am now 6th.. record is something like 5-4-7

have put the players who all have 15+ in the attributes mentioned in OP, not really working for me

For people who are leaking goals on Piranha V6 try the following modifications:

Lower Closing Down on the two DCs to very low (5-7 ticks).

Put tight man marking on the two DCs.

Change one of the MCs to FWR rarely and put a very high Closing Down (15+ ticks).

I've made these changes as Man City, seems to make it a lot better defensively for me without suffering when attacking :thup:

playing with the tweaked version as hudderfield first season was too easy promotion with 6 games to go

second season curently top of the championship leading by 9 points at the start of january

just drew with west ham 2-2 in the fa cup after being 2-0 down.

my first team is

Brown

Holdsworth Knight Pearce Nyatanga

Bishop (regen 16 year old)

Hidalgo Cowie

Quero Brennan

Cuevas

so you can see i don't have a strong team really just good players with the right stats

great tactic

Right I have to say that Piranha is without doubt the best tactic on here. I started a Plymouth career and got promoted in my first season. Finished 12th in the Premiership then 10th. Then in the fourth season I finished 3rd and won the FA Cup.

Just finished my fifth season and won the Quadruple of Premiership, FA Cup, League Cup and Champions League!! I was shocked at the achievements of my team who were predicted to finish 7th in the Premiership and were 100/1 to win the Champions League. This tactic is incredible if you have the right team. Thank you Tyler for making me love this game again.

Right I have to say that Piranha is without doubt the best tactic on here. I started a Plymouth career and got promoted in my first season. Finished 12th in the Premiership then 10th. Then in the fourth season I finished 3rd and won the FA Cup.

Just finished my fifth season and won the Quadruple of Premiership, FA Cup, League Cup and Champions League!! I was shocked at the achievements of my team who were predicted to finish 7th in the Premiership and were 100/1 to win the Champions League. This tactic is incredible if you have the right team. Thank you Tyler for making me love this game again.

Did you use the piranha only, or you used at home and the eagle away from home.

is anyone having the same problem that whenever you come up with another team using the eagle formation you seem to get dominated? havent won a game against a team who uses the same formation yet but can beat everyone else. apart from this slight flaw, its a great tactic :)

Hi all,

been using the formation for a few matches - started off very well for 3 games, now I haven't won in 5 matches.. Eagle formation.. i think I m playing the right players (for what I have).. any feedback?

Hi,

I play sometime with Man City, using EAGLE Beta, and have quite succsses.

I think you should use other kind of players in MC R/L positions (more offensive players) : Ireland and Johnson can be alternatives.

But can byu bethers players for it, like: Modric, Cahill, Källström, J. Jenas, G. Barry.....

Hope i help you.

Cheers :)

second that :D

Did you use the piranha only, or you used at home and the eagle away from home.

I used Piranha home and away. TBH the eagle tactic does not work for me. At first, piranha was not good away from home but once you have the right team and they gel, it is pretty much unstoppable. Some amazing results away from home. I mean I won the Quadruple with Plymouth!!

Another update:

2020/21

Finished season retaining the Serie A title and the Champions League with Inter Milan. Also won the World Club Championship. Fantastic season - but a new challenge needed so...

2021/22

Resigned from Inter in the summer after 4 seasons, 3 league titles and 2 champions League titles.

Accepted position of manager of Czech Republic - 4 games left of qualifying for World Cup in 2022 with the country 3rd in the table behind England and Ireland (level on points with Ireland though).

Accepted the position of manager of Siena - perfect club for my next challenge - have never won anything of note but a decent setup and a little bit of cash to get things started.

I'm now upto start of October and I'm 6th in the league (only 1 defeat so far - with a great away win on the way at Lazio). With the Czech's I've got upto 2nd place ahead of Ireland - 2 games left for qualifying, England have the top position sewn up so I'm after the playoff spot!

Again, this is all with the V6 Piranha - great work - hopefully I can bring success to the minnows of Siena!

I used Piranha home and away. TBH the eagle tactic does not work for me. At first, piranha was not good away from home but once you have the right team and they gel, it is pretty much unstoppable. Some amazing results away from home. I mean I won the Quadruple with Plymouth!!

Have you made any tweaks to the piranha formation? and do both of your strikers have back arrows?

Have you made any tweaks to the piranha formation? and do both of your strikers have back arrows?

I've only used the V6 Piranha without any tweaks - both my strikers have back arrows.

It's been fantastic for me at Spurs and Inter (big teams, I know, but still got amazing success).

I haven't tried the Eagle because I haven't had any need to change from the V6.

wait, u re telling me to buy the best players in FM2009? is that how the tactic works? come on

I was 3rd using my own tactic so they cant be so bad.. I was thinking this tactic would get the best from my players, buying new players is not wot I m looking for

so any feedback on the actual tactic from someone with more common sense please :)

You asked why you werent getting any results and I explained it to you.

Common sense ? LOL I doubt half of your team has the skills asked in the OP.

If the tactic is for fast moves and for players that know how to touch the ball you wont get any wins using players that dont know how to do that. More common sense please.

Hi all, sorry if this is the wrong place, just need a little help with the training schedule from the op.

I've downloaded it and saved it into the "schedule" folder but when i go to import it in the game it wasnt there, i noticed that the training file was .rar so ive changed it to a .tsh file. It now appears but when i try to import it i get an error saying that the game cannot import the file. Any help is much appreciated!