[FM19] E19 - England to Level 19

4 hours ago, Dan BHTFC said:

Just a quick update, I've done down to Level 8 so far tonight and recreated the FA Trophy, tomorrow will be time to start Level 9, I will also add the leagues which will be in the database in the second post of this thread at some point too.

Did you look at doing the playoffs here or just make the league structure before tackling that beast

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Pompeyboyz said:

Thats really awesome news :applause:

Is anyone else finding the game slow? Or is it just me?

Also, Level 9 now updated, now comes the fun part of editing....

Edited by Dan BHTFC

1 hour ago, Dan BHTFC said:

I've not had too many issues with slow game.  But as I generally play with a 50-75k player db I am used to a bit of lethargy

3 hours ago, Dan BHTFC said:

I've noticed the inbox seems slower to load than in past years, but everything else seems about the same for me.

On the Steam workshop, there is a league update through level 10. At the risk of sounding unappreciative, would I lose anything by using that update instead of waiting for this one? I'm only enabling up to level 8 anyway. 

I don't really know what all gets changed and I do know that I loved your update last year. So do you know if anything will be different if I use the one available assuming I don't want to go past LV 8?

3 minutes ago, jcp1417 said:

On the Steam workshop, there is a league update through level 10. At the risk of sounding unappreciative, would I lose anything by using that update instead of waiting for this one? I'm only enabling up to level 8 anyway. 

I don't really know what all gets changed and I do know that I loved your update last year. So do you know if anything will be different if I use the one available assuming I don't want to go past LV 8?

Depends on what they've done to the file, they might not have the league boundaries set which I had to put in for levels 7 and 8, once I get 9 and 10 sorted I can then work on the FA Cup then look at maybe releasing a file. It's always best to open the database in the editor and check these things before starting a save

14 minutes ago, jcp1417 said:

There are quite a few doing down to level 8 to 10 but I think they look like low level creations without the fully accurate play offs

1 hour ago, jcp1417 said:

I seen that one too, there was a error when starting up the game, also level 10 was missing.

15 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

talking of playoffs, does anyone know the correct rules of the playoffs

From regional premiers - each division: semi-finals 2nd v 5th, 3rd v 4th then final with winners making up a pot of 4 & the 2 with the best PPG over the season going up. (So 4 division winners + 2 best PPG playoff winners go up)

From regional first divs - same format, meaning 7 winners, of whom top 5 PPG go up (So 7 division winners + 5 best PPG playoff winners go up)

Seems a bit unfair that 2 teams at each level may win playoffs but not go up - but when has that bothered the FA? Suppose they view it as a transitional step to the properly organised pyramid

Trying to work out how to model this

Edited by AhMostyn

11 minutes ago, AhMostyn said:

From regional premiers - each division: semi-finals 2nd v 5th, 3rd v 4th then final with winners making up a pot of 4 & the 2 with the best PPG over the season going up. (So 4 division winners + 2 best PPG playoff winners go up)

From regional first divs - same format, meaning 7 winners, of whom top 5 PPG go up (So 7 division winners + 5 best PPG playoff winners go up)

Seems a bit unfair that 2 teams at each level may win playoffs but not go up - but when has that bothered the FA? Suppose they view it as a transitional step to the properly organised pyramid

yes could be a bit of a nightmare

I've been working on some lower league NZ leagues (down to level 6 in my region). One thing that genuinely excites me is that, in FM 19,  where players are auto-generated,  there seems to be a much more noticeable difference in player abilities in lower reputation clubs and divisions .  In my NZ example, players in level 6 now seem to be noticeably weaker than players in level 4. In FM 2018, there was very little difference between the teams., all the way up to the 2nd tier.

It is an incredibly small sample size. But, if what I'm seeing is correct, it is going to make a level 22 save even more fun this time around.

Edited by DementedHammer

1 hour ago, DementedHammer said:

I've been working on some lower league NZ leagues (down to level 6 in my region). One thing that genuinely excites me is that, in FM 19,  where players are auto-generated,  there seems to be a much more noticeable difference in player abilities in lower reputation clubs and divisions .  In my NZ example, players in level 6 now seem to be noticeably weaker than players in level 4. In FM 2018, there was very little difference between the teams., all the way up to the 2nd tier.

It is an incredibly small sample size. But, if what I'm seeing is correct, it is going to make a level 22 save even more fun this time around.

That would be fantastic!

22 hours ago, AhMostyn said:

I was thinking of having it like this in my file because I don't know if you can have it like that in the editor.

16 teams in the playoffs overall, 4 from each regional division. Quarter Finals

8 winning teams from the quarter finals play the semi finals

4 winning teams from the semi finals play in the final with the 2 winning teams gaining promotion to national league north/south.

7 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

I was thinking of having it like this in my file because I don't know if you can have it like that in the editor.

16 teams in the playoffs overall, 4 from each regional division. Quarter Finals

8 winning teams from the quarter finals play the semi finals

4 winning teams from the semi finals play in the final with the 2 winning teams gaining promotion to national league north/south.

Based off of the FA handbook it appears that this is how it is being done anyway. The higher PPG decides home field advantage, rather than placing you straight through as  AhMostyn suggested.

4 hours ago, Mathens said:

Based off of the FA handbook it appears that this is how it is being done anyway. The higher PPG decides home field advantage, rather than placing you straight through as  AhMostyn suggested.

Apologies - I’d misinterpreted things for the regional premiers, so they’re a bit simpler to implement. The regional firsts look like still 5 from 7 based on overall PPG.

4 minutes ago, AhMostyn said:

Apologies - I’d misinterpreted things for the regional premiers, so they’re a bit simpler to implement. The regional firsts look like still 5 from 7 based on overall PPG.

I would say so, that level will take some thinking to work out properly.

2 hours ago, AhMostyn said:

I have set it like this on my file on the regional 1st divisions

the winners of each division all get promoted, 7 in total.

teams placed 2nd-5th go into the playoffs 28 in total, a total of 5 promotion places available.

14 divisional champions from level 9 all getting promoted.

And don't forget there will be an 8th league at Level 8 next season so it'll be a 1-2-4-8 from levels 5 to 8, noty sure if they are going to add 2 more County Premier leagues as 16 relegation places doesn't go into 14 promoted teams!

2 minutes ago, Dan BHTFC said:

And don't forget there will be an 8th league at Level 8 next season so it'll be a 1-2-4-8 from levels 5 to 8, noty sure if they are going to add 2 more County Premier leagues as 16 relegation places doesn't go into 14 promoted teams!

wanted to once again say think you for using your time to set up this DB.

44 minutes ago, Dan BHTFC said:

Apparently the plan is indeed to add two more Level 9 leagues to create a 1-2-4-8-16 structure  http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/jun/19/national-league-system-promotion-and-relegation-statement-190618

10 minutes ago, Matteo3champions said:

There will be also a release for a DB update with all the players?

adding players is an impossible job at the lower levels due to the high turnover

16 minutes ago, YOUNGSTEVE said:

Dan

Have you decided yet which region you are going down the furthest with, & at what level, as it is hard to see which leagues go down to the furthest level now.

I haven't looked down that far yet

32 minutes ago, Azami_Nene said:

you can have both databases open at the same time, just rename editor.exe to editor19 and editor18.exe       you can't open by steam anymore but you can open from the folder.

Have just seen that, will look at it when I get home from work later tonight 

6 hours ago, Dan BHTFC said:

Yes I heard about that, I have not set the additional league on my file

9 minutes ago, Mathens said:

Has anyone figured out how to replicate the 5 from 7 PPG used in Step 4 to 3. I would be happy to have a go at it if someone has the divisions set up already, as I am not overly familiar with the teams.  Hopefully it is possible.

I've just done mine so only 5 get promoted via the Play-Offs from Level 8 into 7

9 minutes ago, Mathens said:

Has anyone figured out how to replicate the 5 from 7 PPG used in Step 4 to 3. I would be happy to have a go at it if someone has the divisions set up already, as I am not overly familiar with the teams.  Hopefully it is possible.

I have not set it up like that on my file, I have made it so there is 28 teams in the playoffs, 4 from each division.

then made it so 5 teams gain promotion.