[FM19] E19 - England to Level 19

Just now, lionel messi said:

I have completed down to level 9 on my file now, checked all the leagues, there was some teams missing from the correct level 9 leagues.

Just now, lionel messi said:

I have completed down to level 9 on my file now, checked all the leagues, there was some teams missing from the correct level 9 leagues.

Great - is today or tomorrow likely?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, jwchriste said:

Is there a good site that shows the majority of the English football pyramid?  I know there's that wikipedia page, but it's not been kept up to date has it?

Hi. What bout the non league paper I get that from time to time

football.mito has midd Sussex levels maybe on that could see the above levels. I’ll try and have alook

Edited by Howie8217

8 minutes ago, jcp1417 said:

Since this is getting pretty close to release, could someone hook me up with some advice on how I should set up my database size and playable leagues?

It really depends on how powerful your computer is. The first release will be about 10 levels which ain't bad, but the 22-level one will go real slow.

I'm aiming for a lower league England/Scotland/Wales/Norn Iron/Gibraltar save; with those leagues I'll stick to a small player database as my laptop is limited. With loads of raw power, more nations and more players would be magic.

6 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

It really depends on how powerful your computer is. The first release will be about 10 levels which ain't bad, but the 22-level one will go real slow.

I'm aiming for a lower league England/Scotland/Wales/Norn Iron/Gibraltar save; with those leagues I'll stick to a small player database as my laptop is limited. With loads of raw power, more nations and more players would be magic.

thanks for the response. i plan on only going down to level 8, I have a moderately good computer so I'm not overly worried about size. Other than speed, I'm not sure what the advantages/disadvantages are to having more players in the database

At the other end of the spectrum, I have a powerful desktop. For the full L22 database, I make all UK+Irish leagues playable. These will be the only places you will be allowed to scout until you get to the upper levels anyway.  I also enable every other country/league, but make them view only.  I use a large database with no additional options enabled.  As I climb the levels, I'll disable the lower leagues and when I get to League1/2, I start making the top division in the major football nations playable.  Once you disable all but the top 6 divisions, the game sims fairly quickly.

More for you to scout/attract to your club. More real players for you to come up against.

Ok I know I'm starting to take this thread into a different direction, and I can move it if needed, but is that it? I thought I read somewhere that large databases made it way too hard to sell players , among other things.

Which nations should I enable? I don't want to enable a bunch of nations if the players would never be given a work permit to play in the lower English leagues

1 minute ago, jcp1417 said:

Ok I know I'm starting to take this thread into a different direction, and I can move it if needed, but is that it? I thought I read somewhere that large databases made it way too hard to sell players , among other things.

Which nations should I enable? I don't want to enable a bunch of nations if the players would never be given a work permit to play in the lower English leagues

There's the whole Brexit nightmare to factor, unless you added the nobrexit file like I did.  I rely on my DoF to bring in players and he stays local; some FMers will stay within their region or nation. You're only going to be allowed around the UK for a few years anyway until you go professional.

I go full level 22 small database. I don’t matter what level u use you prob start a season on 12,000 players, then 5 years later you’ll have round 30,000 players or more in the game. I only use English full level 22 and have all the leagues on background (I like to look at the teams in others leagues)

@phnompenhandy sorry to tag you but I wanted to ask you a question, bit on topic bit off topic, it's a long time since I've done anything like a real LLM or journeyman save.

I'm looking forward to this also and was wondering do you have to tick add players and staff to playable teams when starting, as already had a go at National league N and I only had 18 players inc reserves and as I have transfer window turned off, I realised couple of injuries I wouldn't be able to field a full team?

@Dan BHTFC keep up the good work, don't rush, looking forward to giving this a bash when ready.

Yeh Toffee, as they say, you really don't want to use greys, so do tick add players to teams. I also untick 'do not add key staff' because if other clubs have no staff you have even more of an advantage over them and it's so easy at this level as it is. I've been caught out by the double negative before [untick, do not]. But I just use a small database and don't add leagues because the number of players is sufficient and will bloat and slow my game down soon enough!

1 minute ago, Dan BHTFC said:

Well I have 4 more Level 10 leagues to go still, didn't have the energy or will power to do any editing yesterday, will continue this afternoon. Sorry for the false hope, just early shifts at work make my energy levels low!

Dunno how you do it Dan. Be kind to yourself! :thup:

6 minutes ago, Dan BHTFC said:

Just reading an article in today's Non League Paper about Mousehole in Cornwall having a wealthy benefactor, Level 11 team, I think I know what my first save on the database is going to be!

Ah, I'm looking at Plymouth Marjon in the same division as I used to teach and did my MA there. Are they fully amateur sides? I guess 'Mowzil' isn't any more.

1 hour ago, phnompenhandy said:

Ah, I'm looking at Plymouth Marjon in the same division as I used to teach and did my MA there. Are they fully amateur sides? I guess 'Mowzil' isn't any more.

Looks like they are taking the Youth development route, I'll try and replicate this in the database but I might put them as Semi Pro 

4 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

They're students. Being a university professor myself, I do like to manage university clubs. Any ETA?

Level 10 possibly tomorrow evening or Wednesday evening (I'm out watching football Tuesday evening!)

Reading the article it will be self-sustaining so not throwing silly money at players, just money to get the facilities up there!

So it's completely different to say like Billericay 

Edited by Dan BHTFC

8 minutes ago, Dan BHTFC said:

Reading the article it will be self-sustaining so not throwing silly money at players, just money to get the facilities up there!

So it's completely different to say like Billericay 

Ah yes, Billericay Dickie. Is he a sugar daddy or do they just get a big budget?

2 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Ah yes, Billericay Dickie. Is he a sugar daddy or do they just get a big budget?

Well he doesn't throw the cash round so much this season although they have a massive budget compared to other clubs 

16 hours ago, traitormatt said:

@toffee71 yeah I dont remember ever offering a contract to a greyed out player and not thinking "wow this isn't the worst player that has ever been generated on FM"

13 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Yeh Toffee, as they say, you really don't want to use greys, so do tick add players to teams. I also untick 'do not add key staff' because if other clubs have no staff you have even more of an advantage over them and it's so easy at this level as it is. I've been caught out by the double negative before [untick, do not]. But I just use a small database and don't add leagues because the number of players is sufficient and will bloat and slow my game down soon enough!

Years ago, I used to move all goalies to main squad before inter-squad friendly and regularly got gems of keepers for the level.

The do not add key staff still catches me out when I do anything other than a top div save.

I'm trying to wrap my head around this, what exactly is a lvl 22 database? Is that 22 levels below the premiership? Does anyone know what teams are involved at the very bottom, i'm curious.

I fancy a low level league, maybe a few levels below the conference but 22 levels sounds totally insane. What kind of accuracy in terms of players/structure are we talking here at the lowest level?

Just now, PoolFan said:

I'm trying to wrap my head around this, what exactly is a lvl 22 database? Is that 22 levels below the premiership? Does anyone know what teams are involved at the very bottom, i'm curious.

I fancy a low level league, maybe a few levels below the conference but 22 levels sounds totally insane. What kind of accuracy in terms of players/structure are we talking here at the lowest level?

Premier League is Level 1. Go to Dan's FM18 thread to see all the leagues. The structure is accurate - that's why Dan takes months to complete it. He doesn't add players.

Premier League is Level 1. Go to Dan's FM18 thread to see all the leagues. The structure is accurate - that's why Dan takes months to complete it. He doesn't add players. 

That's a LOT of leagues. Do you guys run all those leagues at once? That's way too much for me lol.

Has anyone managed to take a team from the bottom all the way to the premiership?

2 hours ago, PoolFan said:

That's a LOT of leagues. Do you guys run all those leagues at once? That's way too much for me lol.

Has anyone managed to take a team from the bottom all the way to the premiership?

You have to run all the English leagues at once if you want to start at the bottom.  I know @lionel messi and I both made it to premiership on FM18, but we didn't win it.  I finally gave up when FM19 was officially released.

2 minutes ago, jwchriste said:

You have to run all the English leagues at once if you want to start at the bottom.  I know @lionel messi and I both made it to premiership on FM18, but we didn't win it.  I finally gave up when FM19 was officially released.

you went from 22 to the Prem?

Just now, jcp1417 said:

you went from 22 to the Prem?

Yes, it's not as difficult as it sounds.  It's really easy to dominate until you get into the main levels included with the game.  It's more of a test of willpower to stick with it.

I also had a fortuitous sugar-daddy take-over at L14 where we went straight from amateur to fully professional with money to make improvements and generous wage/transfer budgets.  It was a bit of a weird save.  Straight promotions except I had to repeat League1 once because I lost in the playoffs.

18 minutes ago, jwchriste said:

Yes, it's not as difficult as it sounds.  It's really easy to dominate until you get into the main levels included with the game.  It's more of a test of willpower to stick with it.

I also had a fortuitous sugar-daddy take-over at L14 where we went straight from amateur to fully professional with money to make improvements and generous wage/transfer budgets.  It was a bit of a weird save.  Straight promotions except I had to repeat League1 once because I lost in the playoffs.

Interesting. So what was your average attendance once you made it to the premier? I’ve long wondered how much attendance potential a town like Lewes would even have if they made it.

I think realistically, success can only get you so far. You would have to also have the population base. 

What level did you really see attendance begin to rise?

4 minutes ago, jcp1417 said:

Interesting. So what was your average attendance once you made it to the premier? I’ve long wondered how much attendance potential a town like Lewes would even have if they made it.

I think realistically, success can only get you so far. You would have to also have the population base. 

What level did you really see attendance begin to rise?

Here's my avg. attendances per year (league+cup matches):

image.thumb.png.04b4d3f11c22ce55078283e5a5b2257b.png

The last season, I was selling out every league match (15k), but the other competitions were dragging the avg down.  40/41 we were playing in a larger stadium while our new stadium was being built.

I did a holiday sim experiment with K&H where I used the editor to keep giving them a sugar-daddy (so they remained successful) and just simming season after season to see how their attendances would grow.  I forget how many seasons (maybe 40+?), but they were eventually drawing over 60k, so I think it's possible, just may take longer than some other clubs/towns.