[FM19] E19 - England to Level 19

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, herne79 said:

Small world.  I grew up in and around Launceston, went to school/college in Plymouth.

Can guarantee I wasn't your teacher - I was at a girls' high school! :p

Plymouth itself wasn't inspiring, but I spent every weekend driving around Dartmoor or Cornish villages so know the location of many of those little amateur teams very vividly.

14 hours ago, Howie8217 said:

Hey dan how’s it going? If it’s going to be hard or not doable this file why don’t you just use FM18 file? Just change what needs changing and or add leagues that may be easier? Just a option 

I've done this in the past and it's caused some issues so might have to do it from scratch 

True. If you remember when you did it from scratch there were still the same problems. Then we all looked into it with the saves we had then we found a few probs which were corrected. I can’t remember what it was it in the FM18 chat thingy. Any file will work for any fm. I used a fm15 file on fm18 (I needed to change a few things here and there lol). The only thing that changes with each fm is the leagues the coding is still the same. You could start the file no with what you got and I know it will work. It worked with last year file you remember? Fm 17 worked on fm18 end off season had a problem, then you re did the file and same problem end off season. The we found the problem 

1 hour ago, phnompenhandy said:

Really? Do you mean if we just loaded the FM18 file into FM19 it would work?

No, it would need to be verified in FM19 editor then all the season start/league/competition dates would need to be changed

The file will work. Don’t need to change comp dates it don’t it self automatically. Ye some teams won’t be in game just add teams from lower leagues that are not in English leagues (there 100s) (or in my case I add welsh teams) some leagues will probably need removing a little tweak here a little tweak there. I did it last too years it worked. Except for end of season with the file last year. Even had the same problem when you redid the file with end off season. Like the carabo cup it wasn’t called the two three seasons ago and when I use the file it changed automatically. All I do is verify and change what needs changing (unless that end off season thing happens agen then that a little advance for me lol) 

17 minutes ago, Howie8217 said:

The file will work. Don’t need to change comp dates it don’t it self automatically. Ye some teams won’t be in game just add teams from lower leagues that are not in English leagues (there 100s) (or in my case I add welsh teams) some leagues will probably need removing a little tweak here a little tweak there. I did it last too years it worked. Except for end of season with the file last year. Even had the same problem when you redid the file with end off season. Like the carabo cup it wasn’t called the two three seasons ago and when I use the file it changed automatically. All I do is verify and change what needs changing (unless that end off season thing happens agen then that a little advance for me lol) 

Have you tried the file??

Can’t yet game not out lol. The last 3 years Iv use the same (this year an exepsion at the mo) file. Ok needed to change a few things (I’m fine with that) the leagues I need to change don’t affect the leagues i play in with teams I mean. If the file dose work it won’t be the same as real life with promotion and relagasion. It will be like last season. End of the day we will find out next week. Again if the file works and/or I can do what needs doing I’ll do a a 4/5 year test save will take a day. Hopefully it will work. 

Gota say I’m liking FM19 👍

The file won't work because of the season start dates and the round dates for all the Cup competitions, it's always been like that. Also some teams will now be duplicated, I'd rather do this from scratch so there are no issues.

Thanks for your work on this Dan, really looking forward to playing it again this year. 

Don't know about anyone else, but I'd love to see the Sheffield & Hallamshire County leagues incorporated if you can - would love to play as Sheffield Union or New Bohemians in Division Two (Step 13 I believe)

just commented on the old thread, til I saw this one.

im planning on doing a similar thing myself for my own benefit rather than to post the file, but I may have to wait for yours now as your obviously more experienced in making it than I am.

Obviously the new format of non league will need to be included but some leagues missing that I think warrant inclusion (I added links to them on the 2018 thread)  Are Central Midlands league (4 divisions , north and south divisions at both level 11 and level 12) , Midland Regional Alliance (2 divisions not officially part of the non league structure but is a feeder league to Central midlands league so makes sense for levels 13 and 14) and also Midland & Notts Amateur alliance which is a feeder to the Notts senior league ( 3 divisions, with the premier division being at level 14)

Glad I found this thread.  I remembers a "To Level 22" being up at FM Scout last year but didn't use it.  This year wanted to do a save with a slightly deeper team for my channel so will be keeping an eye on things.  Thanks for all your efforts sir.

On 26/10/2018 at 05:26, jcp1417 said:

Can't wait to play as Lewes!

Don't know whether you'd be interested or not but I was reloading for Dafuge's Challenge and got Lewes on 24 June 2019 - if you're interested then I can give you the save file :)

50 minutes ago, Dan BHTFC said:

I'll be taking a look at the editor later tonight after I finish work where I can make the necessary changes so I can add lower lower league and get a feel for the editor.

I will be too, I think I will be releasing a file again this year but it wont be true to real life.

11 minutes ago, Dan BHTFC said:

Just having a look at the editor now, pretty standard to the past versions, have now used the Resource Archiver to change the level value of the competitions from 20 to 30 so I can get lower down than 20 now!

How can I edit beyond level 20?

Edited by grade

Same way as this but you need to find the comp file, open that in wordpad or notepad and search for 'Level', min 1 max 20, change the max to whatever number you want and save then follow rest of instructions on that post

16 minutes ago, Dan BHTFC said:

Just 1 problem with the editor, you can't have the FM18 editor open at the same time.....this could make my progress slow! I knew I should've made an Excel document with all the league and teams info

You should set up one of those justgiving type pages. Definitely would buy you a pint or two for your efforts! 

2 hours ago, oohlala111 said:

Don't know whether you'd be interested or not but I was reloading for Dafuge's Challenge and got Lewes on 24 June 2019 - if you're interested then I can give you the save file :)

what is that?

Question about the process. Will this only be released when all 22 levels are done? I used your file last year and loved it but I really only want to go down to level 8. Do you plan to release this a few times as you make progress?

18 minutes ago, Coxbox said:

Thinking of doing the scilly isles again but i though once you have made your DB i could try and insert it somewhere in it this time in england and not as its own nation.

I was actually thinking about doing this as well in the database, was also looking at creating them as a nation at some point as well

Just now, Dan BHTFC said:

I was actually thinking about doing this as well in the database, was also looking at creating them as a nation at some point as well

let me work on it when you are done as i even have a whole selection of custom players made by the FM community on a live stream. I also have all the dates for the games this year. 

34 minutes ago, jcp1417 said:

what is that?

Challenge where you sim a year and take over a newly-promoted club to the Vanarama North/South. In the save I have, Lewes will begin in the Vanarama South!

Edited by oohlala111

Just now, oohlala111 said:

Challenge where you sim a year and take over a newly-promoted club to the Vanarama North/South. In the save I have, Lewes will begin in the Vanarama South!

oh! so it's for fm 19? Here's to hoping Lewes will be in the real Vanarama South next year!! Yes, I'd love the save

2 minutes ago, jcp1417 said:

oh! so it's for fm 19? Here's to hoping Lewes will be in the real Vanarama South next year!! Yes, I'd love the save

The Challenge has been going on for years, but it's for the 'out-of-the-box' FM with 6 levels in England. With lower level files there's no point and the Challenge rules don't allow it.

I was contemplating doing EITHER the Dafuge Challenge, OR use a lower league file.

Edited by phnompenhandy

Just a quick update, I've done down to Level 8 so far tonight and recreated the FA Trophy, tomorrow will be time to start Level 9, I will also add the leagues which will be in the database in the second post of this thread at some point too.

Edited by Dan BHTFC