FM19- Bundesliga Thread

lblanc

Update now the full game is out. Started as Gladbach. 

Not much to spend in the first window. So only managed to bring in Mangala on loan and a couple of free transfers to boost the squad numbers and allow some of the youngsters to drop to the second team and i have unlocked the lower leagues. Making the second team playable which will allow the investment in youth players coming through. 

843979047_Screenshot2018-11-03at08_33_02.thumb.png.5d2fbad613c3190ac8b63ce7131dcef1.png

Only played few games of the season. Results little mixed. Disappointing start with a home loss to Leverkusen after dominating the whole game. Since followed that up with a 6-0 battering of Schalke.

1797249611_Screenshot2018-11-03at08_36_48.thumb.png.0a977571e9e645403b3399aee4969e58.png

Look forward to reading other careers. 

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hit the Bundesliga in my Journeyman save with a very good Schalke team, first full season. This team is also very young so hopefully I can get them to take over Europe soon.

Have also done 2 seasons in a separate save with Leverkusen, finished 3rd both times with a focus on youth, haven't been playing that since starting this save however. 

5556967620aa08a748129aef1e10dc27.png

image.png.b4279b9ca79296a7488b2377f92a6bca.png

Borussia Dortmund

OK I know I said I wouldn't update until the end of the season but there has been some major transfer goings on

Both Julian Weigl (22m) and Omer Toprak (17.25m) left the club for Shandong in China, I was happy to see Weigl go as he constantly moaned and I felt letting him go would enable me to Sergio Gomez more game time. As for Omer the Shandong bid came out of nowhere and 17m for a 29 year old wasn't the worst offer so I accepted.

Selling him obviously left me short at the back so for 10m welcome to Dortmund

image.png.aeed18e226e077eb6245d16ad5074aa7.png

KEVIN DANSO

At 20 Kevin has some very impressive stats very strong and good in the air I'm eager to see how he turns out.

image.thumb.png.c25d6c18a0ffdf11730da6bff6bc0e00.png

I also confirmed another free signing for the end of the season but I shall leave that until next time

14 minutes ago, DoubleDenimSuccess said:

You want to be seriously hoping he improves his composure, concentration & decision making or he could be an absolute liability at that level of the game. Seriously bad important mental stats especially for defenders. Looks a beast physically but needs to change mentally for me to be considered a signing for BVB.

I agree and it's definitely something he'll be working on.

Given he's fairly determined and only 20 he can improve on those stats.

Can anybody enlighten me as to why the reserve squads for German teams have no fixtures attached? Seriously disappointing as I have players in my U19 squad who are ready to step up to reserve level but cannot due to having no fixtures attached. They are not quite ready for Bundesliga level & this is frustrating as there progress will stagnate with no game time in reserve games.

15 minutes ago, lblanc said:

As far as I know Reserve squads play in the Bundesliga III which isn't there for licensing reasons.

Best option is to get yourself a decent affiliate which you can loan players to

Bundesliga 3 is now in the game. It came out for release of the full game. The affiliate club is a good shout however, will look into it.

20 minutes ago, DoubleDenimSuccess said:

Bundesliga 3 is now in the game. It came out for release of the full game. The affiliate club is a good shout however, will look into it.

Was not aware of that, good to see SI listened to people moaning about it.

I got myself FC Ingolstadt 04 currently mid table in Bundesliga 2 as an affiliate

1 hour ago, SirCular said:

I've just started as 1860 Munich following full release. Seems strange as I always avoid the German league for some reason but following the licensing it seemed appealing.

Best nation to manage in IMO, all three leagues have great appeal and great options. Germany is a wonderful footballing nation with fans keeping with tradition & values. Very few tycoon owners in Germany due to certain club/fan rules, which is the way it should be IMO. Fans were here long before & will be here long after the money men have left the game.

Seems like there's constantly new talent. With the exception of Bayern in the Bundesliga it is also very balances with the other teams challenging for the top places. 

I have a save in the Bundesliga each year but each of the teams keeps changing so much. They bring new players in or have youth coming through. 

Just about scraped over the line to win the Bundesliga with Leipzig in the first season, finishing one point ahead of surprise contenders Frankfurt. Dortmund had an horrific campaign and were hovering around the relegation zone up until the last ten games of the season where they managed to string some wins together - they went through four managers this season.

bbfWCHF.jpg

amfeuey.jpg

13 hours ago, Lewis007 said:

Just about scraped over the line to win the Bundesliga with Leipzig in the first season, finishing one point ahead of surprise contenders Frankfurt. Dortmund had an horrific campaign and were hovering around the relegation zone up until the last ten games of the season where they managed to string some wins together - they went through four managers this season.

bbfWCHF.jpg

amfeuey.jpg

Can you post your tactics please?

Managed to get in Mbappe at the start of season 3. It will be really interesting how he does in the German league.  

2 goals first game, let's goooo!

PS. Value and salary is in Swedish kronor so ignore that, but I paid around 200 milion pounds for him and his salary is around 375k pounds a week.

wwwaaaaww.png

Started with my annual Leverkusen save, always a fun team to managed. Playing gegenpressing style.

Still early on , but just had my best comeback ever on FM i think. Home against Dortmund, they absolutely counter attacked us of the field in the first half. 1-4 at half time. Switch from 4-1-4-1 DM to 4-2-3-1 and substituted Aranguiz in as a box-to-box, and this happened. 

1zz24w9.png

So this happened in my very first FM19 save.. 

joke.thumb.png.14149ed383cdd2adc923a54abdcc5747.png

I got sacked in the morning

Btw. Any other german young players worth buying? Have been looking at Vagnoman from Hamburg and Jannes Horn from Koln

Edited by daho

3 hours ago, daho said:

So this happened in my very first FM19 save.. 

joke.thumb.png.14149ed383cdd2adc923a54abdcc5747.png

I got sacked in the morning

Btw. Any other german young players worth buying? Have been looking at Vagnoman from Hamburg and Jannes Horn from Koln

Looks a nice setup. Is that a match day skin or one you have customised yourself using what is available in the game?

Borussia Dortmund

Well it's come down to the my last 4 games. Win them and I go down in Dortmund and German history

image.thumb.png.416ae9d4dbd483a37ede517c3bf9fe68.pngThis is the current Bundesliga Table

With a game in hand I'm 2 points behind Leipzig, they currently have a better goal difference then me but that is only by 1.

My last league games are Schalke (H) and Gladbach (A). 

After those two games I have two cup finals

image.thumb.png.d0244202ac4d50518daefe211056c185.png

4 games win them all and I win a historic treble. 

Or will I do a Leverkusen ???

Edited by lblanc

Borussia Dortmund

So 4 games to win everything?

First up my game in hand in the league against arch rivals Schalke

image.thumb.png.a990433e4b0e82f424025c0c98a79401.png

A brilliant performance from Marco Reus and with one game to go we are top up next up on the last day Gladbach while Leipzig travel to Bremen.

image.thumb.png.d4b8c7e000a55b30668b9372467c42ee.png

That sums it up a hard fought win Reus missed an early penalty, While Leipzig rushed into a 2-0 lead I dropped to 2nd but then Pika with his first goal of the season cracked in a vollet from outside the box to send me top. 

I missed so many chances to make it more comfortable but in the end a 1-0 win was enough to see us crowned champions.

image.thumb.png.2ed3a51d88fdf5bb8d2c67ba1230b9ab.png

This is how the league finished up, Nurnberg are 4-1 down to Darmstadt in the playoffs so I think they'll need a miracle to survive.

Next up was the DFB Pokal final

my route to final was relatively straight forward with the draw being very kind to me

image.thumb.png.dc45d7c172515b7ce816f2586bd16453.png 

Stuttgart were the only Bundesliga team I faced in the whole competition.

The final against Hamburg had some tension with two Hamburg players  Fiete Arp and Josna  Vagnoman having agree to join me next year both would unfortunately miss the game though with injury.

image.png.47a6c8cef4dff4098acf64fd0f866783.png

The game itself was settled by super sub Paco Alcacer scoring in 63rd and 76th minutes to clinch us the Domestic Double. 

Next up the big one The CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL

image.thumb.png.1aee9634fabb96fcef1c9a99f34d40f2.png

My run to the final was definitely a hard fought one 

A 1-1 draw in Mestalla was followed by a comfortable 3-0 win in Dortmund to set up a rematch of the 97 final against Juventus.

image.png.cfdeda7558369bf00d5c6513374286e9.png

The first leg ended in dramatic fashion with Dybala scoring in the 95th minute of what was supposed to be only 3 minutes of added time.

The second leg well ..

image.png.79841e0f3e189b0af1354095b3642d27.png

with 20 minutes left it seemed we were going out but a Marco Reus penalty gave us hope I decided what have I got to lose and went for it Very attacking threw on Paco and changed to 4-2-4 formation. Milik made it 3-3. Then with pretty much the last kick of regulation play Marco Reus cut inside from the left and smashed home the 4th to take it to extra time. Paco scored 5 minutes into the first period to put us in the lead, Juventus threw everything at us knowing one goal would win it for them but they couldn't find away past my defence and on we went to face Manchester Untied in the Semi Final.

In those game I'm not going to lie Man U were probably the better team but I out Mourinho'd Mourinho to record a 1-0 win at home and 1-1 draw at Old Trafford

image.png.146d0aa1d5fdb16d025ec740c422defc.png image.png.e8f9702bf2ac52adf2054947f156e264.png

That brought me the final to play Man City

Having won the League and cup double I was looking for a treble.

Unfortunately it was not to be as I lost on penalties after a hard fought match

image.thumb.png.ba7e24b5ad83ef271be34f2c81adbbf3.pngimage.thumb.png.17f761f5e43d7555772b6ebec1531e36.png

image.png

Unlucky but I was massively proud of my lads a we can look forward to next season with much promise.

My results for the 2nd half of the season

image.thumb.png.6880d760ee7f1bf08548d3e68cbd7d36.pngimage.thumb.png.d4518c013627bedf413a2ac5816cc9a6.png

image.thumb.png.a5fa47b798115888372c4cd72a0cc15f.png

image.thumb.png.b042ec1c7cb773b763c97a9ce5e71621.png

image.thumb.png.5cc617915656a7323f356fd3491c92b6.png*slightly annoyed I had to play Freiburg two days after Man U had to play my 2nd string who just couldn't find a goal

Overall as I said above a great season and one I can hopefully build upon. 

Edited by lblanc

7 hours ago, Corndog69 said:

I think I’m going to try Eintracht Frankfurt. Does anyone have any experience with them this year? Anything would be helpful! 

Beat them 7-0 over two league games but that doesn't really tell the real story despite this I found them  very dangerous in attack.

A front 3 rebic-haller-jovic is a handful for any team.

Williams is a good overlapping wing back.

And they have Kevin Trapp on loan(not sure if there is any option to buy) who is a very good keeper.

looking at their wiki (Obviously not having FM open being in work at all)

They have a decent enough team

As mentioned above Trapp (on loan), Rebic, Jovic (on loan) Haller and Williams

add to that Salcedo, Kostic, Gaćinović, Stendera, Gelson Fernandes, Abraham, Russ, Hasebe

You got yourself a decent enough team there.

Some of those are 32 or over so you'd probably need to invest in a year or two but looks like an interesting challenge.

Edited by lblanc

Borussia Dortmund

Season Zwei

The start of the tough second season after my domestic double last year will I be able to emulate it or perhaps go one better and capture the treble which alluded me last year.

First up Transfers

Out

Jeremy Toijan-9m to Al-Shabab

This actually happened in February but I forgot to post it, He came looking for more game time which I did offer him he played 13 out of the next 18 games for me and actually had a decent rating of 7.42 but he just wasn't happy and requested a transfer. I would have liked to get more for him but seems he was so adamant to leave and having two right backs to compete it out for the rest of the year I cashed in.

Roman Bürki -21m (28m) to Spurs 

image.png.1e634e3e7e3de317ded69a633316723b.png

Roman served me brilliantly last season and 21m rising to 28m was a very good offer I couldn't turn down.

Jacob Brunn-Larsen- Season loan to Wolfsburg

image.png.3e01a2f9dd83dd5fdf4060ab2efbbbf3.png

Jacob had a great season on loan at Burnley last season and I was very tempted to keep him and give him time but I assessed the options ahead of him and decided a loan was the best option for him, he signed a new long term contract before leaving and I'll be keeping a close eye on his performances in the Bundesliga this term.

Dženis Burnić- Season  loan to MSV Duisburg

image.png.7d9ae5c50e81c5e72cdc423b8bfdac98.png

Dženis spent last season on loan at Dynamo Dresden were he played OK not in my current plans so I accepted the loan to Duisburg were he will be a key player.

Alexander Isak- Season Loan to Ajax

image.png.75ceb56cf547357766830204466484ba.png

Isak became home grown last year but he is behind 3 strikers at the moment so I thought best to send him out on loan game time will be important for him now to improve and I can't offer it to him at the moment.

Felix Passlack- Season Loan to Augsburg

image.png.f499de2df069a195cee415b4440f81fd.png

Another who spent last year on loan, I have two right backs ahead of him at the moment so I thought best to give him some Bundesliga experience. With Piszczek retiring next year he will be back next year to challenge.

Transfers IN

Andreas  Pereira - Free Transfer from Manchester United

image.png.2c9f20a38ade316c518cb7ed604f62a1.png

The first of two players I brought in on a free transfer, Andreas is young and possesses great ability on the ball and a free kick ability of 17 I expect him to get some goals this year.

Divock Origi-Free Transfer from Liverpool

image.png.25cc3e0a696eb80e92e58628ed21b91c.png

I'll admit he isn't the best striker in the world but he is still young and can play a number of positions with pace to burn. Hopefully he can be a good player to bring of the bench if I need exploit tired defenses though 12 finishing is not great and is something he has immediately been assigned to work on. Worst case scenario I sell him off for a nice profit.

Fiete Arp- 5.5m from Hamburg

image.png.4e216bc2f442476b46aee96e0b1667b4.png

The wonderkid German striker comes in at a great price of 5.5m after I forced Hamburg to sell him at 19 he is one for the future but may get his chance  in the cups or may leave on loan before the deadline if I get a suitable offer.

Felix Uduokhai- 4.8m from Wolfsburg

image.png.dc383db0cae1c046978b5877f55cedc8.png

He was someone I had looked at in January but he was unwilling to move I went back in for him in the summer and  actually got him for less the treble the price I had almost gotten him for in January at 21 he is a real talent. (Just look at the happy head on him as well :lol: ) Offers me another great option in the centre back area.

Josna Vagnoman 9.75m (13.25m) from Hamburg

image.png.851e2e9708ddf994661d29cfdc8493a8.png

The second signing from Hamburg and one who a lot seem to raving about both in game and real life will provide backup (and probably challenge) to Piszczek this season and will fight it out with Felix Passlack next year for my right back slot

* I have sent Hakimi back to Real Madrid as I wanted to give both this lad more time and Real wanted 83m for Hakimi which I was not willing to pay and why polish someone else's diamond when you can your own.

Paco Alcácer 23m from Barcelona

image.png.f40463c684eb3e49109f8c31b5149f70.png

Despite missing a penalty in the Champions League final, Paco done well for me last year scoring 14 goals most of which were important at 23m he is a steal, will once again fight it out with Milik for the starting berth.

Nick Pope- 3.6m from Burnley

image.png.4e3c0111fd172dbccf9547bdbdaca56c.png

Having sold Bürki to Spurs I needed a new number two to challenge Cillessen I almost went for Petr Čech who was available on a free transfer but he wanted close to 90k on wages and would only sign a one year deal being that he is 37. After browsing the transfer list I found Nick 27 years old and willing to be backup and only wanted 36k a week. Has some very impressive stats such as 19 command of area and 16 handling, Aerial Reach and 1 on 1's. Shall need to improve his first touch (7) and kicking (7) but an able deputy.

Jannes Horn- 10m from FC Köln 

image.png.0bf8a3c26fc092a44453dd3b7e242747.png

I picked up Jannes for 10m after a bit of a battle for his signature with Schalke and Wolfsburg at 22 he is one for the future, has returned to Köln on loan for the season but is my potential replacement for Marcel Schmelzer.

My Opening Fixtures see me take on Red Bull Leipzig in the Super Cup, Jahn Regensburg in the Pokal and Wolfsburg in the league followed by Augsburg and Hannover before I start my Champions League campaign.

Here is to a successful second season

Full Squad:

GK: Cillessen, Pope, Unbehaun

Lb: Schmelzer, Guerreiro

Cb: Akanji, Diallo, Zagadou, Danso, Uduokhai

Rb: Piszczek , Vagnoman

CM: Witsel, Delaney, Van de Beek, Dahoud, Gomez

AM: Götze , Phillip, Andreas Pereira

LW: Reus, Sancho

RW: Pulisic , Wolf

CF: Milik, Alcacer, Origi, Arp

Edited by lblanc

I started a save with Eintracht Frankfurt a few days back.

Bit of a challenge, because the real team is high-flying in the Bundesliga and rocking their group in the Europa League, and it might be a bit tough to recreate that in FM19.

Frankfurt has a wonderful attacking line with the likes of Haller, Rebic and Jovic. I hope to see some goals. As I switched on almost every nation, the game is moving forward rather slowly, I just finished the season preparation. Will keep you posted.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Lewis007:

Finally after five long seasons we have achieved promotion to the Bundesliga.

Going to be a mammoth task to avoid relegation with a £900K transfer budget.

Ha, and together with Darmstadt!

Loving it, congratulations, and all the best for staying up!

Would you mind showing me the squad of SV Darmstadt to see how they developed after 5 seasons?

(Wouldn't mind taking a look at your promoted squad as well...)

3 hours ago, Jean-Luc said:

Ha, and together with Darmstadt!

Loving it, congratulations, and all the best for staying up!

Would you mind showing me the squad of SV Darmstadt to see how they developed after 5 seasons?

(Wouldn't mind taking a look at your promoted squad as well...)

Yeah man, sure.

5DFr6ik.jpg

OmeC0US.jpg

Q0JnQh7.jpg

huBXIrz.jpg

CMK8lDI.jpg

hKaP9Bz.jpg

Thanks, man!

Very interesting stuff. Sulu still active with 36 years... Lots of new people, but Stark, Jones and Kamavuaka still on board.

And Terodde and Zoller as new additions for the attack. Can't really see that happening, but you never know...

Borussia Dortmund

Season Zwei

Just a small update I'm just past the Transfer window.

I've started the season brilliantly!

Victory over Leipzig in the Super Cup on penalties with Paco exorcising his penalty miss in the Champions League final by scoring his penalty though he wasn't the hero as it was Abdou Diallo who scored the winning penalty after Dahoud had missed his chance to win it.

image.png.19c0abdbd938fd9ad86f9003e9fd02e2.png

In the cup game against Regensburg I gave the second string a run out giving debuts to Nick Pop, Divock Origi and Andreas Pereira. And it was the latter who really made his mark with two fantastic goals and an assist.

image.png.829a1ff600d30394ef3d38abf327be2e.png

My first league game seen me take on Wolfsburg at home and it went perfectly with a 4-0 win, the biggest threat from Wolfsburg coming from Jacob Brunn Larsen (on loan from me) but it was another Dane who stole the show with my newly appointed Vice Captain Thomas Delaney scoring two goals.

Next game seen me scrape a 2-1 win away to Augsburg after Delaney had been sent off, but goals from last season Bundesliga player of the year Marco Reus and another from Pereira seen me pick up 6 points from 6 so far.

In Europe the draw was mad for the Champions League

image.png.8fb2a83e768736e3fde0faa1f936162f.png

A tough enough draw but I'm happy and confident enough that I can qualify, Man United being my toughest opponents to face. Even though I reached the final last year I went with the expectation to Reach the First Knockout Round as 1) It didn't change my budget too significantly 2) It's always good when you succeed it 3) I didn't want to put too much pressure on the lads to reproduce last season heroics even though deep down I want to go one better. 

Hamburg career, first season promoted, 2nd season missed out on the Bundesliga title by 1 point, the 3rd season finished 4th (just) and 4th season won the league by 5 points, and got to 1/4 final of UCL. Going into 5th season now and have a really strong side.

GK: Raya or Onana

Def: Vagoman, Murilo, Mere, Insua, Friedl, Bernat

Mid: Cabellos, Andre Gomes, Samper, Goretzka, Loftus Cheek, Weigl

Wings: Riekhof (superb regen) Antonio Marin (one of best players in the world now) Malcom, Welbeck, 

Fwd: Arp, Jovecic (amazing signing, one of the top forwards around)

Few other regens who look really good. Signed a lot of those players above on frees, or very cheap. Utilised loan market heavily until I had built up budgets using prize money. Going into this season I'm 3rd favourite behind Dortmund and Bayern for the league title, ideally want to win the league, get to final stages of the German cup, and get to final few of UCL again. 

Matter of time until the superclubs come knocking for Arp, Marin & Jovecic. All in the best handful of players globally in their respective positions. 

1 hour ago, jckstevens said:

Does anyone know how the II (reserve) teams work in the Bundesliga? The Regionaliga isn't int the game so am I right in thinking the reserves don't get any game time? 

Bit disappointed if so as youth developments a big part of my saves!

there are available editor files that unlock the Regionaliga leagues (link below). i would recommend them as otherwise you have to hope your reverse team gets promoted to Liga 3. 

http://www.meistertrainerforum.de/index.php/topic,25827.0.html

1 hour ago, james-99 said:

there are available editor files that unlock the Regionaliga leagues (link below). i would recommend them as otherwise you have to hope your reverse team gets promoted to Liga 3. 

http://www.meistertrainerforum.de/index.php/topic,25827.0.html

Mate what formation and tactic you use with Gladbach? started two saves with them, I was sacked and started again with them, but I'm really struggling tactic wise, not scoring at all despite having possession. I could use some tips 

4 hours ago, daho said:

Mate what formation and tactic you use with Gladbach? started two saves with them, I was sacked and started again with them, but I'm really struggling tactic wise, not scoring at all despite having possession. I could use some tips 

I've used a mixture of tactics, currently using Knap 424 press. Finding Gladbach are a great home team. struggling away quite a lot lately some terrible results. Plea is great signing this season always found gladbach are good team just missing a goalscoring striker. 

Career updates 

2nd Season - 5th Bundlesliga & Europa League winners 

1785362243_Screenshot2018-11-17at19_24_34.thumb.png.ca2dafbc699639eac2d5884daae8d5cb.png2106453690_Screenshot2018-11-17at19_26_51.thumb.png.9a447ca919b20965ebe75705e1a9ff52.png

Aiming for progress and get back into the Champions League. Struggled away from home against a lot of the mid table teams, dropping a lot of points so had to settle for 5th. Different story in the Europa League the team just kept finding a way to win. Last 4 was all german teams. Final versus Leverkusen. Which got us back in the CL. 

Season 3 - 2nd Bundesliga & DFB Cup winners

Much improved away from home allowed a title challenge which failed with only 7 points picked up in the final 5 games to lose out by 2 points. Favourable draws in the cup lead to a second trophy in 2 seasons. 

1144680134_Screenshot2018-11-17at19_25_33.thumb.png.0b94aac0861c7e83aec7a0581ba59086.png1059704029_Screenshot2018-11-17at19_26_28.thumb.png.093d9775bf36e6fc61aa70a5f9dedc2d.png

Starting a game as Hoffenheim. First ever year for the team in the Champions League, only one trophy won in their history, and a decent squad.... a great team to write yourself into the history books with! Lots of potential.

There are 5 important players out injured at the start of the season: Amiri, Geiger, Kramaric, Rupp and Demirbay with all players due back at different times throughout the season. The centre of midfield is pretty light with those injuries, but there is enough quality to make do until Geiger comes back (due back in 2 months).

I've just got to the first 1st round of the DFB-Pokal, against Paderborn, and I'm feeling optimistic. Enough decent youngsters to bulk up the squad and the team has played OK in pre-season. I am a little unsure of what tactics to go for as it stands though. Toying with a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3 DM. 

Is anyone else starting with Hoffenhein? Any suggestions for tactics or player roles?

Man, first season in the top division now with Dynamo Dresden (finished 4th in first season, 1st in second), it's about to start and I'm really dreading it. Somehow in their wisdom the board despite basically worshipping me gave me an even smaller transfer budget than I had last season, how the hell am I supposed to survive in the league with 2m pound budget? 

I got FIVE loan signings - Cardona and some winger from Monaco, Fein and Zirkzee (for a second season, bossed the second division last year with 20 goals) from Bayern and Janelt from Hamburg. Just can't afford anyone permanently and the squad is ridiculously young now. Gonna be a long season, have to hope the other weak teams like Mainz (promoted with me) and Augsburg will do even worse, games VS them will be real 6 pointers.