FM19- Bundesliga Thread

lblanc

3 hours ago, Juugo said:

I have always used Borussia Dortmund in the BuLi. Always dominated everytime. I am thinking of doing same but BVB is more of an unknown quantity to me in recent times.

I've posted an overview of there team on this thread. They are a truly great team, not much real work is needed.

I only brought in 3 players during the first transfer window. Cillessen in goal but tbh Burki can well do a job if are happy for him to. Milik as Paco Alcacer is your only senior striker but Isak is decent. And Donny Van de Beek but this was more due to the players wanting more cover in midfield (turned out to be a bug).

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the first season in the Bundesliga with Dynamo Dresden wasn't that bad after all as we spent most of the season in the top half. Had a miserable run of form in December and January going 8 games without a win but finished strongly in 7th qualifying for the EL. Recorded possibly the biggest result in this club's history since the unification trashing Werder Bremen 5-0 away. 

Big over achievement but unfortunately my thunder was stolen by Hamburg who over achieved even more and lost the title to Bayern in the 94th min of the last game, to an own goal. Had a good chuckle at that but their manager won the award regardless. 

The board actually set the summer's transfer budget at over 20m with a huge wage budget but I still decided to leave and join Stuttgart. Was actually offered interviews at various bigger clubs throughout the season including Dortmund but didn't want to walk in the middle of the season. Rich finances, superb facilities and a higher reputation still make Stuttgart a step up. 

Lemme tell you, never seen a squad with so much deadwood. We're not in Europe so I had a huge clear out and brought in Cutrone, Brekalo from a relegated Wolfsburg, Razvan Marin and Javi Ontiveros. Basically overhauled the front 3 with my own players. 

Clubhopping in Germany is fun. 

Edited by bar333

18 hours ago, bar333 said:

So the first season in the Bundesliga with Dynamo Dresden wasn't that bad after all as we spent most of the season in the top half. Had a miserable run of form in December and January going 8 games without a win but finished strongly in 7th qualifying for the EL. Recorded possibly the biggest result in this club's history since the unification trashing Werder Bremen 5-0 away. 

Big over achievement but unfortunately my thunder was stolen by Hamburg who over achieved even more and lost the title to Bayern in the 94th min of the last game, to an own goal. Had a good chuckle at that but their manager won the award regardless. 

The board actually set the summer's transfer budget at over 20m with a huge wage budget but I still decided to leave and join Stuttgart. Was actually offered interviews at various bigger clubs throughout the season including Dortmund but didn't want to walk in the middle of the season. Rich finances, superb facilities and a higher reputation still make Stuttgart a step up. 

Lemme tell you, never seen a squad with so much deadwood. We're not in Europe so I had a huge clear out and brought in Cutrone, Brekalo from a relegated Wolfsburg, Razvan Marin and Javi Ontiveros. Basically overhauled the front 3 with my own players. 

Clubhopping in Germany is fun. 

Haha that is the most devastating result I've ever heard of for Hamburg. ABsolutely brutal. Club hopping keeps the game alive for me too, fixing awful squads and then leaving once I set them up TOO well.

Love playing in Germany. Even more this year after the licencing. I usually play with Leverkusen, but after winning Bundesliga 1st season, i got bored. 

I want to do a long term save in Germany, and need a challenge, so decided to start with St. Pauli. A team i always have wanted to manage om FM, but havent until now. Will update after the season. 

7 hours ago, matsnor21 said:

Love playing in Germany. Even more this year after the licencing. I usually play with Leverkusen, but after winning Bundesliga 1st season, i got bored. 

I want to do a long term save in Germany, and need a challenge, so decided to start with St. Pauli. A team i always have wanted to manage om FM, but havent until now. Will update after the season. 

Look forward to seeing how you get on with FCSP.

My go to team upon new releases of FM, a few promising youngsters, some good experienced players, sprinkled with a few names that had promising youth careers but never quite made it.

Fliting between using a 4-2-3-1and 4-1-4-1.

Buballa having a great first half to the season as a wing back, Neudecker establishing a place in central midfield as a DLP. When fit Moller-Daehli getting assists and goals, and Miyaichi performing the same. The surprise for me is Henk Veerman up front, a 6ft 6in target man with no more than average heading stats, have him playing as PF(S/A), 11 goals in the first half of the season.

Currently sitting 4th at the winter break, no signings made so far, well three Stoke players who have been put in the U23 team. Some deadwood look to be leaving during January, Hornschuh, Allagui and Schneider.

One thing I've noticed is there are quite a few regens at the start of the game that are very promising, especially in Germany.

Signed up four or five 15 years olds for my FCSP U19s. One not far away from promotion to the u23s/fringe first team, only problem,  he can't play for either side until he is 17.

Can anyone recommend or talk against Timo Horn from Köln?

With Köln down in the 2.Bundesliga, I imagine he should be somewhat easy to poach away? (Haven't gotten the game yet). Has anyone signed him, and if so, for how much?

Horn doesn't have the aerial qualities I demand in my current team - Aerial Reach, Command of Area, Communication - but he's always been a steal at around £15m on both FM17 and 18 for teams at the top level. Certainly you're not finding a better German keeper unless you're Barcelona, Bayern or Arsenal and you already have one. 

On 22/11/2018 at 00:54, mmladja said:

SS of Vagnoman and Arp after 4-5 seasons, anyone? 

Vagnoman is downgraded after the last patch.

but dont let that stop you from buying, he was downgraded from a “football icon” potential to a “star of the team” level

He’ll still be really good!

Edited by CapaJr

Very dynamic league once again.

Interestingly, in my save (granted after only 5 games) but Bayern is only 9th. Top is Schalke, Werder, Dortmund.

Out of curiosity, how is Bayern doing in your saves?

From the screenshots I have seen here, they seem to grab 3rd or 4th?

On 19/11/2018 at 22:43, lblanc said:

I've posted an overview of there team on this thread. They are a truly great team, not much real work is needed.

I only brought in 3 players during the first transfer window. Cillessen in goal but tbh Burki can well do a job if are happy for him to. Milik as Paco Alcacer is your only senior striker but Isak is decent. And Donny Van de Beek but this was more due to the players wanting more cover in midfield (turned out to be a bug).

Okay brov, I would search the thread for it.

On 22/10/2018 at 18:30, lblanc said:

My players complained about lack of midfield depth too :lol: I thought it may have been due to me selling Kagawa so I brought in another midfielder in the form of Donny van de Beek 6m up front rising to 12m with add-ons.

Having kept hold of Julian Weigl I now have 6 options for the midfield which is good as I can field 3 variations over League, CL, DFB Cup

Witsel-Delaney

Weigl-Dahoud

Donny-Gomez

So I'm happy in that sense

Frenkie De Jong or De Ligt? Who's the better bet?

On 03/12/2018 at 12:01, Juugo said:

Frenkie De Jong or De Ligt? Who's the better bet?

Haven't actually managed either tbh, but I've heard good things

Donny van De Beek has been very good for me and was cheaper then De Jong (Though I think de jong has higher potential).

For me Donny will replace Witsel maybe during my 3rd season currently half way through the 2nd

image.png.b4279b9ca79296a7488b2377f92a6bca.png

Borussia Dortmund

Season Zwei

Been awhile since I played my Dortmund save now up to start of January

image.thumb.png.37eeeaa4835c861b8b62c9bd2a845737.png

I have a nice healthy lead in the Bundesliga one could say.

Champions League group phase went perfectly too

image.thumb.png.745a07e2ff9acbf1723b8d851e0591b0.png

And Through to the 3rd round of the DFB Pokal to play Hamburg.

So just like the first half of Season 1 I remain unbeaten

September seen my only dropped points at home to Hannover

image.thumb.png.17a74a8ca38c9625b9ed1883e6e358b6.png

But since then it's been 100%

image.thumb.png.4906070891604f8bc328fb6841532b25.pngimage.thumb.png.7ece62635609eb16fa8168832bb7b5b3.png

Paco Alcacer and Jadon Sancho have been my two main men this season scoring 21 goals between them. Reus with 9 goals.

One outgoing and two Incomings for the January Window.

First in for only 14.25M

Wilkommen zu Dortmund

image.png.69566c969127c1c2a1d4ed15eec41349.png

Benjamin Pavard

The French World Cup winner had been relegated with Stuttgart last season surprisingly  remained there for the first 6 months. I got a scout report from him after asking one of my scouts to view the Euro Qualifiers and was even more surprised to see that he had a 14.25m release clause which no one had activated 

Spoiler

Stats wise his ability speaks for itself

image.thumb.png.42eb1e2a3108b8df708b20c5b8655026.png

With me bringing in a defender that meant one had to go, I was really tempted to accept a 40m offer for Akanji from Real Madrid but then Leeds made a 10m offer for Kevin Danso , letting me recoup the fee I paid for him in January last year so I accepted that and rejected the Akanji offer (One he didn't moan about surprisingly)

The other incoming is one for the future who one my scouts recommended after scouting an U19 International game after one my players was involved

For the small fee of 1.7m Ivan Martinez came in from Osasuna B (Eric Oelschlägel also went there as part of the deal)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.6a60d4d4678e3238e35b7365dea3efee.png

For a youngster he has superb aerial reach and reflexes I'm hoping that 17 Determination makes him work hard and fulfill that Potential ability rating

Leipzig are the opposite of OP in my save, consistently underachieving year in year out, new manager every season. They sold Werner to Bayern a while ago though (I'm in 22\23 season), he's done well there but still on the transfer list atm.

On 06/12/2018 at 03:00, lblanc said:

Borussia Dortmund

Season Zwei

Been awhile since I played my Dortmund save now up to start of January

image.thumb.png.37eeeaa4835c861b8b62c9bd2a845737.png

I have a nice healthy lead in the Bundesliga one could say.

Champions League group phase went perfectly too

image.thumb.png.745a07e2ff9acbf1723b8d851e0591b0.png

And Through to the 3rd round of the DFB Pokal to play Hamburg.

So just like the first half of Season 1 I remain unbeaten

September seen my only dropped points at home to Hannover

image.thumb.png.17a74a8ca38c9625b9ed1883e6e358b6.png

But since then it's been 100%

image.thumb.png.4906070891604f8bc328fb6841532b25.pngimage.thumb.png.7ece62635609eb16fa8168832bb7b5b3.png

Paco Alcacer and Jadon Sancho have been my two main men this season scoring 21 goals between them. Reus with 9 goals.

One outgoing and two Incomings for the January Window.

First in for only 14.25M

Wilkommen zu Dortmund

image.png.69566c969127c1c2a1d4ed15eec41349.png

Benjamin Pavard

The French World Cup winner had been relegated with Stuttgart last season surprisingly  remained there for the first 6 months. I got a scout report from him after asking one of my scouts to view the Euro Qualifiers and was even more surprised to see that he had a 14.25m release clause which no one had activated 

Reveal hidden contents

Stats wise his ability speaks for itself

image.thumb.png.42eb1e2a3108b8df708b20c5b8655026.png

With me bringing in a defender that meant one had to go, I was really tempted to accept a 40m offer for Akanji from Real Madrid but then Leeds made a 10m offer for Kevin Danso , letting me recoup the fee I paid for him in January last year so I accepted that and rejected the Akanji offer (One he didn't moan about surprisingly)

The other incoming is one for the future who one my scouts recommended after scouting an U19 International game after one my players was involved

For the small fee of 1.7m Ivan Martinez came in from Osasuna B (Eric Oelschlägel also went there as part of the deal)

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.6a60d4d4678e3238e35b7365dea3efee.png

For a youngster he has superb aerial reach and reflexes I'm hoping that 17 Determination makes him work hard and fulfill that Potential ability rating

On my save benjamin pavard has 31,5 million release clause. Through out the first season nobody tracks him. Want to buy him but his wage demands 180k-220k per week. 

18 hours ago, aandjunaidi said:

On my save benjamin pavard has 31,5 million release clause. Through out the first season nobody tracks him. Want to buy him but his wage demands 180k-220k per week. 

must have been a relegation release clause that Stuttgart put in

2 hours ago, aandjunaidi said:

nah, check on pre-game editor he has no relegation clause.his release clause set on 31,5 million on pre-game editor.

As I said he must have signed a new contract in game with the clause

1 hour ago, Carlf788 said:

I've noticed Frankfurt seem to have some class players and are a good team. I had no idea they were that good

Indeed, the team is stacked with decent enough players to try out different kinds of tactical set up from the go. There are many teams with better overall potential levels of players, really; but there's not too much disparity between the first team players to the rest of the squad so the depth should be more than adequate to reach even higher than the level being expected from the team initially.

Good team to pick if you enjoy being the surprise package to challenge the upper tier of the league and in Europe. Should be pretty cool if you can replicate their 100% win rate in the Europa League's group stage this season :cool:

1 hour ago, bangkonggedek said:

Indeed, the team is stacked with decent enough players to try out different kinds of tactical set up from the go. There are many teams with better overall potential levels of players, really; but there's not too much disparity between the first team players to the rest of the squad so the depth should be more than adequate to reach even higher than the level being expected from the team initially.

Good team to pick if you enjoy being the surprise package to challenge the upper tier of the league and in Europe. Should be pretty cool if you can replicate their 100% win rate in the Europa League's group stage this season :cool:

Yeah they won the Europa league on my Marseille save and knocked me out in the semis. Willems and rebic are top quality 

6 hours ago, DoubleDenimSuccess said:

Can anybody tell me if Bayer Leverkusen start with any debts? as in repaying loans and if so when do they expire?

Much appreciated

I remember seeing a bank loan which due to finish in 2029, but can't remember what is the monthly fee,

Borussia Dortmund

Season Zwei

7/8 games left to go 

Immortality is on the line

With the Bundesliga in the bag already won in March with 7 games left to play

image.thumb.png.4b9d9d7cc21e1809c51327786a23d0a2.png

4 games stand in my way of an invincible season, one more win and I equal Bayern's record of 29 wins in a season another after that and I better it, 6 points from 12 and I set a new Bundesliga record of 92 points.

image.png.e8b8f5e779909aa704f898d90f516f2d.png

Some tough games to Finish up.

In between all that is the small matter of the Champions League

image.thumb.png.f20b7a4a8948647dca1f1b9e78859463.png

A narrow victory over Napoli 2-1 at home coupled with a 0-0 in Naples has seen me through to play Real Madrid. If I beat them over the two legs then it will be either PSG or the team who denied me the treble last season Man City who had lost their first leg away to United only to win 3-0 in the Etihad.

Before any potential Champions League final the DFB Pokal needs retaining

image.png.c8866a6a84aa7e065351d39db625f8fd.png

Stuttgart stand in my way of that

Can i do it the end of season view coming soon

Edited by lblanc

5 minutes ago, john1 said:

Good luck against Stuttgart!

I am really temptewd to jump on the bandwagon and start with Red Bull!

Thanks 

Leipzig were brilliant in the first season, pushed me right to the end this season they really struggled Nagelsmann has been fighting for his job the past 3 months but is still there. If they fail to qualify for Europe I'd say he'll be gone at the end of the season

6 minutes ago, lblanc said:

Thanks 

Leipzig were brilliant in the first season, pushed me right to the end this season they really struggled Nagelsmann has been fighting for his job the past 3 months but is still there. If they fail to qualify for Europe I'd say he'll be gone at the end of the season

I am always intrigued with Leipzig, especially with players like Werner and Forsberg :D  

Borussia Dortmund

Season Zwei

Where I left off, we had 4 games left in the league, A German Cup final and a semi final tie vs Real Madrid

League

so 4 games left for an invincible league campaign.

First up was RB Leipzig the team who ran me so close last season for the league and so far the only team to beat me in the Bundesliga

A tight game but a 24th minute Jadon Sancho penalty was enough to win it

image.png.8c06a6352f924e13e9f147acf2935526.png

A semi final with Real Madrid followed but more about that later, next up in the league was Mainz a win would see me break both the Bundesliga wins and points record.

But it would have to wait, a spirited Mainz team scoring two in the last 5 minutes to draw 3-3, disappointing but we moved on

image.png.3d2b40c2794fe5f604ed6459d6726d0b.png 

Next up in the league was our Ruhr Rivals Schalke 04 at home. A stoppage time winner by Pulisic got me the Bundesliga points and win record it also dented Schalke's Champions League hopes.

image.png.483f17f1622e8f991d71044eefb7403a.png

The final game of the season against the relegated Dusseldorf, win or draw and it was an unbeaten Bundesliga campaign, I'd like to say I finished in style but  a simple 1-0 was enough

image.png.36a1e6dbc32b1806bd4fa417881c47b5.png

INVINCIBLE!!! 

image.thumb.png.0c66e11e2e39b4bb5ffbf4f8167527ec.png

A great league campaign by Hannover seen them finish 3rd and qualify for the Champions League. Werder Bremen on the other hand had a season to forget getting relegated via the playoffs after losing to Holstein Kiel.

German Cup

image.png.b5b5ab6a3621e20787c02f338399438a.png

An early goal by Pereira and another by Pulisic brought the Double, in a comfortable win.

Champions League

So the quest for the treble.

The semi final seen me play Real Madrid

image.png.abdd0359dbd092911a491083fa50c9f8.png

In the first leg a late Pulisic goal gave me a lead going into the second leg at home, Paco Alcacer has missed an earlier penalty which would have made it more comfortable.

image.png.f591699aff305cd191ad925359c79721.png

But I needn't have been worried as at home we were fantastic 4-1, giving me a 5-1 aggregate lead.

Man City would await me in the final after they convincingly seen off PSG 8-3 on aggregate (5-1 at home and 3-2 away)

So that set up a rematch of last year. 

A chance for the treble and revenge...

image.png.76fe62ba727b4355a3c9ea307de06000.png

Pereira was the hero two goals , Pulisic and Reus rounded off a fantastic way to complete the season and the treble and full unbeaten season.

Borussia Dortmund

Season Zwei

Full Results

July and August

image.thumb.png.c127f537ca1e92845c8bc8b44d118163.png

September and October

image.thumb.png.abf41f010e66ccc8964a4ca94a6d3ef7.png

November and December

image.thumb.png.78345938f172e4461f885585ff13a1bd.png

January and February

image.thumb.png.3884320921763c6fda19027ff5319184.png

March and April

image.thumb.png.fd41dde764eb9dadd9481ca830ae22f1.png

May

image.thumb.png.f4d7cfef203a45b22bc1e97ac43d8876.png

Stats

Top Scorer

1. Arkadiusz Milik - 21 goals

2. Jadon Sancho- 20 goals

3. Andreas Pereira- 18 Goals

Player of the Season

With 12 Man of the Match performances twice as many as any other player, 

image.png.37dbdaf8980f5bf455d6d2fc98f2d75d.png

Andreas Pereira

Brought in on a free transfer he has been fantastic I would highly recommend anyone to sign him if you have the chance

Plans for next season

I'm extremely happy with my squad no real changes are needed, A few players will leave though with Guerreiro being the most high profile after he requested to leave. Phillip, Wolf, Origi and Schmelzer may be others.

One player who will not be a player next season will be Lukasz Piszczek with the Pole retiring and joining my U19 Coaching Team.

Summer shall be packed as I've taken on the France U23 Team for the Olympics. 

Edited by lblanc

1 hour ago, zlatanera said:

@lblanc what role are you playing Pereira in? He's been immense for me at United either as WP-At on the right or W-At on the left, although he's 3rd choice in both positions behind Mata, Havertz, Lingard, Thomas (amazing regen) now and will likely end up sold. 

Playing in the Attacking midfield  support role in the centre of Sancho (who overtook Reus mostly due to injuries ) and Pulisic on the right. 

I brought him in initially to provide an alternative to Gotze and Phillip in that position but he has over taken both of them. He does have a nice  (Slightly annoying at times though when it comes off it's amazing ) tendency to shoot from distance and is amazing via any set piece close to the goal I'd say at least 12 of the 18 goals he scored for me during the season were screamers.

5 minutes ago, lblanc said:

Playing in the Attacking midfield  support role in the centre of Sancho (who overtook Reus mostly due to injuries ) and Pulisic on the right. 

I brought him in initially to provide an alternative to Gotze and Phillip in that position but he has over taken both of them. He does have a nice  (Slightly annoying at times though when it comes off it's amazing ) tendency to shoot from distance and is amazing via any set piece close to the goal I'd say at least 12 of the 18 goals he scored for me during the season were screamers.

Yeah he scored a hat-trick in his only start so far in 19/20 for me - free kick from the right, free kick from the left, penalty. All of his goals and assists seem to be from set pieces, but half the time he wins the set pieces either by having a shot saved / blocked or being fouled as he dribbles. 

1 hour ago, zlatanera said:

Yeah he scored a hat-trick in his only start so far in 19/20 for me - free kick from the right, free kick from the left, penalty. All of his goals and assists seem to be from set pieces, but half the time he wins the set pieces either by having a shot saved / blocked or being fouled as he dribbles. 

Yep he's both footed I think I've trained him to arrive late in the box and he has gotten a few from that too. He's been my best signing in the game so far considering I got him on a free.

I've decided to let Nick Pope go, (on loan to Inter with an option to buy), can anyone recommend a decent sub keeper (Someone who might challenge my number 1 Cillessen). 

Edit Pope has decided to stay

Edited by lblanc

Borussia Dortmund

Season Drei

So begins the 3rd season after my amazing treble winning season last year I have a lot to live up to. 

My expectations are to win the League and the Cup and to reach Quarter Finals of Champions League which i'm quite happy with and believe I can fulfill.

Transfers Out:

image.thumb.png.0f2c2ac9772814668ce1eba283f50001.png

Guerreiro wanted to leave 63m was the most I could tempt from Spurs (Who seem to have a habit of buying my players Burki and Witsel)- [I shall play them in the Super Cup so it will be nice to come up against them.

Philipp slipped down the pecking order last year and I didn't really play him so 22.5m was a good offer for him.

Schurrle went to Burnley 

And the rest being youngsters i've sent to get game time, especially Arp who won't be ahead of Milik or Paco just yet, Origi is still at the club too and he played well last year when the other two had injuries his pace is an asset, I do have plans to sell him but it may wait until January or next summer.

Transfers In

image.thumb.png.3ec1db9049c390fdcecc1bd05a9682ad.png

Aaron Martin

With Raph going I needed another lb to replace him as Horn isn't quite ready yet and Schmelzer is starting to decline (may also be sold) Martin while a bit expensive had a fantastic season from Mainz and as you'll see below has turned into a fantastic player 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d56ccf516682189a175358ca3e808acf.png

Adeyemi is someone Ricken picked up on and suggested at only 18 he is one for the future, he's in discussions to go out on loan to Rapid Vienna , he has some decent stats which hopefully he can improve upon whilst away.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.40137b07a8ec0af0a04e89c35a1c510f.png

As I also stated in a previous post I've taken on the side project of winning Olympic Gold with France

The below is the 18 man squad I selected

image.thumb.png.d3e9cfbc1d155f12335e90bd6cbca872.png

Not a bad squad 3 World Cup Winners (I would have selected Mendy too had he not been injured)

Leo Dubois was selected for his ability to play both left and right back

I shall update on that too in my next update which shall cover up to my first Bundesliga game.

Edited by lblanc

On 07/12/2018 at 13:48, daho said:

Is it just my saves or is Leipzig so OP in yours as well? They are always dominating and Werner is insane as well

Bayern won the league first two seasons in my save but RB Leipzig dominated the third season, clinching the title by thrashing Bayern 3-0 in May.

For me, I got my Dynamo Dresden promoted to BL1 at the end of the 2nd season, we were predicted 18th, and that looked spot on until November when we started a 16 game unbeaten run taking us as high as 4th at one point. Of course that was followed by a 6 game winless run though, and a 7th place finish.

I somehow got Alex Isak from Dortmund for just £2.3m in the 2nd summer window after he requested a transfer. That and loans of the likes of Angel Gomez and Sheyi Ojo have worked wonders for us.

Gedion Zelalem has also been a superb servant, signed for £250k in the first window he has been a first team regular from day one to now, consistently outperforming his 2.5 star rating and becoming a firm fan favourite.

Last attempt on a long term Bundesliga save. After some tries with Leverkusen, i decided to give it a go with Mainz. Will do a post on it when the season ends. But just have to post a picture of the league table with 5 games to go! What a crazy end to the season.

2ih9kdi.png