Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/11/2016 at 00:35, Llainen said:

Skjermbilde 2016-11-11 kl. 01.16.49.png

Please keep this kind of rubbish off the forum. ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm really enjoying my FMT17 game, only in my 2nd season but it's looking like a good save.

Just a couple of things, on this screen > k1GeWC.jpg as you can see no Player  Man of the match is shown, and also in match overview screen no star next to Player Man of the match like there was in FMC15.

Another thing is I'm getting a lot of cards, not done anything different with my tactics compared to other years but got 8 reds in season 1, so far no reds in season 2 but a lot of yellows, 32 so far and just at start of December.

1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Does anyone know when Brexit actually happens within the game?

Is it hard-coded for a certain date or period?

I've heard that it can happen between two and ten years into a save but I'm not 100% sure how accurate that is. From personal experience and from hearing about other people's saves, it looks like three years in is a safe bet. 

1 minute ago, Deisler26 said:

Please!

Have you got a hard Brexit save?

Yes, my Weston-super-Mare career save got a hard Brexit. All players of non-UK nationality require work permits, even those currently at the club when you offer them a new contract.

I have ten file rolling auto save on so I'll upload the one with the furthest back game date in the morning :)

Morning all,

Been like 5 years it seems since I last posted in the forums, recently started playing FM again when purchasing a new laptop. Had been reading the forums for a week or so before signing in so good to see a fair few recogniseable names still here, but seems alot quieter than years gone by.

When I was last here we had a thread where users could update their saves in without creating their own one. Is that still a thing? If it will be used I will happily create one and go from there.

2 hours ago, deltablue said:

There is a mini-updates thread. It's no longer a sticky but there is a link in the Forum HQ thread. 

Thanks

Doesn't seem to have much activity in there. May create my own thread despite not having many screenshots for my first season.

10 minutes ago, JanuszZajac16 said:

Welcome. Probably I know answer to my question but still need to ask. Can we describe our saves in SI games like CM 01/02 or others?

Was just gonna reply with the same as below.

Just now, Deisler26 said:

Absolutely (as far as I know)

As long as it is a game SI were involved in then it doesn't matter what version.

I'm just about ready to start my new thread.  I know, I know, I started one a little while back, but to be honest I just didn't get into it.  I raced ahead too quickly and the thought of updating years and years and pages and pages of screenshots was just too much.  Especially when I was absolutely dreadful.  

So instead I'm finally putting a dream of mine I've had since FM13 in place.   Using the editor, I'll be completely replacing Oceania and South America with my own custom continents.  That will mean 25 completely fantasy nations with their own clubs, structure and little quirks.  Planning on doing something a little different with the thread too, perhaps not even adding a manager at all until later on in the thread, just letting you into the world that's been created.  Stay tuned.

On 11/22/2016 at 15:19, forameuss said:

I'm just about ready to start my new thread.  I know, I know, I started one a little while back, but to be honest I just didn't get into it.  I raced ahead too quickly and the thought of updating years and years and pages and pages of screenshots was just too much.  Especially when I was absolutely dreadful.  

So instead I'm finally putting a dream of mine I've had since FM13 in place.   Using the editor, I'll be completely replacing Oceania and South America with my own custom continents.  That will mean 25 completely fantasy nations with their own clubs, structure and little quirks.  Planning on doing something a little different with the thread too, perhaps not even adding a manager at all until later on in the thread, just letting you into the world that's been created.  Stay tuned.

Sounds amazing. Why not let some of the forum regulars have a club? I mean we give you colours, names, etc. Then we can see how the club gets on in the world

14 hours ago, Peter G said:

Struggling a lot on what team to stick with this year. Throw me some suggestions guys.

Edinburgh City, Dusseldorf, Aston Villa, Luton Town

On 11/27/2016 at 05:48, Deisler26 said:

Sounds amazing. Why not let some of the forum regulars have a club? I mean we give you colours, names, etc. Then we can see how the club gets on in the world

Perhaps.  Would like to keep things consistent with the naming of the nations etc, but will see once everything I want in is in.

Greetings everyone!

This is my first post here on forums. I just finished my 7th season with Boston Utd. Currently playing 8th season. I'm having a tough times in my 2nd season in Sky Bet league 1. This is how my last season finished:

KYYoRU7.jpg

If anyone would like to know something more about this journey, I'll be glad to post some more screens.

Anyway, I'm not paying any fees for players. Only acquiring them for free or from my youth teams.

Charter flight carrying Chapecoense to its Copa Sudamericana final match crashes in Colombia killing 75 people. Apparently only 6 people, 3 players, survived.

I remember someone in these forums managed them during a journeyman save a few years ago. Think it was @AcidBurn ?

4 minutes ago, Jason the Yank said:

Charter flight carrying Chapecoense to its Copa Sudamericana final match crashes in Colombia killing 75 people. Apparently only 6 people, 3 players, survived.

I remember someone in these forums managed them during a journeyman save a few years ago. Think it was @AcidBurn ?

I must admit that I have never heard of them. I've never played in Brazil, (or South America for that matter), but since I heard the news I've learned a little more about them. The whole thing is just staggering and I'm astonished that anyone has survived. 

A plane crash with any loss of life is awful at any time, but there is something much more significant about losing a whole team like this. 

The whole thing is really sobering. :(

On 28/11/2016 at 22:45, Kcinnay said:

My best defensive streak in FM ever. It had to end someday. And with less than 50% of possession on average.

RSC Anderlecht_  Wedstrijden Eerste elftal.png

This made me realise that if someone plays FM enough, they could use it to learn another language by changing it in the options, knowing instinctively what each word should say in English or (whatever the person's native language is).

(Also reminds me of when I would change the language in the options of FIFA years ago when playing as a foreign team. For some reason this included 'American', which added the logo for Sure body spray to the pause menu and changed 'Man of the Match' to 'Player of the Game'.)

22 hours ago, Jason the Yank said:

Ever since that save I've played as them on every FM mainly because as I rose to the top league on game they went and did the same in real life. Obviously a massive tragedy, the team were defying the odds and then this happens truly awful.

Finished 11th season with Foggia. Won Serie C, then promoted from Serie B, relegated, promoted again... Won only Supercup once. Last few seasons, I'm second or third but Juve is dominating.

oGiPi8K.png

But Europe is conquered.

s727ijX.png

tJFGH0v.png

Given the Forum Bugs forum is dead and pointless, I'll ask here: Does anyone else get this?

I tried to log in but it said the password was incorrect and eventually locked me out for 5 minutes. I put in the password manually and it worked that time.

Now when I post, I get an error and it posts the post twice:

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX1048

Now watch as it posts this twice.

Given the Forum Bugs forum is dead and pointless, I'll ask here: Does anyone else get this?

I tried to log in but it said the password was incorrect and eventually locked me out for 5 minutes. I put in the password manually and it worked that time.

Now when I post, I get an error and it posts the post twice:

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX1048

Now watch as it posts this twice.

So after a lot of save hopping this year I am going to try and stick with my latest save that I started unemployed.

I managed to get the York City job who are around £5k per week over wage budget so will have to work with the squad I currently have for now, I set up my first game in a 4-4-2 with 2 supporting full backs a Wa on the left and Wms on the right with a b2b and CMs with a DFs and Pa upfront.

My first game was against Vanarama National AFC Telford which we dominated for 70 mins before they came back into it in the last 20 mins and we took a 2-1 win our 2nd goal a wonderful patient build up using the ball well. During this match I had a little tweak of the TI's and ended up with 7! Far too many for me so after the game I wanted to change things a bit so dropped my CMs to DMs changed my WMs to a Ws and the RB to a WBa and this worked with devastating consequences for Torquay United who I was facing giving us a 4-1 home win although last 15-20 again they came back into the game so this is something I need to address. I am currently playing a control fluid formation and all the players are looking for the ball and we patiently probe for space to exploit, im sure once I can bring in my own players I will be able to guide York back into the football league ✌?️

Stuck on the most devilishly difficult part of a FM career.

Picking a team....

I do have a plan(ish), it's just to pick where to do it. Currently thinking stay within Europe, but not England/Germany/Spain/Italy/France/Portugal, probably not Holland or Norway either.

8 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Stuck on the most devilishly difficult part of a FM career.

Picking a team....

I do have a plan(ish), it's just to pick where to do it. Currently thinking stay within Europe, but not England/Germany/Spain/Italy/France/Portugal, probably not Holland or Norway either.

Another monster team or something different? ;)

9 minutes ago, the--dud said:

Another monster team or something different? ;)

Oh, something completely different. Building a team around a specific set of philosophies and tactics of one of my favourite coaches. The twist being that the coach is Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots, not a football(well, "our" football) coach.

Not even sure it's possible, but some of it should be convertible, picking hardworking team players, versatility, discipline and setting up separate tactics based on his defensive and offensive styles(hard enough in it's own right as the Patriots have played with many different styles of offence and defence).

I have some of it planned out, as I say, and an idea for a defensive(well, probably set to counter) tactic.

Decided to try and restore Parma to former glory, after quite easy back to back promotions Serie A has been a lot trickier.  Been trying to build a young squad and during the first two years was predominantly loan players.  Signed a Brazilian wonderkid but I messed up my non-eu quota so hes ineligible.  Had to switch my 3-5-2 formation to a 4-5-1 as without full backs was getting exploited on the flanks and conceding too many goals to cross.  Currently sitting in 14th and only a few points above the drop zone at the halfway point 

1 hour ago, BoxToBox said:

Oh, something completely different. Building a team around a specific set of philosophies and tactics of one of my favourite coaches. The twist being that the coach is Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots, not a football(well, "our" football) coach.

Not even sure it's possible, but some of it should be convertible, picking hardworking team players, versatility, discipline and setting up separate tactics based on his defensive and offensive styles(hard enough in it's own right as the Patriots have played with many different styles of offence and defence).

I have some of it planned out, as I say, and an idea for a defensive(well, probably set to counter) tactic.

Didn't know there were 'spy on opposition' and 'deflate ball' options on FM :D 

1 hour ago, argento said:

Decided to try and restore Parma to former glory, after quite easy back to back promotions Serie A has been a lot trickier.  Been trying to build a young squad and during the first two years was predominantly loan players.  Signed a Brazilian wonderkid but I messed up my non-eu quota so hes ineligible.  Had to switch my 3-5-2 formation to a 4-5-1 as without full backs was getting exploited on the flanks and conceding too many goals to cross.  Currently sitting in 14th and only a few points above the drop zone at the halfway point 

I also got promoted playing a 3-5-2 and then at a higher level found out I got exploited ruthlessly down the flanks! But that was with Stourbridge from the Vanarama North to the Vanarama National... :D

Archived