dafuge's FM18 challenge

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Billericay_Town_F.C._Logo.png.32bd70e6111cc19005a97e661d1ec766.png

Billericay Town F.C. 

Season Update 2019-2020

Vanarama National League

Table | Squad |  Transfers | Finances | Youth Intake | Injury Summary | Manager Profile

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | Fixtures 3

Board Expectations & Achieved

Vanarama National League: Mid Table| Won Title 

English FA Cup: Reach Third Round | Reached Fourth Round got knocked out by Liverpool

English FA Trophy: Reach Fourth Round | Won Trophy

So overall overachieved on the board's expectations!

The new season brought in loads of change in the playing squad, with nearly all players getting replaced by new ones. Only Elliot Justham (GK), Jamie O'Hara (CM) being able to hold on to the place through the season. However, Elliot got replaced by James Shea in the third half of the season. My favourite from last season Asa Hall refusing to sign a new contract, Jamie still continued to contribute with 10 assists from the midfield though it was the winger who wreaked havoc from the wings. Michael Donohue scoring 14 and assisting 13 & Kyle Reid scoring 13 and assisting 17. None of the strikers could make the lone striker spot their own.

Billericay_Town_Players_Stats.png

In the league, we had a fantastic start winning the first five matches comfortably before going into the worst form I have faced yet. In the next 10 matches, we won 2 games, losing 2 and drawing 6 games before we started pulling the right direction the start of November saw us fly up the league, losing only 1 game till the end of the season. 

This was the year of Giant killing, English FA Cup brought us loads of great games. In the 3rd Round Away against Southampton we went in without any pressure and came away with an amazing result holding our own against Premier League team drawing 2-2 and forcing a replay. In the replay at home, considering it a lost cause I went all in and to my surprise, the team pulled a 1-0 win! The 4th Round has us teamed up against league leaders Liverpool at home we expected to get mauled so set up an extremely defensive tactic to have the score a respectable loss. However, the team continued to defy my expectations and pulled out an unbelievable 1-1 draw and forcing a replay at Anfield. The replay was a sure-fire mauling expected and again went in with a defensive setup losing 0-5. The cup run earned us good money with both the Southampton Away and Liverpool at home being selected for TV. This surely propped up our coffers a lot! With nearly 2 million Euros coming in from Gate Receipts and TV money.

English_FA_Cup_Overview_Stages.png

The FA Trophy, was a pretty much straight run through going through each opponent with easy before Bath forced a replay in the 4th Round by drawing 1-1 at our home ground. However, the replay away saw a more motivated team winning easily 3-0. The Semi-Final saw us go up against Boston Utd the away leg ending in a 0-0 draw and the home leg finishing 1-1 forcing a penalty shootout to get the result which we won 5-4. The Final against FC United was a dull affair with neither side able to score a goal and the winner decided by a penalty scored by Club Icon Jamie O'Hara in the 48th minute and winning us the trophy! A fitting game for departing club icon in his last match!

Twice I have wrote the complete report but for some reason my browser kept crashing and I have lost it all! At this time I am in no mood to write it all again for the third time. So this is an incomplete report which I might come back to finish at a later date.

@High Flying Dwarf  @Warhawk

5pmMB7S.png

Lancaster City

Vanarama National League 2021-2022

Year-End Update

Calendar

tVin6X7m.jpg     qv9GS5Sm.jpg

Competitions

Sky Bet League Two

We had a few significant additions this season, but most of the major changes from last season's team were in the form of loans.  At goalkeeper we brought in Josh Vickers, most recently of Port Vale and on his 9th team.  Not sure he's the guy going forward for us either (we seem to be going through keepers at a fairly fast clip) but he did well enough for me to exercise an optional extension I put in his contract.  At left back, given Jordan Mills' injury (which kept him out into November) and lack of development, we brought in a regen named Billy Perry, who originally came through West Ham's system before spending a year at King's Lynn.  At right wing we brought in 25 year old Ross Maclean, most recently with Boston United, who was solid for us.  Finally, at central defender we brought in a regen named Arran Baucutt, who came through with Watford and was most recently with Dulwich Hamlet, who saw limited time early in the season but played in 15 of our last 17 games, starting 11 of them.  We brought in four loan players, mostly successful.  Steve Pearse, who turned 18 on January, was on loan from Stoke.  Labeled the next Michael Owen, he formed a devastating striker combo with Lee Sands.  Neil Bonner, from Arsenal, was an important part of our rock-solid central midfield.  Max Vance, a right back from Southampton, and Paul Davies, a center back from Millwall, weren't great but were reliable enough to stick around, and Vance did out-perform my hot prospect right back, Federico Bartolini.

A bumpy start to our preseason saw us lose 1-0 to Barrow, barely scrape a win 1-0 against Chorley, and get beat 3-1 at both Aston Villa and Leeds (although we actually played pretty well against Leeds).  After a 3-0 win over rivals Morecambe, we went on a bit of a tour out of England and won 3 games by a combined 7-0 at Rangers, Glentoran, and Ballymena.  For about 45 minutes I thought we'd have a rough go of it in League 2, as we fell behind 2-0 at Grimsby, but two goals in the second half salvaged a draw.  From there everything started to go right for us.  Over the next 11 games we went 9-2-0 and moved into the top spot.  A 3-2-2 stretch from mid-October through late November was only a brief interruption to our dominance, as we proceeded to go undefeated in our next 21 matches, compiling a record of 14-7-0 in that span, including a comeback 3-2 win against eventual 2nd place Fleetwood with goals in the 86th and 94th minutes, and a 5-3 comeback win against Wayne Rooney's Stevenage squad that saw us down 2-0 early and 3-1 at the half.  In January, we received quite a few offers for Lee Sands, though clearly Nottingham Forest had the most interest, consistently offering double what other teams did.  The board forced an acceptance of an offer worth a potential $400k in mid-January, but I managed to talk them out of it, as that amount did not reflect his value to us, I was sure we could get quite a lot more out of Nottingham Forest, and that wouldn't have been nearly enough to get us out of debt anyway.  Eventually, after fending off more offers in the next couple weeks, late on deadline day I negotiated terms with Nottingham Forest, and sold our fantastic young striker Lee Sands for $1,800,000 straight-up, with 50% of any future transfer fee, and a provision that he would be loaned back to us until the end of the season.  We locked up promotion as the rest of the league played on March 26th (our match was moved due to us sharing a ground with Fleetwood, one of 3 or 4 matches that saw us both at home at the same point in our schedules), and we scored twice late against Charlton on March 27th to take a 3-1 win, making us 2021-2022 Sky Bet League Two Champions.  We did get a bit lazy down the stretch, finishing out 2-3-2, including an odd 2-1 loss at Yeovil where all 3 goals were scored in the 89th minute or later, a 4-2 win at Crawley where we were down by a goal twice in the first half before Lee Sands scored twice in 2 minutes in the second half, and a 2-2 draw at Carlisle where we gave up the equalizer in the 93rd minute.

Final Table

BEqt01Dm.jpg

FA Cup

The third round seems to be our preferred round for going out in the Cup, as we've done so in 3 of our 4 seasons so far.  This time we ground out a sort of ugly 2-0 game against VNL squad Newport County with two goals from Pearse in the first round.  Against Ryan Giggs' Gillingham squad in the second round, we found ourselves down 1-0 at the half.  Pearse and Stimson scored in the span of two minutes in the second half to give us a 2-1 lead, but Gillingham tied it up in the 85th minute before Pearse and Callum Mahon scored in the 90th and 93rd minutes to lock up a 2-1 victory.  At Everton (who have been demoted from the Premier League twice in the last four seasons and lost in the Championship playoff final this seasson) in the Third Round, Pearse scored less than a minute into the game to give us an early lead, but from then on we couldn't muster much offense and eventually allowed the winning goal in the 91st minute in a 2-1 loss.

Checkatrade Trophy

My stated goal before the season was to pretend the Checkatrade Trophy didn't exist, and I failed rather catastrophically at that goal.  After a 0-0 draw that went to penalties due to a missed Lee Sands penalty in the first half, which we ultimately won on the 10th set of penalty kicks, we came back from a 2-0 7th minute deficit against Carlisle to tie them by the half and eventually win 4-2.  Our advancement from the group already secure, we nonetheless won 2-0 at Bradford City.  A fairly evenly played match against Crewe in the second round resulted in another 2-0 victory for us, and we managed to overcome a poor performance against Rochdale in the third round by scoring from the spot on our way to a 1-0 victory.  The semi-final against Wigan (who were promoted from League One this season) was our best match of the tournament.  Wigan actually out-shot us 12 to 8, and we only had 4 shots on goal, but all 4 were in the first 21 minutes and all 4 found net, giving us a 4-0 lead at the half, though Wigan managed to pull a couple back in the second half, resulting in a 4-2 victory.  The final against Swindon was a bit of a snoozer, with Stimson coming on as a sub and scoring in the second half to give us a 1-0 victory, making us 2021-2022 Checkatrade Trophy Champions.

Carabao Cup

We put up a valiant effort at Sheffield United in the First Round, responding to their 73rd minute goal with a 76th minute goal of our own and taking the match to penalties.  Unfortunately, while each squad missed one of the initial set of 5 penalties, Iles missed our 6th, and we were knocked out in the first round.

Squad & Awards

By59gScm.jpg

Lee Sands and Steve Pearse were an absolutely devastating combination, and finding a way to replace their contribution next season is now my top priority.  Sands was quiet in the cup competitions, only scoring twice in 2 games, but he lead League Two with 34 goals, for a total of 36 on the season, along with 11 assists.  Pearse came in second in the League with 28 goals, but was much more successful in the cup competitions, scoring 10 times in 11 games for a total of 38 goals on the season, plus 14 assists.  Richard Stimson only saw 8 starts on the season, but came on often as a sub and scored 15 goals of his own; he will probably be important for us next season.  We also had 5 midfielders with at least 5 assists.  Pearse and Sands had 9 and 8 PoM awards, respectively, good for second and third in the league.  Pearse led the league in average rating, while Sands was 4th.  Both were also in the top 5 in shots taken and the top 3 in shots on target and minutes per goal.  They were also part of a group of 4 of our players who were in the top 10 in key passes along with Iles and Maclean.  Iles and Maclean also managed to squeak into the top 20.  Paudie O'Connor knew how to use his head, with the second most headers, third most key headers, and 6th best headers won ratio, while Arran Baucutt led the league in the latter stat, winning 91% of his headers.

As a team, we scored the second most goals with 89 (tied for first if you don't count Stevenage's playoff goals) and conceded the third fewest with 47.  We didn't do anything particularly well as a team (we seemed to rely more on individual excellence as outlined above), and weren't particularly good at passing, heading, tackling, or keeping possession.  We got better at crossing as the season went on and scored the second most goals from crosses, but we were disappointing from set pieces when we had previously done well from them, scoring only 10 times (Grimsby scored 20), though we did only concede 10 as well.  What we were good at was shooting, and we were very good at shooting.  We had the second most shots on target (after Stevenage) and the highest shots on target ratio, plus the most chances created

As far as youth intake goes, we've probably outgrown the possibility of our first good player from our first intake, Blessing Ajayi, making the first team, and our two good looking players from last year's intake don't look at great anymore, but we got a promising midfielder named Ben Reed this year, not great physical attributes but outstanding in terms of passing, vision, flair, technique, teamwork, work rate, and determination; could be a good playmaker with his skills.

Our players (and myself as well) received a variety of awards, listed below.

Fans' & Manager's Player of the Season: Steve Pearse

Fans' Signing of the Season: Paudie O'Connor

Manager's Signing of the Season: Ross Maclean

Fans' & Manager's Young Player of the Season: Steve Pearse

Sky Bet League Two Player of the Year: Steve Pearse

Sky Bet League Two Top Goalscorer: Lee Sands

Runner-Up for Top Goalscorer: Steve Pearse

Sky Bet League Two Players' Select: Josh Vickers, Billy Perry, Callum Mahon, Steve Pearse, Lee Sands

November Player of the Month: Lee Sands

December Player of the Month: Steve Pearse

Runner-Up for Player of the Month (Steve Pearse, August; Lee Sands, January)

Third Place for Player of the Month (Steve Pearse, September)

August Young Player of the Month: Steve Pearse

December Young Player of the Month: Steve Pearse

Runner-Up for Young Player of the Month (Steve Pearse, September; Lee Sands, October, November & January)

Manager of the Month (December, January, February)

Runner-Up for Manager of the Month (August, September, October, March)

Manager of the Season

State of the Club

J4QdjWBm.jpg

From a financial perspective, the club had a profit of approximately $2.5 million last season, benefiting from the $1.8 million sale of Lee Sands, along with strong prize money and increase television revenue and gate receipts.  We increased our season ticket threefold, from over $100,000 to over $300,000. We have again been given an increased payroll budget and transfer budget, currently at approximately $30,000 per week at $500,000, respectively, which will hopefully allow me to transition away from relying so heavily on loan players.

Our new stadium will be complete in time for the upcoming preseason.

I finished studying for my Continental B license, and am currently working on my Continental A license.

Our average attendance for the season was 1,899, second lowest in the league but more than double last season's.  Our best attendance at a home game was our League 2 home game against Fleetwood, drawing over 3000 attendees, while nearly 30,000 saw us play at Wembley in the Checkatrade Trophy final, and over 17,000 saw us play at Everton in the Third Round of the FA Cup.

My goals for the upcoming season are as follows:

• Mid-table finish
  • Reach the FA Cup 3rd Round
  • Pretend the Checkatrade Trophy doesn't exist (I'm just hoping for the reverse jinx again here actually)
  • Maybe win a game in the Carabao cup, depends on the draw I suppose.

Season	 League			Finish  Achievements
2018-19	 Vanarama North		7th     Playoffs
2019-20	 Vanarama North		1st     Champions; FA Trophy Finalist
2020-21	 Vanarama National	1st     Champions; FA Trophy Winners
2021-22  Sky Bet Leage Two	1st     Champions; Checkatrade Trophy Winners

image.png.2b888b6435c94eb5248ecc9b3ca40baa.png

Staines 2023/24

Table | Squad | Transfers

This was a disaster of a season from the very start. The club entered takeover talks at the start of pre-season which lasted 7 weeks  so many of the players i may have looked to sign were gone. The new owners put in 30k and got a new senior affiliate. Hull actually pay me and lend me players, my previous one Brentford did neither.
I played a lot of higher division clubs in friendlies and lost which was a mistake as it led to lowering morale. The team started the season proper by drawing a lot against the weaker teams and then a run of losses followed when the team played the teams at the top. From this point on the whole season was a relegation fight.
The main issue was the terrible defending which i was unable to halt in spite of changing things from one match to another. I realized in march time that the players had lost their individual instructions and most were not bothering to close down. I ended the season by winning 5 of the last 7 games.
I'm getting beaten in this challenge by 2 AI teams :(
In the cups i made minimum progress. I reached the 1st Rd of the FA cup losing in a replay to L2 Cambridge.
In the FA trophy i got further by reaching the 3rd round.
Finances are getting worse as the new board isn't putting any money in.

The defense was a shambles as they made so many mistakes with set pieces being particularly poor. I'm also not convinced by the goalie as he threw in the odd shocking game.
Price should be my best player but performed well below par as my highest paid player.
The midfield performed a bit below par although Muirhead established himself as a first teamer.
Signed Morrison in November but didn't play him much until later in the season when he hit incredible form. I ended up changing my home formation to include him which is 4-3-3 without wingers.
The strikers had good and bad games all season and Plant wasn't up to the same standard as the previous year.
He did set a club record for assists but missed 5 penalties in a row which was costly as not one opposition player missed any of the 11 conceded

Season    League              Position     FA Cup           FA Trophy                  Achievements/Notes               
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19   Vanarama South      19th        3rd Q Round      3rd Q Round                 Avoided relegation                            
2019/20   Vanarama South      13th         2nd Round 	    1st Round     		      None    
2020/21   Vanarama South       5th         2nd Round 	    1st Round     		    Promoted             
2021/22   Vanarama National   13th        4th Q Round 	    1st Round     		      None     
2022/23   Vanarama National   5th         4th Q Round 	    3rd Round     		    Playoffs   
2023/24   Vanarama National   17th	   1st Round 	    3rd Round     		      None   

3 hours ago, wicksyFM said:

Has anybody managed to get their under 23s and under 18s playing competitive football

Got my U23s this season automatically when I joined the PL. Didn't get any inbox message as I could see, just that I suddenly had the U23s in the Checkatrade trophy. My U18 are playing in a league and have done for as long as I can remember in "English U18 Division 3 North-West". Working on improving my youth level to might get better opponents. They have smashed their league several seasons in a row. Last season they won all 28 league matches and finished with a goal difference of 133-19!

XaW - Marine - 2027/28

Marine_F.C.logo.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Ahh! The Premier League! The pinnacle of English football, and our new league. I had no idea what to expect, my only hope and dream was to avoid relegation this season. I got rid of quite a lot of players during the summer, both on free and got in some money for a couple. I also brought in some players from all around the world, including a Moroccan, a South Korean and a Malian. After a while, it occurred to me that work permits are a thing, and I had forgotten I had a hard brexit... Well, most of the better ones got one, but I also had a couple of players without. That should teach me to read the messages in my inbox a bit more thoroughly before pressing "Accept". So out on loan for a few players, but most could play. The first few matches gave me a hope of survival with a win to Portsmouth and a draw against Hull. Then the evil god of scheduling snorted and gave me a run of, in order, Tottenham away, Liverpool at home, Chelsea away, Man City at home and Man Utd at home. So that was 5 easy losses and we were down close to the bottom of the league. Luckily for us Portsmouth had a horrible start and went the first 17 matches without a win and only a single draw. Even though they finished the season quite well, they were far far behind. The other two spots were the places the rest of us tried to escape from. In December and January we had a good run and won a couple of matches in a row and picked up some points to slowly inch away from the relegation spots. Towards the end it was clear we would manage to stay up and our final spot turned out to be 11th place. A very good first season at the top tier.

We are building our new stadium and we will move into it during the summer. I'm also working on our facilities since we have more money than anyone at the moment and our starting ones are very poor.

In the FA Cup we had a good run and beat Blackburn, Oxford, Watford and Middlesbrough to meet Man City in the semi final. We got thumped 6-0 by them to end our run. In the Carabao Cup we beat Derby and Walsall before losing to Arsenal in the 4th round.

My best players this season have been loanee wonderkid Bruno Vieira (whom I'd love to sign...), record signing (£4M) James Vlazlovski and youth player Dom Bolton who had a good season as a 17 year old.

dDoTFbT.png

@Warhawk and @HighFlyingDwarf: Tagging you guys for updates!

21 hours ago, Swindon69 said:

Grr - nasty Brexit is stopping me sign good young Europeans released by Premier League sides.

Same here - was feeling proud of myself after lining up some quality EU players, only to get the dreaded work permit message a few days later. 

I think for Premiership teams, my Brexit actually makes things easier as they're be allowed 17 foreigners without any work permit rules, but getting there will be a right slog...

800px-Margate-Badge.png

Margate FC. - 2018/2019 Season

Final League Table

So after two attempts, and two sackings before the inevitable relegation I had another bash at this challenge choosing Margate. Surprisingly the objectives were to finish mid table, was not expecting this from a relatively small, newly promoted team. 

For the first half of the season we were performing above expectations and was cemented in the playoffs. However it seemed like after new year it all went downhill, its like the players had a few too many beers of the Christmas period. From the start of jan up to the middle of march we had one just 1 game, drew 4 and lost the other 5, we could not hold onto a lead to save our lives and always seemed to concede goals straight after scoring through lack of concentration. This led to us sitting in 11th place, around 8 points clear of the playoffs.

However an aggressive team talk and a team meeting seemed to  up the players morale and from the 16th march we had a fantastic run of form, for the first real time during the season and won 6 of the remaining 8 games. Resulting in us reaching 6th place and qualifying for the playoffs. Team morale was at an all time high, which carried over to our playoff matches.

Play off round 1 - Chippenham away. Result 2 2. Margate win on penalties (0 5)

Play off semi final - Billercary away. Result 0 1 Margate. (very scrappy game, not many chances for either team until a poor back pass from the billecery centre back put our striker one and one with the keeper in the 82nd minute. Which he buried.

Play off final - Weston Super Mare 4, Margate 3 Extra time heartbreak. (An unbelievable game of football finished 3 3 at 90 minutes. Both teams taking it in turns to take the lead until a 89th minute header sent us through to extra time. We then managed to hold on against a Weston Super Mare team that had demolished us 7-1 earlier on in the season until the 113th minute. Our tired left back then thought it would be a good time to go on a run through the middle of the pitch, which resulted in him losing the ball, allowing Weston to break through with one pass and then a quick finish to the bottom corner. They then sat back for the rest of the match and we could do nothing about it. A heartbreaking end to a strong season.

Cup Perfomance

Nothing to note in either cup really, we managed to get to the first round of the FA cup until being knocked out by Grimsby Town. This increased our bank slightly but nothing significant. 

FA Trophy we fell at the first hurdle with a 3 0 home defeat to Hemel Hempstead. Very disappointed not to get pasted the 3rd qualifying round.

Transfers

I was slightly disappointed with our business in the transfer market, it seemed like the only way we could find decent players was by loaning them in. I still haven't fully got used to the new scouting so this might of added to the struggles. But in all fairness the players we did bring in did have a strong impact on the squad. Minus the two cbs from Charlton, who seemed to struggle at the back against even the lowest scoring teams in the division. 

Key Players

Micheal Thallasistis (Muggy Mike if any of you were forced to watch love island with your missus') - Played in near enough every game for us. 50 games played. 21 goals. 21 assists. A focal point for most attacks.

Jordon Chiedozie - 37 Appearances (24 Goals, 9 Assists)  Another player who could always be counted on as an impact sub throughout the season.

Elliot Romain - Signed on a free transfer just before we had the best run of form we had all season - 25 appearances (16 goals 5 assists) Will be vital next year.

What Next?

After recapping the season we are one of the highest scoring teams in the division. So attacking is not an issue. However we are also one of the worst teams defensively. I feel as if we were half as good at defending we could of being very close to the top of the league, as it did let us down week in, week out. This area has to improve and I will be looking to bring in solid players to help this. A second tactic will also be looked into to cope with away games where we are clear underdogs.  League Champions is the ultimate goal for next season. But that all depends on how pre season goes. 

@Warhawk @High Flying Dwarf Can you add me to leaderboard. Cheers.

Season	League				Pos	Achievements							
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19 Vanarama National South		6th	Play Off Runners Up

1 minute ago, Hypanimz said:

@XaW Wow. I presume that was the majority of your budget. Putting a lot of trust in a single player. I struggled to justify a £26m purchase just in case he flops!

Yeah, I've had him on loan for two seasons straight and he have scored 46 goals in 62 games, so I have faith in him.

So I'm totally just gonna try to loan Lee Sands back for another year.  Apparently he's interested in a loan, so why not?  Have to pay some of his salary, but I already know the guy is worth it.

Unfortunately despite being in League 1 my U23s and U18s aren't in a competition yet.  We are finishing a big youth facility upgrade in January though.

Late to the party as have been getting used to the new tactics.  Now I'm done, I'm all over this challenge but to add a little bit more to it this year (as if already not hard enough) I'm planning to combine with a youth only challenge.  I'm anticipating that it will take me a good few seasons to get out of the National Leagues (if I survive that long) so you'll see slow progress in this thread.  The benefit is it should certainly keep me busy through to FM19 and the restrictiveness should see me adopt some interesting tactical approaches.
Given the scale of the challenge, the size of their squad and my small amount of guilt as a Brighton fan, I'll be choosing Hereford.

...and rather brilliantly I crashed straight away after an hours work on the squad.  This time, it's Kettering!

Burgess Hill Town
Season Update 2022/23
Burgess Hill Town F.C. logo.png
Sky Bet League One
Final Position 12th

Squad - Table - Transfers - Board - Dynamics - Season Review - Finances - Profile - Injuries - Financial Summary

This was a really strange season. The league overall was mostly a disappointment. Kept getting bad results against teams we should have beat. At the same time, managed some great results against teams that should beat us. The biggest highlights of the season was the FA Cup, were we reached the semi finals including beating some good PRM teams. The other highlight, was our youth progressing, as well as having a "golden generation" coming through the ranks.

Financially we are in a very strong position, by selling players for a total of 3.5kk, all with good clauses. Board approved all youth requests, but didn't accept normal training facilities - until a story was leaked to the press, then training facilities also were to be upgraded. We finally got the data analysists going after pressing on for several seasons. Looking forward to what that will bring in the long run. Board also decided to build a new stadium - Hoping that will be a big one!

Mostly stuck to the tactic from previous seasons and decided to try a few different things when we couldn't push for promotion. That wasn't always the best choice, but atleast we got to play many different players and have a good feeling about whom to invest time with. 

Signed various different staffs with different nationalities to broaden our scouting knowledge. This resulted in us signing a potentially great young french prospect. Imad Faraj from Chateauroux.

Carabao Cup was over before it started with a first round loss at home to Aston VIlla. Had a good run in Checkatrade, where we lost in semi finals on penalties to Bristol Rovers.

FA Cup was really the biggest hightlight of the season. In the 4th round we played Stoke at home and drew 1-1. The away game was also 1-1, but we progressed on penalties! Fifth round we played Tottenham away. For some odd reason they only fielded a reserves team and we drew 1-1. At home, i was expecting them to use bigger names, but they didn't and we progressed winning 1-0 in extra time. Sixth round we played Wolves, who indeed fielded a first team. Game started poorly and with 5 mins played we were down 0-1 - with two late goals however, we won 2-1 and drew mighty Man Utd in the semi final. United didn't take any chances with their team and beat us 4-1 at Wembley. They later lost 5-3 to Arsenal in the final.

Youth team: There were many good stats regens, but Rasmus Mouritsen really seems to be able to become a star player.

Big sales: Adam Hibbert went to Sheff Wed for 400k. Shaun Green went to Sheff Wed as well for potentially 800K. Joe Green went to Barnsley for potentially 475K. Billy Gardiner. Could have used him, but a potentially 1.1KK transfers saw him on his way Burnley. Josh Lovett - One of our club made players went to Cardiff for potentially 450K. Dennis Rasmussen went to Ipswich for potentially 525K.

Players worth mentioning:

Tony Steel GK - In his third year with us and being a Burgess regen, he is starting to look really great. He did cost us a few matches, but I am sure it's points well invested.
Luke Armstrong DC - A Man Utd reject had a great season and am really looking forward to seeing him progress. Other clubs have also found him to be an interesting prospect and have been able to fend them off so far.
Ross Brown MC - His third season with us, and the first season he has played regularly. Starting to mature really well.
Ian Manning DM - Also his third season and he is still just amazing.
Andre Dozzell MC - Our record purchase from Blackburn. In his first match he recieved a red card after just 2 mins played. He vindicated himself though and looks promising.
Brian Burns - IFL - Free player from GLentoran. Had a great first season.
Jason Beazeley IFR - Free player from Kettering and was our star player this season. Was used as IF and SC and managed 24 goals and 11 assists.
Leon Beadle SC - Had his first bad season, but also had so many injuries this season. Still scored 15 goals and 9 assists.

In other news! Man City tried to sign Messi. Naturally so did Burgess Hill Town. Messi wasn't too impressed though, and went for Man City :(
Another nice touch from SIGames. After signing a player - he decided to suggest that we looked into a former team mate.
Board accepted the offer from one of our potential stars Leon Gosling - But the new option to adress board and make them rething, actually worked!
Finally - I got the Continental Pro License!

Season              League              Position             FA Cup               Carabao Cup   EURO                 Checkatrade   FAT
2018/19             Van. South          2nd                  2nd round            NA            NA                   NA            Winner
2019/20             Van. South          1st                  3rd round            NA            NA                   NA            2nd round
2020/21             Van. Nat.           1st                  4th round            NA            NA                   NA            Final
2021/22             League Two          1st                  3rd round            2nd round     NA                   3rd round     NA
2022/23             League One          12th                 Semi Final           1st round     NA                   Semi Final    NA

Lowestoft_Town_Badge.png

Lowestoft Town FC - End of Season 2021/22
3rd in Sky Bet League Two
Final League Table | Squad | Transfers | Schedule 1+2+3 | Awards | Season Review | Finances (Incoming details) | Dynamics

Lookback:
    What a rollercoaster season that ended with us lucking ourselves into 3rd place. I actually though I could manage to start the season with a similar small group as last year.
    Only then I started researching the tight schedule and I knew I had to boast my squad with more than complete idiots. This proofed extremely difficult since my one scout retired and didn't come up with a lot of recommendations.
    I started signing some loans on value of the players alone. And then tried to find good players based on the clubs the formerly played for. Hired a new scout too get at least an idea of new players.
    Most of league 2 talent weren't interested in signing with me anyway since I was predicted to go bottom last - as usual.
    The only player that I got that I'd say had league 2 expierence ended up being my target man striker (Offrande Zanzala) - the bad thing about him is that he's a Conga international and sometimes he's just missing in important games.
    Awesome start however to the season since we beat Crewe 4-0. Then first Carabao cup round and we somehow managed to lost in extra time after leading 2-0. 
    And in the league we only managed to get some draws and we started slowly declining in the table. I wasn't expecting promotion so all was good.
    However the defense was giving me more and more trouble ... the inability to hold onto a lead was really pissing me of. I started asking for a 2nd scout and got one. He found me an decent centre back that made the team immediately.
    That started my amazing win streak ... we won every single league game in November, December, January - pushing us to 2nd place. 
    Besides that we did decent in the Checkatrade Trophy we were only eliminated in the final group game by West Hams U23 scoring in the 93th minute. I didn't mind much since the cup was not a priority and I was glad not to have additional fixtures.
    FA Cup road was AMAZING! Got TV rights in the first round against Mansfield (League 1 relegation candidates) and managed to beat them in the replay 3-2.
    Another TV match vs Peterborough at home and we advanced 1-0.
    Then the first big draw saw us travelling to Sheffield Wednesday in the 3rd round. We were cleary the better team (the fielded some kind of B-team here ... 3 were injured and 6 injured on the bench), we only got a 2-2 draw though.
    The gate for this game managed to push us into black numbers though and then the draw was made: Man City/Middlesboro would be the next opponent. Was very happy about that and even happier when we managed to beat Sheff Wed 2-1 at home (leading 2-0 and only conceding in the final minutes).
    The Man City game was awesome for the club! Horrible for the team.
    We lost 6-0 after already being down 4-0 after 10 minutes. Man City didn't choose to rest anybody as far as I could tell ... the cheapest guy they fielded was valued 10 million €.
    Financally this was great though. Around 1.5m € we made thanks to this - and I immediately requested and was granted new training & youth facilities.
    The team actually got money together and paid our fans 80k for their trouble of watching this (that's more than 10% of what they were making) ... I don't know what they were expecting - but hey I would have been happy to pay the 80k as well ;)
    However after this game the team didn't seem the same. We still managed to get some wins (which proved to be important) but our dominance was gone.
    37 games played we were sitting at 2nd place - Shrewsbury at 76 points, us at 69, Crewe 63, Plymouth 61.
    The last games were horror. Managed to only pick up 8 points form the last 9 games - we were losing against the whole bottom table basically. And in a fashion that I cannot explain.
    Most of the times we were leading 2-0 and then losing the game somehow in extra time. Was not pleasant to watch.
    We only managed to get 3rd placed because the teams around us were also struggling ... nobody wanted the promotion I guess.
    So in the end the result was very much pleasing but how we got their really got me concerned and somewhat pissed off.

Outlook:
    I'm going to restructre the squad. I can no longer play those Nation league talents and hope for the best. Most likely I'm also going to switch to more conservative tactics.
    Not sure who I can get though ... but hey I got a transfer budget of 800k for the new season.
    I don't think we can/should go for another promotion ... I would take safety at the last fixture any time. However I would also be okay relegating back to League 2 ... but let's see.

Transfers:
    Lezion Cela wanted out at the start of the new season. Some League 1 teams actually were interested ... I had no real intention of letting him go. He had a a release clause at 180k ... so I told him that's what I want for him.
    He wasn't happy ... cry bitch. He was one of the guys who promoted from the North league ... he thought everything was good - but wanted to leave.
    I didn't let him since the offers were all ***** (only market value, no sell on) ... however at the winter transfer window I let him go to Mansfield. I only got Market value again but this time 20% sell on and a friendly.
    His contract was expiring and I was already close to reach 50 points ... so I thought there would be no need to keep him here.
    And hey my first player that I sold :)
    The end of the story is that he's playing League 2 next season because Mansfield got relegated :p

Season		League				Position		FA Cup			FA Trophy		Top Scorer					Most Assists			Highest Rating
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19		Vanarama North			19th		2nd Qual Rd		1st Rd			Jake Reed (18)				Lewis Taaffe (11)		Eze Ebuzoeme (6.99)
2019/20		Vanarama North			5th			1st Rd			3rd Qual Rd		Tom Hitchcock (34)			Anthony Cook (15)		Bernardo Rosa (7.23)
2020/21		Vanarama National		19th		4th Rd			1st Rd			Daniel Griffiths (27)		Rachid Tiah (11)		Lezion Cela (7.06)
2021/22		Vanarama National		1st			4th Qual Rd		1st Rd			Marcus Dinanga (25)			Daniel Griffiths (21)	Marcus Dinanga (7.44)
2022/23		Sky Bet League Two		3rd			4th Rd			1st Rd			Offrande Zanzala (29)		Daniel Griffiths (27)	Offrande Zanzala (7.40)

[The formatting is somehow messed up right now ... I'm aware of it but to tired to fix it right now ... I accidentily deleted this post also because I thought I double-posted it ... need sleep :D]

6 hours ago, Warhawk said:

So I'm totally just gonna try to loan Lee Sands back for another year.  Apparently he's interested in a loan, so why not?  Have to pay some of his salary, but I already know the guy is worth it.

Unfortunately despite being in League 1 my U23s and U18s aren't in a competition yet.  We are finishing a big youth facility upgrade in January though.

He accepted.  Also brought back Vance after I whiffed on like 5 other right backs.

6 hours ago, Mushtaq said:

@XaW still playing the 4-3-3 in the Premier League?

Yup, but not as hoofball-ish as before. Since everyone are throwing all they have at me, because of my low rep, I can still play counter though and while hoofing is occuring, it's more of a direct counterattack than just the plain hoofball I had played before. I wonder if this will work against premiership teams when my rep catches up. This will be interesting.

Dulwich Hamlet Football Club – Season 2019/20 – Vanarama National League

download.jpg.55f8c143a00763b36ed10eb545bc84e6.jpg5a1a679b6d22b_DULWICH007.thumb.JPG.c3022907a0f0fbc3bbeb2f92b435c37a.JPGdownload.jpg.55f8c143a00763b36ed10eb545bc84e6.jpg

League – Expected to finish bottom we had a very up and down season flirted with the playoffs early on but our in consistent form saw us slowly fall down the league and although we were never really in any trouble the final part of the season was disappointing and we finished 16th 20 points off relegation 

Cup – FA cup was disappointing again losing in the 4th Qual rnd to Welling United on penalties after a replay both games finishing 3-3

FA Trophy was the highlight of our season reaching the final where we came up against Tranmere who on the day were just too good for us losing 3-1

Season Awards  The fans players of the year and young player of the year went to Elliot Thorpe a young Advanced play maker brought in from Tottenham in his debut season he had 39 starts and 1 sub app scoring 4 times, 6 assists and an av rating of 7.06

Other Screenshots - Season Awards - Vanarama National Overview - Tactic  - Season Review

Season	League				Pos	Achievements							
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19 Vanarama National South		1st	Champions, Manager of the season
2019/20 Vanarama National		16th	FA Trophy runners up

Sorry for the basic write up i did a detailed one which i then lost.

Weymouth_F.C._logo.png.3c9eb981977889cb289be2cc24cf96f8.png
WEYMOUTH 2021-2022

Not a bad first season in League 2, didn't manage back to back promotions as many have done but a mid table finish should stand me in good stead for the next season. After an appealing start saw us lose 7, draw 2 and win 1 in out first 10 games, things did not look good. By the end of November we had only managed to pick up 4 wins and where labouring in 21st position, but something changed in December, the team finally clicked and we managed to secure 3 wins and a draw. January saw a return to the previous years form but 5 wins in 5 games, scoring a total of 16 goals in February helped continue to climb slowly up the table to 13th where we managed to hold our place through the rest of the season.

Top Scorer - Ellis Iandolo

Highest Average Rating - Callum Chettle

Signing of the Season - Romario Vieria

5a1ee8b19c84f_EllisIandolo_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.e6d3806515a093e76fecc08e4cf9b4f6.png5a1ee8b063c57_CallumChettle_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.73a2dc984c4e6e44dd0b42ceec9ed9e3.png5a1ee8aedd9ee_RomarioVieira_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.b5d295e3e549733460164d41d7213ff2.png

SQUAD

5a1ee8cd58d1a_Weymouth_PlayersPlayers.thumb.png.b9a081ec95a0f35e9da26611b820b314.png5a1ee96dd8d80_Jamesleedham_Inbox-4.thumb.png.9d7d66594d05e44503450494333df891.png

End of Season Confidence

5a1ee8f51bf5a_Jamesleedham_Inbox-5.thumb.png.9ef16c51d8fe3f0bc7a0a7a7ed901bfc.png

League Table | League Overview

5a1ee9160f2ef_SkyBetLeagueTwo_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.70ac33bfcdc03d599641451b51f78ddd.png5a1ee91455092_SkyBetLeagueTwo_OverviewPastPositions.thumb.png.11b8712bffe79e595b149fcf91b54e54.png

Season review

5a1ee930a85e7_Jamesleedham_Inbox-3.thumb.png.2b10cd839286ce0ed88b3f7bb81a5455.png

End of Season Awards

5a1ee953c123e_Jamesleedham_Inbox-2.thumb.png.4e04268b8df7c164753fe721f01516a0.png5a1ee952619eb_Jamesleedham_Inbox.thumb.png.307ec8b18fb84e7750f1cf252ba95d5f.png

In other news i also tried to sign this guy simply due to his name, managed to get him trail and a fee agreed but couldnt get their on contract in the end :(

5a1ee9b7e83a7_Pitbull_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.de97199008c7737857d0c90a7f78a8f6.png

5 hours ago, wicksyFM said:

Lowest rep of all possible teams. i dont think its going to happen. Ive been doing about 50 reloads a day ffs

That's why I was happy enough to get Needham Market on my first load- I would have liked the lowest rated, but they were obscure enough for me to be happy with.

2020-21 - League 2 - PROMOTED

As per previous post - am doing the youth academy challenge....

Straight through League 2 at the first attempt, over 100 goals, and automatic promotion in 2nd place

This time Mark Benson, a youth product was player of the year

Facilities were much improved but lost a couple of players I couldn't replace

2021-22 - League 1 - RELEGATED

Straight back to League 1, just couldn't tighten up the defence - found it really really difficult to step up with no signings

Finances were buggared really, and lost a few players but just can't get a cup run going, not had one in any season, or one glamour tie and lose games i chould win - it's killing me

Season  |  League   | Pos.  |  FA Cup  |  CL      |   EL       |  Top scorer        |  Top assists        |    Top rating        | Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19 |  Van Sth  |  1    |  4Q      |  n/a     |  n/a       |  Faal (37)         |  Benson/Faal (19)   |    Faal (7.54)       | Promoted
2019/20 |  Van Ntl  |  7    |  R1      |  n/a     |  n/a       |  Faal (35)         |  Faal (37)          |    Faal (7.68)       | Promoted
2020/21 |  Lge 2    |  2    |  R2      |  n/a     |  n/a       |  Benson (37)       |  Benson (21)        |    Benson (7.64)     | Promoted
2020/21 |  Lge 1    |  23   |  R2      |  n/a     |  n/a       |  Faal (29)         |  Benson (14)        |    Faal (7.33)       | Relegated

6bT08ii.jpg

Lowerstoft Town 2019/20 - 17th and safe!

yRUYoDg.jpg

Defending is still overrated. :D

League Table - Tactics & 1st eleven - Transfers

Wow, this is the most fun season I've had in FM in a long time. Most goals conceded, joint 2nd highest for goals scored, most of the games seesawing thrillers. It was bonkers. I had 4 strikers get into double figures, Reed, Spyrides, Tomlinson (on loan from Luton) and by far the best of the bunch Adarkwa, who essentially made my season. While we were always close to the relegation zone position wise, there was usually a 7-8 point buffer except for a spell in the middle of the season. The cherry on top is that Adarkwa, having spent the entire season refusing to sign a contract extension because he (correctly) felt he was too good for us, changed his mind and agreed to stay for another season. If I can improve the defence with my tiny transfer budget, I may even have an extremely outside chance for the promotion spots.

Season		League				Position	Notes
2018/19		Vanarama National League Nth	21st		Sacked from Warrington, Hired at Lowestoft
2019/20		VNLN				17th		Not relegated!

Mid season update for my Margate save. 

First season in the VNL and things are going much better than I expected. It's mid January and we're currently 1st and 11points clear. We've been on an amazing run recently after a stuttering November but I think it's also down to how inconsistent the other top teams have been. 

The most surprising thing is that I really struggled to recruit any experience in the pre-season and ended up with a team of youth rejects. I've only got 3 first team players over 25 and we have an average age of just 20. Jordan McEnuff and Josh Phillips are doing wonders up front with 40 goals between them and my other 2 strikers also in double figures. Definitely a case of outscoring teams at the moment, so exciting to watch but it makes me fearful when we eventually meet bigger teams in the cups. 

Still in the FAQ Cup and Trophy and hoping that we can generate some money with an away fixture at Sheffield Wednesday in the Cup. 

I'm beginning to be linked with some bigger jobs at league 1 & 2 clubs and championship clubs have started sniffing around my young stars which is always a good sign of how well we're doing. 

Odd sort of first season in League 1.  Through 9 matches I already have as many losses as I had all of last season in League 2, but in the Carabao Cup I'm into the 4th round having beaten two teams in the Championship (Blackburn and Derby) and one team in the Premier League (Sheffield Wednesday, away).

30 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

@wicksyFM, just for you.

Dorking Wanderers Save File

The date is 25 June 2018.  Dorking Wanderers have been promoted to the Vanarama National League South.  They are predicted to finish last...

Thanks mate. 

Had a change of plan, and im now going to attempt the challenge with Leatherhead. I will keep the Dorking file, just incase. Cheers

En 24/11/2017 a las 17:38, 13-gigi dijo:

“DOUBTS ON GIGI ARE RISING” Fantastic headline after my first press conference as Hereford’s manager. I guess they don’t support me and they’ll will put the fans, even more, against me till I’m finally sacked. Dreamed background for all of you I guess, but I assure you they won’t take the best of me.

“If Gigi intended to calm the shaky waters at Hereford in his very first press conference, he didn’t. He, also, made the fans more affraid of that this is going to be a really long and tough year for them and are already fearing a massive break apart. When asked how he intended to get his side play he sounded out or place, lack of English football knowledge or in his dreamland as he looked convinced that playing an open attacking game plan will benefit his newly promoted side. He assured that his mirror is, of course, Pep’s Barça game plan but admitted that these are early stages and firstly he must have a look on his players and on he won’t assure a possession game for them because some players must not feel comfortable with the ball at their feet and he’ll have to adapt his football’s view to the players available but that for sure they’ll play an attacking game and they’ll try to dominate the game and their rivals as much as possible.

Even, he seemed very sure about this approach, he showed more doubts about formations and he looked like a chicken without head as his first options go from wide 433 (Barça style) to a 343’s Girona style (some of them tell as 5-4-1, some others 3-4-3. In fact both of them as they defend with a 541 and attack with a 343). Also he didn’t discarded a more traditional 352 of this last one and admitted they could adopt a 442 if players fails to adapt the new brand of systems. As you can see, and again in my opinion, it looks as he doesn’t know how to handle a semi-pro team which wants to get back to professionalism. To start with, he even doesn’t know whether to us two CB or three, one lonely striker or seek for a partnership an so. Therefore, we can imagine how his transfer policy would look like and I understand the concerns amongst the fan base.

Then we gave him a rest and asked for who he was looking up to as a manager and as long as we expected him to answer Johann Cruyff and Pep Guardiola’s legacy at Barça he added: As a person born in Arenys de Mar, I can’t and I won’t forget my neighbor fella Oriol Alsina. You might not know that he was the architect  of the most beautiful fairy tale in Catalunya and surely in modern days in the Spanish football. He took over a completely amateur U.E. Llagostera on season 04/05 in the old 2nd Regional Catalan tier (8thSpanish tier on those days)and took them to professionalism at the Spanish 2nd tier on 13-14, six promotions in 9 years, just completely madness for everybody but even more for a town with a population of 8.000 people. They defied, again, all the odds playing against teams of the likes of Betis, Osasuna, Sporting Gijón, Girona, Valladolid, Zaragoza, Las Palmas... and not only avoided the drop but also the finished 9th and they fell 4 points short of La Liga promotion play-off being the smallest town to have a professional team ever. Sadly, they couldn’t carry that momentum next year and they got relegated on 15/16. After failing to get back to the 2nd tier on 16/17 he resigned and left the dugouts. You can tell how big was he’s achievement with them.

Sadly for us, we seem to have got the wrong end of Fàbregas and Alsina’s town as we got Gigi.

We’ll keep you update but before the preseason gets underway, we don’t bet he  survives Christmas.”

So, the dices are rolled from our local press in favor of the vast majority of town and I could tell I guess he’s not gonna be the president of my fan club any sooner.

Let’s see at the end who’s right. At this moment, I just can tell you that the press conferences back in Hereford look promising.

Guess all the doubts are gone and I'll be there on Christmas to laugh at the local media. 3 months into my management era and I changed completely the hole club. Starting off by changing nearly all the backroom staff and bringing in some quality member like hiring Antonio Cassano as a first team coach and the Hereford's icon Robert Green, who was retiring, as a  U18 Manager. I also changed almost the full squad and brought in around new 20 faces at the squad.

On the side of my tactics, as we lacked on attacking midfielders when assembling the new squad we took off early the idea of playing a 343 formation so, we focused on the 433 - 352 - 442 systems from the very begging of preseason, playing the vast majority of minutes 433 as I intended to be our set up.

10 games into the season we're flying high on top, with a 8W - 1D - 1L record plus a 2-1 comeback on FA Cup 2nd Q. round, but very tighten up with Billericay Town just 2 points behind . We started the season playing 433 and switching into 352 or 442 along the games with a balance of 2W - 1D - 1L. I decided to approach the fifth game on a 352 system as it looked the most suitable one against our opponents and we won 3-1 with a hat-trick from our second (out of 3) striker.

On the sixth against leaders Billericay Town, I couldn't rule out neither Wes McDonald (1st option with 5 goals in 4 games) nor Benjy Aghadiuno (2nd option with 3 goals in 2 games) so I kept the 352 and we humiliated them 0-3 with and opening goal from Aghadiuno followed by a brace from Wes.

After that, and meanwhile my strikers keep finding the net easily I'll be playing my attacking 352 and on that purpose I had to bring a fourth striker into the squad (he scored on his debut just 4' after coming in from the bench) and an extra CB as I just had 4 for the 3 available spots on the pitch.

I think the team would performed so well keeping on the 433 and not bringing in the new two faces, as changing to 352 was not necessary but I felt it like justice to Wes and Aghadiuno's recent form but I'll keep using the 433 in some games to keep playing my wings.

Strikers form:

Wes McDonald 11 goals and 6 assists in 602 minutes (2 hat-tricks and 1 brace).

Benjy Aghadiuno 10 goals and 1 assist in 463 minutes (2 hat-tricks and 1 brace as, well).

Alan Fleming 2 goals in 82 minutes.

Hussein Mohammed 1 goal in 296 minutes.

Captura de pantalla 2017-11-30 a les 20.41.42.png

Untitled55_zpszzwrxrx8.jpg

League - Squad - Dynamics - Transfers - Finances

A summer window marred by transfer embargoes as a series of takeover bids stalled meant the Robins would enter their debut season in League One without been able to add to the squad , only managing to add Neil McManus from Ballymena. The season started badly , losing 7 of the first 10 games with several hidings though following a couple of tactical tweaks results started to pick up and the club slowly started to move away from the drop zone towards mid-table. Problems at Board level have also been resolved with a local business man taking the reigns though he hasnt provided anything towards the cost of running the club.

Following wins over Ebbsfleet United and AFC Telford the club qualified for the third round of the FA Cup for the first time setting up a tie against Fulham .  2-0 down 25 mins to go , down and out but yet The Robins managed pull off a comeback with goals from Hill and Brown (2).  The 4th round was a home tie against Liverpool where we were resoundingly hammered 4-0.

Obviously I know it's not that hard to get into the Norn Iron squad but as this I'll only be using players from UK & IRE , Altrincham had their first international recognition's with Hill and McManus been called up , only Hill has been capped at Senior Level

EDIT - Last Season at Moss Lane

cham10_zpsbdgj2wps.jpg

Archived