dafuge's FM18 challenge

Image result for hereford fc

Hereford FC - Premier League - 2026/27

After back to back promotions from League One to the Premier League I was worried that our squad wasn't strong enough to survive. The board gave me £23m to spend on new recruits of which I only spent £11.75m as I really struggled to find new players of sufficient quality. We amazingly won our first game 5-1 against West Brom but then we had consecutive 6-1 defeats to Man United and Arsenal which brought the mood crashing back down. We didn't manage to put together a good run this season and  we only won consecutive games 3 times this season and our best run was a 3 game unbeaten streak. Thankfully we did manage to pick up enough victories and were never In any danger despite this. In the end we finished a comfortable 11th.  

League Table

Past Positions

Cups - I threw in the towel in the Carabao Cup to concentrate on the league. I tried to do the same in the FA Cup and we made it to round 5 before getting knocked out which was exactly what I wanted.

Squad - The squad is in an okay position but needs a lot of work to try to compete again in the League. I have decided to abandon the 433 narrow formation for next season as I started to try new formations towards the end of the season when safe to try and improve the defence as we conceded the highest amount of goals in the league. We did manage to score the most which was a surprise but I want to change to something I feel may help going forward.   

Finances - Premier League money is insane! £79.5m profit this season!!

Transfers - I spent half the transfer budget I was given on 9 new players with my most expensive purchase being £3.3m. I dont envisage many of these sticking around to long as I dont think they are of sufficient quality and hopefully as my reputation improves I can buy better players.  

Key Player Profiles:

Ben Wright - My top scorer who started as part of my front 3 but got moved out onto the left wing for the last 6 games.

Marius Cristian - £1.1m was a steal for this guy. Plays the Mezzala role very well. 

Alexandr Terentjev - £2.3m signing to be the main striker. 18 league goals was a great return for the 18 year old.

Next Season

Survive again

Improve facilities

Other News

We will move into our new stadium next season and over this season I have put money into all of our facilities which I aim to get up to scratch over the coming years. 

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19         Vanarama South              9th               FA Cup 2nd round  
2019/20         Vanarama North		    3rd	 	      Lost in playoff final
2020/21         Vanarama North		    1st	              Champions and FA Trophy Winners
2021/22         Vanarama National           1st               Champions, FA Trophy finalists & FA Cup 3rd round
2022/23		Sky Bet League 2	    1st		      Champions  
2023/24         Sky Bet League 1            4th               Lost in playoff final
2024/25         Sky Bet League 1            1st               Champions, FA Cup round 5 & Checkatrade Trophy winner
2025/26         Sky Bet Championship        1st               Champions
2026/27         Premier League              11th              Survival

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

XaW - Marine - 2026/27

Marine_F.C.logo.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Since last season was pretty good, I have hopes we might fight for a playoff spot this season with a bit of luck. I managed to get rid of a couple of players I didn't think we needed and focused on giving the talented youngsters instead, though I did bring in a couple of players to improve the defense. The season started quite good, though we did concede a bit too many goals. We floated around 7th and 11th all the way until Christmas, and were never that far of playoffs, but still far away. Then in January I had a bit on an injury crisis to my strikers and decided to bring in another striker. I found a young Portuguese Liverpool player, Bruno Vieira, who became a huge success! 19 goals in 20 league games and after he came we didn't lose a league game! This amazing streak we went on pushed us straight up the table and into contention for promotion. Cardiff had ran away early on so we were never close to catching them, but we overtook our former affiliate Wolves and the rest to go into a good second place. The deciding match was a nervy 3-2 to the other surprise package this season, Oxford. The mentioned Bruno Vieira chased down a poor backpass and robbed their goalkeeper of the ball and calmly passed the ball back into the net in the 95th minute to seal our promotion. Just amazing, and I'm really excited to try the team in the Premier League!

In the FA Cup we beat Ipswich and Swansea before losing home to Man Utd in the 5th round. In the Carabao cup we beat Tranmere, Barnsley and Leeds before losing to Arsenal in the 4th round.

My best players this season have been top scorer Manesseh Koenraat (the legend himself), the mentioned Bruno Vieira and our midfield general Edvard Tagseth.

f1FtYEE.png

@Warhawk: Tagging you for update!

5 minutes ago, Swindon69 said:

Congrats @XaW

4 minutes ago, Hypanimz said:

Great work @XaW - Enjoy the Premier League money, its insane!

Thanks guys, I look forward to it! My transfer budget is £24M already, so I guess the money will come in! :D

36 minutes ago, Hypanimz said:

Managed to persuade this guy to join me. Looks insane for 17 years old and will be joining me on January 1st. £14.75m is a steal!

Wow, that kid is amazing!

Yeah, I got the 17 foreign player limit & Ireland as non-foreign, only mine also applies to future contracts of players currently in the UK.

Honestly it's probably more fun than the current system since we can sign and play young South Americans right away now.

Not that my scouting range is wide enough to take advantage of it yet, but eventually I will.

We hit our peak after just four games, when a hot start to our league campaign had us in 2nd. A couple of rough patches of form followed, as we fell to a low of 15th place after 18 games. The midfield pack were really close, however - when we won the next game we rose to 9th in the table, sparking a deent run that took us up to 5th after 24. Defeat to Harrogate sent us back into the midfield pack, however, and there we stayed, taking dvantage of other teams having rough runs at the and of the season - spare a thought for poor Kevin Davies who lost his job as Southport manager after injuries ravaged his small squad of 18 senior players and they lost their last six games to help me along -  to lock in the last play-off place in 7th. Overall, a pretty decent season. 

Unfortunately, our play-off campaign came to an end at the first hurdle in a 2-1 reverse to Darlington.

A string of four games that we won convincingly against lower league opposition gave us a decent tie in the second round: home to League Two Bristol Rovers, on television. In front of a bumper crowd of 2,006 fans, we put on a brave display in losing 1-0, earning over £100k in combined gate money and TV money.

We were expected to reach the 3rd Qualifying round, and exceeded that with a 4-0 victory over Leamington. Unfortunately, after that we ran into Tranmere, a division higher than us, and on Boxing Day, we travelled to Prenton Park and left with a hard fought 1-0 defeat and our pride.

Players

Player of the Season:

Highest Average Rating (min. 10 apps): Jack Butler (7.19)

Top Scorer: James Berry (11)

Most Assists: Tristan Thompson-Matthews and Kian Smart (9)

Worst Discipline: Jake Thomas (8 yellow cards)

Ever-Present: Noah Jackson, Zac Lawrence, Max Smith, Lewis Wainwright and Keaton Ward (50 apps)

NpGguaI.jpg

Mid season update, started well and slowed a bit recently but we are actually scoring goals so hopefully I won't have the painful demise I did with Warrington. I switched to a narrow 433 to be more adventurous and because the AI would always destroy me with it in FM17. Also...

Fp3PB8y.jpg

Looks like I might be getting the softest of soft Brexits.

Dulwich Hamlet Football Club – Season 2018/19 – Vanarama National League South

download.jpg.55f8c143a00763b36ed10eb545bc84e6.jpg5a1a679b6d22b_DULWICH007.thumb.JPG.c3022907a0f0fbc3bbeb2f92b435c37a.JPGdownload.jpg.55f8c143a00763b36ed10eb545bc84e6.jpg

League – Coming in to the season we were predicted to finish 11th by the media which was in line with the board expectation. I made some major changes bringing in 6 players in pre season Ryan Hall possibly the pick of the bunch on high wages brought in on a free from Merstham the tricky winger was one I knew would dominate the league. Ali Fuseini was brought in to add even more experience to the midfield. A few youth players were also brought in on free transfers to boast squad depth but going in to the season I was happy enough.

First half of the season was amazing the tactic worked perfectly and we were sitting top only losing twice. I had brought in a few more players to deal with the injuries and rotation. Then in true FM style we started to draw games we were winning and losing games we were drawing. The goals had dried up so we brought in Lewis Walters to try and add a fresh approach up top. We made it to the final day of the season 2 points ahead of Billericay Town. Amazingly we were playing them on the final day of the season at their place. After a terrible start where they took the lead after 13 minutes we went in at half time 2-1 up after two quick fire goals. Second half we sat back and played on the counter attack and in an even game they just couldn’t handle the pace of Lewis Walters who scored a second half hattrick to add to his first half goal. We are Champions winning 5-1.

Cup – Non existent we were awful losing to non league Godalming 1-0 in the FA cup 3rd Qual round which was embarrassing. FA Trophy a 3rd Qual round defeat to Maidenhead United 2-1

Season AwardsThe fans players of the year went to advance playmaker Ashley Carew who was injured for a large part of the season but consistent performances gave him the award with an average rating of 7.54 in 26 starts.

Young player of the season went to Muhammadu Faal who had a flying start to the season. Finishing top goal scorer for the team over the season with 23 goals and an average rating of 7.14

Vanarama National League South player of the season went to Ryan Hall who was also the teams signing of the season. In 41 League apperances the winger scored 22 times only one behind Faal. He also managed a massive 17 assists and an average rating of 7.44

I also picked up the Vanarama National League South Manager of the season award

Other Screenshots - Finances - Season Awards - Vanarama National South OverviewTactics - Vanarama National South Player of the Season - Stadium Expansion - Season Review

Season	League				Pos	Achievements							
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19 Vanarama National South		1st	Champions, Manager of the season

12 hours ago, XaW said:

Softer than mine. Very soft in fact. I can't even sign Irish players without them getting work permits.... :rolleyes:

That can't be right, that must be a bug as i think there are separate rules governing Irish nationals, they have more rights than EU's now just like Malta and Cyprus which should continue.

Well done on promotion.

4 minutes ago, Thebaker said:

That can't be right, that must be a bug as i think there are separate rules governing Irish nationals, they have more rights than EU's now just like Malta and Cyprus which should continue.

Well done on promotion.

Ah, you are right. I looked again and I can get Irish players without permits. I mixed it up with a game I had on FM17, where the message especially stated that Irish players would need permits.

image.png.2b888b6435c94eb5248ecc9b3ca40baa.png

Staines 2021/22

Table | Squad | Transfers

Started the season well and remained in and around the playoffs all season without ever being near to challenging the top 3.
Poor form in mar meant the team dropped out of the playoff spots and with 3 games to go Plant got injured. The team rallied round to win all 3 including games vs Stalybridge and FC United.
The 1st playoff match was at home to Wrexham, played without Ward and a half fit Plant the team lost 3-2 in spite of having twice as many shots.
No real progress in the cups, in the  FA cup the team lost 3-1 at home to VNS Concord. In the FA trophy the team won a few unconvincing round before being thrashed 5-1 by Aldershot.
Finances are ok with the board putting in 130K in Jan, however the chairman wants to leave and there was a failed takeover in mar.

The defense is just appalling, the defenders just make mistakes every game so 1 have to score 3 to win matches.
It was summed up with Bush who i listed and ignored at the start and ended the season playing after trying 3 other players at LB.
The midfield was much stronger this season thanks to the addition of Robinson who was defensively more solid.
Up front Ward set a new club record for assists in a season, Pearce and the other young strikers also weighed in.
Plant was exceptional and ended up as the top scorer and highest average rating for the league, however he didn't even make the shortlist for VNL player of the season. He also is now the club record scorer

Season    League              Position     FA Cup           FA Trophy                  Achievements/Notes               
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19   Vanarama South      19th        3rd Q Round      3rd Q Round                 Avoided relegation                            
2019/20   Vanarama South      13th         2nd Round 	    1st Round     		      None    
2020/21   Vanarama South      5th         2nd Round 	    1st Round     		    Promoted             
2021/22   Vanarama National   13th        4th Q Round 	    1st Round     		      None     
2022/23   Vanarama National   5th         4th Q Round 	    3rd Round     		    Playoffs           

Finding it tough from a scouting point of view to know who is good and who isn't? Keep getting recommended players who are playing at a "Vanarama North/South Level" its like my scouts don't realise that we have been promoted, twice!

AX3W05A.png

Seasons 2020/21 & 2021/22

Vanarama National League

League Table 2020/21

Started the season fairly well with 6 wins and 4 draws after 13 games. Then just went to pot, couldn't string a run of results together and ended up a lower mid table team throughout the season. Eventually finishing in 14th.

Lost 4-1 away to Portsmouth in FA Cup 1st round, helped out with finances because of the 9k+ crowd.

Anthony Davis-Zebroski was the pick of the players, in on loan from Walsall. Tried to bring him in for the following season but he had no interest in returning.

League Table 2021/22

We were very good second half of the season (12-7-4) but just left ourselves too much to do after a poor start. Ending 6 points outside the playoffs, in 10th place. A couple of key signings made the difference towards the back end of the season and with all out key players tied down for next year, promotion should be a real possibility. 

Lost 3-2 to Dagenham and Redbridge in the FA Cup 1st round. 

Mamadou Djabi was our top goalscorer and Player of the Year. 25 league goals and 9 assists.

Dennis Adeniran came in midway through the season and was a major factor in us turning things around.

Niall Canavan also joined later on and improved us considerably at the back.

Got to be looking at playoffs as a minimum next season but genuinely think a title challenge is on the cards if we can bring in 2 or 3 more key players.

ALT2_zpscrfjcp1e.jpg

League - Squad - Dynamics - Transfers - Finances

Following missing out on a playoff place on the last day of the season last year several new additions were brought to Moss Lane in a bid to gain promotion from the division. The most highly coveted been Derry City midfielder Garreth Long who was a rock in the middle of the park and was quickly labelled the "Roy Keane" of League Two by the Moss Lane Faithful . An injury crises in November threatened to unravel the club's excellent league start , results suffered and by New Years day the club were 7th.  Despite news of constant takeovers all of which failed , results started to pick up in the new year - With three games to go promotion was sealed , As Barnet appeared to party following their promotion , The Robins nicked the title from under their noses.

Financially the club is not in a great place and the cost of promotion will be high due to the way contracts have been structured , further seasons of penny pinching are foreseen though the current board have just declared we are to get a new ground .  I am interested in finding out how they intend to pay for it .  Player of the season goes to the aforementioned Garreth Long ahead of Eddie Brown

cham9_zpsvglrxzyf.jpg

Damn... at Everton in the FA Cup, we took the lead less than a minute in, Everton ended up scoring to beat us 2-1 in the 91st minute.  Perhaps somewhat less impressive given that they're currently in the Championship, but still, good performance.

Well, I wasn't originally planning on selling Sands, and I even got the board to reconsider when they forced an acceptance of an offer of around a potential $400,000 in mid-January, but in the end Nottingham Forest just kept upping their offer, and I managed to get them to agree to $1,800,000 up front, 50% of next sale, loan back through the end of the season (since he's now leading the league in goals and we're gunning for the title).  Pretty good haul for a guy who Liverpool decided wasn't worth signing from their youth intake.  Went from being like $800k in debt (due to the new stadium being built) to over $1M in the bank.

Just got my most recent youth intake and I got an exciting message:

yIWQhSE.png

So who is this player who could be one of the best of his generation? Meet Jimmy Newby

arqxbls.png

Very good physicals, and not bad else. I need to have him tutored, but I think he could turn out amazingly.

3 minutes ago, Mr_Demus said:

I cannot get my head around this. All you guys seem to just be cruising. On my second attempt, and have still only won 2 games from 20-25.

Cannot get anything going tactics wise

IMO the first season is always the hardest.  Once you've built a core and started to achieve some success, it tends to breed more success.

6 minutes ago, Mr_Demus said:

I cannot get my head around this. All you guys seem to just be cruising. On my second attempt, and have still only won 2 games from 20-25.

Cannot get anything going tactics wise

As @Warhawk wrote, the first few seasons was the hardest. Then you should have built a core team who can take you up a division or two, then slowly rotate out the worse ones and keep upgrading the quality.

On 27/10/2017 at 02:05, G_D_K said:

Back with my annual bunch'o'saves for those that don't want to holiday themselves.  As usual, I'll do a batch of beta saves, and when the the full game goes live I'll post a couple different batches based on different save seeds with a differing # of players in the database.

Been playing as King's Lynn in an edited game so gonna give this a bash as them, thanks for the save files!!

Screen Shot 2017-11-26 at 23.05.55.png

A weird observation.

I have now tried Hereford two times. First save they ended up in North. Second in South.

When playng in North the players available to me seemed to get better and better. I signed massively in august and september, and regretted it due to many better players available in december.

Now in the South, I signed just enough players to make up a squad in august, so I would have wage space for the better players. But it seems that the players available in august were the best and only players from non league gets added to the available pile.

Maybe I will just have to wait and see, but it annoys me.

Archived