dafuge's FM18 challenge

XaW - Marine - 2023/24

Marine_F.C.logo.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

With 3 promotions in a row, I was once again very unsure how my team would cope with the higher level of opponents. I did bring in a couple of players, and release quite a bit, but as usual I try to keep the most influential players, or at least make sure we have enough influential players in the squad. The board also sold my super talented striker to Cardiff for peas, and I couldn't stop them, so I was a bit lacking in the talents department. At least until the new intake, but more on that later. The league started quite good as we won a couple, and then lost a couple, but were very close to winning or at least drawing the lost matches so I wasn't very worried. Then we started what I call our "Yo-Yo phase". We would win 3 matches, then lose 5, then win 2 and lose 3, then win 3, then lose 4. We so often looked to find our form and then lost again. We did lose narrowly quite a bit, so I guess this might be down to player quality, since I've kept a lot of players who had been with us from the depths. I think this summer will be a more of a clearout than we have had so far. We did dip as low as 19th at one point, but we were never part of the relegation battle and fought our way up again towards the end. Our final position was 9th, a very solid upper part of the table finish. If we get in the right players we could have a good chance at another promotion next season.

For the youth part, since I always like to develop youngster, we got in a couple of good talents to replace the one the board sold. Brad Pucknell got his debut since we had a keeper crisis toward the end and he did very well. Since I played a 15 year old in goal I gave a couple of other youngster a try in our final match. Guy Peltier scored on his debut, while Martin Irwin came in of the bench.

In the FA Cup we had a great run when we beat Wealdstone, Leyton Orient, Barnet and Port Vale and then drew Man City in the 5th round. An amazing match where we beat them 3-2 at Etihad saw us through, and also saw our finances get a real bump. We did lose in the 6th round to Middlesbrough. In the Carabao Cup we managed to beat Nottingham Forest and Middlesbrough before losing to Burnley in the 3rd round. In the Checkatrade Trophy we came through the group containing Wrexham, Man Utd U23s and Blackpool. We then beat Chesterfield and Macclesfield Town before losing to Wigan in the quarter final.

My best players this season have been young midfielder Edvard Tagseth whom we picked up in January, top scorer Miko Virtanen and loanee turned transfer Alan Coates.

ok0OuBT.png

@High Flying Dwarf: Tagging you for update.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, XaW said:

Oh, and we are getting a new stadium some time in the future.

IZzKjMi.png

That's a nice feature. Will look forward to see how that goes - Also taking into consideration, what would happen, should your chairman choose to sell the club in the meantime.

Lowestoft_Town_Badge.png

Lowestoft Town FC - End of Season 2020/21
19th in Vanarama National League
Final League Table | SquadTransfers | Schedule 1+2+3 | Awards | Season Review | Dynamics | Finances
Best Eleven

Lookback:
    So we went professional this year. This was much more of an issue than I though since everybody wanted way more wages (obviously, d'oh).
    We had an pretty uneventful season with the exception of the FA cup. We progressed to the 4th round where we were easily defeated by Brighton with 7-4.
    But financally this was a bliss. Ended up with a profit of roughly 200k € - this should help us for the next season and attract some talent.
    We extended our stadium to fit the league requirements ... costed us about 800k € - and a loan that we'll have to pay back until 2030.
    Additionally I found out that I was spending 6k/year for the idiots from my academy ... #facepalm stopped this, this year.
    I have to admit that I started simming games at the start of March since I was too far off of either side of the table ... 

Transfers (noteworthy):
    Nothing happening here really.
    I was mostly busy keeping my main players on full time contracts and unable to afford any improvements with new contracts.
    Therefore I signed 3 strikers on loan, 2 centre backs on loan ... on left/right winger on a hot prospect contract, one striker on a hot prospect contract.
    None really stood out. 
    Daniel Griffiths had a great run for us though - he scored 27 goals in 47 (1) games.

Outlook:
    Better finances, better players next year? I really need to address my defense. So I'm most likely getting 4 new defenders + goalkeeper.
    I want to finish in the top 10 next season and with a bit of luck and good signings I could see us make the play-offs.

Season       League         	 Position       FA Cup         FA Trophy       Top Scorer      		    Most Assists          Highest Rating
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19      Vanarama North    		19th       2nd Qual Rd       1st Rd       Jake Reed (18)     		Lewis Taaffe (11)    Eze Ebuzoeme (6.99)
2019/20      Vanarama North     	5th          1st Rd       3rd Qual Rd    Tom Hitchcock (34) 		Anthony Cook (15)    Bernardo Rosa (7.23)
2020/21      Vanarama National		19th		4th Rd			1st Rd		Daniel Griffiths (27)		Rachid Tiah (11)	 Lezion Cela (7.06)
2021/22      Vanarama National

5a109198061d9_kingslynn.jpg.9fa2459f91b6e90490fa95bbd8ba6df0.jpg

King’s Lynn dafuge Challenge

Season 2 – 2019/20 – Vanarama North

Second season in, and after a playoff final defeat last year, I wanted to be pushing for that promotion. Let’s see how that went.

Transfers: A bigger turnover than I expected, with some of my players leaving on a free and me finding a few random good players to fill various gaps in the squad.

BrexitLooks tough with the foreign player limits, but maybe it's a blessing in disguise since some leagues won't require work permits any more.

League: We were playing well but were a bit inconsistent and couldn’t pull away from the chasing pack until the very end of the season, when a fantastic run of form saw us smash the league and ran out easy winners with a whopping 101 points.

FA Cup: This competition always seems to bring out the best stories of the season. At home to League 1 Northampton in the second round, we went down 2-0 within half an hour, pulled it back to 2-2, only to go 4-2 down, then salvaging the tie in the last 10 minutes, and after a 4-4 draw winning away 2-0 in the replay. We lost to EPL’s Bournemouth in round 3, but that tie brought in some much needed cash.

FA Trophy: A great run, with the turning point being beating VNL’s Wrexham 6-1 at home to overturn a 3-0 deficit from the first leg. We held our nerve in the final, thrashing VNL’s Maidstone 5-1 to lift the trophy.

Best players: My performances this season went hand in hand with the strikers’ form; when all main attackers were out of form we really suffered, but luckily that wasn’t too often, and in the end new signing Micah Obiero (ST) and old boy Harry Limb (ST) chipped in with 34 and 33 goals respectively. Robbie Burton (MC) has created 10 and been playing solidly in midfield.

Facilities: a training facility upgrade came through, and I also upped youth coaching. Not enough money to upgrade training facilities again, but I’m building a data analysis center and upgrading youth facilities.

Season  |  League   | Pos.  |  FA Cup  |  FA Trophy  |  CL      |   EL       |  Top scorer        |  Top assists        |    Top rating        | Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19 |  Van Nth  |  5    |  R3      |  R1         |  n/a     |  n/a       |  Abioye (36)       |  Limb (17)          |    Limb (7.4)        | Lost in play-off final
2019/20 |  Van Nth  |  1    |  R3      |  won        |  n/a     |  n/a       |  Obiero (34)       |  Hmami (18)         |    Doughty (7.8)     | Promoted

Season  |  Finances  | Training Fac.  | Youth Fac.      | Coaching     |   Recruitment  | Stadium
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
	2018/19 |   £82k     |  Poor          |  Poor           | Adequate     |   Limited      | 8200 
	2019/20 |   £392k    |  Basic         |  Poor           | Average      |   Limited      | 8200 

5 hours ago, The Art of Drowning said:

Yeah all about the lump it long, got all of my back line on the most linited defensive roles.  Up to the others to create magic.

Put three up front, get it to them and let them score goals seems to be the most successful formula. I tried other formations and even though they looked like we were playing better football we just did not score as much. My defence still is woeful, worst in the league by a long way but I think I might survive anyway, going to be close.

28 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Put three up front, get it to them and let them score goals seems to be the most successful formula. I tried other formations and even though they looked like we were playing better football we just did not score as much. My defence still is woeful, worst in the league by a long way but I think I might survive anyway, going to be close.

That's the formula I have found to work best so far. Might not work further up the leagues but doing well in first season with marine right now. 

And straight after the game FM crashed and I lost the game. I don't replay games so the save is over, the attempt is finished.

****!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIRD ****ING TIME.

THIS IS ********. I AM ****ING FURIOUS. 

I SAVE EVERY ****ING DAY SO I DON'T LOSE ANYTHING BUT IT ****ING HAPPENS.

9 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

And straight after the game FM crashed and I lost the game. I don't replay games so the save is over, the attempt is finished.

****!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIRD ****ING TIME.

THIS IS ********. I AM ****ING FURIOUS. 

I SAVE EVERY ****ING DAY SO I DON'T LOSE ANYTHING BUT IT ****ING HAPPENS.

Why not just play the game again? If you win again, then perfect. If not, too bad and go on :) That way you don't have to start over. 

Did get the PRO upgrade at the start of L2. Board offered a new contract with that, and had expectations of mid table - which I think is sort of optimistic. The promotion odds have us at 7th place - no pressure!

Scouting tips:

1) Untick - Keep up to date (to reduce overall cost)
2) Pre season - Choose a scouting package from your available scouting region - to increase number of players to scout. Remove packages again when season starts (again to reduce scouting costs)

2 minutes ago, Kaiserwatman said:

7:45 KO in Manchester followed by a 3PM next day  - 300 miles away is a bit ROUGH  :rolleyes:

errwaht.thumb.jpg.32f40ed8bd27c780ec3555e8734be51c.jpg

Ouch, I'd report it as a bug. 2 games in 2 days should be avoidable. Even in non-league.

I'm in early February and my previously crack striker group has all of 8 goals since the start of December.  And 5 of them are by one guy.  Between August and November my strikers had 36 goals.  November 20 was not only the last time one of them had 2 goals in a game, it's the last time I had a game with two goals by strikers at all.  No games with more than 2 goals when we'd had 9 previously.  Fortunately our defense is a lot better this year and we've had 6 shutouts in that span and only have actually been held without any goals once, going 8-2-1 and moving into the top spot (and beating the 3 teams behind us), but I'd really like these guys to get it going down the stretch here... Like, I just had a match at Lowestoft, had 13 shots and 9 on target, they had 6 & 0, won 1-0.  Had a home match against Leamington, 17 & 11 versus 4 & 1, 1-0 win.  C'mon guys, get it together...

And of course as soon as I post that, Bailey Whalley, who hadn't scored in over 3 months, scores 2 while injured away at Guiseley in the Trophy, avenging our extra time loss to them in the same competition last year.

Semifinal of the FA Trophy, first leg I went up 1-0 early then had my left fullback sent off in the 15th minute and could only managed to hold on for a 1-1 draw.  Away in the second leg against a very good Billericay team, I turtled up and made it to extra time scoreless.  We won it in the 114th minute.  On our second shot of the game.  Which went in off the crossbar.

5pmMB7S.png

Lancaster City

Vanarama National League North 2019-2020

Year-End Update

Calendar

79Q6Grtm.jpg     VrkUUmbm.jpg

Competitions

Vanarama National League North

The efforts to improve the team continued well into the beginning of the season, and may have contributed to our somewhat slow start as we got everyone on the same page and match fit.  We did end up bringing back Jordan Mills, who improved over his poor previous season, though I think he could still be a good bit better.  In adding two strikers, Ben Mills and Richard Stimson, I ended up parting ways with Jeremiah Dasaolu who was concerned that I was signing players to replace him (guilty as charged!).  Aside from our new strikers, our most important additions were central midfielder Callum Wright, central defender Hayden Carter, and right winger Aaron Gilpin, who were also our top 3 players this season in terms of average rating.  Ross Barrows was also quite effective at right fullback.  We also brought in midfielder Dan Bradley and fullback Danny East, who were solid contributors though I was hoping they'd be a bit better.  Kyle Clarke still isn't any good and William Dunne, after a great previous season, was uninspiring in limited action this season.

After a solid preseason where we beat all the teams we should have, drew two VNL teams, and lost by just one goal to our League 1 affiliates Gillingham, we won our first two matches but then had a 5-match winless run which saw us drop to 11th, which would be our lowest position all season.  After this brief poor stretch, we went on an outstanding run that saw us take the league lead just before Christmas, and we lost only one game in an over 4-month stretch from early September to late January.  December and January, however, were a tenuous affair, as while our defense remained stout, our strikers began to slump, and our offensive production suffered.  We were nonetheless very much in control of the league, leading by double digits in points at times, through the beginning of March.  It was then that the team's form fell off dramatically, starting with a 1-1 home draw against lowly Curzon Ashton.  We would go 0-4-2 in our next 6 league games, and a couple of those draws were extremely fortunate, and following another 1-1 draw, this time away to Gloucester, we were left with a measly 2-point lead on FC Halifax, who had won their last 3 after a brief blip of their own.  It did not look promising with games against then-3rd place Harrogate and then-4th place Solihull up next, but against Harrogate, something suddenly clicked for us, and we recorded our best win of the season, 6-1 over the team that would eventually win promotion in the playoff.  After a 2-0 win against Solihull, we entered the final game still up by 2 points on FC Halifax, who had won their matches as well.  We managed to gut out a 1-0 win at Stockport in an ugly game that saw both teams awarded five yellow cards, though we need not have worried, as FC Halifax lost 2-0 to Gloucester anyway, and we finished as 2019-2020 Vanarama National League North Champions.

Final Table

Ms0gZcCm.jpg

FA Cup

Though we went two rounds fewer than last season, we can still consider our FA Cup run this season a success.  In our 3 qualifying round games, Bailey Whalley netted 6 goals, including a hat trick in a 5-1 win over Market Drayton, and Richard Stimson netted 4, with a hat trick of his own against Blyth.  We got a tough draw in the First Round at home against Coventry, who were at that point 4th in League 1 (though they fell off a bit later in the season).  We made a spirited effort of it though, ultimately giving up the winning goal in a 3-2 loss in the 87th minute.

FA Trophy

We went much farther in the FA Trophy this year.  After eliminating Hednesford, we drew last year's VNN runner-up (and playoff promotee) York, walking away with a 1-0 victory.  After a 2-1 win over Weston-super-Mare, we got a rematch at Guiseley, who knocked us out last season, and Bailey Whalley scored two goals while injured, his first goals in over 3 months, to seal our revenge victory.  An exciting, fast-paced game against Tamworth saw us take a 2-1 lead in the 78th minute, allow an equalizer in the 80th, then score the winner in the 82nd, with the teams combining for 19 shots on target without a single card awarded.  In the first leg of the semi-final at home against Billericay, we took an early 1-0 lead in the 10th minute, but after Jordan Mills was given a red card in the 15th minute, we could only hold on for a 1-1 draw as Billericay scored on a penalty in the second half.  In the midst of our slump, going into the second leg on the road having drawn at home did not seem promising, but we played defensively and kept it scoreless going into extra time, where in the 115th minute Callum Wright, on only our second shot of the game (and first on target) headed a ball off the crossbar that just landed inside the line for the winning goal.  In the final against Southport, we again took a scoreless draw into extra time, but this time were not so fortunate - a foul by Jordan Mills allowed Southport to score on a penalty in the 121st minute, a gutting way to end a fantastic run.

Squad & Awards

UR1pgkXm.jpg

We again had a group of three strikers each contribute substantially, with Stimson scoring 23 goals, Whalley scoring 19, and Mills scoring 18.  Interestingly, Alex Kitchen managed 6 goals as a central defender, double the rest of our defense combined.  Chris Cheetham had the second most shutouts in the league with 16.  Kitchen won the second most headers and 4th most interceptions.  Ross Barrows and Sam Bailey led the league in cross completion ratio, while we had 3 players in the top 12 in pass completion percentage (an area we improved significantly over last season).  All 3 of our strikers finished in the top 17 in minutes per goal.

Statistically, as a team, we scored the Statistically, as a team, we scored the 7th most goals with 68 (12 fewer than last season), but conceded the fewest with 35 (less than half our total of 72 from last season, an incredible improvement).  We were middling in terms of possession and headers won ratio, which was still an improvement after we were among the worst teams in those regards last season.  We were third in cross completion ratio, 2nd in goals from corners, managed a very good 9 goals from free kicks, and were second in shots on target ratio.  We were not quite as effective at tackling as in the previous season, but we improved our set piece defending (which had been miserable), conceding 5 goals from corners and 4 from free kicks.

Our players (and myself as well) received a variety of awards, listed below.

Fans' Player of the Season: Hayden Carter

Manager's Player of the Season: Callum Wright

Fans' Signing of the Season: Hayden Carter

Manager's Signing of the Season: Callum Wright

Fans' Young Player of the Season: Hayden Carter

Manager's Young Player of the Season: Callum Wright

November Player of the Month (Richard Stimson)

Runner-Up for Player of the Month (Ben Mills, September; Bailey Whalley, April)

Manager of the Month (November, December, January)

Third Place for Manager of the Month (February)

Manager of the Season

State of the Club

zlxCdabm.jpg

From a financial perspective, the club had a profit of approximately $73,000 last season, benefiting from a couple televised games and the change to scouting costs.  We have again been given a slightly increased payroll budget of $7,640 per week (approximately $2,000 higher than last season) which will give us room to make any necessary acquisitions as we are currently at less than $5,000/week.  I will again re-evaluate whether I will keep Chris Cheetham, and will look for a variety of other improvements across the board.  Clinching promotion also allowed us to re-sign Richard Stimson, who previously felt that we lacked the talent necessary to play at a level equal to his ambitions.  We have re-signed most of the players who are on part-time contract deals, as for the most part I'm reasonably pleased with their performances and see them all playing a part next season, though perhaps in some cases in more of a depth role.  I might consider seeing if Dan Bradley would be interested in joining permanently.  Our U23 squad has a number of players who could potentially step into a first team role, though again probably in more of a depth capacity.

No more info on the alleged new stadium that is allegedly being planned.  We'll see if anything comes of it.

Having had a negative balance for most of the season I was unable to gain any new coaching qualifications, but I am now studying for my National A license.

Our average attendance for the season was 419, last in the league and disappointingly only a slight improvement over last season.  Our best attendance at a home game was our televised FA Cup game against Coventry with over 2,200 in attendance, while nearly 20,000 saw us play at Wembley in the FA Trophy final.

My goals for the upcoming season are as follows:

• Mid-table finish
  • Reach the FA Cup 1st Round.
  • Reach the FA Trophy 3rd Round.

Season	 League			Finish  Achievements
2018-19	 Vanarama North		7th     Playoffs
2019-20	 Vanarama North		1st     Champions; FA Trophy Finalist

image.png.2b888b6435c94eb5248ecc9b3ca40baa.png

Staines 2021/22

Table | Squad | Transfers

Overall this was a good season as the team were always just the playoffs until a poor last 2 months dropped them down into midtable.
The team lost at home at the first hurdle to rivals from the division below in both cups.
Finances are ok with an increase in attendance  resulting in only a loss of 100k over the season.

I lost both of my goalies at the start and had to bring in another.
My defense looked a lot shakier this season with Nuhu looking good before falling away. LB was terrible with bush and Ughelumba both poor. Ughelumba started to improve and then got injured for 5 months leading to bringing in a loan who was equally bad.
The RB was only slightly better.
In midfield Worall and Klass were again excellent although Worall suffered from the team getting less penalties. Hardcastle coming in made a big difference as my midfielders generally are not good enough defensively.
Up front Pearce set a new league record for the club for goals even though he scored only 1 in the last 8 games. Plant has made up for Zanzala's loss by becoming my main striker. Ward also showed some promise.

Season    League              Position     FA Cup           FA Trophy                  Achievements/Notes               
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19   Vanarama South      19th        3rd Q Round      3rd Q Round                 Avoided relegation                            
2019/20   Vanarama South      13th         2nd Round 	    1st Round     		      None    
2020/21   Vanarama South       5th         2nd Round 	    1st Round     		    Promoted             
2021/22   Vanarama National   13th        4th Q Round 	    1st Round     		      None            

@HighFlyingDwarf

I thought that after 1 season in the VNL my rep would improve to sign some decent players but it seems i still can't attract any player who is more than 3.5 stars in current ability. Last season my wage bill was 130k per season, the next team was double that, 12 teams were over a million and 20 over 500k. Unsurprisingly  i was predicted to finish last and overachieved, this season the prediction is 23rd.

Image result for hereford fc

Hereford FC - Sky Bet League 1 - 2024/25

Last season we defied all expectations and lost in the playoff final in our first season in the division. This season I was hoping to build on that and strengthen the squad and get prepared for a promotion charge next season, we did a bit better and steamrolled the league. We led early and never relinquished the lead, opening up a huge gap midway through the season and we were never in any danger of not winning the league. 

League Table

Past Positions

Cups - I have never been a fan of the Checkatrade trophy, however this season we actually managed to win the competition which was a nice day out at Wembley for the fans. We made round 3 of the Carabao Cup before Leicester knocked us out. The FA Cup was interesting this season as we made it all the way to the 5th round. We even managed to pull off some upsets on the way beating Premier League Southampton in round 3 on a replay and mid-table Championship side Bristol City in round 4 before we drew Man City in the 5th round, we wont on to lose 3-1 which was a pretty good result and we even had chances to make it a closer game.

Squad - I mentioned last season that I needed to strengthen my defence which was my main priority in the pre season and I think I succeeded in doing so. I have also began moving out a few of my players who have come up with me from the Vanarama leagues. Sambou however is still scoring goals at this level so he will likely be given a chance in the Championship as he signed a new deal at the end of last season.   

Finances - Got some money in the bank mainly due to the cup runs. 

Transfers - I went big on Dermot Malone and Aaron Burke to improve my defence as I spent £725k combined on the pair of them and they formed my new defensive pairing. Pennington and Bowditch were great pickups on free transfers  and Rotondo on loan came straight into the starting lineup as my 3rd striker and did really well. Perry Taylor was also a great loan signing and played in my midfield. 

New Stadium

Key Player Profiles:

Alain Prevost - Great season by my number 1 striker. Almost a goal a game in the league!

Dermot Malone - My record transfer at £475k was money well spent as he was a rock at the heart of my defence.   

Aaron Burke - My other new defender who I spent £250k on to partner Malone. Should hopefully do well in the Championship also.

Next Season

Try to survive in the Championship.
Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19         Vanarama South              9th               FA Cup 2nd round  
2019/20         Vanarama North		    3rd	 	      Lost in playoff final
2020/21         Vanarama North		    1st	              Champions and FA Trophy Winners
2021/22         Vanarama National           1st               Champions, FA Trophy finalists & FA Cup 3rd round
2022/23		Sky Bet League 2	    1st		      Champions  
2023/24         Sky Bet League 1            4th               Lost in playoff final
2024/25         Sky Bet League 1            1st               Champions, FA Cup round 5 & Checkatrade Trophy winner

As I look at your career overview, @Hypanimz, I notice I'm just about following in your footsteps. 3 seasons in the regionals, then straight up to League 1 and a good season without promotion. Hopefully, this means I will get promoted the next season!

3 minutes ago, XaW said:

As I look at your career overview, @Hypanimz, I notice I'm just about following in your footsteps. 3 seasons in the regionals, then straight up to League 1 and a good season without promotion. Hopefully, this means I will get promoted the next season!

The thing I have found after doing this challenge for many years, is that it takes a few seasons early on to bring in the right players and get a solid system and then you can generally ride momentum up until the Championship. This is where it generally begins to get tougher. I would think you stand a very good chance of a promotion as you will have a good base to work off following your last season. 

Thankfully our attacking talent was enough for us to win the Conference National at the first time of asking as our defence is certainly not up to standard and we have no money to improve it!  Simen Moller regressed really badly all of a sudden so it was up to new signing Taylor-Crossdale to get us the goals.  I've just decided signing a 35 year old Wayne Rooney is a good idea for League Two, he's come in with barely any fanfare.

8973E8DBAAA070B75F0F6A76F5C504D4F2D075EA

C8C8E166318733C84C4F8F7401F6DE8A3C3B27FF

D68A825ED9234B597BEFE17BE465965A38533D52

1D2E9738A4A2228D514409B584252E7A34405980

1AE5B27D8868D3F3E600407B07480B5DA4948070

5BC305DE28D8A205AFD08C59C6C1353BF4AE01A0

3 minutes ago, Thebaker said:

@XaW - it could be worse, in my game they are near the bottom of L2 in their 2nd season in that division!

Ouch! Seems to be a good challenge playing with Sunderland. A club in obvious problems... I'm too fond of lower leagues, but I imagine it could be fun.

NeedhamMkt.jpg.0c8fe3e0c07fe120eee38a4527b0eb40.jpg

Midseason in VNS with Needham Market and we are hanging in there surprisingly well. We seem to have a good mix of determination as we have come back and won several matches in the late moments. Overall, we have managed enough offense - with loanee Jermaine Osei and surprising Charlie Cole leading the way. Midfield has been solid enough with Cameron Wiltshire, Callum Harrison and loanee Coden Duncan providing enough support for offense. Wingers Jack Simmons (very injury prone), Prince M'vumbi and Max Booth have been somewhat dynamic, but our crossing really isn't the strength of the side. Our backline of Kieron Morphew, Cristian Navarro, Sam Nunn and Emmanuel Omrore has been pretty steady- Nunn has distinguished himself as our penalty taker. Keeping isn't great- but Danny Gay and Arthur Janata haven't been brutally bad to this point. Our only midseason reinforcements are midfielder Harry Donavan and forward Decarrey Sherriff, which pushed our wage budget just over the limit. Sherriff is who I have high hopes for as he has great pace and should give us a boost off the bench (as his stamina isn't much). 

We will keep trying to hang around in the top half of VNS and see if playoffs can be a possibility- I don't see any way for us to win the conference (we were 1000-1 shots in the run-up). 

NeedhamS1-midseasonSched.png

NeedhamS1-midseasonTBL.png

I just realized that my best signing and highest rated player this last season is the same guy who was one of my best players during my attempt at this challenge last year, Callum Wright.  Didn't even remember it when I signed him, but it occurred to me after I posted my last update.

Anyone else suffering from spiralling debt?? Wage budget got cut from 10k p/w to 8k p/w then 7k p/w this season, with a 5.75k p/w budget for next season, I doubt I'll be able to put out a promotion winning squad! Do most board just wipe off the debt each season?

5a11bd2b75492_fianncesbad.thumb.JPG.a361d25642ea6eba78656daa06d656b4.JPG

Archived