dafuge's FM18 challenge

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Swindon69 said:

Oh I say - what a signing.

Yeah, I was quite surprised when he wanted to join.

1 minute ago, Sn00gle said:

Just joined be kind for me please boys ;) This guy is insane for our lvl unlucky he is 33yo tho :p

We are always kind.... well, kind of at least ;)

image.jpeg.d8fd86b4c41db2103471c8e1b8a36a48.jpeg

Warrington Town 2018-19

League Table | League Fixtures 1 | League Fixtures 2 | FA Cup | FA Trophy | Transfers

Vanarama National League North

Board expectations: Avoid relegation

My expectations: Mid-table finish

We started off the season really well with 4 wins, 7 draws and a single loss in our opening 12 league games. Ultimately that high amount of draws would be our undoing this season, but for now we were looking at a shock playoff spot- that is, until around October. We only won once in our 4 games that month, and we also won once in our 3 November games. However, if that was bad, December was absolutely awful. One draw and three losses in a winless December saw us slide down the table, and things were looking very grim as we were only another bad month or two away from the drop zone. Luckily, we won 3 games in January and only lost 1 game in all of February and March. At this point, we were around 6 points off the playoff spots and I was hopeful of a surprise spot. We went into the final 3 league games a single point behind 7th place but a defeat to FC United of Manchester and a thrilling 4-4 draw with Southport ended those hopes even before we hosted league champions Darlington in our final game. In the end, we finished 8 points outside the playoffs.

Overall, I'm delighted with our league showing this season but with 15 draws, it could've been so much more. Hopefully next season we can push for promotion into the Vanarama National League!

FA Cup

Board expectations: Reach Fourth Qualifying Round

My expectations: Reach First Round

I was confident of an FA Cup run this season, assuming we didn't get unlucky with the draw. Our first tie was away to Ossett Albion in the Second Qualifying Round, and we scraped through 6-5 in arguably the most exciting match of our season. We then drew Lancaster away from home in the Third Qualifying Round, and we coasted through 2-0. In the Fourth Qualifying Round we met Nuneaton Town at home. We took the lead through a penalty and I was sure we were through into an exciting First Round tie away to League 1 Charlton Athletic, but Nuneaton scored a cruel 94th minute equalizer to send the tie to a replay. We took the lead in that one, but threw it away to 3-1. We pulled it back to 3-2 late on but it was too late :( 

Again, a decent performance in this competition but we should've gone further. Next year, providing we get a good draw, we might be able to go a step further :)

FA Trophy

Board expectations: Reach First Round

My expectations: Reach First Round

Another cup competition that we could hopefully go far in, and we drew Carlton in the Third Qualifying Round, where we entered. We eased past 1-0 and drew North Ferriby United at home, who propped up the Vanarama National League North table this season. They were blown apart as we destroyed them 4-0 to set up a home tie with National league side Wrexham in the Second Round. We gave a good account of ourselves but a 0-2 defeat sent us crashing out.

Not much of a cup run as we only played 3 matches, but getting to the Second Round is an achievement and we can build on that next season.

Transfers

The squad I inherited only had 10-11 players, so over the course of the season I brought in no less than 21 players. I'd say my best signing was striker Nathan Cartman from fellow Vanarama North side Darlington. He cost £2.1k but he repaid me with 16 goals and 10 assists in 39 appearances, and an average rating of 7.07- the highest in my squad this season. The scouting meetings were really useful for me as I could find some great talent to scout without even having to do a lot. Next season I won't go as overboard on transfers as there is no need to, but I will be looking to offload a few players and bring in some replacements. My policy at Warrington has been youth- nearly all of my signings have been below the age of 23/24, and I want to continue this policy as it sets me up well for the future.

Professional status!! :D  :D 

As you may know from an earlier post, I managed to convince my board to make Warrington Town a professional club. As a result of this, players and staff must be moved onto full-time contracts and the amount of staff I am able to hire has gone up. I'm also hoping that I can attract more reputable players in the future to aid my ascent up the divisions :D 

Aims for next season

Push for a playoff spot in the league, reach the FA Trophy and FA Cup First Round.

Sorry for such an essay and well done if you made it all the way through :) 

Season  |     League     | Position |      FA Cup     | FA Trophy |    Top scorer     |    Top assister     | Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018-19 | Vanarama North |   11th   | 4th qual. round | 2nd round | Jamie Holmes (23) | Bradley Barnes (12) | Turned professional

I just got my new youth intake, and it seems like the money we have invested in the youth coaching and recruitment are paying back. Just got this kid through.

QimuTlu.png

Great Off the ball, good pace and finishing, well, most stats for a 15 year old at this level! He is probably one of the best strikers we have already, so I think he might get some game time as soon as he signs!

Oh yeah, and he scored 5 goals in the trial match against my youth team...

Grantham Town FC

Original Manager Profile 

2018/19 - Vanarama National North - 1st Place - | Squad | Season Summary | League Table | League Home Results | League Away Results | FA Cup Results | FA Trophy Results | Squad Dynamics | Injuries | Finances | Transfers | Board Confidence | Profile

2019/20 - Vanarama National League - 1st Place - | Squad | Season Summary | League Table | League Home Results | League Away Results | FA Cup Results | FA Trophy Results | Squad Dynamics | Injuries | Finances | Transfers | Board Confidence | Profile

It was a fun season, if not tougher than the first season. Lots of injuries between Christmas and Easter meant our huge lead was whittled away to 9pts. We should've won the league in April but kept slipping up. It was nice to win the FA Trophy as well. Survived a board takeover (they didn't bring much, just cleared our debt) and our new 4,000 seater stadium opens in June.

On to League 2, a huge overhaul is needed. New GK, Defence, Midfielders have to be a priority. Perhaps we were promoted too soon?

@High Flying Dwarf do you want us to tag you in to make updating the scoreboard easier? :)

XaW - Marine - 2022/23

Marine_F.C.logo.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

So, League Two, huh? I don't know how this would go, but at least we went professional before the season started. So my first task was getting the staff and the important players, and that went pretty well except my assistant who refused to sign a new contract since he had signed one not long ago. So he went most of the time on a part time deal, though he finally signed a full time deal in January. In the league it went surprisingly well as we won a couple of times, and then drew 5 matches. Still, it's better than losing. We did keep picking up a lot of points though, but our form was pretty inconsistent. In January I picked up a former Premiership player and this helped us to get on a steak of 9 wins and 1 draw the next 10 matches. This rocketed us up to the fight for promotion. With a couple of matches left we got the message that we were promoted after a loss to AFC Wimbledon. Before the final game of the season I had the possibility of winning the whole thing if we won the last and Exeter lost. We did win our game away to Coventry after the winning goal in the final minutes. However, Exeter also got a last minute goal to win 2-1 over Ebbsfleet. So a final spot of 2nd place was far above what I expected before the season started. Now let's see if we can cut it in League One!

In the FA Cup we had a decent run as we beat Margate and Stalybridge Celtic, but lost away to Everton in the 3rd round. In the Carabao Cup we lost in the 1st round away to Barnsley. In the Checkatrade Trophy we got past the group stage in a group with Burton Albion, Burnley U23 and Rochdale, but lost to Bolton in the 2nd round.

My best players this season have been loanee Jim Barlow, loanee Alan Coates and Greek midfielder Stavros Pechlivanidis.

rscDDhw.png

@High Flying Dwarf: Tagging you for update.

2018/19 season - Margate - Vanarama South - 13th place - 51pts

Summary

Ah the seaside town of Margate. A great summer holiday destination, but can its football team have equally sunny joy in the Vanarama South?

I was expected a long hard slog of a relegation battle, but we usually managed to stay around 10 points above the relegation zone for most of the season. Will be looking for mid-table consolidation in 2019/20 with a more prepared and well-rounded squad.

Gameplay thoughts:

Fitness - I think they key is to at least get 15 players fully match fit for the beginning of the season which means scheduling friendlies every 2 days or so

Transfers - Hiring 3 scouts was key for me here, assigning the entire scouting pool to scout the country for 'end of contract' players who I could sign on a free. As the season wore on, players often got more desperate, willing to sign when they previously weren't interested or for much more affordable wages.

Tactics - in my first attempts at this challenge, I was trying to play come complex 4-5-1 counter tactic which just didn't work out. Now that I switched to 4-4-2 with one target man and poacher up front, results seem to be much better.

Best players;

Alex Osborn - Right winger - 27 apps, 4 goals, 11 assists

Seemed to be assisting goals for fun in the tail end of the season, ensuring we got the late goals we needed when it mattered. Unfortunately he suffered damaged cruciate ligaments in pre season (out for 8-12 months!) which I hope won't be too fateful for next season.

Michael Thalassitis - Striker - 32 apps, 16 goals, 5 assists

There's always a few quality players that are in the squad you inherit in these challenges, ans Michael was one of them. To escape relegation we needed someone who could hit the ground running with goals, and he duly delivered.

Dan Darbyshire - Striker - 23 apps - 14 goals - 3 assists

Nabbed on a free transfer from QPR a few months into the season. Having never played a minute of first team football before his arrival, Dan settled it quickly, scoring 14 goals in 23 games. At 21 year of age, here's hoping he could be useful for the next season at least. 

5a0892915f8c5_season1.thumb.JPG.7ae824524306fd63477d35269fb16c9d.JPGdarbyshire.thumb.JPG.a891c9b370cae3bc379952c7e509c38a.JPGosborn.thumb.JPG.f7af96ae7e049685afb576bbebcb871d.JPGthalassitis.thumb.JPG.4313606800cb40349d055e32cb8d89ab.JPG5a08928e9197a_osborninjury.thumb.JPG.0de4b2bd1506a00ad6b10764a2d86c84.JPG

7 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

It seems to me that once managers get promotion out of north or south league getting through the National League and League Two is a lot easier.

Yeah, my struggle so far was getting out to the regional league. I finally got out after 3 years there, and then I've gotten two more promotions on the run. I think my major fault was changing too much in the squad each summer, so the dynamics of the team went out the window. So I'm trying to do smaller changes each season, though I still get rid of a lot of crappy ones, but at least I'm keeping the influential ones. 

EEcnpLv.jpg

League Table | Squad | Transfers

"What is going on?! Kettering Town have lit a fire under themselves, there's no stopping them" - random rival fan

"It's a Bird...It's a Plane...It's Kettering FC zooming up the leagues!" - Kettering Town FC fan

"Those blokes are definitely on some steroids" - suspicious rival nan

These were just some of the headlines locals read as fans of Kettering Town FC ran rampant. Their team had pulled the impossible and gotten promoted to the Sky Bet Championship. This team is now one of the big dogs! Fans and rivals alike are flabbergasted at how far the team has come in the short time the American manager has been at the helm. 

Dangly McBalls continued weaving his magic, and through his aggressive counter-attacking philosophy the team once again managed to confirm promotion to the higher league. As has been the case the last few seasons, counter-attacking and using three strikers has come at a cost, defense-wise this team is quite terrible. It wasn't an issue in the lower leagues where his strikers had the quality to bang in the goals, but in the Championship the quality gap is humongous. 

Stadium Upgrade 

5I3PFGx.jpg

The move up to the Championship means we need more people watching games. The owners somehow managed to scrounge together 600kish to start building a new stadium, but at around 5,000 seats, we'll still be one of lowest attendance teams in the league. We'll have to expand this quite quickly to take advantage of the higher attendances. 

Overall Outlook 

Back-to-back promotions is definitely a good thing, but it also means the team as a whole hasn't had the time to catch up with rival teams. Kettering Town FC may be in the Championship, but the stadium, the youth facilities, the training grounds etc are still at very semi-pro levels, and that's now starting to be a problem. By this point I was hoping to have had 1-2 good youth pulls that I could sell for a decent amount to bankroll my team upgrade - but that hasn't happened. 

I've also now lost a significant chunk of my team (not to mention last season 8-10 players were on loan as it is). I'll have to spend a lot of time this pre-season scouting for potential players. 

I expect I'll have a challenge on my hands this season, and the aim is to firmly plant the team in the mid-table. What happens, remains to be seen...

2 minutes ago, oohlala111 said:

Another promotion?! Jesus, what's your secret!?

I started using 3 striker formations after my 2nd promotion :p But I'll probably go back to 4321 since Championship attacks are on a very different level. 

Team talks after mid-season have helped a lot too (players usually start complaining about wage bumps and training around that time). 

Loans, loans and more loans. 9-10 loans last season, 4-5 starting EVERY game. Similar numbers in prior seasons. 

1 minute ago, Upside Down said:

Kettering Town also start with a high reputation, the same as Billericay, so I imagine that helps.

Absolutely, I mentioned that a few posts ago. Was a much easier start for me with Kettering. 

image.png.09c752e510e7bd341e3c11254bef2675.png

Season 2019-2020

League Table

Transfers

Finances

Bassala Sambou - player of the year

Javairo Dilrosun - key player

Harry Smith - key player

Stewen Hewitt - key player

A great second season with Billericay. Dissapointing cup runs, but my first season in the Vanarama National League ended with a second consecutive promotion, winning the league with a margin of 32 points, ending with 112 points and 133 goals scored. Very happy with those numbers as a newly promoted team!

Made a good foundation during silly season, looking thoroughly for players. Bringing in a striker duo of Bassala Sambou (ex-Everton junior) and Harry Smith (played for Swindon last season) really made the difference this year in terms of securing promotion. Playing a 4-4-2 with attacking wingers and very direct football the big striker/little striker really paid off. Sambou scored 52 goals this year, 47 goals in 45 league appareances really says it all. The first half of the season was his best and with his form alone we got away from the pack early, and halfway through the season it was clear we were going to win the league. In January I secured Javairo Dilrosun on a free transfer, a steal for a club our size. Dilrosun played in the Eredivise last year and clearly had no problems fitting into Vanarama National... Stewen Hewitt, my best player last season continued to impress from his BWM position, providing great turnover play. We lost our best defender in January, Yeboah Amankway, to Fulham for £180k to Fulham (release clause). A blow in terms of next season as I now have to get a quality defender in to replace him, but we should be alright. 

Played against Leeds at home in the FA Cup 3rd round, a game we lost 1-2. Fair enough against a Championship team, but the revenue we made from playing at Old Trafford last year really would have helped with our bad finances. I am within my wage budget, but its really high and we have the highest wage budget in the league without a doubt. 

In the FA Trophy we had a shocker against Darlington in the 3rd round, losing 1-5 away in what was no doubt the worst performance of the year. 

The board has decided to build a new 5000 capacity stadium for a cost of £5,8 million, which seems like a really bad decision. We have enough financial problems as it is and we are only covering 40% of our capacity today. While the stadium is being built we will be playing next season at Ebbsfleet Stadium. 

Overall its been a great season. Consecutive promotions demands a high player turnover and I hope I can carry over the fantastic squad dynamics that we have today over to next seasonm which certainly was a factor in this seasons success. I havent really been relying to much on loanees, only two starting players are on loan from other clubs, and I hope to keep the core of the team as it is today into next season. A couple of defenders and a quality CM would bring me a long way, but knowing myself I will probably change it up quite a bit. Hopefully playing in League 2 can bring som Championship players on loan. 

Goals for next season: Mid table finish :)

Season  |     League         | Position |      FA Cup     | FA Trophy |        
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018-19 | Vanarama South     |   1st    |     4th round   | 1st round | 
2019-20 | Vanarama National  |   1st    |     3rd round   | 2nd round | 

7 minutes ago, Hypanimz said:

Did you not have the option to protest the transfer? I've managed to protest twice to keep a player, although I have also failed on a couple of occasions. 

Yeah, I did, but they refused my protest. Believe me, I tried every trick in the book, but he left, and not for enough money for me. But, it's nothing I can do about it. I had hoped he would guide us to to top though, but he finished with 10 games and 6 goals and an average rating of 7.24. He had a horrible personality though, and at Castinar's stream I compared him to Balotelli. My only hope now is that Cardiff sell him for millions in a couple of years, or that they release him and I might pick him up again for free. Either way is fine. :)

4 hours ago, VooDooYouDo said:

Here's a Met Police save for the lovers. Any St. Neots out there? I have some other saves uploading at the moment that I haven't seen elsewhere.

https://mega.nz/#!tDIjVQhD!rhDDMRZTrse8ChaiLuXTBfIwSxpt9LC_aSbaWwbfqiM

I've done a fair bit of reloading (still trying to decide which club) and I did see St Neots come up once. Sorry I didn't save it but they are possible at least!

First match of the season with Barwell, after a difficult preseason where I struggled to find players to sign, two players sent off, conceded two penalty (although one was missed) in a 2-0 loss. It is slightly encouraging we only conceded from set pieces and did not concede in almost a half down to 9 men. 

Bit of an inauspicious start as after getting a bunch of trialists on board I took an away friendly against Colchester for the money to kick things off and gave up 2 goals in the first 2 minutes.  Were down 5-1 at the half.  That was the final score though, and we actually out-shot them 6 to 4 in the second half and hit a couple posts, so I suppose it wasn't all bad.  Possession was just about even too.

4 games into the season, 1 draw and 3 losses. Ended up without 11 players at the end of the match in three of them, twice due to red cards and once due to a late injury. Draw was a 4-4 game where I came back from 3-1 down to 3-3 only to give a goal in the 91st minute. However in the 93rd minute received a penalty which was converted for the draw, Scoring enough goals, but conceding far too many.

I have a tiny wage budget but still well under it. However that is not good enough for the board, they just reduced transfer revenue retained because they are worried about wages.

So after a couple more friendly losses, 2-1 away to Dunfermline and 3-1 home to Wrexham, we smacked Barrow at home 3-0.  Bodes well for our chances to stay up in the first season.  Signed 10 players so far, 4 on decent sized contracts and the others for small-money or non-contract deals.  One more significant contract in the works and I think I'll be happy with the squad to start the season.

Looking at the comparison screen it seems the team is young (my usual modus operandi), fast, smart, and good at shooting, but they probably couldn't jump over the touch line and a stiff breeze would blow them over.  Also we apparently can't pass or cross.

Also I noticed our nickname is The Dolly Blues and that's fabulous.

Well, first game in VNN, we go down to FC United 4-0 in the first half, pull it back to 4-3, end up losing 5-4.  Wacky.

BTW, after that friendly win over Barrow we got destroyed by the Man City U23s, then lost rather embarrassingly to Marine.  Went down 2-0 to FC Nomads in our last friendly before coming back and taking it 3-2.  Bad starts seem to be our thing.

EDIT: Went down 1-0 home against Spennymoor in our second game off a penalty, came back and tied it at 1-1.  Missed like 4 great opportunities in the second half to win it.  We actually conceded a penalty against FC United as well, we'd have 4 points instead of 1 if we weren't stupid.

EDIT 2: We conceded ANOTHER penalty in a 2-2 draw away against Brackley in which we were clearly the better team.  This despite committing the third fewest fouls in the competition.  We should be at 7 points now, not 2.

EDIT 3: Finally won a game after going down 1-0 at home to Gainsborough, this time we didn't mess around in the second half and won 4-2.  One of my strikers got hurt and will probably be out a month but the other had a hat trick.  All 3 of the strikers I'm playing regularly now have 3 goals through 4 games.

Burgess Hill Town
Season Summary 2019-20

Burgess Hill Town F.C. logo.png

Final Position 1st 

Squad - Table - Finances - Transfers - Season Review - Profile

Following last seasons 2nd place, the board expected a min. playoff for this season. With a few signings (compared to what I normally tend to sign) it turned out to be a breeze to gain promotion as league winner
Stuck to same tactic with a few tweaks in terms of marking opponents and the squads already good knowledge turned into great results. Spent roughly 1/3 of season training Cohesion, which also paid off.

All in all the majority of players performed well (when they weren't injured) but two players really made a difference. Mark Waddington (who went on to win Player of the season) was amazing in midfield, and Reece Miller really was the only option in the attack.

The cups were disappointing in comparison to last season with a 3rd round exit in the FA Cup (really close to upsetting against Wolves) and a really disappointing exit in the FAT 2nd round to Tranmere.

Probably the most exciting part of the season, was getting more seats in the stadium. Next to that, that we had a fan day!

Season          League          Position       FA Cup          FA Trophy          Carabao Cup          Euro         
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19         Vanarama South  2nd           2nd  round       Winner     	  NA       	       NA
2019/20         Vanarama South  1st	      3rd round        2nd round  	  NA	       	       NA

Lowestoft_Town_Badge.png

Lowestoft Town FC - End of Season 2019/20
5th in Vanarama NL North - Promoted
Final League Table | Squad | Squad Performance | Transfers | Schedule 1+2+3 | Awards | Season Review | Dynamics | Finances
Best Eleven

Lookback:
    We started extremely well with a 5-1 at FC United. 4 people scored, all new lads. However we never really started finding our groove until the new year. Negative highlight was the 2-6 at home against Leamington. At boxing day we were around the 10th place and the play off spots weren't far away but the current form seemed just to shakey. FC United helped us out again and following a 3-1 victory, we managed to snatch 2 more wins. Then Gainsborough smashed us ... and we couldn't record anymore wins in January. Used my team meeting to try turn things around - as well as a complete switch in tactics - and boy did it work. We won every game in February and March (9 wins). That sent us in playoff territory. But already in March we could see that the team didn't like winning that much. Back to back games against the bottom of the table were barely won - and the football we played was embarrising at times. But still ... the form was good at times we could have tried to reach the 2nd place ... but I rather rested my key players after we secured our play off spots 2 fixtures early. Last two games were also against play-off teams ... and Kidderminster we went up 4-1 to draw 4-4. Tamworth totally destroyed us 2-5. 
    However Kidderminster was also the first team in the Playoff. We went up 3-0 after 35 minutes .... and then we stopped playing ball and begged to concede some goals. Luckly we managed to rescue the lead and advance. 
    Darlington up next - they had professional status ... so we knew this was going to be very hard. I did not change my tactics and we actually managed a 0-0 after 90 minutes. After kickoff however Darlington scored 1-0, we threw everything upfont and managed to go with 1-1 into penalties. Darlington missed 2, we missed none.
    Boston United was the end boss. They had eliminated FC United 2-1 (1st Rnd) and Tamworth 5-2 in the Semifinal. Tshimanga always scores against me ... this time as well. Looked like a poor game until we scored the equalizer in the 70' and somehow managed to have one good set piece routine and score in the 88' for the promotion!

Transfers (noteworthy):
    Tom Hitchcock, Striker - Already had him on trial last season but then he was to expensive. Turned out to be one of THE signings this season. 46 (6) apps, 34 goals, 11 assists - 7,06. He was just smashing left and right. He's 27 and my staff consider him a backup player ... they're idiots. (Top Goal Scorer League)
    Shaun Okojie, Striker/Winger - He was mainly part of the first half of the season ... before we switched tactics. Was mainly used as a right Target Man Winger. Good in the matches he played. Most likely won't get a new contract though. 29 (19) - 13 goals, 8 assists - 6,95
    Anthony Cook, Winger (left) - Needed someone new for the left side, since Shaq Hunter was just too ***** and expensive. He did a useful job ... especially at the beginning of the season - afterwards he was just there because I had no backup for him. 44 (4) apps, 7 goals, 15 assits - 7,11
    Lezion Cela, Central Midfielder - Young backup solution for my central midfield. Did well and in the end managed to break into the first team. Scored the goal that got us promoted. He stays. 32 (9), 5 goals, 7 assists, 7,03
    Moroyin Omolabi, Central Midfielder - Same story as Cela ... only he didn't manage to break into the first team. Arrived from Tottenham. Was decent enough and is still young. I guess he could stay. 10 (26) apps, 1 goal, 3 assists - 6,68
    Bernardo Rosa, Attacking Midfielder - He was simply brilliant. He was offered to me and since he played at West Ham before ... I offered a trial and immediatley signed him after seeing some of his stats. Was always a danger and in the 2nd reason I actually build my tactic around him rather then trying to fit him in (had no AMC spot open before). 42 (5) - 16 goals, 11 assists, 7.23 - Player of the Season (League)

Outlook:
    So we're definitely going to fight relegation next year. No way around that. I didn't manage to stabilize my defense (5th worse in the league) and I'm not sure how my attackers are going to do a league up.
    I've already hold my board hostage to let us go professional ... that should help talent to grow like Rosa, Cela, etc - my trainers already told me that the could improve so much more ... let's see.
    Finances were decent this year, we finished with a loss of only ~60k € ... hopefully next season will be break-even. My wage budget only went up 4000 € per year ... so I guess we're not changing the quality much. But hopefully some people will get full time contracts.

Season       League          Position       FA Cup         FA Trophy       Top Scorer          Most Assists          Highest Rating
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19      Vanarama North    19th       2nd Qual Rd       1st Rd       Jake Reed (18)     Lewis Taaffe (11)    Eze Ebuzoeme (6.99)
2019/20      Vanarama North     5th          1st Rd       3rd Qual Rd    Tom Hitchcock (34) Anthony Cook (15)    Bernardo Rosa (7.23)
2020/21      Vanarama National

Image result for hereford fc

Hereford FC - Sky Bet League 1 - 2023/24

After 3 consecutive promotions I was worried that we would really be up against it this season as I still had plenty of players from the Vanarama North/South squad still playing and upon looking at the team comparison page I realized this was going to be a harder season for us. For the first few months of the season we were sitting around mid table and I had noticed we were conceding plenty of goals from balls over the top as we are now facing a lot faster players than we had been previously. I changed things up and dropped deeper and suddenly we started getting results where previously we had high scoring defeats or high scoring draws and we began to climb up the table. I never thought we would challenge the promotion spots as we had quite a bit of ground to make up but the teams ahead of us dropped points and we moved into the playoffs with around 10 games to spare and managed to jump up to a final position of 4th place. We faced Sunderland in the semi final and in the first leg we were 1-0 down going into injury time and we were awarded a penalty, we missed and Sunderland countered to score and win 2-0. In the return leg at home we took them to extra time by winning 2-0 in normal time before blowing them away to win 5-1 overall on the night to reach the playoff final against fellow recently promoted team AFC Fylde who have matched me coming up through the divisions. We completely outplayed them in the final however the goalkeeper had a blinder and they scored with their only shot on target from a set piece and won 1-0. So Fylde went up and we stayed put. Overall I am not unhappy as I think another season or 2 in this division will help in the long run as if we did get promoted I fear we would have been sent straight back down.

League Table

Past Positions

Cups - I dislike the Checkatrade and i'm not interested in this trophy one bit. We lost in the 2nd round of the Carabao Cup to Bournemouth. We made it to round 3 of the FA Cup but didn't get a lucrative tie as we were drawn with Grimsby who knocked us out.

Squad - Has some strength but I really need to improve my defence for next season as that let me down. Could do with a new midfielder also. I dont have a great deal of quality however I do have a couple of gems who I can build around.   

Finances - £1.5m in the bank largely came from the sale of a couple of players and the playoffs. 

Transfers - Plenty of new faces again as my scouts threw up a couple of players from the French leagues which surprised me. Prevost looks very strong as does Youssouf who both cost money. My chairman sold club captain and goalkeeper Watkina for a measly amount and I failed to replaced him so I had to bring in a loanee. In January I sold Adrian Turner who I bought for £10k for £1.9m rising to a potential £2.9m and a 50% of future profit and I managed to loan him straight back in which I will also attempt to do next season.

Key Player Profiles:

Alain Prevost - I'm unsure how my scouts found him but they did. Cost me £450k which was a lot of money but I think he was worth it. Top scored with 35 goals. 

Bassala Sambou - Only managed 32 games as had multiple injuries. Still scored 23 and set up 18 however his contract is up and he wants more than I can currently afford so this may be the end of the road.   

Adrian Turner - £10k signing who I sold for potentially £2.9m + 50% future fee who I loaned back in is great in the midfield. I will attempt to loan him back next season.

Next Season

Mid table and build for a promotion charge the following season.

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19         Vanarama South              9th               FA Cup 2nd round  
2019/20         Vanarama North		    3rd	 	      Lost in playoff final
2020/21         Vanarama North		    1st	              Champions and FA Trophy Winners
2021/22         Vanarama National           1st               Champions, FA Trophy finalists & FA Cup 3rd round
2022/23		Sky Bet League 2	    1st		      Champions  
2023/24         Sky Bet League 1            4th               Lost in playoff final

CHAM4_zps1ltvhlc4.jpg

League - Squad - Dynamics - Transfers -  Finances

A season ending injury to last season's top scorer Tom Peers effectively killed off any remote chances of Altrincham making a second successive promotion charge. The Robins started the season brightly and by mid November the club were in fourth place but that was about as good as it got and the club slide back down the table as the months rolled on . It was pretty evident of the struggles against the professional sides within the division , something which will roll into next season again as the board are currently unwilling to make the jump.  Overall plans for next season is to increase the squad size by two , as the current squad is too small to cope with league and two cups and try keep hold of the current crop. The FA Cup was pretty much a write-off as it has been every season so far with a 4-0 win over Chester followed up by losing to Havant & Waterlooville in round 1. 

In the FA Trophy things were a little different with quite a favorable draw all the way through the competition. It all ended at Wembley where The Robins were truly hammered but i am sure the fans enjoyed the day out

cup.thumb.jpg.90c38617b8c82365e5191e4ecdc097af.jpg

fin_zpsezivxxmk.jpg

Sacked.thumb.png.33466d90d56ac75a601f01404ec47bb2.png

To anyone who might have been following I am sacked and to my understanding unless I start totally over am out of challenge too, but I am continuing my save next season with this manager. Anyone who wants to follow me i'll be in dafuges channel ... if they let me after this failure.

Archived