Picture Portrait for Manager

ahy

8 hours ago, warpedpolecat said:

Lol to be fair, my 3d model looked absolutely awful! 

As warpedpolecat said, sometimes it doesn't look good.

Moreover, It breaks visual consistency because all other players and managers' portraits are real photos. (I'm using face packs)

Anyway, I'm really annoyed we can no longer use picture as portrait in FM2017. I'm not sure if it's just me...

Not saying 3D is bad, but I don't think it's a good idea to just take a feature off when you're introducing new things. Should've given user a choice.

Think about how Microsoft changed the start menu on Windows 8 and how people reacted to that.

If you turn on IDs next to manager's name, you can make config file for your pic, just as facepacks do.

Make new folder in /graphics (eg. my picture), put the picture there and make config.xml file in the same folder as the pic.

Open config.xml with notepad or notepad++ and paste this

<record>
	<!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- dont preload anything in this folder -->
	<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->
	<boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<!-- logo mappings -->
	<!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions
			 in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any
			 place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics
			 files from the correct places
	-->

<list id="maps">
		<!-- Auto generated by fmXML -->
		<record from="PICTURE NAME" to="graphics/pictures/person/GAME ID/portrait"/>
	</list>
</record>

Just change Picture name and GAME ID accordingly

1 minute ago, SkaldfraNorden said:

If you turn on IDs next to manager's name, you can make config file for your pic, just as facepacks do.

Make new folder in /graphics (eg. my picture), put the picture there and make config.xml file in the same folder as the pic.

Open config.xml with notepad or notepad++ and paste this

Just change Picture name and GAME ID accordingly

Replacing the human manager picture with a custom xml file is not supported in FM 2017.

My 3D avatar looks really gaunt, I'd like to go back and change it but I can't find anything to do that without deleting my config files and starting over. How do we edit our manager's appearance after we've started a game? Is it possible?

Me vs FM17.png

I really wish FM17 would allow us to use a real picture instead of the 3D.

The 3D worked OK, but why use something which looks like 25% of you, when you could just use an actual picture like previously.

Hopefully we will get the option to use a picture again in the first patch.

1 hour ago, McClane29 said:

I really wish FM17 would allow us to use a real picture instead of the 3D.

The 3D worked OK, but why use something which looks like 25% of you, when you could just use an actual picture like previously.

Hopefully we will get the option to use a picture again in the first patch.

Absolutely. Why make something less perfect which was already perfect.

I already raised an issue and hopefully they take it serious enough to add an option:

Another point of emphasis is your 3D avatar is synonymous with your career file, so if you want a new 3D avatar, you have to restart your game. What's worse, when you go through the procedures to change your face, you have to not only load in with all the nations again, but the stat distribution system defaults to what's recommended for your license and player experience, automatically changing your stats to inaccurate values. The license and player experience should not have "recommended" ticked by default.

Already started my career save and it kinda sucks that i won't be able to have a 3D version of my ugly head in the game.
Basically just because i didn't have a picture available at the time. Wish i could make an avatar after creating the save.

It's wasted time and resources on stuff like this that annoys me about SI.  Should have left it as it was and spent that time and money doing something far more important that is either A) needed or B) been requested for years.

3 hours ago, Maviarab said:

It's wasted time and resources on stuff like this that annoys me about SI.  Should have left it as it was and spent that time and money doing something far more important that is either A) needed or B) been requested for years.

spot on

10 hours ago, Maviarab said:

Totally agree

Mine is too terrifying to make public. It's fair to say that, if you have long hair and a beard, the creator doesn't like it.

bizarrely you can't even make a manager with a long beard or long hair. Seems like SI come from the military school of what hairstyles should look like!

The 3D face would be great if the sideline manager was large enough to see the facial detail and that was the only place that we'd see the 3D image.  It's not though, and I miss seeing my real picture along with all of the other real pictures that populate the game.  As mentioned above, if you have facial hair your 3D image always comes out looking like you got hit by a bus.  I like the game, but I don't like being stuck with a cartoonish manager image of myself.  Please make this feature optional before the full release.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Andromeda skin also has the facility. You need to create your mugshot as a .png file 180x180 pixels. Go to the extra line that appears in Preferences to click on the box and add picture from your PC.

Ah right, it's in interface settings, and also, what is the Andromeda skin like?

6 hours ago, YolocastDirk said:

Ah right, it's in interface settings, and also, what is the Andromeda skin like?

I'd say there are a lot of high quality skins this year, but for me Andromeda is the best. I had switched to Vitrex due to a couple of irritating issues but they were addressed in the latest Black F incarnation and I can't honestly see any faults now.

• 1 month later...

If SI is going to do it, they need to go all in.

Make it like what is available with a AAA role-playing game where you can adjust things practically down to the skin pore.

What they have now is what you would have seen in one of those games pre-2000. Needs a little elfin magic.

I want to look like me, but better.

Here's your new team doctor, don't let Mourinho fire her. (From Dragon Age: Origins)

elven.png

• 3 weeks later...

I've tried to do my own pic like I do normal facepack (using fmXML):

from the left: Gary Walker (fitness coach), Josh Bohui (U-23 player), and me.

u5gu2JK.jpg

Unfortunately only my profile doesn't work:

C5K0vuu.jpg

Kok8bdc.jpg

wsVfrb7.jpg

I really wish FM17 would allow us to use a real picture instead of the 3D. Is there any chance to fix this problem with the newest patch?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived