Who do you think will make an interesting save with this summers transfers?

Aizo4576

1 hour ago, Geordieboy52 said:

RBL have signed some players with immense potential, have ambitious owners and could be a very interesting save.

Honestly, as interesting a save that could be I personally couldn't get behind it myself just due to everything surrounding the club

41 minutes ago, PleasedToMichu said:

Wouldn't mind trying to get Balotelli to fire the goals in at Nice and build a little team around that. Haven't ever dabbled into French footy either so would be a good save for me. Can't decide whether to make them or Villa my first save.

Never been a fan of Balotelli on FM but can see why people would!

OGC Nice have a very interesting squad on paper.

The "superstar" Balotelli, joined by "smaller stars" Dante and Belhanda, all new summer transfers. Then add some interesting young key players like Koziello (20 yrs), Plea (23), Cyprien (21), a young goalkeeper like Cardinale or that fascinating prospect Malang Sarr (17 years), who just got promoted to starting eleven... I am really tempted to start and try a Nice save. Especially with a giant like PSG still looming in the French league.

21 hours ago, Geordieboy52 said:

RBL have signed some players with immense potential, have ambitious owners and could be a very interesting save.

Leipzig have been a great save for a few years now, always a lot of fun to be had.

For me i'm looking forward to quite a few games to start with on FM17 just as they seem like they could be very interesting challenges.

Juventus - I think they had the best summer transfer window by far, spent the pogba money on some great players Pjanic and Higuaín who have been bossing Serie A for years with Roma and Napoli and also adding the experience of Dani Alves at the back who will surely be one of the best free transfers for years.

Parma - Trying to take parma back to the top without having to wait for someone to create the league structure that isn't in the game to start with.

Salford - After watching the tv documentary about them they could be a great challenge trying to take them up through the leagues and build the club up by improving the stadium and squad as you do so.

Darlington - They are interesting as they went out of business a few years ago and had to start again dropping down a few divisions and they have come up through the same league as Salford for the past few years and also could be interesting trying to take them back up the leagues and again improving the stadium along the way.

Leipzig - As people have mentioned they have a lot of money behind them and although they aren't everyones cup of tea I find the history of the club fascinating as everyone would want a owner if they did come into a club to invest and make them better and that's what they did yes merged two clubs together but have built a solid club and come through the divisions and with the investment they have in fm you could easily take them into Europe and who knows challenge in the Bundesliga and that will make for a brilliant game.

So just a few games lol I find interesting as well as the usual suspects for me Bayern, Barca, Real Madrid, PSG and my own club Arsenal lots of interesting challenges to look forward to be but fm has so many clubs that you can find interesting and that's why we all love the game.

22 hours ago, Jean-Luc said:

OGC Nice have a very interesting squad on paper.

The "superstar" Balotelli, joined by "smaller stars" Dante and Belhanda, all new summer transfers. Then add some interesting young key players like Koziello (20 yrs), Plea (23), Cyprien (21), a young goalkeeper like Cardinale or that fascinating prospect Malang Sarr (17 years), who just got promoted to starting eleven... I am really tempted to start and try a Nice save. Especially with a giant like PSG still looming in the French league.

Really like the idea of starting one up with them and looking to make them a European force.

• 2 weeks later...

FC Twente could be interesting for people who want to play outside of the European big leagues.

2016/2017 season is there first outside of European football since 2006 after finishing a disappointing 6th last season. They've lost a lot of good players over recent years (Chadli, Fer, John, Luuk de Jong, etc.), but have bought some decent young Dutch prospects over the summer too. Have struggled with financial problems too and were nearly forcibly relegated from the Eredivisie by the KNVB (Dutch FA) last season, before the decision was appealed.

Would be a fun challenge to get them back into Europe and then challenging for the league title against the likes of Ajax and PSV after their tough recent seasons.    

14 hours ago, Welshace said:

I've never looked at managing thrm before but like the look of a Peterborough save this season...

Forrester, Jermaine Anderson,  Nabi, Baldwin and the rest of the squad should be a great base to build on

look forward to your team thread :)

I'll be starting a Chelsea save immediately, but I'd love to get a Newcastle save set up. Given the squad they put together, it'd be fun to try to get promoted and win the league the first season back up. It's a tall order, but the challenge would be fun. 

My first save will be with Burnley their my team and i haven't for a for iterations of the game. Should be fun building on what is a fairly solid base and seeing if i can establish them as a Premier League team and maybe take them even further.

I don't have any ideas based on squads/new signings however i've always liked the idea of managing in somewhere like San Marino, Gibraltar, Faroe Islands etc. Could be a good challenge

Villa are my team in real life but I never play with them in FM (Fm17 will be no exception). However I think they'll be a cracking save this year...owner with cash, a lot of summer signings and a really good Championship squad who are massively under-performing in real life.

I always start as Man Utd in the beta to get used to the new game.

However, when it fully releases, I want to try my hand with Leicester. I think it will be a tough test to stay strong with so many games coming their way this year. 

Will join others posters above and give a good shout to OGCN in France

The squad should have a great core of young promising players plus Super Mario who is a massive signing for our league !!!

I will also make a save with my beloved Marseille team, which is being sold to an américain billionaire irl, which means that we re going to eventually get money to build a good squad to compete with PSG, the existing squad IRL is tight and really average, which should be the case IG, great challenge ahead !

Really tempted on Dortmund and most of all Leipzig abroad

And will definitely make a championship save with an underdog team, completion should be tough for promotion the first year

Schalke look a really interesting save, they lost Sane and Matip in the summer but signed Naldo, Coke, Bentaleb, Stambouli, Konoplyanka and Breel Embolo.

A really strong squad with not many transfers needed at all be interesting to see if you can keep up with Bayern and Dortmund.

I am surprised no one mentioned West Ham. They have a new stadium but have also brought in good players of the likes of Ayew, Arbeloa (from R Madrid), Ashley Fletcher, Gokhan Tore, Feghouli, Lanzini and couple more others. And we get the opportunity to take them into the Europa League. I think it is a fantastic prospect.

I do like the sound of managing Newcastle and bringing them back into the PL. 

Bolton would also be a good save with talent such as Josh Vela, Zach Clough.

However, I do like the mouth-watering prospects of managing Coventry, Scunthorpe United or Wolves.

15 hours ago, OLLMEISTER1 said:

VFB Stuttgart really appeals to me for the upcoming version. Decent squad to get promoted and then the challenge to build and stabilise before really pushing forward with aspirations for domestic honours.

check out my thread in the careers section, you might be interested ;) I've started with an updated database which sees Stuttgart start from the 2nd Bundesliga and had great fun with the save so far 

I'll say Celtic have the potential for a pretty interesting save and might tempt me to go over the Scotland for a bit. 

Generally I start in France or Italy, out of those leagues Lyon made some pretty interesting signings as did Monaco (Glik </3). I'll probably run a save with Etienne in the end but that's because I liked the club in place of their transfers. 

Italy wise as a Torino Fan I only really run Torino saves, but Empoli made some pretty interesting transfers, most are on loan but you get access to some class youth players in Mauri, Dimarco and Tello. Fiorentina with Dragowski and Hagi could be interesting as well but if you want already great players then Roma, Inter and Napoli definitely made some great signings this year.  

Those are some ideas as for myself I'm either running Saint-Etienne again or maybe Le Mans, Russia also seems like an interesting idea but that's more on whim than for a valid reason. 

So i'm an Everton fan (shouldn't take a Sherlock to work out!!).

Think I might stay clear of them this time, and start elsewhere, but I really can't decide where.

Probably a "fallen giant" type, so a club that has the foundations already to be big. Previously only managed in England, Holland, Spain and Italy.

Have a pretty decent PC, so can run most leagues (on FM16 at least).

Anyone have a clue how Ajax have been doing recently?

Ajax look like a team with bags of potential and have quite a number of young players to build up.

The likes of  Mateo Casierra, Riechedly Bazoer, Donny van de Beek and especially Abdelhak Nouri. In real life they are doing pretty well too and are currently 2nd in their league. 

6 minutes ago, Prim47 said:

Ajax look like a team with bags of potential and have quite a number of young players to build up.

The likes of  Mateo Casierra, Riechedly Bazoer, Donny van de Beek and especially Abdelhak Nouri. In real life they are doing pretty well too and are currently 2nd in their league. 

Thanks Prim47!

I know they bought Ziyech (were rumours Everton were looking at him prior to the move), after watching some youtube clips of him, very impressed. Not sure how he has got on so far this season though.

Think I will go for a Ajax save

1 hour ago, evertonmarc said:

Thanks Prim47!

I know they bought Ziyech (were rumours Everton were looking at him prior to the move), after watching some youtube clips of him, very impressed. Not sure how he has got on so far this season though.

Think I will go for a Ajax save

He isn't doing bad at all, I believe he has played 4 matches, scored 1 and 1 assist. I remember that Everton were said to of been interested but nothing materialised. I think it will be an interesting league to play in. I do love the look of Luka Zahovic but Heerenveen have loaned him out, on fm16 he is top notch! I digress.

Archived