Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I was DDG now, and wanted to go to Real as much as he probably did, I'd be pretty P'ed off at Real, and perhaps asking some questions about how much they really wanted me. They knew 3 months ago what was required, and fecked about for 3 months. Not like they've spent a boatload of cash this summer either.

Hopefully that is the case, but he knows he will get a huge signing on fee instead.

I mean if united sack LVG, I wouldn't be too surprised if de gea signed a new contract know he is not managed by a *****.

Looking at Real's statement they are saying it was Uniteds fault, which they obviously would do.

Not really, they sent us signed contracts at 11.32 after which we had to check them and get them to Navas in under 28 mins after which we had to then upload them which we did by 11.59

The only bad thing for us was the wait between their initial offer and our acceptance but that is because we were busy with other deals as all the sources have mentioned. Madrid coming late in the day means we prioritise purchases over sales which is fine by me.

I am always ready to pile on Woody and Co but I still can't fault them.

Can't believe they didn't make a call until yesterday. Tumbleweed in Woodwood's office, no contact with the club or agents or anything just tick, tick of the clock until finally they made a bid!

I know it's terrible. We are the selling club who actually don't want to sell, we were never going to chase after them.

Looking at Real's statement they are saying it was Uniteds fault, which they obviously would do.

Conflicts with practically everything seen so far. Either they really wanted him (despite the ridiculously late offer), fecked up and tries to blame United, or they sabotaged it so they can get him for nothing next summer, and is trying to put the blame for that on United.

But we shall see I guess. So far it looks like United have done their bit, though.

Hopefully DDG will knuckle down and be happy to be here once the dust settles.

Any hot women in Manchester? :D

I know it's terrible. We are the selling club who actually don't want to sell, we were never going to chase after them.

I think it's sort of win-win for them but you really think this kind of deal is reliant upon official bids? You got Mendes running around and who knows what word Madrid were getting from United about 'not selling' through the summer, probably, as you say, you didn't want to sell

If you're adamant about not selling there won't be a bid. Somehow there's been some movement on this final day and it's a mess. Obviously it was a stand off over price but United haven't looked strong in a 'we didn't want to sell DDG and we didn't' instead they look like they were holding for a price, agreed a late deal and then it all messed up

Don't look like you held off Madrid. Doesn't look like you really want to keep DDG either

If this is a case of delayed documents then it's even more ridiculous. That's saying to DDG 'we got a decent deal and you can leave' and then messing it up

This last minute stuff is almost Spurs-esque tbh

If I was DDG now, and wanted to go to Real as much as he probably did, I'd be pretty P'ed off at Real, and perhaps asking some questions about how much they really wanted me. They knew 3 months ago what was required, and fecked about for 3 months. Not like they've spent a boatload of cash this summer either.

Or it could have been a case of Real Madrid were happy to pay the fee but Man Utd delayed things as they looked for a keeper. In the end realised they couldn't get anyone with Lloris and Jasper being priced large so went back to Real very late and said throw in Navas and you can have him which meant another round of negotiations with Man Utd making a mess of things Herrera 2.0.

Can't see this giving Man Utd a good name for themselves in Spain again.

Can't believe they didn't make a call until yesterday. Tumbleweed in Woodwood's office, no contact with the club or agents or anything just tick, tick of the clock until finally they made a bid!

Why are you being so obtuse?

No-one's saying there was no communication, but there was no official bid until the 11th hour.

Without an official bid, the paperwork cannot be completed.

They put themselves in this position by not sorting out the official stuff sooner.

I, like a few others in here, suspect they did it on purpose.

The best line from their statement is:

Manchester United did not open any channel of negotiation for ... De Gea until yesterday morning.

Despite the difficulties involved in completing an operation of this nature on the last day of registration, Madrid agreed to open those conversations.

It's like we were forcing them to take him, poor guys. Was so nice of them to try and accommodate us.

There's talk in some places that Perez panicked with selling Navas after the fans have been so critical of his presidency lately, so scuppered the deal intentionally at the last minute.

Wouldn't be surprised if that were true to be honest.

It's typical Madrid tactics to continually lowball a team to get them to reluctantly go along with things. United in the past have done that, gone along with it and have been shafted on the prices of players. They refused to budge here and everything has fallen apart because of how little time Madrid have provided to allow the deals to be complete. Whether that was Madrid's intention or whether it was just because of United making them sing to their tune, I don't see why United should be getting blamed for the breakdown of this transfer.

Why are you being so obtuse?

No-one's saying there was no communication, but there was no official bid until the 11th hour.

Without an official bid, the paperwork cannot be completed.

They put themselves in this position by not sorting out the official stuff sooner.

I, like a few others in here, suspect they did it on purpose.

I am not focusing purely on paperwork. The paperwork situation is a mess (Madrid claim it's United's fault, I am sure United are about to claim it's not) but prior to the final day an agreement could have been made but United had to be willing to negotiate otherwise there won't be any bids. They were adamant DDG wouldn't leave

A deal could have been done anytime during the summer. For a deal to be done United had to show willing to sell. Madrid claim United only opened negotiations on that final day, hence the bid/agreement

There will be an official agreement when United agreed to sell, they're not gonna lob bids in all summer. That's what the communication is for, bringing both to the table and finding an agreement without constant bid and rejections

If this is the price United would have been happy with they should have working towards it prior to the final day. "There was no bid" is rubbish. If there is willing then it'll happen and Mendes is there too. There's nothing official for a reason cause the club didn't want to sell

In the end they decide at last minute they will sell and it sounds like that part of the agreement was quick but it's the paperwork that screwed up. Whoever is responsible for that is up in the air

This is the agent that you were all terrified you were going to be forced to buy Falcao if DDG signed a new deal yet he can't make a deal happen during the summer?

I guess Madrid not really wanting to do it is one for the football conspiracies

In one paragraph you say there was no bid/agreement. Two paragraphs later you claim that it's rubbish that there was no bid...

We were willing to sell. Everyone and their dog knows that. Mendes will have been well aware of what was needed for the deal to happen. Simple fact is Madrid dragged their feet hoping to bring the price down, which they probably did. They just dragged their feet for too long, whether that was intentional or not.

I am not focusing purely on paperwork. The paperwork situation is a mess (Madrid claim it's United's fault, I am sure United are about to claim it's not) but prior to the final day an agreement could have been made but United had to be willing to negotiate otherwise there won't be any bids. They were adamant DDG wouldn't leave

A deal could have been done anytime during the summer. For a deal to be done United had to show willing to sell. Madrid claim United only opened negotiations on that final day, hence the bid/agreement

There will be an official agreement when United agreed to sell, they're not gonna lob bids in all summer. That's what the communication is for, bringing both to the table and finding an agreement without constant bid and rejections

If this is the price United would have been happy with they should have working towards it prior to the final day. "There was no bid" is rubbish. If there is willing then it'll happen and Mendes is there too. There's nothing official for a reason cause the club didn't want to sell

In the end they decide at last minute they will sell and it sounds like that part of the agreement was quick but it's the paperwork that screwed up. Whoever is responsible for that is up in the air

This is the agent that you were all terrified you were going to be forced to buy Falcao if DDG signed a new deal yet he can't make a deal happen during the summer?

I guess Madrid not really wanting to do it is one for the football conspiracies

You're talking yourself around in circles and contradicting yourself. Not sure if you're on a wind up or what but you're not making any sense.

Of course United were willing to sell, he's been benched, Romero's been brought in etc. they just said it'll take a big bid. They've been doing this "around the table stuff" you've been talking about all summer, why would they if they were adamant he wasn't going to leave?

There was no bid though, so how can "There was no bid" be rubbish :D? The club didn't want to sell, most selling clubs don't want to sell, so they buying club has to find a value that will convince them to sell, that's the whole point. Madrid obviously couldn't do that until right at the last minute. It is the buying club's responsibility to get things done, not the selling one. Why would United try to push through a sale they don't want to make?

"In the end they decide at the last minute they will sell" :D :D :D No, they received a bid that allowed them to progress with the paperwork, how could they continue with the sale when no bid has been made? If Madrid were happy to pay this amount earlier, why didn't they make a bid for all to see? They didn't.

Plenty of reasons Madrid wouldn't want to do it btw, no-ones saying it's an anti-United conspiracy.

There will not be a bid until both sides agree on price with these high level moves. You think price wasn't agreed for Ronaldo before an agreement is made? AdM to PSG you think they chucked in 44m bid and that just so happened to be suitable? Both sides agree via 3rd parties, agents and all sorts. The bid is a fait accompli

Madrid are claiming you were only willing to open negotiations yesterday.

Who knows what the various 3rd parties were doing all summer and whether a deal was even possible if United were standing firm. Did United say they won't sell and Madrid say they won't spend a lot? Has Mendes pulled this together at the last minute once everyone budged. Was Mendes working frantically to do this last month and no one blinked. Madrid claim you didn't want to negotiate until yesterday. There won't be bids coming in all summer incrementally higher.

United wanted a world record bid and then wanted Ramos and they got neither. It appeared DDG wasn't going anywhere and now it's a mess, he can go but hasn't. You can blame whoever for the paperwork and I am sure both clubs will but DDG was told he could go but didn't. It's not cause you held firm in the face of the mighty Madrid

Goodness me

Either hold firm or don't hold firm. You've hit a pile of **** in the middle of that and come out looking rubbish

Hold firm, keep DDG, we don't need to sell/worth more an extra season with us, etc ... or, decide on a price and set Mendes and his hounds into the wild at any time you fancy really. We don't know the conversations but if you are willing to sell and back down from the record fee then it's up to Mendes and if he can't get a proper fee then you don't sell. If there's willing on both sides then generally things get agreed

What was the point of holding firm if you were perfectly happy to let DDG go? It's nothing to do with official bids ... you could have agreed a price or come to a conclusion during negotiations. If you really want that record fee and don't get it then great, he stays ... that is holding firm! If they really, really won't pay more than a paltry 11m then great, he stays ... that is holding firm

This is not holding firm, it's balls

Arsenal fans are used to that though by now :lol:

we are just waiting for our massively over sized bid on someone who was cheaper last week.

I would go and enjoy the meltdown of Chelsea fans as they are signing random championship defenders.. but that thread is like the stadium :p

There's been talk that Spurs wanted Martial at the start of the summer, offered €10m and were told he'd cost €20m

That's fun, eh? :D

Its rumoured that Martial has signed a four year contract with an option of a fifth.

It always bugs me that we don't sign people up for longer, we're spending 30/40/50m on him why not tie him down to a 6year contract?!

We seem to be the only club that offers relatively short contracts to the big money buys.

Its rumoured that Martial has signed a four year contract with an option of a fifth.

It always bugs me that we don't sign people up for longer, we're spending 30/40/50m on him why not tie him down to a 6year contract?!

We seem to be the only club that offers relatively short contracts to the big money buys.

Or at least 4 with a 2 year option, it's odd.

The legal maximum contact that can be signed is 5 years if i recall correctly?

it's less for players under 18 - think 3 years.

Not sure but I thought you could sign a contract as long as you like but the club can't enforce anything more than 5 years?

It's all nonsense anyway because if he's any good in 2 years time he'll be bumped up to a massive contract. Still though, £36m + £20m bonuses... that's a hell of a fee.

Not sure but I thought you could sign a contract as long as you like but the club can't enforce anything more than 5 years?

It's all nonsense anyway because if he's any good in 2 years time he'll be bumped up to a massive contract. Still though, £36m + £20m bonuses... that's a hell of a fee.

As seen with De Gea

Wait...

Archived