Sports Interactive Community
Harryseaess

Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Imagine next season (assuming and praying LvG goes...)

We might have wingers on both wings

We might have a striker playing up front instead of out on the wing

We might not play with Daley Blind as a ****ing CB the entire season

And also playing on a Thursday night yay.

What a time to be alive.

Still don't understand why someone doesn't come in now and start seeing how current players play in competitive football and then start to think about next season. Coming in July is a bad, bad idea imo.

Ffs. Get Jose in now please.

This

What a time to be alive.

If we are playing anything resembling the quality we'd expect, I'll take that for a season. Or another season, or whatever :D

Meh. Never thought we were going to win today. City will probably lose against Chelsea away next week, so we'll have a chance to make up the gap again.

I would love to hear what reasoning LVG has for playing Young upfront though.

right. Now we can get on with finishing 5th or 6th and maybe replacing the guy that replaces a striker with Ashley Young bc he has decided to play for a draw. Get. Out. Of. Our. Side. Now.

Meh. Never thought we were going to win today. City will probably lose against Chelsea away next week, so we'll have a chance to make up the gap again.

Thank god we got more than 40 points.

What a time to be alive.

Thursday night not likely in this performance, could easily see Utd slip to 7th or lower.

Still don't understand why someone doesn't come in now and start seeing how current players play in competitive football and then start to think about next season. Coming in July is a bad, bad idea imo.

Tbf if it's to be Jose, it would be to do with the terms of his resignation.

All went to pot when Fosu-Mensah went off

Yep - all came from that side.

Worrying when us taking an 18 year old off in his 4th game means we lose.

All went to pot when Fosu-Mensah went off

He was having an immense game tbf, totally dominated every challenge.

We haven't lost at WHL since 2001. 8-6-0. Probably one of the few remaining streaks from Fergie era.

Yeah, boomz

Memphis losing his mind. Really cannot blame him.

Maybe someone could challenge LvG to a duel?

Maybe someone could challenge LvG to a duel?

What's the point he'd shoot the bullet backwards.

Well, things went south pretty fast in the 2nd half :(

Pre-game I didn't think we'd win, but It did at least hope for a draw. Getting owned out there is not fun.

No real shock they won. They are simply better to a man and at home. There goes another Fergie stat.

Is Mou the only option?

I know many other coaches out there don't necessarily have the experience. We've left ourselves in a bit of situation where we either take Mou or gamble on someone like Poch or Thomas Tuchel from Dortmund etc.

What did Keane say Fergies team talk was when we played Spurs? "Its Tottenham".

How times change.

Pretty sure Spurs teamtalk today would have been similar.

Bad news guys. 19 points behind Leicester with only 6 to play. The title is gone :(

Atrocious. Shambles. Woeful. All I need to say this week.

Is Mou the only option?

I know many other coaches out there don't necessarily have the experience. We've left ourselves in a bit of situation where we either take Mou or gamble on someone like Poch or Thomas Tuchel from Dortmund etc.

Hope not. I'd take a house plant over him.

Is Mou the only option?

If we want to get to winning things then yes Mourinho is the only option

Of course he isn't the only option.

He's just by far the best available option unless we want to take a massive chance

Atrocious. Shambles. Woeful. All I need to say this week.

Oh, embarrassing. I also meant to say embarrassing.

We're actually in a situation where we could well end up with our league top scorer having less than 10 goals. Currently Martial 8, Rooney 7.

Hard to fathom, because our team really isn't that crap. Think SAF could have won the title with the same lot. He wouldn't have given so many kids the chance though. Not judging by his last decade or so.

Goal difference of 9 now. :(

We're actually in a situation where we could well end up with our league top scorer having less than 10 goals. Currently Martial 8, Rooney 7.

Hard to fathom, because our team really isn't that crap. Think SAF could have won the title with the same lot. He wouldn't have given so many kids the chance though. Not judging by his last decade or so.

He would have had he faced the same injury problems we have under LVG/LVG has only done so due to injury problems.

Saying that, if Fergie were still in charge, the squad would be in much better shape anyway, as he would have planned a few more years ahead than he ultimately did.

Hard to fathom, because our team really isn't that crap.

It is when you consider the vast amounts of money that was spent on transfer fees and wages to put it together. Its not just LvG, the recruitment structures at Man Utd are a shambles. Leicester, Saints and West Ham have shown Ed Woodward up in terms of how to recruit players for pound for pound value in the top half of the Premier League.

3-0 loss to spurs is an acceptable result nowadays with the low standards set by LVG/Woodward. We need a 5-0 loss minimum for them to even doubt themselves.

It is when you consider the vast amounts of money that was spent on transfer fees and wages to put it together. Its not just LvG, the recruitment structures at Man Utd are a shambles. Leicester, Saints and West Ham have shown Ed Woodward up.

TIL we've not sold any players so we only count money spent :thup:

Well, not really today, the "OMGZ, 300 MILLION" brigade has been preaching it for months now

That was really atrocious. We had a CB playing at LB, a LB playing CB, a LW playing ST, a ST playing LW, a RW playing AM, a AM playing RW, of course we deserve to lose.

Also worrying how an 18 y.o. centre back playing right back was much better than an Italian international who plays right back for his country. Not to mention leaving Herrera on the bench. I mean this squad is loaded with good players, player-for-player we're certainly better than Leicester. Difference is we're so pre-occupied in keeping possession rather than scoring and that was the end result of it all. Can we let go of Van Gaal now? I'm at the point where I'm actually in the "Give it to Giggsy until the end of the season, can't be much worse" camp. And is Mourinho the only option available? If we don't get Champions League, I hope Van Gaal gets the same treatment as Moyes did and get sacked.

What's the point he'd shoot the bullet backwards.

Not sure I'm seeing the problem here. :)

That was really atrocious. We had a CB playing at LB, a LB playing CB, a LW playing ST, a ST playing LW, a RW playing AM, a AM playing RW, of course we deserve to lose.

Also worrying how an 18 y.o. centre back playing right back was much better than an Italian international who plays right back for his country. Not to mention leaving Herrera on the bench. I mean this squad is loaded with good players, player-for-player we're certainly better than Leicester. Difference is we're so pre-occupied in keeping possession rather than scoring and that was the end result of it all. Can we let go of Van Gaal now? I'm at the point where I'm actually in the "Give it to Giggsy until the end of the season, can't be much worse" camp. And is Mourinho the only option available? If we don't get Champions League, I hope Van Gaal gets the same treatment as Moyes did and get sacked.

Blind's a CM, surely? :D not that we'd know, haven't seen him play there for a couple of years now

Blind's a CM, surely? :D not that we'd know, haven't seen him play there for a couple of years now

Well for me was brilliant at LB at the World Cup. He also played there at the tail end of last season when Shaw was injured. Didn't he play a few games at LB too this season when Jones was given a run of games before he injured himself again?

Well for me was brilliant at LB at the World Cup. He also played there at the tail end of last season when Shaw was injured. Didn't he play a few games at LB too this season when Jones was given a run of games before he injured himself again?

When he came in there was talk of him being rotation for Carrick. I don't know, all I know is he's not a CB by any stretch of the imagination

When he came in there was talk of him being rotation for Carrick. I don't know, all I know is he's not a CB by any stretch of the imagination

Wasn't he the left sided CB in the back 3 at the WC??

That he is versatile and can play other positions doesn't mean he isn't mainly a CM? I'm very certain he's naturally a defensive midfielder but has been John O'Shea'd around :D

As expected, LVG seems to think that performance was acceptable judging by the interview. It's not even a joke anymore, I knew 3-0 loss was acceptable by his standards.

Definitely supposed to be a CM.

Either way we need a central defender, RW and a striker really bloody quickly.

And to play them there, but who knows?

Yeah this Blind at CB experiment has got to stop. Way too many times this season he's been at fault in some way or another for us conceding. I do like him though, I think he'd be a very good defensive midfielder.