Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

What a performance from us. To be missing so many players and win 3-2 with a good performance, brilliant. Enjoyed LvG leaving his seat for the first time ever even if it was to have a little lie down. :D

Arsenal just didnt look like they wanted it. Some really good performances for us. Who thought Rashford would have 2 goals and an assist. Depay great in the second half holding onto the ball. I cant remember being this happy after a game for ages.

In huge part because every single player in our line-up simply wanted the ball more every single time. Was so much fun to see the desire, finally

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that was totally unexpected and entirely welcome :D

Rashford with 2 again, what a story, but like Daz says you can see the press going totally over the top on him now. Poor defending on both goals, I had a feeling before the game we were going to need at least three as I didn't see us conceding any less than 2, I just never actually thought we'd get the 3!

2 more debut sub appearances, this time Fosu-Mensah and Weir. TFM did what we needed him to do well, and that's all you can ask or expect, whilst Weir didn't even touch the ball, I don't think.

So delighted with that because the team we had out put pretty much all they could in to it. Depay didn't have as good a showing as against Midtjylland, but I don't think you could ever have expected it considering Arsenal are a totally different proposition, and he had a very decent game so perhaps he has finally found whatever he needed to find to settle in to things. de Gea with a couple of quality saves again. Rojo off injured in his first start since returning /o\ Hope it was only something that required coming off today with no games missed.

Rashford deserved MOTM for me. Not only scored another 2 but setup the third too.

If I were in charge of United next season I'd probably just say buy players that are necessary for depth but don't go splashing the cash like the past couple of seasons, instead shift focus onto intentionally developing these kids. Might not mean another title for a few years but the long term benefits are pretty big.

If I were in charge of United next season I'd probably just say buy players that are necessary for depth but don't go splashing the cash like the past couple of seasons, instead shift focus onto intentionally developing these kids. Might not mean another title for a few years but the long term benefits are pretty big.

Cool .

wands if you want decent discussion, fair enough, but what's happened here is you've made a terrible suggestion and people have pointed out how ridiculous it is, and you've then decided to use the old 'I only come in here to see people bitching' defence, which doesn't wash in the slightest.

wands if you want decent discussion, fair enough, but what's happened here is you've made a terrible suggestion and people have pointed out how ridiculous it is, and you've then decided to use the old 'I only come in here to see people bitching' defence, which doesn't wash in the slightest.

And the good old "they didn't instantly agree with my post, god damn elitists!"

Didn't expect a result today with that line up and all of the injuries but a very welcome win nontheless.

We've got some real quality young lads coming through, Rashford of course with 4 goals and an assist in his first two games, Varela is tidy at RB, then there's TFM, CBJ and Riley did well in the previous two games.

And to finally see Memphis perform like the player we all know he can be is the icing on the cake. Thought he had a good game today, that was the question of him coming into this game, can he do it against the better teams? Yep! He held the ball up well in the second half as Arsenal pushed forward and we got the ball on the counter.

Another game and another injury though. :( Didn't look to bad for Rojo though so would expect him to be ok for Wednesday.

Beating Arsenal is always nice but to do it with a CB pairing of 2 DMs in Carrick and Blind, an 18yo striker up front making his league debut, a RB who has played about 10 first team games and an 18 yo making his first team debut, just makes it even better.

Been a great week for us, progressed in the two cups and got a huge win in the league to keep in with a chance of 4th.

Louis. :D Where has this been during his time at the club? We need to see it more often!

Varela has been pretty good and was decent today but he had a mare in one match, can't remember which it was, possibly Midtjylland first leg where he literally did nothing right, and he is quite suspect at times in defending. Much prefer Darmian who never seems to get beaten in a one on one situation and puts in a mean cross too. I do like Varela, just much prefer Darmian.

Darmian has had his fair share of abject offensive and defensive performances this season. His efforts at Arsenal weren't exactly stellar.

He's obviously a much better player than that though as he showed in Italy and a few times here. Just adapting to your first season in a new league and picking up injuries I'd guess. Varela always seems to do a good job without standing out at every level which isn't a bad thing for a fullback.

just great news, LVG's best 7 days at Utd

where I watch games normally is down:mad: so have only seen highlights

over the moon with the result, and that Fosu-Mensah made his debut :D how did he go and was our tempo like, was it like Thursday??

said we would be king makers as we play the top4 ...that might be it for the arse

Varela was terrific again going forward. Hard to judge defensively bc Gunners inexplicably did not put him, Carrick and Lingard to the sword. They certainly should have played the ball down their left much more often in first half. But he did stay out of trouble for the 82 minutes after the yellow. Not really even a sniff of a problem.

Having said that, I like him. And I think is more if a natural offensive player than Darmian. That first touch cross that resulted in a goal was so self assured. I think Darmian takes a touch there. But seems we may have two promising RBs ATM.

it will be it for arse if they lose to spurs

hoping spurs hammer them;)

its a game normally spurs would.....well do a spurs and lose and go on to struggle to hold onto fourth, but this is their time its there for the taking

interesting how in last 2 games we have gone back to getting it wide and crosses into the box, that might have worked for us, once or twice over the years:lol:

Been to bed all day with a hangover from hell after birthday celebrations yesterday, so missed the damn match. Getting too old for this crap :o

Couldn't be happier to see we won, and bloody hell, that Rashford kid's doing allright :lol:

Did we play well?

He hasn't even played that well at U18/U21 level this season, not been the starter at U21 for instance, so it just goes to show how hard it can be too judge who will make the step up and who won't. It's not just about talent, but mentality too. Would be great if he could continue like this of course. Don't want him to be mentioned along the likes of Macheda in 3-4 years' time.

Been to bed all day with a hangover from hell after birthday celebrations yesterday, so missed the damn match. Getting too old for this crap :o

Couldn't be happier to see we won, and bloody hell, that Rashford kid's doing allright :lol:

Did we play well?

He hasn't even played that well at U18/U21 level this season, not been the starter at U21 for instance, so it just goes to show how hard it can be too judge who will make the step up and who won't. It's not just about talent, but mentality too. Would be great if he could continue like this of course. Don't want him to be mentioned along the likes of Macheda in 3-4 years' time.

Think that's a little harsh. He's the U18s top scorer, was one of the best players for the U19s and has been behind Will Keane and Ashley Fletcher in the pecking order at U21s level.

He did well yes. He had his periods where he was out of the game a bit because we couldn't get the ball anywhere near him and he was left a little isolated. But he took two lovely finishes and also some good play to hold up the ball and tee up Herrera for the third. Whenever else he was involved or had to hold the ball up he did well also.

Think that's a little harsh. He's the U18s top scorer, was one of the best players for the U19s and has been behind Will Keane and Ashley Fletcher in the pecking order at U21s level.

Could be it was overly harsh. But what I meant is that he hasn't lit up that level like Will Keane did pre-injury, Wilson did before his debut, or Januzaj did before his. Ravel Morrison was absurdly dominant at that level too, but we know how messed up he is in the head, so that obviously didn't work out. I had not expect him to make such an impact at first team level.

Archived