Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2015/16

ajw10

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We are still a forward and midfielder away I feel.

Theo utterly anonymous. Giroud good but lacked the pace to trouble Chelsea too much, especially on the counter. Coquelin was probably our worst player today, if Fabregas had better delivery we'd have been in trouble with all the cheap free kicks he conceded.

Per and Kos were absolutely fantastic though.

I didn't think Theo was that bad. He certainly used his movement fairly well for the goal, good drop off into space (which is important considering the fact the you can't just rely on pace) to pick out the pass. He tried, just not much worked.

I thought Koscielny was utterly magnificent today. Every time the ball came loose, or a Chelsea was in a dangerous area - he was there. It was a superb performance by him.

Also agree on Coquelin's needless fouls - I suppose it's what comes with the territory of having a combative option. Nice to see the niggly, cynical fouls when we need them, rather than the years gone by where we got done on each counter attack. Thought he was ok though.

Vidal did the same thing against Barcelona. These things can only get better with experience. I'm sure not even Gilberto or Makelele were born good.

Giroud's arrival instantly made our attack better. The game simply didn't suit Walcott at all. Vice-versa will be true in a number of games this season.

Our defense did well, but there were a couple of scares due to us not properly tracking runs.

Good performance all round today. Should have had a couple more really, especially Santi in the 2nd half.

Mesut had a cracker. Amazing how someone who doesn't score or even assist that much can have such a positive impact on the game.

Yeah particularly if Wenger was planning to use Cazorla wide more often as Wilshere would be a natural replacement for him

He's going to start the season behind already let alone what happens if the dynamic changes with a new player joining. Pretty unfortunate for him on a personal level.

Cadena SER, in their show Hora 25 Deportets, discussed the matter Monday night and had a bit of information from one of their reporters.

David Alonso said: “Arsenal have never had an interest in the likes of Isco or Casillas, but in Karim Benzema's case, the interest is 100% real, despite Wenger saying there was none.

“We can confirm that Arsenal are looking for a number 9, that they have a lot of money to buy him and that their priority is Karim Benzema”.

He added: “On his list of potential signings, Karim is at the top, number two is Lewandowski and number three is Aubameyang at Dortmund. Wenger is ready to invest up to €60m to buy a star.

Arsenal is probably the most likable team around currently, personality-wise. Such a huge change since the days of Keown, Cole, Vieira, Henry, Lehmann, Parlour etc. God I used to hate them so much. Wenger has brightened up that dressing room

DC ‏@DeanLDN22 3 hHace 3 horas Ver traducción

#afc remain confident of landing Benzema with the player "open to the move & keen on London". Dependant on Real & a player may go out.

still don't see who Madrid are gonna get in to free up Benzema to leave. Reus? Ibra? Aguero?

Just imagine the ego clash of Ibrahimovic and Ronaldo in the same starting XI :eek:

Can't see that one happening as a result of that potential car crash. Reus seems more feasible in transfer terms, but is he really the sort of calibre that would pacify Madrid fans? Their expectations are ludicrous as a result of the farcical presidential mess you get at that club. They'd expect Aguero and no less, and I can't see that happening either.

Feel very sorry for Wilshere. Really not due to poor professionalism over his condition or anything. Just rotten luck. Hopefully Shad Forsythe has an idea or 2 which can help sort these issues out.

Feel very sorry for Wilshere. Really not due to poor professionalism over his condition or anything. Just rotten luck. Hopefully Shad Forsythe has an idea or 2 which can help sort these issues out.

Is there anything anyone can actually do regarding getting injured from getting tackled during training? Seems like one of the more luck-based injury.

Is there anything anyone can actually do regarding getting injured from getting tackled during training? Seems like one of the more luck-based injury.

Suggested that Wilshere's playing style invites these risks which is 1 thing. On the flip side, a few things like specific exercises could help strengthen a weak core, or dodgy ankle etc.

Not sure you can put it down to bad luck' date=' appears to be a fundamental weakness in his physical make up.[/quote']

Isn't that luck though? There isn't much one can do with the genetics.

I think most of our injuries in the past were muscular though, and those can take a while. There have been cases like Rosicky who was suppose to be our for 3-4 weeks, but it kept being postponed until he was out for longer than Eduardo who suffered from an actual broken bone!

David Ornstein @bbcsport_david

Wilshere has hairline fracture to right ankle after heavy tackle in training Sat. Small bone crack, no surgery needed, roughy 6-8 weeks #AFC

How long until "it's worse than we thought and he now needs surgery"

Archived