Which is the biggest club you have seen relegated?

I remember on an old version (I think 01/02) I never managed my own club (Norwich) as they were impossible to do anything with. Instead I'd pick another team and watch in horror as Norwich dropped like a stone through the leagues, usually finding themselves in the conference in about 5 years. Ironic as that was the year we lost the play-off final on penalties!

FM12 or 13 (maybe even 14) Ajax were not only relegated from the Eredivisie (which I think has never happened) but from the second tier as well after about 15 years.

Current save, the biggest drop was Doncaster who went from Championship to relegation from Conference North in about 8 seasons. No big Premier team has been relegated ever, in 2032 now and none of the teams I think as big (Man U, Man C, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham) have been relegated ever. No-one from outside the first 5 there have ever finished in the top-2 either.

As a Villa fan I hope not :) but have seen Liverpool and Spurs get relegated by 2020 in many long term saves

You've got Tim Sherwood anyway so I don't think Villa are going down anytime soon. Also, congrats on beating us in the FA Cup.:applause:

No - Norwich are OK to manager in CM01/02.

Start out with big financial problems but you can sell a lot of their players and get rid of the debt by the start of the second season.

I'm at the start of the third season now. Just missed out on the play-offs at the end of the second season. 2nd in the table after about a third of the third season.

Still got Malky Mackay, Neil Emblen, Zema Abbey and Phil Mulryne of the starting squad - they're first team regulars. Phil Mulryn had 30 assusts in the second season. Gary Holt was astar in the first season but he left on a minimum transfer fee clause at the end of it. Alex Notman was the top goalscorer of the division in that first season too - but I sold him for big money to Crewe (who had got promoted to the Premoier League!). Stilll have a few young players from the starting squad - including Robert Green (who's crap).

Got rid of several real-life regulars before (or just after) the start of the first season - Adam Drury, Daryl Sutch, Mark Rivers, Chris Llewellyn. That raised a decent amount of money and lessened the wage bill considerably.

I have seen Dortmund relegated but bounced right back up only to be relegated again before they finally patched up the ship and got back to the Bundesliga. But the two years in the wilderness hurt them as they lost valuable players for less than they were worth and lost money. They increased their debt and now are mid table at best.

Bayern in the mean time benefited (of course) and have won 7 Bundesliga titles in a row and won the treble 3 times in 7 years. They are also now the most repuatble club in Europe in that save.

But the most spectacular collapse I have seen was in FM 13 and Benfica ran into some sort of trouble. I never did figure it out, they were relegated from the Primeira Liga to the Segunda. That is shocking since in Portugal there are the top three and the clubs near the bottom of the first division are a world away in terms of talent.

Then even more shocking was they finished I believe 5th in the Segunda and then everything went to hell from there. They bled money, again for unknown reasons and the next season were put into administration and were about to be relegted from the second division but saved it on the last day of the season.

But from there they were a mess, their money situation was abysmal and their youth system was still producing great players but they could not even sign professional contracts due to wage restrictions. So they would leave almost instant for 15-20% of their value.

I wish I still had that save because I am almost sure some sort of bug had to have occurred. But it was a spectacular mess.

Leverkusen have gone into financial meltdown on my save, somehow they remained reasonably competitive in the Bundesliga for 3 seasons after their finances imploded but with continual player departures & no new signings they were finally relegated to 2.Bundesliga last season, the decline has continued & they look good for back-to-back relegations to 3.Liga.

I've subscribed to them & if they're looking for a new manager in the summer I might consider applying.

Bolton has collapsed on my save too. They're in League Two in 2020, and finished outside of the playoffs. Everton have stayed in the Championship for five seasons now, and have only finished inside the playoffs twice. They were battling relegation last year.

Sunderland got relegated from the Conference on FM14. Adam Johnson stayed with them all the way down. Also remember Real Madrid finishing last in La Liga on CM 99/00.

Edit: And Liverpool on FM14 too. They got relegated, stayed there for several seasons, hired Neil Lennon, went up, instantly qualified for the Champions League and then went down again.

in FM11 i think, I hated Liverpool at that point so much that, "unfortunate" for them they were "forced into bankrupt" and relegated the next season, and had went into

administration every year since then, no further relegation though

other than that, the most notable one I've saw was Tottenham and AC Milan in FM12, within 3 seasons I think... none suffered further than 2nd tier in 2023 though (nobody cares if Hull yo-yoed a few years yea?)

I am actually surprised to see either Manchester(s) or Chelsea would have relegated in some of your saves within 15years... considering they have the amount of money anyway to attract players

one thing to note though I had never saw Arsenal struggle further than mid-table in ANY SAVE since fm08, and Wenger is usually the one who spend the right money for a big name youngster who plays well for first team immediately, compared to any other EPL managers (for example obtaining Ayew in fm12, and provided top-quality throughout the years; MU bought Mkhitarian and ended up transfer listed with ever decreasing appearance; Gotze struggled a bit in Chelsea, not sold though)

As a Bury fan, it's truly heart warming to see all these stories about Bolton collapsing. Annoyingly, they're just about to start their second season in the prem on my save. I Imagine the money earned for that will mean I won't see something similar. Which is a terrible, terrible shame...

I'm in a pretty long term FM12 game (I'm somewhere around 2060). Not too many of the really big teams have been relegated but I am fairly sure Everton went non-league for a while :) Tottenham have been a championship club for a long time.

What's more noticeable to me is the smaller teams getting promoted. Newport County are an established premiership force nowadays. Colwyn Bay have had spells too. Wallsall and Wycombe are occasional visitors but pretty much always get relegated immediately. Last year Hayes and Yeading finished 3rd in the championship but failed to get through the Playoffs.

Now that I remember it, on my FM12 save, Forest's finances imploded, the City Ground was reduced to a 22,000 capacity stadium and they became a mid-table League Two team along with Birmingham and QPR.

This is maybe not a club who everyone knows a lot about, but on FM15 Rosenborg got relegated in the 1st season. They're the most winning Norwegian team and they were expected to finish 1st or 2nd.

On FM2012 I think, Fulham went from Premier League to Blue Square in only 10 seasons or so.

I remember I had a save where I travelled to year 2100. Much had changed in year 2100. Galatasaray was the most winning CL team (they won it 7 times in a row) and Coventry & Norwich dominated in England. Liverpool still had no PL titles. God, I miss this save.

This is maybe not a club who everyone knows a lot about, but on FM15 Rosenborg got relegated in the 1st season. They're the most winning Norwegian team and they were expected to finish 1st or 2nd.

On FM2012 I think, Fulham went from Premier League to Blue Square in only 10 seasons or so.

I remember I had a save where I travelled to year 2100. Much had changed in year 2100. Galatasaray was the most winning CL team (they won it 7 times in a row) and Coventry & Norwich dominated in England. Liverpool still had no PL titles. God, I miss this save.

I know Rosenborg. For those who don't, they are something like Celtic in their domestic league.

Archived