Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.4

After 10 or so games with the new match engine fixes I am enjoying playing the game a lot more. I had stopped playing for a week or so because of my frustrations at the crazy goalkeepers and poor defending/reactions.

This version is much closer to perfection, defenders actually defend now, putting in challenges blocks and closing down wingers which has less to less crosses/goals from crosses.

Goalkeeper reactions have improved a lot and they seem to hold onto the ball better now as opposed to just letting it fall in front of them for an easy chance.

General play is more varied/better to watch as teams now tend to try different things to score as opposed to just running down the wings.

The defensive improvements have led to less shots per team per game, before the hotfix I was getting on average 30 shots a game and the A.I. teams were not far off that, sometimes more. Since the hotfix this has dropped to on average 12-15 a game for either side sometimes slightly higher sometimes slightly lower, this has helped reduce the crazy score lines and I am now actually seeing 0-0s and 1-0s

The save time has dropped thankfully now takes about a minute as opposed to 5 minutes which is great.

Game is now playable again for me and more importantly enjoyable.

Good work

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shame that this update didn't include any changes in midfield play, it's still awfully soft and dribbling still hugely overpowering. I rarely conceded with last update from corners and now conceded two in one game already. Don't feel like playing with this as the defending is what it is.

Two corners in one game!! /0\

Never happens. Game must be broken. :D

Shame that this update didn't include any changes in midfield play, it's still awfully soft and dribbling still hugely overpowering. I rarely conceded with last update from corners and now conceded two in one game already. Don't feel like playing with this as the defending is what it is.

You've had a whole two hours to decide this, wow, a one man testing team!

Seriously, come back after half a season with some detailed critique and facts and figures, no way you can pass judgement in so short a time.

Guest El Payaso
What sort of central midfield Roles do you use? Any Player Instructions applied? My midfielders run around kicking people and pressing pretty well (by FM standards).
CM (D), DLP (S) and AM (A). This wasn't in my proper save game so I didn't even finish the first match: two corner kick goals in 30 minutes scored by midgets. And I did detailed bug reports about both of these issues mentioned for the previous update and apparently they didn't get these reviewed quickly enough to include them in to this update. I'm not whining or anything because I believe that these things will be reviewed and fixed in future updates. It just doesn't make me want to play this game as I don't generally like what I see in the match engine.

CM (D), DLP (S) and AM (A). This wasn't in my proper save game so I didn't even finish the first match: two corner kick goals in 30 minutes scored by midgets. And I did detailed bug reports about both of these issues mentioned for the previous update and apparently they didn't get these reviewed quickly enough to include them in to this update. I'm not whining or anything because I believe that these things will be reviewed and fixed in future updates. It just doesn't make me want to play this game as I don't generally like what I see in the match engine.

Have you experimented with more physically assertive Roles in midfield? Unless instructed otherwise at a Team or Player level, none of that trio are really the "roll your sleeves up and kick somebody" sort of player.

Mods, is a hotfix a 'fix important stuff now' rather than an all encompassing patch? Fix important stuff now etc?

This is somewhere between a hot fix and a big fix :) work will go on on some issues but we have here what's been fixed and tested thus far.

AWESOME!!

I have a week off of work next week and has been waiting for this patch to start my main save! Hope it does what it says...

Can't wait to see if inverted WBs and perhaps even the libero has been looked as as well... but I won't hold my breath ;)

Even before the hotfix I significantly improved my defense against corners and crosses by tweaking the corner setup and instructing my team to close down wingers.

I'm not definitively saying that there aren't issues, but my philosophy is that if I see something that's a problem, I generally assume it's on my end until I can prove otherwise.

This is somewhere between a hot fix and a big fix :) work will go on on some issues but we have here what's been fixed and tested thus far.

Cool. Thought so. I was just being greedy. The hot fix covers almost all of the issues I've noted and wanted sorted so happy days over here.

Guest El Payaso
Have you experimented with more physically assertive Roles in midfield? Unless instructed otherwise at a Team or Player level, none of that trio are really the "roll your sleeves up and kick somebody" sort of player.
I've posted about this in tactics area so you could read my post there. And it doesn't help to see these big teams doing the same to smaller AI teams so I'm not alone with my problems.

My players are also making huge amount of dribbles against smaller teams.

Has anyone else noticed the 'Making tactical changes...' bar flash up at the bottom of the screen during games several times even though no changes are being made?

Also the bar at the top greys out, this never happened previously.

Bug surely?

Has anyone else noticed the 'Making tactical changes...' bar flash up at the bottom of the screen during games several times even though no changes are being made?

Also the bar at the top greys out, this never happened previously.

Bug surely?

This has been reported and is a known issue. :thup:

This has been reported and is a known issue. :thup:

Wonderful stuff:thup:

Also, I watch my games in 2D classic, but my replays are in 3D.

I have several information windows open during games to monitor whats going on such as match stats, oppositions formation, match information, body language etc

I'll keep maybe 1 open whilst i'm watching the game, but once a replay happens in 3D, then reverts back to 2D, they all pop open.

Which of course is rather annoying:)

Is this a known issue?

Well, I was kinda impressed at first. I saw much more various attacking plays through the center. But after few games I just rage quit.

I was on 17 games record breaking unbeaten run, with 2 last games won 7-1 and 6-0. First game I lose 1-4 to 13 placed Sampdoria, one goal from winger cross, my defenders just didn't react. And 3 silly scremers from outside the box from players with >10 long shots attribute. I had 58% possesion, 33 shots and 11 on target, still I scored just once, from a penalty kick. Next game was a cup game, against some Serie B team, I had like 50 shots, I can't recall now, still I didn't score. They had 2 shots on target and scored scripted lucky goal from the corner on 87 minute. Pretty familiar pattern, isn't it? Next game was against Fiorentina at home, again I dominated and attacked a lot, scored just once.. from the corner. Went counterattacking tactics, conceded three silly goals (my top quality defender suddenly became a sunday league amateurs) on 88, 90, 93. I don't know, honestly I don't see any improvements in defenders reactions, I'd say it actually got worse.

Most probably my tactics, tho.. So I won't complain much.

Maybe I'll give it another try after few days..

Well, I was kinda impressed at first. I saw much more various attacking plays through the center. But after few games I just rage quit.

I was on 17 games record breaking unbeaten run, with 2 last games won 7-1 and 6-0. First game I lose 1-4 to 13 placed Sampdoria, one goal from winger cross, my defenders just didn't react. And 3 silly scremers from outside the box from players with >10 long shots attribute. I had 58% possesion, 33 shots and 11 on target, still I scored just once, from a penalty kick. Next game was a cup game, against some Serie B team, I had like 50 shots, I can't recall now, still I didn't score. They had 2 shots on target and scored scripted lucky goal from the corner on 87 minute. Pretty familiar pattern, isn't it? Next game was against Fiorentina at home, again I dominated and attacked a lot, scored just once.. from the corner. Went counterattacking tactics, conceded three silly goals (my top quality defender suddenly became a sunday league amateurs) on 88, 90, 93. I don't know, honestly I don't see any improvements in defenders reactions, I'd say it actually got worse.

Post a screenshot of 50 shots no goals please

Maybe just do what the poster before you is doing?

Post a screenshot of 50 shots no goals please

I don't have any screenshots since I rage quit and didn't save the game :D. Ofc not all 50 were on target, but most of them.

Actually I posted screenshots of similar issue in 15.1.3 feedback thread..

I don't have any screenshots since I rage quit and didn't save the game :D. Ofc not all 50 were on target, but most of them.

Actually I posted screenshots of similar issue in 15.1.3 feedback thread..

In the screenshot you posted in 15.1.3 thread your team scored 6 goals. Hardly the same

update looks good so far (tho only played one match lol)

One thing tho which has been prevalent all through this edition...players are far too comfortable on their weaker foot...dribbling/passing/first touch all too good but even more apparent is even for players which are predominantly one footed don't shift the ball to stronger foot even when going to dribble/shoot/play delicate through balls

wow, 2 days ago (prepatch): I had this match against arsenal away. I won 3-2 at home, they scored by 2 set pieces. What happened was they had 2 Defenders who couldnt be registered for the match because they already played for other teams (Mussachio, Verrati). Koscielny was suspended because he got a yellow card in my home game. They placed a 15 year old into their central defense and won the game with 1-0 and i was out. Well this can happen, but i scored 3 goals on average in the league, every match of the season my team has at least scored once and now i lost against a 15 year old who never played a competitive match for Arsenal before? I lost somewhat the faith in the match engine...

today (afterpatch) Supercopa away againt Real Madrid:Im playing Barcelona with a possession style of tactic. Second season the injury crisis hit me hard, Neymar, Messi, Pique, Rakitic, Montoya and Sergi Samper are injured(prepatch). Luis Suarez gets injured during the game. Im playing a lot of youth players who I already established in the first season and who played a lot during preseason. The game ended 0-0 but i easily saw the best game since release. Real Madrid realy attacking heavy, luring for every chance with fast decisive play and dribblings against my passing, pressing and possession heavy Barcelona. Real Madrid had easily the overhand in Chanced (quantitywise and somewhat qualitywise) but what i saw in my midfield was unbelievable. I couldnt but just admire the fast short passing skills of my triple. The tension was easily the best experience i had with fm2015 so far. Just how i would imagine a real life game of this status, i just hope it stays this way.

Some match stats:

yCyLHgn.jpg

Archived