Pre-game editor & in-game editor new features blog

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It totally sucks when you have to wait for your funds to clear in your bank account before you can then transfer funds on to your credit card then you can finally purchase the in game editor :(

Could be waiting up to 48 hours before I can use the in game editor:(

I've just been playing around with the in-game editor and the one feature I really wanted from it looks great. I wanted the option to edit kits because it used to annoy me hugely playing with change strips which I hadn't much liked in the first year many years down the line, when the clubs would have changed theirs many times. There look to be plenty of options and it's easy to do, so that's the main thing I wanted from the in-game editor sorted.

The only other reason for using an in-game editor IMO is to deal with bugs. I once had a player who went off to an international friendly and never returned because his departure and return dates were transposed so the only way to ever get him back was editing. I'l have to wait for something like that to happen to see if the editor can cope.

But mainly thank you for listening re kits.

In the blog it said you could search players using current ability etc. I assumed this meant no more need for FM Scout. However, Ive spent twenty minutes trying to find out how to set up such searches. I clicked not he in game editor user manual and just got the FM manual, which didn't seem to have anything on the in game editor.

Any ideas anyone?

When I save my edited data, I use Save As. There doesn't seem to be an option to save over the file I have already used? I like to save several times during editing, incase there is a crash or another error, so I don't lose all the work I have done. Can someone please tell me how I do this?

I have edited some of the data, and for first time in any version of m, I don't find where to activate it on the game..

I can see the files that the eidtor saved (FFM files) but when starting a game, don't see where to select those files !!!

Anybody knows that ?

• SI Staff
In the blog it said you could search players using current ability etc. I assumed this meant no more need for FM Scout. However, Ive spent twenty minutes trying to find out how to set up such searches. I clicked not he in game editor user manual and just got the FM manual, which didn't seem to have anything on the in game editor.

Any ideas anyone?

Player search filters, there is also an option in the editor menu to show all plaers rather than just those you have knowledge of

Thank you SI, thank you so much. I've been begging for the ability to edit kits for years now and it's not only finally happened, but it looks very comprehensive.

I only had a quick look last night before bed but if my eyes didn't decive me it looks like there are a number of options for both away and third kits such as European Cup changes. Superb if so. If anyone has already tested it and has some feedback it would be greatly appreciated.

And once again, thanks for listening SI!

Now I am getting error code 1 when I try to access the extra content. Before, a few hours ago, I could access it but I could not buy the editor as it says error code 1000. How do I fix this? :(

Same problem :(

Can anyone from SI tell me how I can save my edited data over a previously saved edit? Also, could you please change the default setting to NOT save it to the Steam Workshop? It's annoying changing it every time, I am sure most people won't be sharing their edited databases.

• Administrators

The store is currently down, we are looking into this and will let you know when the store is back up.

Can anyone from SI tell me how I can save my edited data over a previously saved edit? Also, could you please change the default setting to NOT save it to the Steam Workshop? It's annoying changing it every time, I am sure most people won't be sharing their edited databases.
this totally agree, and can we have files saved in .xml format please rather than fmf. I know you can use resource archiver to convert file to.xml, but then changes in that file don't work in game

Haven't bought the game yet, so can someone tell me this? Can we save a player's current attributes (No, I don't mean the freeze attributes option) and import it onto another player.

Say, for example, I want to export/save Messi's attributes so that I can import it to Januzaj's profile. So, basically Januzaj's personal info stays the same, but his attributes are now the same as Messi's. Can this be done?

Many thanks! :)

Also, this is probably a question which only SEGA can answer.

I don't live in a country which uses one of the standard currency formats in STEAM (ie US$, UK pound, AUS$, etc)

I basically get my game every from online stores for which I pay in my country's currency. I then activate the game on STEAM.

Now, the IGE is only available on STEAM and is payable only through their standard currencies. Now, is there any way I can pay for it in my country's currency?

Because, after factoring in conversion charges, etc it turns out to be quite expensive (when compared to the price of the game).

Thanks again!

We can't answer those last two posts on here I'm afraid :( you need to contact Sega and/or Steam probably Steam as they stipulate what currencies are accepted.

Yeah, I already brought it up in the bugs forum with Lucas. Hopefully its a simple fix of just having the price being automatically round up to the nearest whole number.

If not... may need to get creative.

for those that still play fm 14 and use the in-game editor is there any chance you will add the "You can now edit contract types, plus bonuses and clauses" feature? Because at the moment only editing salaries doesn't help lower payroll total thus making the "transfer to your team" and "edit salary" be pretty useless.

I've reported this issue here as a bug http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/406319-FM-14-In-Game-Editor-BUG but now I think it was more of a "left out" thingy

Quick question please :

I need to modify just one small value in the pre-game editor, how can I be sure that I can save the change into the database and that is used into the game ?

I clicked on save editor data as " xxxxxx " but how can I start a game instructing FM to use the edited database ? Considering that's a small change I can edit even the original database no problem, please tell me how.

After my editing I closed the editor and reloaded the database and my modification was gone :(

Of course I digged into google to no avail.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Hi Guys,

Similarly to the above post can anyone help me with a pre-game editor problems?

Trying to start a new online game and we always edit the database (remove some debt, reduce transfers, mini drafts etc) and I have downloaded the editor and make the changes but it wont let me select the database I want to use or change any of the files? I can edit and the database and make my changes but when I try to select the edited data in game the "Editor Data Files" is greyed out and wont let me click it, or give me the option to change the databade?

Anyone else had this problem or know how to resolve it?

Have you verified the changes on your custom database - until you have you cant use it for a new save

Top left hand corner of the dp editor there a pm option for test rules I think - once that's done you should be able to select your DB

Archived