FM15: Manchester United F.C. - I'm loving Angel instead

DavidBeckham

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished my first season.

After a dodgy start adjusting to my formation, which I was able to tweak and perfect during the beta, we had a brilliant season. Champions & now the domestic cup-holders for both competitions!

Robin van Persie & Falcao completely ripped apart the opposition, forming a formidble partnership that notched 53 goals. Rooney started less than 15 league games because of the form of the other two, but still scored a respectable 22 goals in all competitions. Gabriel Barbosa & Lucas Boyé, my other two strikers, got themselves into double-figures in all competitions as well. Both of them were fantastic impact subs and will be given more & more chances as the other three age and fall down the pecking order.

Di Maria in the roaming playmaker role was excellent, as were Shaw & Rafael in the wing-back positions. Those three alone created 40 assists!

Admittedly, I struggled a little in the second-half of the season with injuries and a build-up of fixtures with a relatively small squad. I recorded three out of my four losses in that time, as I needed to rotate and field a weaker team to keep my most important players fit. I'll definitely need to improve the squad depth with Champions League football next season.

2014/15 League & Stats

1024x564.resizedimage

2014/15 Fixtures & results

1024x564.resizedimage

1024x564.resizedimage

Formations

5-3-2

1024x564.resizedimage

My formation allows for free-flowing attacking football and as you'll see from some of the results above there are plenty of high scoring games, notably an 8-1 win Vs. Arsenal. I am prone to leaking the odd goal here and there simply because of the way I like to play, but we still managed to finish the season having conceded the fewest goals.

4-2-2-2 (defensive)

1024x564.resizedimage

I use a far more defensive tactic which I created to primarily hold on to the current result. It's not pretty, but it grinds down the clock and does the job!

manchester_united_by_crzpoole_hey_wg_can_we_desktop_1680x1050_hd-wallpaper-483173.jpg

2014/15 Season

Premier League - Champions

Lord, I have no idea how we managed to win the league. We were extremely inconsistent in the first half of the season, losing to Liverpool, City and even lost 6-1 to Spurs, my main problem was a constant parade of injuries, forcing us to play Wilson and McNair as regulars along with me struggling to create a tactic that could work for our side, with us sitting around fourth/fifth and at one point being twelve points behind Chelsea who were sitting on top of the table for the majority of the season. Settling on a 433 with Falcao as a False Nine, Mata as a Raumdeuter and Di Maria/Rooney as a centre-midfielder attack saw us spring into life, winning eight games on the bounce, losing one and then going six games unbeaten, beating everybody but Liverpool/Arsenal in the top half (and Newcastle who we drew 5-5 with :lol: ) saw us storm to the top of the table and with Chelsea/City hilariously bottling it big-time, we won the league with a game to go with Wilson netting the winning goal :cool:

Capital One Cup - Fourth Round

Disappointing because I felt like this was a competition we could actually win at, did play the youths in the first two rounds due to the lesser competition and this is where Wilson really shined, breaking Giggs fastest scoring record by scoring in 13 seconds, then scoring within 30 seconds in the next round, Pearson, Lindgard and Will Keane all shined as well so it was disappointing to go out to Newcastle, who eventually won the cup.

Another really disappointing cup run, we got a terrible draw against City when we were still in the midst of trying to work out a solid formation and City took advantage, hate to go out so early especially to City but I think this actually helped us to win the league as it meant we only played one game a week for the rest of the season while City/Chelsea had FA Cup/Champions League requirements to focus on, so some small positives.

Loaned out a lot of youth players, mainly once we out of the cups to give players games that they wouldn't have gotten otherwise and honestly, most I don't really want, looking to clear out most of the Under 21's/18's in the next few seasons and bring in more of my own youths who I can either A) Develop into first-teamers or B) Develop into players that I can sell-on for a profit in a few seasons. Shipped off Anderson for a loss but I didn't need or want him so I didn't mind and exchanged Young for Stones as that was the only way I could get rid of hi as nobody came in for him.

John Stones was brought it to cover for Right-back and centre-back and he was phenomenal, absolute bargain for 14 Million/Young, ended up getting into the Team of the Year last season, excited, even scored a few penalties when I didn't have Falcao/Mata/Rooney playing. Samuel Umtiti was like Stones, brought in to cover for LB/Centre Back (as I mostly use Rojo as a CB) and he was great, always felt secure with him at the back. Hughes did alright, nothing special but was out for a few months with an injury that set him back, want him to be my eventual replacement for Rooney in Centre-Midfield in the next season or too. De Jong was somebody I brought in because I felt I need more muscle in midfield for the bigger games and although he didn't get great ratings, he did exactly what I needed of him. Munir I got in January and an absolute steal at 10.25 Million, seriously somebody at Barca murked up big-time with such a low release clause, I want him to eventually play a false-nine up front because I think he has the attributes for it but he didn't play well up there but absolutely tore it up playing on the left as an inside forward, rotating with Janujaz, scored and assisted some great goals, big season coming up for him.

Perhaps I'm just very very lucky with this save, but I'm halfway through season 3 and a strike force of RvP, Gabriel Barbosa, James Wilson, Ricardo Zivkovic and Vincent Aboudakar (from FC Porto) is unstoppable - everyone is averaging a goal to games ratio of 1:1 at the moment, with only the Zivkovic/Wilson partnership the least effective (they are both the youngest)

Hey guys,

So I have just finished my first season in charge and it has been an ok season.

Here are the transfers made:-

transfers_in_1st_season.jpg

We finished 3rd which was a disappointment as we were challenging the top 2 for most of the season but a late season slump cost us dearly.

In the cups we were knocked out in he 4th round of the capital one by Brighton, but I was playing the kids so didn't care too much. In the FA Cup we were knocked out in the Semis by Arsenal. Unfortunately, this came during our slump and there wasn't a otl I could do.

Here are the stats for the Premier league and final table:-

1st_season_table.jpg

And the stats for the team - DeGea:-

1st_team_stats.jpg

So at least we have Champions League footy next season and now I have a platform to build on. I am going for all competitions next season. I think here will be a clear out of the dead wood in the summer, but I don't envisage a massive amount of signings coming but we shall see. I have a tactic I like now so just trying to fit everyone in and keep them happy. As you know there are a few good youngsters in the club, many of which I have played as much as I could this seasn, and shall continue to bring them through in th upcoming season.

I Shall keep you updated :)

clyne any good? i like the look of him but my scouts dont rate him that highly

Yes he is pretty good. He rarely has a bad game for me when he plays. I even had him at RM as a WM for a while when I play with 3 at the back and he does a good job there.

Oh I also forgot to mention before that I am training Shaw to play as a winger and an attacking midfielder. I am trying to turn him into the new Bale as he has the ability for it. Whenever I hae played him more advanced, be it out wide or in the middle he has aways done well. Has anyone else attempted this?

Coming towards the end of the season and things are gathering momentum.

Latest game a rare complete shut out against West Ham

oo4Czqe.png?1

League table with 8 games to go

7isysJN.png?1

FA Cup semi with Man City to look forward too but they are involved in Champions League still and have drawn their last 3 league games so I am hopeful of catching them in the league and beating them in the cup.

Lost to Arsenal in the Capital One Cup after surrendering a 2 goal lead.

Have tweaked my formation for a more solid possession based system

NT2chfO.png?1

Just a few things I've noticed for anyone whose interested

1. I would advise against playing a False 9 as a striker as they do nothing other than shoot from distance even when they have passing options.

I've since noticed that this has been brought up in the bugs forum and it's being looked into.

2 Stay on feet, I seem to have a higher percentage of tackles made/balls one when this TI is implemented.

Will hope to end the season later today so will update on how everything finished.

1. I would advise against playing a False 9 as a striker as they do nothing other than shoot from distance even when they have passing options.

I've since noticed that this has been brought up in the bugs forum and it's being looked into.

2 Stay on feet, I seem to have a higher percentage of tackles made/balls one when this TI is implemented.

Will hope to end the season later today so will update on how everything finished.

My advice is play Falcao as advanced forward , he scored 44 epl goals in his first season in a 4-3-3 system(playing without wings)

good luck with ur season.

My advice is play Falcao as advanced forward , he scored 44 epl goals in his first season in a 4-3-3 system(playing without wings)

good luck with ur season.

If I play him as Adv F he is isolated. It's possession based on counter, the lone striker needs to connect with the mids and let the AML/R do all the damage.

I wasn't really stuck just offering advice, My lone striker is now DLF-S.

As a matter of interest how do you set up?

433 with 3 strikers?

Finished my first season on FM15 with Manchester United.

Bladdered the league title, winning it at Stamford Bridge with 3 games to spare:

2l9h8uo.png

Final table:

sxisg5.png

Also won the FA Cup, and made the semi's of the League Cup:

21dfk2t.png

Looks good mate.

I like the sound of your formations. Can you post some screens of your tactics screens for both?

Having some problems getting goals out of my strikers - Falcao 9 in 25, Rooney 5 in 20, RVP 13 in 20 (before an injury) with a lot of the goals coming in cup competitions against weak opponents. Doing well with lots of goals from elsewhere but want to have a least one striker I can rely on.

Have bought Berahino to arrive at end of season, will not by Falcao (but may try and extend loan) - Does anyone have a suggestion for an obtainable marquee striker who could replace Rooney or Falcao? And whether anyone else has had these problems especially with Falcao and Rooney (constantly getting 6.10s or below)

Tactics?

And what are people generally doing regarding formations?

I'm starting my United Save, and can't settle on a formation.

And I'm seeing some Martin Odegaard's floating about, is he in the game? Or will I need to use editor to put him in???

Odegaard is an official downloadable file through steam but you will need to start a new game to get him playable.

Iker Muniain

This Spanish superstar won the World Player Of The Year in the first season for me and was shortlisted for the World Golden Ball. You can use him as a striker or an AML and he still scores goals either way.

Falcao gives you goals, but it's his assists that set him apart from the others. Put somebody capable next to him and I'm sure your team would do well.

I sold Wayne Rooney straight off for £45mil to Chelsea in the first season.

I've had him at the top of a 4-5-1 with Mata, Rooney or Fellaini behind him with Di Maria and Januzaj out wide. Or in a 4-4-2 diamond with a striker partner RVP or Rooney. He has 5 assists as well so he's just not adding enough. Muniain is a good shout - How much dd you pay for him?

Does anyone know how to tone down the amount of longshots in game?It's doing my freaking head in.

I've tried everything I can think of PI's of shoot less,TI's of work ball in to box.

n976Y4O.png?1

Latest game v's Swansea.

On a plus side though Man City have capitulated and are on the verge of handing me the title.I can't believe how excited I am!!!

ZzZnoiD.png?1

i have just finished my first season and finished 2nd by only goal difference to chelsea but in 2nd transfer window i decided to buy both kevin strootman and raphael varane and during first season i brought in tielemens , balanta ,lars bender and john stones and i got rid off lot the dead wood like young and anderson and whole host off others so im hoping im going to be pretty set now for while with a core group off players

Just finished the 2nd Season and it's fair to say I did pretty well :p

rsz_competitions_competitions.jpg

Here are the transfers I made throughout the season:

rsz_1transfers_transfer_history.jpg

The final league table and stats are as follows:

rsz_1barclays_premier_league_overview_profile.jpg

Total Domination as you can see although I was disappointed we couldn't go the whole season unbeaten :( 1 defeat was the second game as the team were getting used to the new tactic the other 2 came late on when the league was wrapped up and I was playing the kids.

As you can see the players did ok throughout the season

rsz_inbox_inbox_6.jpg

rsz_1inbox_inbox.jpg

rsz_1inbox_inbox_2.jpg

rsz_1inbox_inbox_3.jpg

We had a great win in the champions league final against Arsenal

rsz_inbox_inbox_7.jpg

There was no stopping us in any comp and the screenie below shows how good we were in Europe

rsz_inbox_inbox_8.jpg

Here are the finl player stats of the season. You can see the goals came from all over the place, not just a few players. We scored in total 136 goals in 64 games or something like that.

rsz_squad_players_players.jpg

Next season I am looking at selling off a few players and bringing through the youngsters. I have decided that I will make only 1 or 2 marquee signings a season now and just use the youth. I will of course look to bring in youth from other teams but won't be spending a oad unless they are one of the marquee signings.

My own personal challenges for next season are to go through the league unbeaten and win every compeition I enter :)

Started a proper game last night after messing around and getting used to the new engine, and so far so good (albeit about 6 league games in). Using a flexible attacking 4231 wide which is a slow tempo, possession based system which builds from the back and then allows the front 4 to do the damage. Also designing my first ever 352 based on the plethora of CB's but this is very much a WIP

Changes that I can remember (at work at mo, will post more later)

In (total of around 50m)

Balanta

Samper

Munir

Damian

Geoffrey Kondogbia

Dele Ali

Ashley Williams

Out (brought in around 35m)

Smalling

Carrick

Valencia

Anderson

Falcao has started very well, Rojo seems quite solid and Munir has started very well (scoring a winner at Anfield after coming on as sub is one way to start your utd career! ) Rooney in this and previous save (albeit messing around) has started poorly, contemplating selling him in Jan to fund the Falcao transfer if he carries on. PSG have unsettled DeGea but im hoping a kebab and a hug will bring him round! Staff wise, Decided to "demote" Giggs to under 18's manager and hired McGuinness as a coach while replacing Giggs with Tassotti from Milan (epec Assman stats, especially for Opp inst) Just how bad is Giggs in this game? He shouldn't be my under 18's manager but I just cant bring myself to sack him.

I wanted to know how people have faired with selling Rooney/RVP and maybe DeGea? I dont want to sell DDG but if he forces the issue I feel I could get a big fee and snap up valdes on a freebie which at least in the short term must be a viable option?

Cheers!

DeGea tried to get me to sell him to PSG aswell, I just told him I promise we would be in the champions league the next season and he agreed to stay. Good decision lol. I sold RVP in the first season for about 20m or something and replaced him with wilson from the u21s. He was doing ok for me but decided to cash in on him because of his age. I also didn't take on Falcao at the end of the season. Rooney has been amazing for me this season, definitely wouldn't sell him.

I kept Giggs as my Ass man, couldn't bring myself to demote or get rid. I don't use him for much anyway haha.

DeGea tried to get me to sell him to PSG aswell, I just told him I promise we would be in the champions league the next season and he agreed to stay. Good decision lol. I sold RVP in the first season for about 20m or something and replaced him with wilson from the u21s. He was doing ok for me but decided to cash in on him because of his age. I also didn't take on Falcao at the end of the season. Rooney has been amazing for me this season, definitely wouldn't sell him.

I kept Giggs as my Ass man, couldn't bring myself to demote or get rid. I don't use him for much anyway haha.

I told him that basically it wasn't happening and he seems to have fallen in line so far. In an ideal world he would stay. Who did you end up with if you let Falcao and RVP go? Getting rid of RVP is tempting due to his age and with him being injury prone.

END OF SEASON REVIEW 2014-15

A really good season finishing in the league title plus FA Cup triumph 3-0 over Chelsea

VuPAfN2.png?1

I had to show this. Phil Jones scores Uniteds second in the Cup Final.Unfortunately this shows one of the many issues at the moment with the match engine.

Phil Jones version of David Beckham vs Wimbledon all those years ago

Cech has a free kick in the right hand corner and passes it to 29 who pumps the ball upfield.It falls at the feet of Jones.

vgXDmAI.png?1

Who looks up and sees that Cech hasn't quite made it back between the posts so decides to let fly with a 55 yard shot!!

IxZ4Rgt.png?1

conclusive evidence.

eWf9aBv.png?1

Di Maria had a bash aswell but just missed out(imagine 2 in one game lol).

PLAYER PERFORMANCE

2q9vXoc.png?1

Rooney 22 and Depay 20 were top scorers and Munir and Adnan got double figures too.

Di Maria wade in with a few and a fair amount of assists

LOOKING AHEAD TO 2015-16

There won't be any major overhauls this season Falcao spent two thirds of the season injured so I have half a mind to let him go back to Monaco?

I will be on the lookout for a strong skilful Rooneyesque forward to play the deep-lying role and possibly another wing forward or retrain Wilson as an AML.

Odegaard will get at least 15 games as well as TFM(the dutch defender).

I chose not to sign Falcao for his injury proneness aswell. He gets injured so much, 40m is far too much to waste on him. Oh I also noticed too late that Rojo has a 25m release clause and lost him to Chelsea :(

I chose not to sign Falcao for his injury proneness aswell. He gets injured so much, 40m is far too much to waste on him. Oh I also noticed too late that Rojo has a 25m release clause and lost him to Chelsea :(

Unfortunatley this is a data error, the clause was in his Sporting contract and it has been carried across the his United one by mistake, I imagine it will be fixed in the next update.

Unfortunatley this is a data error, the clause was in his Sporting contract and it has been carried across the his United one by mistake, I imagine it will be fixed in the next update.

Shame as he was a beast for me. Michael Keane and John Stones have done extremely well in his absence

Sooooo..... I may have gone a bit overboard on my idea to only bring in one or 2 marquee signings this season :p I did sell off a few players though lol

rsz_transfers_transfer_history_2.jpg

Still annoyed about losing Rojo like that but Keane is turning into a beast as is Stones. I have a full English Back 4 now :)

I am now also Manager of England and told to basically destroy all in the Word cup Qualifiers. So far 4 wins out of 4 so on track. The season has started well with United, top after 8 winning 7 drawing 1 so on curse for the unbeaten season I am aiming for and winning all group games in the champons league, also won the Community Shield and the Super Cup so on course for 7 trophies this year :)

I didn't have the money back then and had other targets, wasn't going to go for him this time but thought sod it, might aswell. I went for Ronaldo as well but he turned me down saying we weren't big enough even though we won Everything last season and they couldn't even make the quarters of the Champions League. I may go for him in the summer after winning the Champions League again and see what he says this time.

Typically Pogba got injured abut 4 days after joining and was out for 3 months. He is yet to play for me but he is close to returning now

That's strange because I've managed to get Messi and Ronaldo to agree to a transfer in the first and second season (before pulling out of the deal). I just offered ridiculous amounts of cash for them to come :D

Ronaldo wouldn't even listen to my contract offer. I spoke to him to try and persuade him and still he said no :(

Just bought Goetze in mine, found out he was unhappy at Bayern near the end of first season. Didn't even need him but it had to be done.

Now trying to decide who to keep from RVP and Rooney (if either) - Does anyone know if they get much interest in 2015 for either player?

Also looking to offload Hernandez, Valencia and Henriquez and trying to decide who to keep between Nani and Zaha - Any suggestions?

Apart from Goetze I've Berahino and Samper coming back from loan and thinking of signing Berardi.

Just bought Goetze in mine, found out he was unhappy at Bayern near the end of first season. Didn't even need him but it had to be done.

Now trying to decide who to keep from RVP and Rooney (if either) - Does anyone know if they get much interest in 2015 for either player?

Also looking to offload Hernandez, Valencia and Henriquez and trying to decide who to keep between Nani and Zaha - Any suggestions?

Apart from Goetze I've Berahino and Samper coming back from loan and thinking of signing Berardi.

Sell off RVP and keep Rooney, he is a beast. Nani was awesome for me last season and was third in world player of the year, haven't used Zaha yet as he keeps getting injured lol

just went unbeaten for the season and won the treble

Arsenal pushed me the whole way in the league though, i finished with 28 wins and 10 draws

Januzaj unfortunately in my save is very injury prone and has barely improved, Lucas romero was a great signing alongside Balanta

Archived