Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember the days when people said that about games and not about patches

This is true. Must have been before CM4 though! Now, that WAS bad out of the box (and not much better when fully patched). I think that's the only time I have gone back to playing the previous version.

I've played over 300 hours of this version of the game so far, and generally loved it. Been a few issues but there always is with software of this magnitude and complexity. I really don't get why people deem it to be 'unplayable'. I can understand people are frustrated with a lot of the issues, but you can still have a very enjoyable FM experience with the current build of the game.

In my opinion.

300 hours? Mate, are you sure about it? Beta version released just around 1 month ago and you said: "I played 12.5 days.". How could you achieve it :D

Sorry but I can't endure to the ME. I don't want to write same things again; you can read on this thread. Everyone knows it anymore. So in my opinion; this game is unplayable and I couldnt play yet. I tried so much, believe me. I erased my careers in maximum 6 months. I gave up finally.

I've played over 300 hours of this version of the game so far, and generally loved it. Been a few issues but there always is with software of this magnitude and complexity. I really don't get why people deem it to be 'unplayable'. I can understand people are frustrated with a lot of the issues, but you can still have a very enjoyable FM experience with the current build of the game.

In my opinion.

That's a long, long time considering when FM came out, you should really take up football or something.

Wouldn't it make much more sense if SI started releasing this game for christmas each year,sure we would miss a few months but for a lot of us we are missing these months by waiting for the game to be fixed.

I bought a game 3 weeks ago that i still can't play....that's like buying a car but waiting for the wheels to be fixed....what a joke.

Wouldn't it make much more sense if SI started releasing this game for christmas each year,sure we would miss a few months but for a lot of us we are missing these months by waiting for the game to be fixed.

I bought a game 3 weeks ago that i still can't play....that's like buying a car but waiting for the wheels to be fixed....what a joke.

No because it would just mean starting this same cycle 2 months later, and don't make car analogies, it's infractable.

In my opinion.

Utter rubbish.

The game was released 16 days ago and it's totally playable. It's not perfect. Nothing is. I understand your frustrations. I have them to with some thing in the game, but it's the best football management simulation, so far ever for me. I believe it will be even better with the coming updates. For 30 English pounds you get something with what you can have fun with for about a year.

Utter rubbish.

Not really, it very much depends on how you play the game, what your setup is etc. etc. many people don't use the 3D ME (even don't watch matches) so they're not suffering as much from the issues bugging others.

If someone is really enjoying the game then they could have gotten 300 hours out of it so far.

I find the game to be okey, nothing more than that and I have 120 hours played, that is with me playing some Bioshock Infinite on the side as well as real life stuff.

Also there have been times I just could not bring myself to launch FM, like I said though if someone IS really enjoying it then of course they will be playing a lot more than me.

Even though some of the more buggy aspects of the ME annoy the hell out of me, the game is still playable in its current state, and I'd rather the SI guys spent more time getting this next release as close to perfect as they can.

Utter rubbish.

I've started playing on 3rd November and I've played 137 hours, so far. So, let's say he's been playing it since the Beta days it's really possible for him to have played 300 hours. Beta came out about a month ago.

If someone is really enjoying the game then they could have gotten 300 hours out of it so far.

I find the game to be okey, nothing more than that and I have 120 hours played, that is with me playing some Bioshock Infinite on the side as well as real life stuff.

Also there have been times I just could not bring myself to launch FM, like I said though if someone IS really enjoying it then of course they will be playing a lot more than me.

Im on 180 hours according to Steam, and i could have played much more if i didnt restart GTA.

Unfortunately our requirement for a number of days testing means we have missed the cut off for this weekend.

I hope we can release an ME update next week but it's subject to these days of testing.

Again thanks for your patience.

Thanks again for the updates. Good to hear we'll probably see something next week.

Im on 180 hours according to Steam, and i could have played much more if i didnt restart GTA.

Ha, I've not even looked at GTA since this came out, which is a shame as it's a belter of a game. I'm missing Trevor...

Anyway, I think this has gone wayyyy off topic!!

So if there is no update till next week then it looks like I won't be playing fm14 this weekend because I just get frustrated playing the game because of the ME bugs

There is no update until there is one. It might drop today, it might drop tomorrow, it might drop months from now. It is absolutely pointless to speculate or write the usual passive aggressive posts about how people won't be able to play it. It will be here when it's ready.

There is no update until there is one. It might drop today, it might drop tomorrow, it might drop months from now. It is absolutely pointless to speculate or write the usual passive aggressive posts about how people won't be able to play it. It will be here when it's ready.

I think you have missed Pauls last post. :)

So if there is no update till next week then it looks like I won't be playing fm14 this weekend because I just get frustrated playing the game because of the ME bugs

Excellent, well get up and go do something else then. What is it with people? I love Football Manager but it's not the be all and end all.

I hope that the update will make selling players a little more possible, and that problem positions (strikers and full backs as widely discussed) are looked at and it's not just concentrating on ME.

I put my thoughts on this thread and was told to look at tactics. I've had every football manager game ever made and played 1000s of hours, I think I understand tactics of football, you shouldn't have to tailor tactics specifically to a game if it's a realistic representation of football!

This is the first time ever I've completely stopped playing the game due to bugs and glitches. If I have to watch my defenders jog next to an attacker until he crosses/shoot i'm going to launch my laptop through my living room window! Also I know sometimes a side dominates a game then loses 1-0.. but does it happen every other game? no!

Why do my strikers always make terrible decisions? Through on goal.. stop, pass wide? blaze wide from 8 yards? other such ridiculous incidents!

My main gripe is that changing tactics in game that aren't working just don't seem to make as much of a difference as they have done in previous games? maybe this is just my fault but the other faults i've mentioned have been mentioned 100s of times on this very forum so hopefully SI will address ALL of them.

SI are now delaying release of update due to extensive testing of patch.. ok fair enough, why didn't they carry out this extensive testing on the game prior to release and taking £30-35 of all our money?!

Surely in 2014 a game shouldn't be released until it's ready to play.. no patches etc! ok january transfer updates, but no other patches should be needed IMO.

My main gripe is that changing tactics in game that aren't working just don't seem to make as much of a difference as they have done in previous games?

For me, that's one of the biggest improvements in the game. I can actually see my decisions having an effect on the pitch. There's been a number of games that what I've done to tweak things has either worked or failed miserably. On each occasion though, I can actually see a real visible effect of what I've done each time.

Weird how people can have such opposite views on things, eh?

2 games with Sevilla, 2 wins BUT 5 woodwork hits in those 2 games, 13 CCC's missed, full backs not defending, strikers heading over the bar from 2 yards out.

Yet another weekend since release that I probably won't be playing. Starting to forget why I actually paid money for this :D Should have waited.

I suppose a question I have, an apologise if I have already missed the answer, is will the patch be save game compatible? Has that been confirmed at all?

At least if it is we could tentatively start a game.

All patches / updates in previous years have been save game compatible so I imagine so

2 games with Sevilla, 2 wins BUT 5 woodwork hits in those 2 games, 13 CCC's missed, full backs not defending, strikers heading over the bar from 2 yards out.

Yet another weekend since release that I probably won't be playing. Starting to forget why I actually paid money for this :D Should have waited.

Play in the lower leagues. Much better there.

I suppose a question I have, an apologise if I have already missed the answer, is will the patch be save game compatible? Has that been confirmed at all?

At least if it is we could tentatively start a game.

Yes, except those that require database changes (so things like the Swedish reserve league set-up). For everything else, including the ME, it is fully save game compatible.

Never had much of a problem creating a decent tactic on previous FMs but this years version is horrendous.

I play a 4-1-2-2-1. My favorite formation. Yet every thing I try just doesn't come off. Rigid? Fluid? Balanced? Attacking? Control?

Players like Juan Mata, Eden Hazard just don't respond. Tell the players to "SHOOT LESS" and "WORK BALL INTO BOX". Lol **** that! Gonna try a 30 yarder when a through ball to the striker is open. Happens at least 3 times a game. I've followed the 12 step guide which makes sense yet still get fired by January because poor results. What the hell am I supposed to do? I adapt my game to my opposition, try to exploit weaknesses. Players don't follow tactical orders so I tried taking away creative freedom.

It seems like I'm not the only one and I'm sure some know it all will tell me it's my tactics but tell me this SI. Why the hell should I scour the internet for tactical guides every year just to play your game? I've been playing since 2011 and I've even contributed successful tactics but I simply can't get my head around this version. I'm hoping this ME Update will solve a lot of issues.

why the shock about the patch date, they're run by Sega. The same company that guaranteed a patch every Friday for total war till it was fixed......... which fell flat on it's face after 2 weeks. I feel sorry for the devs and QC team. They'd probually have released a few small fixing patches by now if it wasn't for the higher ups

I understand everyone is annoyed and so am I massively as I paid 35 quid for pre order and now it 20-25 quid already and it'll defo be 20 quid by the time this patch is out but you reap what you sow and at the end of the day its just as damaging to release it in its current state it is and I'm pretty sure SI are aware of what this has done to there reputation and future sales obviously the same will happen I will get harranged and they will say theres nothing wrong but yet there was a update in a day with one as quick as possible following right behind but theres so much to fix its taking a lot of time with amazon now it is down to 3 stars (was 2.5 yesterday) the lowest I ever seen it for an FM game (and I have alway bought everyone) and the forums have gone crazy, kinda tells the story no matter what I or anyone else says. I am not gonna bitch and moan just wait for the update and then not buy the next one until its a fully established release and those who are moaning can just do the same. An apology would have been nice but I wont hold my breath cause its an admittance of guilt. I'll just let my money next year do the talking and I recommend anyone who is angered do the same. I have been a FM fan but its hard to defend the indefencable

why the shock about the patch date, they're run by Sega. The same company that guaranteed a patch every Friday for total war till it was fixed......... which fell flat on it's face after 2 weeks. I feel sorry for the devs and QC team. They'd probually have released a few small fixing patches by now if it wasn't for the higher ups

Sorry, much as I'd love it to be true Sega have no responsibility whatever for FM updates (probably just as well looking at the region locking issue etc)

Do I want to start a game now knowing it's more than likely going to absolutely infuriate me?!

Stroll on patch! can't wait to start enjoying FM again.. hopefully!

If FM infuriates you then no amount of updates will change that, it is what it is and you are what you are :D

Sorry, much as I'd love it to be true Sega have no responsibility whatever for FM updates (probably just as well looking at the region locking issue etc)

So sega have no minimum QC level tests, and it's all down to SI? cause Creativie Assembley have suggested otherwise.

and if so how can it be to late to release it. If it's in SI's hands they can upload it whenever they want, it's not like they need to verify it with microsoft

So sega have no minimum QC level tests, and it's all down to SI? cause Creativie Assembley have suggested otherwise.

and if so how can it be to late to release it. If it's in SI's hands they can upload it whenever they want, it's not like they need to verify it with microsoft

There will be cuts off for submitting things to Steam, updates never happen at weekends.

Archived