FM14: Manchester United FC Thread - Dawn of a New Evra!

batty1

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't understand why some people use "OMG" rather than just typing out "Oh My God". The world is full of mysteries................

On another note, it is likely to be influenced by real life feelings towards him.

Hes just thrown his toys out of the pram on my save and won't back down. So he may be off in Jan, couldn't care less tbh, have too many strikers already.

Anyway just destroyed Liverpool! Could and should have been 7 though.

808d8f7f4024cfb67cfc184d71469606.png

How did you get that much for Anderson and Buttner!?

I got about £8.5m for both!

I just offered them to clubs at 200% there market value to see what would happen. no one came in so I reduced it slightly until I got an offer.did the same with RVP and got a 47m offer from Chelsea which I have accepted. he joins next open window. however im starting to regret my decision as he has just scored a few goals. fingers crossed it wont come back and bite me on the arse!!

sorry I didn't read my mail properly! he rejected Chelsea. so I offered him out for 40m and got an offer from Barcelona which he did accept but also got cancelled due to there lack of funds. I think I will keep him as he has started to score more frequently

Tried managing United in the demo, haven't had time to mess around with it more but reached the end of December and I think I'm doing pretty well getting used to the new slider-less tactics. Sold Nani for 12m to Chelsea, Anderson 11.5m to Schalke, Buttner 6m to PSV, Macheda 2.5m to Sampdoria, Ferdinand 3m to Dortmund and Lindegaard sent on loan to Reading. Brought in Balanta for 10m from River Plate, Diame for 3.5m (release clause) from West Ham, Revelliere on a free, Neil Taylor 4m from Swansea, Honda 1.5m from CSKA, Insigne from Napoli for 15m and Timo Werner 7.5m from Stuttgart.

Goalkeepers

GK(d) - de Gea / Johnstone

Defenders

CWB(a) - Rafael / Revelliere

CB(d) - Jones / Smalling / Michael Keane

CB(d) - Balanta / Vidic / Evans

FB(s) - Evra / Taylor / Fabio

Central Midfielders

DLP(d) - Carrick / Cleverley / Honda / Fletcher

BWM/BBM(s) - Fellaini / Diame

Attacking Midfielders/Wingers

W(s) - Insigne / Zaha / Welbeck

SS(a)/AP(a) - Kagawa / Giggs / RvP

IF(a) - Januzaj / Insigne / Welbeck

Forwards

DLF(a)/AF(a) - RvP / Hernandez / Werner

Surprised to see Rooney not in there? Well that arse kicked up a fuss about wanting a new challenge, I told him to sod off and packed him off for a future transfer to Bayern in January for 35m. Save to say his banishment to the U21s has actually made the team play alot better, Hernandez has been unreal from the moment Rooney start mucking about with me. His record up until January reads 13 apps and 20 goals (9 in the CL!). RvP ain't too far behind, 16 apps and 20 goals. Januzaj and Insigne are something else though, these two have been racking up the assists like nobody's business. Januzaj has 13 assists in as many appearances, Insigne has 17 assists in 15 games.

Pretty jealous about everyone who is enjoying Januzaj. He broke his foot in an U21 match and is out for 4 months in my game. I'm devastated. Being tutored by Giggs is still raising his determination though.

I decided to play with no transfer budgets in the first window, first time I've ever done that and I'm really enjoying it. Buttner, Cleverley and Valencia (players I'd normally sell) are doing really well. Nani came back from his injury, and in his first game back broke something or other and is out for 3 months. Great.

Welbeck is a goal machine coming in from the left wing (I'm playing 4-2-3-1, with the CMs as BWM(D) and DLP(S), the three AMs as W(S) EG(A) W(S), and the striker as AF(A)).

Couple of defeats so far but overall it's going well, aside from the insane amount of yellow cards my BWM picks up, now that I can't tell him to chill out a bit.

Negotiated new contracts for Januzaj and Rafael (After Real Madrid interest)

Sold Anderson to Spurs for £8.5 plus 20% of any future transfer fees.

Also loaned out Zaha to Newcastle for the season. Regular premier league football will do him wonders.

Signed Nicolas Gaitan from Benfica for £7.75m

I'm finding the contracts an absolute nightmare to deal with. Januzaj was simple enough, but Rafael, De Gea, Jones, Smalling, Kagawa, Carrick, Fabio and Welbeck have all been nightmares.

Fabio is £30k a week now, which is fair enough because he'll play ~35 games a season.

Smalling is on about £95k, which again is fair enough because he's first choice.

Jones wants £130k+. Not happening.

Kagawa is on £130k, but now Fellaini wants a new deal because of Kagawa's.

Rafael wants a new deal to match Smalling's.

De Gea eventually renewed, but it was tough.

Carrick initially wanted over £120k, but I managed to get him down to £70k by waiting until the end of the season.

I don't mind the challenge, but it's frustrating how if you do it wrong they'll refuse to speak to you again, saying "Not interested in speaking to you". They should say "We'll leave this for a few weeks" or whatever.

I'm finding the contracts an absolute nightmare to deal with. Januzaj was simple enough, but Rafael, De Gea, Jones, Smalling, Kagawa, Carrick, Fabio and Welbeck have all been nightmares.

Fabio is £30k a week now, which is fair enough because he'll play ~35 games a season.

Smalling is on about £95k, which again is fair enough because he's first choice.

Jones wants £130k+. Not happening.

Kagawa is on £130k, but now Fellaini wants a new deal because of Kagawa's.

Rafael wants a new deal to match Smalling's.

De Gea eventually renewed, but it was tough.

Carrick initially wanted over £120k, but I managed to get him down to £70k by waiting until the end of the season.

I don't mind the challenge, but it's frustrating how if you do it wrong they'll refuse to speak to you again, saying "Not interested in speaking to you". They should say "We'll leave this for a few weeks" or whatever.

How far into the game are you?

Personally Rafael and Jones i would give those amounts to as both are pretty decent. Jones on FM13 was immense and from my experiences of FM14 he seems just as good also.

Howdy all!

After taking the plunge to continue my beta save things seem to have panned out nicely after I had a massive clearout.

Things went a little mad, sold some players i didn't plan on doing, but spending millions is half the fun :)

Out:

Smalling to Arsenal for 17.5m

Macheda to Brighton for 1.7m

Valencia to Real for 20m

Hernandez to Arsenal for 25m

Buttner to Cardiff for 4.5m

Evra to PSG for 3m

Anderson to OM for 8m

Rafael to PSG for 18.25m

Cleverley to Chelsea for 17.25

Rio to Real for 1.3m (in Jan)

Plus a few smaller sales for a sum of 117m

Januzaj & Zaha out on season long loans getting plenty of first team games.

In:

Shaw for 19.5m

Zivkovic for 550k

Brandt for 15m

Verratti for 15.75m

Ledson for 5m

Balanta for 6.5m

Doria for 10m

Walker for 15.25

Damiao for 6.75m

Honda for free (Jan)

Spent 94.55m

Crazy times!

I didn't really want to sell Rafael, Smalling or Valencia, but I couldn't decide whether to buy Doria or Balanta so I bought both and then Arsenal came in for Smalling and even factoring out Rio I had plenty of cover.

PSG unsettled Rafael and I managed to buy Walker for less than PSG paid, plus Spurs always seem to be one of my bogey teams.

Tony V i really regret as there don't seem to be any good AMR's out there (plenty of AML's tho), but again 20m was too much to refuse. Has anyone got any suggestions (apart from Pedro, he's already moved).

Shaw & Walker have been excellent, infact all 4 defenders have turned out to be excellent buys, i only wish I still had Rio and Evra for extra tutors. Balanta and Doria have both improved leaps and bounds and if it wasn't for Vidic being my 3rd highest scorer (he's on 15 goal in 33 currently) I'd play both the new guys together.

Brandt is also a decent goal machine from the left side (playing a plain old 442)

Getting rid of Young seems impossible, Shinji I can't decide and Nani stays because I can't find an AMR that ticks all the boxes.

First season is going pretty well, I just need to find that elusive AMR before the start of the 2nd season.

Howdy all!

After taking the plunge to continue my beta save things seem to have panned out nicely after I had a massive clearout.

Things went a little mad, sold some players i didn't plan on doing, but spending millions is half the fun :)

Out:

Valencia to Real for 20m

Evra to PSG for 3m

Anderson to OM for 8m

Rafael to PSG for 18.25m

In:

Shaw for 19.5m

Zivkovic for 550k

Brandt for 15m

Verratti for 15.75m

Ledson for 5m

Balanta for 6.5m

Doria for 10m

Walker for 15.25

Damiao for 6.75m

Honda for free (Jan)

Spent 94.55m

Crazy times!

I didn't really want to sell Rafael, Smalling or Valencia, but I couldn't decide whether to buy Doria or Balanta so I bought both and then Arsenal came in for Smalling and even factoring out Rio I had plenty of cover.

PSG unsettled Rafael and I managed to buy Walker for less than PSG paid, plus Spurs always seem to be one of my bogey teams.

Tony V i really regret as there don't seem to be any good AMR's out there (plenty of AML's tho), but again 20m was too much to refuse. Has anyone got any suggestions (apart from Pedro, he's already moved).

Shaw & Walker have been excellent, infact all 4 defenders have turned out to be excellent buys, i only wish I still had Rio and Evra for extra tutors. Balanta and Doria have both improved leaps and bounds and if it wasn't for Vidic being my 3rd highest scorer (he's on 15 goal in 33 currently) I'd play both the new guys together.

Brandt is also a decent goal machine from the left side (playing a plain old 442)

Getting rid of Young seems impossible, Shinji I can't decide and Nani stays because I can't find an AMR that ticks all the boxes.

First season is going pretty well, I just need to find that elusive AMR before the start of the 2nd season.

jesus, thats a serious amount of transfers in your first season haha

Howdy all!

Out:

Valencia to Real for 20m

Evra to PSG for 3m

Anderson to OM for 8m

Rafael to PSG for 18.25m

In:

Shaw for 19.5m

Zivkovic for 550k

Brandt for 15m

Verratti for 15.75m

Ledson for 5m

Balanta for 6.5m

Doria for 10m

Walker for 15.25

Damiao for 6.75m

Honda for free (Jan)

Spent 94.55m

Crazy times!

Dont see the point in some of these deals tbh.

Selling Rafael to replace him with Kyle Walker. Would rather have Rafael personally.

Hernandez out and Damiao in... Hernandez offers something different from RVP, Rooney and Welbeck....Damiao doesnt.

To each his own i guess.

selling Valencia is just.... bad

Hernandez is amazing in this game.

i'm trying to see cleverly in january, no one seems to want to take him off my hands for 15m let alone 17m

2390B6A932E8B7742B8A6D6FF964DAA25EC2755A

and speaking of Adnan, here is for me.

there is no point selling Evra either 3m not worth the money to get a replacement in.

Cleverley actually makes a decent backup for Fellaini and Carrick. But of course if there is a buyer willing offer crazy money selling him would be a no-brainer. Hernandez, is not just amazing, he is a monster. There is no one else in this United team capable of tearing Liverpool apart and scoring 4 goals within the first half, at least for me.

I've just started a save as United, although not gone as mad with transfers as a few on here have!

ManUtd_TransfersTransferHistory_zps83529cac.png

Ins

Balanta - Everyone's favourite DC, brought in to eventually replace Ferdinand and Vidic as well as to provide competition to Smalling, Jones, Evans etc. £21.5k p/w wages.

Keisuke Honda - Signed him on a pre-contract initially, but then I was offered the option to purchase him now for £1.4m and decided to go ahead as by that time Anderson had received bids. £39k p/w wages too, so a reduction on Anderson's wage.

Richairo Zivkovic - Only 16 and touted as the next Robben in reality although plays as a striker, and looks extremely promising on FM. Got him tutored by van Persie at the moment. £6k p/w wage.

Luke Shaw - I decided early on that I wasn't selling Evra, and I'll let his contract run out most likely, I've brought in Shaw to phase out Evra and eventually become my #3. £27k p/w wage.

Total Expenditure: £32,000,000 - Total Wage increase: £93,500 p/w

Outs

Macheda - He's not going to make it at a top club in FM, and £1m represents a reasonable amount for him.

Anderson - Not up to scratch for a club of United's calibre, and at £60k p/w didn't represent good value. £8.5m was a little low I thought but I'm glad I let him leave.

Buttner - Again, not going to make it at United, plus it got his £25k p/w wages off the balance sheet. Shaw is a much better replacement.

Young - Newcastle are only paying 30% of his wages, but with £200,000 a month coming in as a fee it means I'm paying £30,000 a week for Young as opposed to £120,000 p/w.

Nani - I had no real desire to sell Nani, I don't play with Wingers but he would have provided decent cover off the bench, however there is no way I could turn down a £40,000,000 deadline day offer. £14m up front and £26m over 48 months as well as his £90,000 wages off the books is a great deal. Mourinho must be mad!

Total Income: £52,500,000 - Total Wage decrease: ~£270k p/w

Total Profit: £20,500,000 - Total Wage change: - £176,500

______________-

The accountants must love me!

It does pain me when people just rip the squad apart.

I don't get this either especially first season. Granted some players are rubbish and need moving on but a massive overhaul like that just isn't right imo.

Everyone enjoys the game in different ways mind you.

selling Valencia is just.... bad

Hernandez is amazing in this game.

i'm trying to see cleverly in january, no one seems to want to take him off my hands for 15m let alone 17m

2390B6A932E8B7742B8A6D6FF964DAA25EC2755A

and speaking of Adnan, here is for me.

there is no point selling Evra either 3m not worth the money to get a replacement in.

could you PM me where you got your facepack please :)

Well.. I started a new save with United last night. First I wanted to offload some older players and get youngsters instead.

Transfer In

Timo Werner from Stuttgart 5.5M

Dória from Botafogo 7.25M

Ravel Morrison from West Ham 7.5M

Jesé from Real Madrid 6M

Leandrinho from Santos 3.1M

Gastón Gil Romero from Estudiantes 4.8M

Richairo Zivkovic from Groningen 575K

Rafael Guarderas from Universitario 250K

Jonathan Silva from Estudiantes 6M

Julian Brandt from Wolfsburg 11M

Total: 52.02M

Transfer Out

Alexander Büttner to Rubin Kazan 7.5M

Anderson to Benfica 20M

Patrice Evra to AC Milan 3.6M

Rio Ferdinand to PSG 1.9M

Nemanja Vidic to Chelsea 10M

Total: 42.99M

Loan Out

Wilfried Zaha to Newcastle

Gaston Gil Romero to Estudiantes

Ashley Young to Tottenham

Anders Lindegaard to Twente

Danny Welbeck to WBA

...And more youngsters

Matches

August

hin6.png

Manchester United 0 - 1 Wigan - I'm not sure how I lost this game. They only had 7 shots but I had 31 shots!

9aqo.png

Manchester United 2 - 0 Southampton Away - Robin van Persie (30'), Jonny Evans (76')

Manchester United 4 - 1 Swansea Home - Robin van Persie (5', 11') Wayne Rooney (47'), Chris Smalling (83')

Manchester United 2 - 0 Hull City Away - Wayne Rooney (72'), Chris Smalling (88')

September

9aqo.png

Manchester United 2 - 0 Chelsea Away - Nani (2'), Shinji Kagawa (37')

Manchester United 3 - 0 Tottenham Home - Robin van Persie (24', 27', 58')

Manchester United 4 - 0 WBA Home - Nani (28'), Jonny Evans (36'), Robin van Persie (pen 43', 68')

50ip.png

Manchester United 1 - 2 Reading Away - Adnan Januzaj (85') - just like the game against Wigan I was must better and I only used young players. Was hoping for more games for the youngsters in this competition.

255y.png

Manchester United 5 - 1 Kobenhavn Away - Adnan Januzaj (3'), Robin van Persie (17',37',pen 59'), Phil Jones (53')

October

9aqo.png

Manchester United 4 - 1 Cardiff Home - Ravel Morrison (11', 71'), Robin van Persie (27'), Nani (32')

Manchester United 5 - 0 Liverpool Away - Wayne Rooney (pen 10'), Robin van Persie (35', 40'), Javier Hernandez (78'), Own Goal (81')

Manchester United 2 - 0 Norwich Away - Javier Hernandez (8'), Shinji Kagawa (46')

255y.png

Manchester United 4 - 1 Shakhtar Home - Robin van Persie (pen 12', 63', 78', 81')

Manchester United 2 - 1 Dortmund Away - Wayne Rooney (47', 65')

League Table

tx6a.jpg

well reached Feb and it seems the Match engine went all out in my 3-3 draw with Chelsea, 3 goals from corners and one from a long throw.., made up with it with a 2-0 smash and grab at White Hart Lane

just completly Battered 19th place (:D) Liverpool but somehow only won 2-0.

rather annoyed at my Injury list

RVP

Fabio (was using as cover for Rafael, he seems to bomb forward better)

Rafael

first 2 are a good month or so out. RVP a big loss with Rooney on a massive goal drought, still puts in some assists for Hernandez though so not too bad.

I offered a pre contract to Candreva but took the option to sign him for the £2M Lazio wanted after agreeing terms with him as Tony V and Youngy were injured. Hes got 2 goals and 3 assists in 2 games, so if you can I reccomend you sign him. Can't shift young or Ando for love nor money.

Didnt get FM2013 as I only willing to get the game every other year, started playing the demo of 2014 and got the bug again already and hate that I be murdered if i buy it before xmas as the wife insists it has to be a gift from her family as I am a pain to buy for. :)

This is gonna kill me waiting, got 1 game going on laptop and another on my main PC.. and Januzaj has played 7(5) matches, and has already got 7 goals and 1 assist. This includes 2 goals on his debut in teh charity shield :D

Most appearances are from AML but he also played in MC as a deep lying playmaker.

I'm in my second season with United now. Looking for someone to replace Evra and Carrick who both asked for way too much money so I decided to let their contracts run out. Obviously Luke Shaw and James Ward-Prowse are the ones I'm looking for as replacements. The only problem is that I had to pay about £24m for both of them, £48m together. I think it's a bit too much really, but Southampton wont settle for less. I suppose they are worth it, but I'd like to know if any of you bought them, how much did you have to mm pay?

Also I'd like to add that I sold some players for great sums like Fellaini for £40m to PSG, Rooney for £37m to PSG with one year left of his contract, but also Rafael for £50m to Real Madrid. Some great money earned there, especially with Rooney who has been utter **** for me.

Didnt get FM2013 as I only willing to get the game every other year, started playing the demo of 2014 and got the bug again already and hate that I be murdered if i buy it before xmas as the wife insists it has to be a gift from her family as I am a pain to buy for. :)

This is gonna kill me waiting, got 1 game going on laptop and another on my main PC.. and Januzaj has played 7(5) matches, and has already got 7 goals and 1 assist. This includes 2 goals on his debut in teh charity shield :D

Most appearances are from AML but he also played in MC as a deep lying playmaker.

Good to see you kicking around here again. :)

1st Season done and dusted. Won the Premiership and the Capital One Cup. Went out of the Champions League at the Semi-Finals - on penalties to PSG, and lost in the Semi-Final of the FA Cup to Chelsea, again on penalties:

ofad.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

League was won fairly comfortably. As you will see from my fixtures next, we lost quite a few games towards the end of the season, but other than that we led the league from the 12th match of the season, and never really looked like being caught. Best defensive record in the League, and best goalscoring.

Transfers In & Out:

tb2c.jpg

Fairly happy with all my transfer dealings. Was hit with the transfer bug when I sold Smalling. I know I negotiated a sale for £30m to Arsenal, which was too good to turn down, but a little while after selling him I realised it was just the £19.25m that I had got, so not too happy about that, but what can you do?

Draxler & Balanta have been outstanding all year, both first choice players for their respective positions.

Fixtures:

jw4e.jpg

skzf.jpg

As I said, last 10 or so games my form really tailed off. Some of those games I was unlucky with (PSG at home in CL - we battered them, ended up true to Ferguson with 4 strikers on and scoring in the 89th minute), but to be honest games like Chelsea away and Spurs away, I got destroyed and didn't deserve anything out of them.

Next Season:

I am tinkering around with my tactics at the moment. I played a fairly basic 4-4-2 in the 1st season, and although I did well, in some games it really got shown up. There was definitely too much space between the midfield and the defence that a good AMC could operate in. I am seriously thinking about selling Rooney (if I can). He was just poor for me all season. I left him out of the last 2 games against Liverpool and City and we performed much better. However, a lot will depend on what sort of formation and tactics I intend to go with for the 2nd season.

Being pretty dominant so far during the first season. Still in all competitions. Napoli coming up in the first knockout phase of the CHL.

JQLItdJ.jpg

A8FuWre.jpg

HJ5ZU7X.jpg

IUbn0wA.jpg

James Wilson is progressing nicely under the tutoring of Valencia, and then later Rooney.

klRgBPi.jpg

I loaned Januzaj out because he insisted that he didn't want tutoring :s

Okay guys, have asked in the looking for thread but won't hurt to ask in here as well.

I need a player that can play as a half-back. Transfer budget up to £60m and wages up to about £120,000 p/w.

I have looked at quite a few:

Busquets (would be ideal, but too much in transfer fee's and wages)

De Rossi (again too high wages and a little too old)

Claudio Yacob (scouts don't rate highly)

Sergi Samper (scouts don't rate highly)

Geoffrey Kondogbia (I am not sure on him)

Romulo (unlikely to get a work permit).

Any suggestions? Cheers.

Dont see the point in some of these deals tbh.

Selling Rafael to replace him with Kyle Walker. Would rather have Rafael personally.

Hernandez out and Damiao in... Hernandez offers something different from RVP, Rooney and Welbeck....Damiao doesnt.

To each his own i guess.

You also don't seem to read all i wrote, i didn't want to sell rafa as he's one of my fav players IRL

25m in the bank or Hernandez on the bench for a season, I'd rather rotate RVP, Rooney and Wellbeck and give youngsters a game / swap to a lone striker.

Yeah i ripped the squad apart, but imho it really needs a serious overhaul far too much dead wood that should have been shipped out years ago: Young Anderson especially and Cleverley to some extent really aren't ManU standard IRL. Granted they may be better in the game but like many I base my decisions (rightly or wrongly) on personal feelings of their RL abilities.

And most importantly: I had fun doing it, which is pretty much the name of the game :)

On a side note:

Any suggestions for an AMR (yes, i shouldnt have sold tony v)

also has anyone else noticed silly amounts of defender goals? Vidic on 20 in 38!

Okay guys, have asked in the looking for thread but won't hurt to ask in here as well.

I need a player that can play as a half-back. Transfer budget up to £60m and wages up to about £120,000 p/w.

I have looked at quite a few:

Busquets (would be ideal, but too much in transfer fee's and wages)

De Rossi (again too high wages and a little too old)

Claudio Yacob (scouts don't rate highly)

Sergi Samper (scouts don't rate highly)

Geoffrey Kondogbia (I am not sure on him)

Romulo (unlikely to get a work permit).

Any suggestions? Cheers.

Papadopoulos from Schalke? The kid is as aggressive as they come and he is a monster physically, centre back by trade but capable in DM as a Half Back/Anchor Man.

You also don't seem to read all i wrote, i didn't want to sell rafa as he's one of my fav players IRL

25m in the bank or Hernandez on the bench for a season, I'd rather rotate RVP, Rooney and Wellbeck and give youngsters a game / swap to a lone striker.

Yeah i ripped the squad apart, but imho it really needs a serious overhaul far too much dead wood that should have been shipped out years ago: Young Anderson especially and Cleverley to some extent really aren't ManU standard IRL. Granted they may be better in the game but like many I base my decisions (rightly or wrongly) on personal feelings of their RL abilities.

And most importantly: I had fun doing it, which is pretty much the name of the game :)

On a side note:

Any suggestions for an AMR (yes, i shouldnt have sold tony v)

also has anyone else noticed silly amounts of defender goals? Vidic on 20 in 38!

Antonio Candreva for your right wing.

just a query. played my 1st season with united won everything bar the fa cup. created my own tactic(as shown in earlier posts) 1st half of the season was pretty good but really struggled in the latter half.

my query is, how do you guys combat this problem? do you set out your team instructions then set individual instructions? or do you do one or the other?

right just about to start season 2. need to find some replacements for carrick(6.75m),fletcher(6.25m) RVP(30m),cleverly(30m)

so far managed to get timo werner on a free along with a young Nathan epaillard for 700k

changed formation for this season. going with an attack minded 4231 (2cms) along with a more defensive version with 2 dms and a wmr

with the more attacking version im attempting to use a false 9(rooney) with shinji as my shadow striker. Valencia as my right winger and welbeck as my inside forward (L)

the board want a possession based tactic so trying to implement that but unsure on team instructions

at the moment im using:

retain possession

work ball into box

play out defense

shorter passing

drill crosses

play wider

push higher up

hassle opponent

stay on feet

tight marking

much lower pace

be more creative

im unsure if this will work but I can only try! if any one can add any suggestions that would be great.

also with the team settings done do I really need to add individual player instructions?

Struggling to get my strikers to score at United, I play 4-1-2-2-1, with a DM, 2 CM's, AMR, AML then a ST. Half way through November and the striker with the most goals is RVP with 4. Any tips as to why they aren't performing? I've got Lewandowski coming in during the January transfer window, but don't know if that will solve it or not.

Start of Second season for me, lost the league to Chelsea on the last day of the season, I was ahead by two points and I had Chelsea away for the final game, 1-0 up at half time then they come out flying in the second half, I lose 2-1 and lose the league, Hazard is so hard to defend against, he just rips my right back to bits every time we play them, only time I feel I can get the ball off him his if its a misplaced pass! Lost in first knock out stage in the Champions League to Fenerbache, managed to grab a 1-1 draw away and I absolutly hammered them possesion and chance wise at home but they still ran out 1-0 winners and 2-1 on Agg. Dissapointing.

Got my revenge against Chelsea at the start of this season though, beating them in the community shield on penaltys after a 1-1 draw in the game, Vidic being sent off for 2 yellows.

Second Season Transfers out -

Rafael to PSG for 45m

Cleverley to Arsenal for 13m

Lindergaard to Cardiff for 1m

Evra to Monaco for 2.5m

Ashley Young to Inter Milan for 4.5m

Second Season Transfers in -

Luke Shaw from Southampton for 19m (Replacement for Evra)

Dani Carvajal From Real Madrid for 18.5m (Replacement for Rafael)

Alvaro Negredo from Man City for 6m (Abit of backup up front and thats cheap as hes fairly decent on this game)

Alberto Brignoli from AlbinoLeffe for 600k (Replacement for Lindergaard)

Nunzio Paolo Falcone from Sassuolo for 3m (4 star potential Regend)

Bernd Baumann from Frankfurt for 7m (5 star potential Regen)

Turned down deadline day offer from SLB for Honda.

Rooney has started the season flying for me, picking up from last season where Himself and RVP assisted almost 40 goals between them. RVP has had so many injuries for me I might consider offloading him in January while theres still value in him if I can find a viable replacement.

4 games played so far this season,

0-0 Away to Reading. Stalemate game, little to write home about

1-0 Home to Aston Villa. Another poor game, only a header from Vidic securing me a win.

3-0 Away to Sunderland. Hattrick from Rooney, played unreal.

3-0 Home to Everton. Rooney grabbing 2 goals and a Goal from substitude Hernandez.

Same formation as last season, 4312 and sometimes dropping the AMC back into DMC for away games. lancu, Powell and Zaha all being kept in the squad this season despite them all having good loan spells at there clubs last season, they will get good gametime here.

edit; Just played Lyon at home and won 2-0 and RVP injured again in that match, out for 5-6 weeks.

Archived