FM14: Manchester United FC Thread - Dawn of a New Evra!

batty1

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No idea what just happened.. Nani hasnt scored all season in his 13 appearances... 15minutes into the Capital One Cup Quarter final match against Derby he had banged in 4 goals.

Scored in 1st, 9th, 10th and 15th minute. So guess that can go down as a 6min hatrick if you ignore his first goal after 20seconds :D

No idea what just happened.. Nani hasnt scored all season in his 13 appearances... 15minutes into the Capital One Cup Quarter final match against Derby he had banged in 4 goals.

Scored in 1st, 9th, 10th and 15th minute. So guess that can go down as a 6min hatrick if you ignore his first goal after 20seconds :D

At least he scores. But yeah Nani's consistency is bloody god awful, thumbs up to SI for realism :brock:

it is on the first couple of pages my tactics

4-4-2 Fluid Attacking

keep wingers out wide, profit from crosses.

Do you have a copy of it you could PM to me? I'm really struggling to get wingers performing well and would be good to see your instructions for all positions to enlighten me

Finished first season and won the EPL (86 points, 13 above Chelsea) . and won the CL final against Real Madrid with 3-0 .

Van Persie 34 goals in 40 games and Verrati was my playmaker on MC position !

Second season :

Sold Fletcher

Loaned out Powell(again) , Januzaj, Michael Keane , Tom Ince

Signed Will Hughes, Chiellini, Bakkali, julien Brandt and a few regens

Promoted Tin Jedvaj , Zaha , Henriquez

Finished first season and won the EPL (86 points, 13 above Chelsea) . and won the CL final against Real Madrid with 3-0 .

Van Persie 34 goals in 40 games and Verrati was my playmaker on MC position !

Second season :

Sold Fletcher

Loaned out Powell(again) , Januzaj, Michael Keane , Tom Ince

Signed Will Hughes, Chiellini, Bakkali, julien Brandt and a few regens

Promoted Tin Jedvaj , Zaha , Henriquez

Your formation is 4-4-2 ?.

pretty much given up on team training, but I cant find the option to leave to my assistant? can anyone tell me where it is please?
Click the arrow netx to 'Man United' on the top, go down to 'Staff Responsibilities' and then inside there theres an option to have your Ass Manager take over training

Omg just lost again in the first round knock out phase, dominated them the whole game, they had one shot that I saw through the whole match and that was a long shot by gareth bale, I dont know where the other 6 come from because de Gea was only tested once in the highlights. Anyway, winning 2-0 (2-1 on agg) and ref gives 3 minutes stoppage time, what happens then? Ronaldo magically walks the ball through my whole team, gets inside the box and gets brought down by one of my players in the 94th minute and of course he scores the penalty to knock me out. Match game analaysis says'the referee has some explaining to do after awarding the contreversial penalty in the 94th minute'

2q9fmg5.jpg

I need some help in streamlining my squad, I've over indulged in the attacking department.

GK:- De Gea, Akinfeev, Lindegaard

RB:- Rafael, Montoya

CB:- Jones, Smalling, Evans, Doria, Balanta

LB:- Fabio, Silva

RM:- Candreva, Pedro, Zaha

CM:- Carrick, Fletcher, Leandrinho, Gil Romero, Fellaini

LM:- Vitinho, Nani

AMC:- Rodriguez, Kagawa, Januzaj, Powell, Otavio

ST:- RVP, Chicharito, Jese, Werner, Henriquez, Welbeck, Barbosa

Hence why I am trying to work a 4-2-3-1. I am playing the striker (RVP) as Complete Forward (Support) and having ok results. However I feel most of his high ratings are due to assists from corners etc. The AMC, which is either Rooney or Kawaga I play as Advanced Playmaker, (Support), which I have been getting poor results from, however I can't complain, as I am doing well in the league, and doing well possession wise.

there are pretty much two ways to play a 4-2-3-1 in the regards of an AMC/striker partnership:

1) you play with a classic nr10 in the hole and a classic nr9 hugging the offside trap pushing the defense back leaving the nr10 in a great deal of space between the defense and midfield to do his thing (in fm terms this would probably translate into using an AP/S or trequartista in the AMC spot and a poacher or advanced forward in the striker slot)

2) you play with a striker dropping deep and then have the AMC run into the space the striker leaves open (in fm terms this would probably translate into using an inside forward/a or AM/a in the AMC slot and then play the striker as a DLF/s or trequartista)

to me it sound a bit like you are trying to do both at the same time which dont really make a great deal of sense to me

Oh my god... you got a pirate captain playing upfront? :D

Sell that useless bugger Welbeck. £32.5m offer from barcelona at end of first season for me and really dont think much of what he done when he played.

he is infact pretty good on the game, scored 13 goals in 18 games for me, just could not find enough room for him in my squad, so ended up bagging £40m up front from Real Madrid

considering that I only use one striker 98% of the time I will do just fine with Rooney, Hernandez, Henriques and Zaha

Decide to go for a narrow tactic of 4-1-2-1-2

finished first season in 2nd place on goal difference to City!!! history repeats!!

Quite a bit of transfer activity but here is my starting 11

De Gea

Clyne Jones Vidic Shaw

Carrick

Khedira Fellaini

Januszaj

RVP Welbeck

Was playing a rigid attacking possession based system last year which worked but there were a lot of 1-0's & 2-1's, hence lost the league on GD.

Second game of season 2-0 loss to Spurs but had 13 shots on target, I changed the passing to Route one and have gone on a streak of 6 straight with the smallest win being 3-0 away to Chelsea.

Is this the way forward for UTD??

I never got any offers for Welbz, if i did i would take it, could do with a guy out on the left.

you on your 3rd season? because Barbosa looks epic but due to rules cant arrive until he is 18.

how is he?

In October of my second season, iirc Barbosa turns 18 towards the end of August 2014. Still trying to find his best role, hes got 2 assists in 2 games

Finished my first season winning the League quite comfortably but not doing much else in the other competitions. Got beaten by away goals to Bayern in the QF of the Champions League after we gave away 2 late penalties. Got to semi-final of FA Cup losing on penalties and got beat in the 4th round of Capitol One Cup surprise surprise losing on penalties. So yeah I hate penalties.

Will strenghten in one or two areas in the Summer but still happy with the original squad

First season done. Will put a review up later of it all as find it a good way to assess my own season by doing so ... currently watching the match and need to take the wife to the inlaws as it her bday so i probably do it there. lol.

With that said, massive changes being made for second season. Though I only purchased a bunch of good looking regens, i have sold some of the first team and got £128m worth from doing so. Some players i would have liked to keep but just dont think they give enough to the team. More on that in the review though.

Missed out on Lewandowski on a free. City offered him £70k more then he wanted of me. Damn mercenaries team

Do you set up your experience at the start of the game as international or amateur? I set it as amateur and many players find it hard to get motivated to play for me and they generally play really bad (RvP has about 10 goals in all competitions in April...).

Do you set up your experience at the start of the game as international or amateur? I set it as amateur and many players find it hard to get motivated to play for me and they generally play really bad (RvP has about 10 goals in all competitions in April...).
when I play a top league team I normally set it to professional footballer then scale it down from there depending on which level I play at

when I play a top league team I normally set it to professional footballer then scale it down from there depending on which level I play at

Between Professional and International ... depends on the team. Generally if I take utd from teh start it be international as I would have to have a high name to have it as a first job :p

Help! Can't get a good offer accepted for Shaw. Keep reading people are getting him for 12-15 mill. Im doing all the tracking but they want 40 mill!!

I think in early patches he could be purchased cheaper then he can in newer updates. At least that the impression i get for him and some other players i saw the name thrown around for early in the thread.

As for me. Think I do my update in a minute because Im currently sitting with a £31m offer for Smalling to Chelsea and he sorted a contract out. Just dont know if I want to sell him or not.

Between Professional and International ... depends on the team. Generally if I take utd from teh start it be international as I would have to have a high name to have it as a first job :p

I think in early patches he could be purchased cheaper then he can in newer updates. At least that the impression i get for him and some other players i saw the name thrown around for early in the thread.

As for me. Think I do my update in a minute because Im currently sitting with a £31m offer for Smalling to Chelsea and he sorted a contract out. Just dont know if I want to sell him or not.

Who are your current Cbs?

haha I know the feeling, currently agonizing over a transfer myself, have an offer accepted for Fàbregas (£27m + £1m after 50 games which I supose is fair enough), but im not sure if I need him or if I'm willing to pay him the wage I have agreed on with his agent

My available cbs are:

Ferdinand (too slow now in 2nd season)

Vidic

Smalling

Jones

Evans

Balanta (training him more as a ball winning midfielder as want rid of Fellaini and his cards!

2 very young Newgens... though the 15yr old looks like he be cracking.

Thinking I say no to the deal currently, but so tempting

Balanta (training him more as a ball winning midfielder as want rid of Fellaini and his cards!

what are you doing with Fellaini that make him pick up so many cards? he had 6 yellow 0 red in 33 (8) games for me, its probably the instructions/role you are giving him that make him pick up so many cards, that said id rather use Jones in midfield and play Balanta in defense then to train Balanta to play a different position

Fellaini picks up Yellows, I play him as CM defence, he picks up yellows, but stops them scoring.

Balanta and Papadopolous as my 2 Centre backs going to be fun :D

0D0C4565736ACB1FEEBE044A2121EA61D5674D1E

said i was looking for a guy on the left :D got him on deadline day

3381E92BF71707622AC6B24468759F16DD326C16

here is full list.

Probably my anti City coming out but Gareth Barry really? Haha. I won't buy Lewandowski on my United save now, City have tainted him :(

does anyone having problems teaching Evans and Smalling to swtich ball to other flank........they try to learn it but never learnt in all my saves........and my coaches always want them to learn

Never even tried or thought teaching either of them to do that tbh.

Just finished my second season, yet another dissapointing season, finishing second behind spurs this time in the league (THEY DONE THE TREBLE THIS YEAR). Knocked out unfairly by Real Madrid in the Champions league over two legs and lost in the FA cup early to Manchester City (Away). I actually havnt won anything yet in two seasons except the Charity Shield haha. Guess i'm still in the job because I never put I will win the league at season expectations and i've come close to winning it both times. I put it down to my away form at the start of the season.

League ended like this, I scored the most goals and had one of the best defensive records in the league but I just drew to many games away, cost me dearly.

2iafz0x.jpg

Rooney was top league goalscorer with 20 goals, which meant I had to pay him 2m plus another 2m because he made team of the year.

Managed to lure Dembele away from Spurs, he was definitly there best player behind Leyton Baines, cost me a hefty 30m but I reckon thats because of the treble winning season they just had his value shot up, i'm hoping to get a magical partnership from him and Fellani for the next few years to try and bring the league home.

Hes been my only signing as of yet, i'm looking to get maybe an extra backup striker in and 2 new CB's.

Only player i've sold this season is Koke, he went off to Monaco for 29m, which was ok as he wasnt getting ahead of Powell and I made a hefty profit on him as I only paid 12m for him in my first season.

My team currently is, Brackets is the backup player

De gea (Diego Alves)

Carvajal (Regen Rightback)

Vidic (Jones)

Bellusci (Smalling)

Shaw (Fabio)

Fellani

Dembele

Powell

Kagawa (Gabriel lancu)

Rooney (Hernandez)

RVP (Negredo)

Januzaj, Zaha, Fletcher and a few regens knocking around to make up the squad.

Just finished my 2nd season and going to have a bit of a clear out of players due to them under performing or them wanting new challenges. In the 1st season i managed to win the league quite comfortably and the league cup. The 2nd season i have just finished i managed to win the league by 3 points from chelsea and also beat barcelona in the champions league final 2-1 so a pretty good start to the game for me.

I play a 4-1-3-2 formation with no wingers so i have sold off pretty much every winger i could in the 1st season with the rest in the 2nd season.

Transfers 1st season:

IN: Montoya £5.5m, Werner £5m, Fernando £4.3m, Alex Sandro £9.75m, Balanta £8.5m, Tielemans £2.6m, Honda (Jan) £0, Lars Bender (Jan) £21m - Total £56.7m

OUT: Ferdinand £2.5m, Valencia £25m, Buttner £4.5m, Macheda £1m, Evra £3m, Nani £24.5m, Young & Zaha both on loan - Total £60.25m

Transfers 2nd season:

IN: Nainnggolan £12.75m, Ward Prowse £16m, Luke Shaw (Jan) £19m + 7 youngsters that cost a combined £14m - Total £60.95m

OUT: Fletcher £5m, Anderson £17m, Lindegaard £1.5m, Amos £1m, Cleverly £30m, Zaha £10m, Young £7m, Keane £1m - Total £73m

Starting the 3rd season i decided to lose quite a few as i dont really use them or they have been poor for me. Rooney also wants out (funny that) as he feels he has achieved everything he can so he is off to chelsea:

Selling: Honda £9-£11.5m bids in, Fabio £15m, Rooney £26.5m, Welbeck £25m.

I have 2 back up keepers coming in for free in Zieler (ex man utd) and casteels so my squad is looking pretty good:

GK: De Gea / Zieler / Casteels

DR: Rafael / Montoya

DL: Shaw / Sandro

DC: Jones & Balanta / Smalling / Evans / Vidic

DM: Bender / Lopez (4* regen who looks quality / Fernando

B2B Mid: Fellaini & Ward Prowse / Carrick / Nainggolan

MC (adv Playmaker): Kagawa / Januzaj / Tielemans

ST: RVP & Chicharito / Werner / Henriquez

Selling wise i may get rid of Fernando as he is not really need although i highly recommend him at the start for £4.3m

I want to sign maybe one or 2 decent box to box midfielders and 2 new strikers (false nine and a poacher). If anyone has any suggestions id appreciate the help.

Just finished my second season, yet another dissapointing season, finishing second behind spurs this time in the league (THEY DONE THE TREBLE THIS YEAR). Knocked out unfairly by Real Madrid in the Champions league over two legs and lost in the FA cup early to Manchester City (Away). I actually havnt won anything yet in two seasons except the Charity Shield haha. Guess i'm still in the job because I never put I will win the league at season expectations and i've come close to winning it both times. I put it down to my away form at the start of the season.

League ended like this, I scored the most goals and had one of the best defensive records in the league but I just drew to many games away, cost me dearly.

2iafz0x.jpg

Rooney was top league goalscorer with 20 goals, which meant I had to pay him 2m plus another 2m because he made team of the year.

Managed to lure Dembele away from Spurs, he was definitly there best player behind Leyton Baines, cost me a hefty 30m but I reckon thats because of the treble winning season they just had his value shot up, i'm hoping to get a magical partnership from him and Fellani for the next few years to try and bring the league home.

Hes been my only signing as of yet, i'm looking to get maybe an extra backup striker in and 2 new CB's.

Only player i've sold this season is Koke, he went off to Monaco for 29m, which was ok as he wasnt getting ahead of Powell and I made a hefty profit on him as I only paid 12m for him in my first season.

My team currently is, Brackets is the backup player

De gea (Diego Alves)

Carvajal (Regen Rightback)

Vidic (Jones)

Bellusci (Smalling)

Shaw (Fabio)

Fellani

Dembele

Powell

Kagawa (Gabriel lancu)

Rooney (Hernandez)

RVP (Negredo)

Januzaj, Zaha, Fletcher and a few regens knocking around to make up the squad.

You're not the only one to screw up in the league! First season I only won FA Cup, and in 2nd season League is going to pot again.

Has anyone had any experience with Lucas Romero. I need a good box to box midfielder and he looks decent and still room for progression. I have just finished my 2nd season if there are any other suggestions.

I signed Lucas Romero in January of first season, pretty solid and easily became third choice, I use him as CM(A) or CM(S). My long term plan is to pair Romero, Pogba (who I just signed at start of season 2) and this 5 star rated regen I picked up from Celtic in a midfield 3

Started my third season well.

Blackburn (A) - 2-0 (Rooney, Fellani)

Nottm Forest (H) - 2-0 (Kagawa, Medl)

Liverpool (H) - 3-0 (Rooney, Powell, Kagawa)

Ended up bringing in a few signings to bolster the squad

Dembele - 30m from Spurs

Gary Medl - 5.5m from Cardiff

Sergie Roberto - Free from Barcelona

Yoann Gourcruff - Free from Lyon

Alejandro Arribas - 4.2m from Malaga

And 4 Regens totalling around 10m

Playing a three man midfield, with Medl as the BWM, Fellani is the B2B and Dembele is the DLP. I used to play Jones as the BWM but I can now finally move him back into defence where i'd prefer him. I really like Medl in real life and hes not that bad on this game, giving him a chance and hes played three fantastic games for me so far and I love the fact that he can play in 6 different positions

Season 1 Review

Really enjoyed my first season in charge. Changes to the team were minimal with just 2 incoming youngsters, a couple of low value sales and plenty of loans out.

Transfers

lvbp.png

Tactics

Just picked to use the single tactic for consistancy, may need to feed a second tactic in during the second season just incase.

x9k5.png

Competitions

Community Shield

So we started the season off with the community shield, and I could not have asked for a better result.

84l6.png

Great start for my strikers, and Januzaj scoring on his debut.

Capital One Cup (League Cup)

Dominated the final against Chelsea in every way. Had no complaints about the match at all.

q4ry.png

Below you see the fixture list to the final, knocking out our main rivals in the 3rd and 4th round would have left me happy had I not won the competition.

f2rd.png

FA Cup

Unfortunately we didn't win this one, probably should have and came close. Just wasn't to be.

zb5w.png

Was a pretty simple run to the final and really should have took advantage of it.

kcpc.png

Champions League

As you will see from the results list that will follow, there were a couple of scares during my progress through to the final. Even that was a very tight match and I only won through superior finishing.

kb6q.png

I honestly thought I was in trouble in them knockout phases, could easily have been disappointed in this competition.

0u4f.png

Premier League

Managed to win this comfortably in the end by a surprising distance. This only became the case though right at the end of the season when Chelsea took just 1pt from a possible 12. Rest of the time I never seemed to pull more then 7pts clear.

9fmb.png

Team Stats

fgwj.png

Special mentions :

Robin Van Persie - Won the Ballon d'Or and World Player of the year (magazine) awards. Very nicely done.

Hernandez - Smashed goals in no matter which striker role he played. Really helped the team when there was injuries.

Was a strong showing by the entire squad but there was some noticable issues.

Firstly Balanta seemed nervous alot of the time and caused issues shown by his avg.rating. This made me decide that it may not be best to currently have him playing center back.

Secondly Fellaini picked up 20 yellow cards in the season which was unacceptable. Due to this I constantly found myself using substitutions to stop him picking up a red card.

Due to the above two issues Balanta is to be given training for the MC position where he will take over the ball-winning-midfielder role. I have decided that he will take priority in this role for the league, with Fellaini getting all cup matches in the upcoming season to prove himself before possibly being sold on. Due to his aggressive nature I feel Fellaini be a poor role model so not worth keeping hold off for that.

Other issues:

Cleverley - Really didnt perform when played. Should be sold on.

Nani - Very inconsistant. Scored one the quickest hatricks I have seen (infact 4 goals as previously mentioned), but too often done nothing. Candidate for selling.

Welbeck - Played poor in upfront roles, not much better in winger positions. Needs to be sold.

Young - Decent enough, but worth thinking about selling as Januzaj is my priority to play on left wing.

Ferdinand - Too old now, constantly been out paced even in the more withdrawn ball playing defender

Evra - Still good but starting to deteriate. Get Shaw playing time in the leftback role

Fabio - too many bookings for the number of matches, keep as cover but think about selling as long as keep Rafael happy.

lmfao.

Hiddink is Liverpool boss and we in a bit of a slanging match before a cup game.... I beat them 4-0 at Anfield.... after the match when questioned about him I said his behavior unprofessional .. His response "I dont care, we sent our fans home happy"

Oh how they must love that trip home after not only being smashed, but being smashed by their biggest rival, and it being in a cup match at Anfield :D

This second season seems to be wanting to be hilarious. Just started a match against spurs... no more then 30seconds into the match the ball is hit forward from the halfway line. De Gea runs out, collects the ball and ends up 10yrds outside his box and gets a straight red card. Not liking the looks of this match ooO

A question to all United managers out there, in your opinion is it worth keeping Lindegaard? IMHO I would get rid of him ASAP and bring in a cheaper backup, Lindegaard is taking up some 40k p/w in wages and thats alot to pay a keeper who is not much better than Amos (10k p/w IIRC)

Archived