FM14: Manchester United FC Thread - Dawn of a New Evra!

batty1

Halfway through my second season with United. Won the league by 11 points in first season, looked solid at the back and my players were all happy.

Now I am languishing in 5th fighting to get into the top 4. Serious dip in form, I can only put this down to the fact Evra, Rio, Giggs & Rafael left. Kagawa has just joined inter for 18mil (transfer request due to club under achieving!). Valencia wouldn't sign a new contract and no one would buy him so he has agrred to join Napoli on a free. Got fed up with Fellaini always getting sent off os shipped him off to Real for 35mil.

I have agreed a pre contract deal with Ter Stegen to give Valdes (also free) and De Gea competition, although valdes will probably leave.

My line up is currently;

GK De Gea

DR Gino Perruzzi

DC Vidic/Smalling

DC Umtiti/Jones

DL Shaw/Fabio/Umtiti

MC Wanyama (25mil Jan window signing)

MC Carrick/Verratti/Fletcher

AMR Zaha/Januzaj

AMC Rooney

AML Brandt/Welbeck

STC RVP/Rooney/Hernandez

Will let you know how I get on tonight, looking to get into top 4 and win a cup as i am around 15 points behind with 14 games to go. Not impossible... but unlikely to win title. I am aiming to construct a team that will be together for 10 seasons.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've started having some success using a 4-2-3-1 deep and a 3-1-4-1-1

-------GK------------------------------GK

FBs CDd CDd FBs------------------CDd CDd CDd

----HBd RGAs---------------------------Ad

--------------------------------DWs DLPs CMd DWs

IFa---AMa---IFa------------------------APs

------AFa------------------------------CFa

I could use a little help with improving my goals output for the 4-2-3-1 as the team aren't scoring enough and waste alot of chances.

Also how can i get my wide players to cross into the box rather than pass it to a player outside of the box like they keep doing.

Oh and how do you play Januzaj because i've read about others getting him to get alot of assists and getting him to score yet for me he only has 4 assists and thats it.

Any help is very much appreciated

I've started having some success using a 4-2-3-1 deep and a 3-1-4-1-1

-------GK------------------------------GK

FBs CDd CDd FBs------------------CDd CDd CDd

----HBd RGAs---------------------------Ad

--------------------------------DWs DLPs CMd DWs

IFa---AMa---IFa------------------------APs

------AFa------------------------------CFa

I could use a little help with improving my goals output for the 4-2-3-1 as the team aren't scoring enough and waste alot of chances.

Also how can i get my wide players to cross into the box rather than pass it to a player outside of the box like they keep doing.

Oh and how do you play Januzaj because i've read about others getting him to get alot of assists and getting him to score yet for me he only has 4 assists and thats it.

Any help is very much appreciated

Too many attack duties in the front 4; basically means your midfield and attack are too separated and disjointed. I'd also change the roles of your DMs/MCs to DLP(s) and either DM (d) or CM (d). Carrick, Fellaini and Fletcher are all perfect for these roles.

Januzaj as an AMC - Adv Plm (S) will see him drop and link the play nicely. I'd also look to make the most of Rafael by giving him the CWB role at RB. Rooney up top alone should play as a CF, the other 3 I would go with Poacher to open up space and get someone in the box. If the opponents are parking the bus consider changing one of your IFs to Support instead of Attack.

Hey, i just started my season i got SVEN BENDER for around 14/15 Mil. I belive he is a very very potent choice for a BWM. Also i plan to partner him up with Fellaini they will make a very fighting due in MC.

Bender is best BWM I've seen in FM14 so far, the guy just doesn't take no for an answer in midfield. And he isn't shabby with his passing either, a consistent 90%+ pass completion rate coupled with the occasional assist. He was my best signing for United in FM12 (other than a certain Christian Eriksen), and he's back for more this year.

Too many attack duties in the front 4; basically means your midfield and attack are too separated and disjointed. I'd also change the roles of your DMs/MCs to DLP(s) and either DM (d) or CM (d). Carrick, Fellaini and Fletcher are all perfect for these roles.

Januzaj as an AMC - Adv Plm (S) will see him drop and link the play nicely. I'd also look to make the most of Rafael by giving him the CWB role at RB. Rooney up top alone should play as a CF, the other 3 I would go with Poacher to open up space and get someone in the box. If the opponents are parking the bus consider changing one of your IFs to Support instead of Attack.

Thanks for the advice Severus! :brock: I've applied your thoughts and the team are doing alot better in terms of creating chnaces. Don't suppose you know any good combinations for team instructions for an attacking possession based set up? i've already got some instructions set up but alittle advice never harmed anyone.

Also don't suppose you know how to get the wide plyers to make crosses instead of passing to a player on the outside of the box?

try setting to early crosses or telling your wingers to stay out wide.

just gone top on Goal differance above Chelsea and Newcastle after a 3-0 win against stoke, best performace for a good month and a half of tight 1-0's and a terrible 0-0 at Fulham.

81232777850309EDDDD3F1ADAC5D0E15DAEE6C61

ABB20CE7110D20F2350984C3EA1661AAFF6EB37D

building up this partnership :D, with Jones in there as well got plenty of seasons with Solid foundations.

if in any match you think it is happening a lot try using "pump ball into box shout"........and they wont pass back

When you use the Hassle Opponents shout, do you also get TONS of red cards... i get one every 2nd or 3rd game by now... it is really annoying.

depends on your tactics....this is my default shout and dont even get too much yellows.......(may be your attackers are getting too forward and when tyring to track back they are putting sliding tackles from behind)

Not really playing much at the moment so just floated in and out here... just a quick question.

Does anyone else get a lot of players that the scouts love from a Brazilian club called EC Vitoria (p.s it one them silly o's)

I have currently got 3 newgen players to come over to me that the scouts rated 4.5 and even 5 star potential... there is even a 4th one that they rate highly as well. Wondered if it just co-incidence that they got a great crop of players at once, or if it a common thing

due to numerous crashes I started a new save which I have just finished.

I won the league with 89 points scoring 90 goals and conceding 26.

did not make it to either of the domestic cups going out in the 3rd and 4th rounds(sunderland and Liverpool)

won charity shield 5-2 v wigan

beat r Madrid on pens after it finished 3-3

this is the tactic I used

https://www.mediafire.com/view/azb2newyf6tsprx/Manchester_United_Tactics_Team.png#

rooney scored 25 goals along with 17 assists!!

I know ppl have had issues with the amount of yellow cards fellaini receives including me. due to this I played him as the APa as I initially played him as CMd. not only did he perform very well the number of cards received diminished considerably!!

I cannot take credit for it so I will check with the publisher but if he is ok with it I will put up to download as I think its really good.

I finally played an entire season without being annoyed enough to restart. I started it without transfer budgets, and had a rough autumn with 3 months rooney injury, and van persie 3-4 of his 2-3 weeks injuries. He gets those constantly! Anyway, managed to survive and bought Bender and Balanta. And also managed to buy Shaw hopelessly overpriced, seems the game is wayyyyy tooo realistic when determining prices of english talents between english clubs. Damn you Liverpool and Andy Carroll!!!! Anyhow, also brought in Honda, without really using him, and a young talent:

s8js.png

I ended up winning the premier league somewhat securely, lost out to Chelsea in the FA Cup Semi final. Lost out to Arsenal in the Carling Cup Quarter final, after Arteta scored a hattrick of 3 penalties to come from 2-0 to 2-3 :eek: :confused: :herman: Finally I won the Champions cup, even though I had the hardest play-off draw I've ever had. I played Barcelona, Dortmund and Juventus on the way to the final, and beat Real Madrid in Lisbon. I still think there are waaaaayyyyyy too many goals from corners, just look at Vidic's rating and goals below. But Van Persie has been extraordinarily good.

f0u7.png

Nice result scott.

Im trying to decide if i should sell henriquez to Barcelona at start of 4th season for a deal that comes in at around £40m. Gonna sit and think about it. Tempting offer but im leaning towards no as RVP is now 33 and stats are dropping and it would leave me with just rooney, hernandez and some youngsters along with rvp.

How are you guys coping on the wings? Decicded to play a 4-4-2(or 4-2-2-2-) to fully utilize the strike partnership of rooney and rvp. as such, looking to play kagawa on the left(I'm sorry klopp!) but don't know what role to play him in. Im playing tony on the right,he's decent but not a fan on nani's inconsistency. Still not convinced of the quality of the wide players here. Any suggestions? !st season btw

If you're going to play Kagawa AML, then it's up to you (depending on the other roles in your team) to play him as an Advanced Playmaker or Inside Forward.

Haven't really got going this year, but I aim to get stuck into my save tonight. Reckon my first team will look like this, injuries permitting:

--------- De Gea --------

-- Evans -- Rio -- Vidic --

Rafael -------------- Evra

---- Carrick --- Fellaini ---

-------- Kagawa --------

---- Rooney ---- RVP ----

Because I rotate a lot, everyone else will get plenty of games with my back up formation likely to be 4-2-3-1 to accomadate Nani, Young (until he's sold), Valencia and Januzaj. Although I will be re-training Valencia to play RWB to rotate with Rafael too.

If you're going to play Kagawa AML, then it's up to you (depending on the other roles in your team) to play him as an Advanced Playmaker or Inside Forward.

Haven't really got going this year, but I aim to get stuck into my save tonight. Reckon my first team will look like this, injuries permitting:

--------- De Gea --------

-- Evans -- Rio -- Vidic --

Rafael -------------- Evra

---- Carrick --- Fellaini ---

-------- Kagawa --------

---- Rooney ---- RVP ----

Because I rotate a lot, everyone else will get plenty of games with my back up formation likely to be 4-2-3-1 to accomadate Nani, Young (until he's sold), Valencia and Januzaj. Although I will be re-training Valencia to play RWB to rotate with Rafael too.

Good luck, where is jones ?? :)

My Starting Eleven

---------------------De Gea---------------------

Evra--Smailing--Evans--Rafael

------------Carrick-----Fellaini------------

Draxler--------Kagawa--------Bruma

---------------------RVP------------------------

Subs

GK;Johnstone-> 5star regen

LB;Fabio

CB;Vidic, Jones, Balanta

RB;Keane

CM;Cleverley, Ledson, Fletcher, Sissoko, Darder

AM;Januzaj, Druissi, Ivan

Wingers;Lingard, Valencia

Striker;Rooney, Barbosa, Henriquez, Campbell

At the halfway of second season. In first season won League, Charity Shield and Champions Leauge , atm in second Charity shield, World Club championship and both cups in England

Outs

Amos 1.1kk To Celtic

Buttner 4.2kk To Wigan

Tunicliffe 152k To Burnley

Welbeck 32kk to Chelsea

Young free to Schalke (couldnt stand his lame performances )

Pettrucci 200k to Sheffield Wed

Nani 35kk To Real

Zaha 20kk PSG

Ins

David Ivan 1kk Sampdoria

Campbell 7 kk Newcastle

Darder 975k Malaga

Driussi 1.5kk River

Ledson 5,5 kk Everton

Capiradossi 5kk Roma

Draxler 33 kk Schalke

Bruma 10 kk Galatasaray

Bacchetti 2,5 kk Pescara

Brandt End of contract

Balanta 7.5 kk River

Barbosa 2.5kk Santos

How do you guys replace Carrick ? I'm in the second season and already thinking of replacing him, also considering getting Wanyama, because of Fellaini getting cards seemingly every game.

I brought in Verratti, who has been a good replacement for Carrick.

Has anyone had any luck getting Shaw in at a reasonable price? Coming into January I managed to unsettle him, but still was getting quotes around the £40-50m mark, so ended up buying Alex Sandro instead for £9m. I'm thinking of going back in for him in the summer since Buttner was sold and Fabio looks like a fringe player at best, having played pretty poorly despite getting a run of games.

Besides that I got in Ward-Prowse and the Groningen striker, letting go of Nani(£17m) and Anderson(£10m).

First Season

wjdx.png

Won the EPL comfortably and Champions League on penalties

Transfers:

In:

Luke Shaw - 23.5 m

Doria - 11 m

Tielemens - 3m

Zickovic - 550K

Allions - 5.75 m

Gino Peruzzi - 36 m

Out -

Evans - 25mil to Arsenal

Valencia - 30 mil to Chelsea

Anderson - 10m to AC Milan

Formation - A very good mix between the traditional 4-4-2 and the 4-2-3-1

RVP was a beast with 27 goals and 22 assists

Hernandez and Welbeck chipped in with 15 and 14 goals

Vidic also had 14 goals

Start of second season

Had a 30 million offer for Welbeck but like the guy so did not let him go .

Let Evra go out on a free and finally found someone to sell Ashley Young to even if it's for 5 m

t250.png

Nani went to Real Mad for 50 million

Alex Buttner for 5 and got in young players . Poached a player from Chelsea and some from other clubs .

Top of the EPL now and top of the Champions League group .

Offered Fletcher out but he had a fit so just kept him there .

I play with a Deep Lying playmaker on defend and a box to box beside him. I have Tom Cleverley starting with Fellaini in central midfield . Not a big fan of Tom Cleverley unless as a sub but I dont want to get in a young good central midfielder as I have Tielemens already but he is playing for my second team in the Cups and I have 2 excellent attacking midfielders in the youth team ready to step up into that midfield slot in probably 2 or 3 years . Thinking of buying a 28 or 29 years aged guy to fit in instantly and maybe tutor some of those mids and phase out after they break through, but cant really find any .

Having a pretty dire first season, pushing for 2nd in the league which is nowhere near good enough. Can't get Hernandez or Rooney to score so I brought in Gomis on the cheap in Jan., tried to get Rossi but the deal fell through. Thinking of letting Chicharito go abroad and retraining Rooney as a centre mid (if he doesn't leave, he's very unsettled) because I'm only using one striker at the minute.

I'm going to try to get rid of Fellaini in the summer as I got Honda for 160k in January and have Koke coming in next season (I loaned him back to Atletico). Ashley Young is another I want to go but couldn't get any decent offers, I'm contemplating Nani too but I think he might come good.

This season has been all about rotation and figuring out who is my plans so I think all I need next year is a LB. I might spend big on Luke Shaw.

Has anyone had any luck getting Shaw in at a reasonable price? Coming into January I managed to unsettle him, but still was getting quotes around the £40-50m mark, so ended up buying Alex Sandro instead for £9m. I'm thinking of going back in for him in the summer since Buttner was sold and Fabio looks like a fringe player at best, having played pretty poorly despite getting a run of games.

Besides that I got in Ward-Prowse and the Groningen striker, letting go of Nani(£17m) and Anderson(£10m).

Alex Sandro is a very good left back so you have a really good deal there. I bought him in 1st season and after 2 seasons i am getting offers of £35m+ for him. i also now have shaw so give it one more year and ill sell sandro for a massive profit.

Wanted Sandro first t-window but they wouldn't accept anything less than £20m.

Has anyone noticed that somewhere in July, my transfer budget went from £33.3m to £26.65m and I hadn't bought anyone, players or staff. Am I missing something?

Did it happen after the annual contract renewls? If so, then agent fees and some other player bonuses, are now taken from transfer budget.

Did it happen after the annual contract renewls? If so, then agent fees and some other player bonuses, are now taken from transfer budget.

That's the thing, I haven't even renewed any contracts yet! I always wait until the window closes (no idea why, personal thing) so I have no idea what's caused it.

Anyone having problems when opposition corners/freekicks come into your box , ball keeps bouncing around like crazy .

I have always had this problem , I put all throw in's to short but whenever one of my fullback has a good longthrow stat , they automatically throw long .

9 times out of 10 my defence scramble it away, the short corners are a known issue which will be sorted out.

Alex Sandro is a very good left back so you have a really good deal there. I bought him in 1st season and after 2 seasons i am getting offers of £35m+ for him. i also now have shaw so give it one more year and ill sell sandro for a massive profit.

I'm glad for the high recommendation; I had a bit of a worry when he joined Evra and Fabio on the injury list as soon as arriving, ended up fielding Giggs there for a couple of games!

Anyone know where the recall player from loan option is ?? Want to recall Zivkovic but cant find the option and checked all my players , cant find the option either even with those sent out on loan without a loan fee .

You can't recall players with a loan fee. Or without loan fee if they don't have the ''Recall from loan'' clause. No-one will pay you to loan your player, just for you to call him back and keep the money. :D

Archived