Official January Transfer Update 13.3 Feedback Thread

So is it safe to assume that there is no intake bug? I'm waiting to start a long term save but I've seen at least five instances of people reporting this same issue.

As far as I can tell, it has only affected saves started before the current patch, but I could be wrong

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

conceded 2 rediculous goals, keeper comes out and gets tackled, then rounded, AI scores from outside the area while running, a hard chance, that followed by keeper randomly wandering out of his area and giving the ball to thier midfielder who scores from rediculous range.

oh and keeper got a 7.0 and i never score from these chances, never no matter who i am. the AI seem to be taking the few chances they get, no matter how rediculous.

so Keepers being dumb, there was a thread about such things, and ratings need sorting :/

The only thing that bugged me until now is the change of mind Lamela had after the update.

Before the update, he'd accept my calls for the Argentina National Team without a problem, but now he rejects me for playing for Spain U21...That's strange since I haven't heard anyhing IRL about him wanting to play for another country (In fact, he was one of the top players in previous U20 teams)

conceded 2 rediculous goals, keeper comes out and gets tackled, then rounded, AI scores from outside the area while running, a hard chance, that followed by keeper randomly wandering out of his area and giving the ball to thier midfielder who scores from rediculous range.

oh and keeper got a 7.0 and i never score from these chances, never no matter who i am. the AI seem to be taking the few chances they get, no matter how rediculous.

so Keepers being dumb, there was a thread about such things, and ratings need sorting :/

The game needs some work on what is considered a mistake and for who, yes. My keeper sometimes get ratings of 5.8 and such, but I can't figure out why. They take no hit to the rating by making awful mistakes, like for instance boxing the ball into the net from a byline cross that would have gone out the other sideline. That was apparently a "never meant it" goal for the crosser and not an own goal. Sometimes my defenders also get inexplicable rating drops, and now and then I see a bad pass being mishandled by a defender under heavy pressure, which leads to a goal - but the passer isn't punished for it... rather, the blame is on the defender who ended up in an impossible situation because of an idiotic pass. The problem is here who gets the rating penalty, not that mistakes are made.

The game needs some work on what is considered a mistake and for who, yes. My keeper sometimes get ratings of 5.8 and such, but I can't figure out why. They take no hit to the rating by making awful mistakes, like for instance boxing the ball into the net from a byline cross that would have gone out the other sideline. That was apparently a "never meant it" goal for the crosser and not an own goal. Sometimes my defenders also get inexplicable rating drops, and now and then I see a bad pass being mishandled by a defender under heavy pressure, which leads to a goal - but the passer isn't punished for it... rather, the blame is on the defender who ended up in an impossible situation because of an idiotic pass. The problem is here who gets the rating penalty, not that mistakes are made.

The same problem here.. defenders are making awfull mistakes, goalkeepers are mistaking too.. bad passes to the keeper, bad passes between defenders.. a lot of mistakes.

• Administrators
So is it safe to assume that there is no intake bug? I'm waiting to start a long term save but I've seen at least five instances of people reporting this same issue.

Whereabouts? If you've got a save that shows it, upload it and I'll take a look. But as said, if they've got fairly poor facilities for youth development/production a small intake makes sense in that regard.

• SI Staff
I don't know how it was before this update, but it seems in that in the German league the teams from Regional Division Bavaria and Regional Division Northeast never get promoted to the lowest playable level the Third Division. This includes RB Leipzig who have higher reputation than some Second Division sides. Surely this can't be right? 5 regional divisions and and only 3 clubs relegate from the 3rd division?

Thanks for raising this issue.

It does look like you are correct and that teams from the Bavaria and Northeast leagues of the Regional Division are not being chosen to be promoted to the Third Division. We are looking into why this is happening.

As far as I can tell, it has only affected saves started before the current patch, but I could be wrong

I started a new game with Partizan Belgrade just to check. Got only 5 in the first year. Partizan should have a strong youth recruitment network. My current save is in the A League so youth recruitment is not so fantastic there. But it seems that something has definitely changed a lot with the update...

Thanks for raising this issue.

It does look like you are correct and that teams from the Bavaria and Northeast leagues of the Regional Division are not being chosen to be promoted to the Third Division. We are looking into why this is happening.

OK. That is good.

• Administrators
I started a new game with Partizan Belgrade just to check. Got only 5 in the first year. Partizan should have a strong youth recruitment network. My current save is in the A League so youth recruitment is not so fantastic there. But it seems that something has definitely changed a lot with the update...

We're aware of the issue and are looking into it.

• SI Staff
Why do Portsmouth never come out of administration in the new patch/update even after a successful takeover with money being made available for transfers?

This isn't something we have seen in our tests. Portsmouth come out of administration upon being taken over by a new owner. It states so on the clubs Landmarks page.

If you have encountered this issue on your save could you please upload it to our FTP and we will take a look.

FTP Details - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/313173

Cheers,

Ben

Sometimes I wonder if player stats even matter. Just had a team score against me with their first shot on goal, in the 70th minute. My centre back, 15 jumping, 17 strength, watches a ball coming toward him. He's beaten to the ball by the opposition striker, 9 jumping 10 strength. I could just about tolerate this, but the game decides that's perfectly natural and he ends up with a 7.4 rating. I think my time with FM 13 is just about coming to an end.

edit: :D Just scored one very similar, though the difference in ratings between the players was smaller. Doesn't make it right though.... ;)

edit: Then my rage is rekindled as I concede my second Ciaran Clark-esque goal since last night. I'll stop now.

Not sure if any of these have already been bought up but here's a few things that don't seem right;

- When my team have a corner, the taker doesn't follow the instructions i setup. I want them to take it short and even though there is a teammate there ready for a short corner and no opponent marking him, the corner taker still decides to cross the corner in the box.

- When the opponent takes a goalkick and it hangs in the air, my defenders often back off at let the opponent have a free header/ take control of the ball with no pressure on him.

-When the opponents have a corner and it is cleared to the edge of the box, instead of taking the ball down and controlling it, my player will head it on again even though nobody is pressuring him or near him.

-When a decision is made on a Co-Owned player, a team will pay for the rights to him yet his contract will still expire around the same time meaning they have paid for a player despite him leaving on a free transfer. Here's an example:

genoam.png

- When the opponent takes a goalkick and it hangs in the air, my defenders often back off at let the opponent have a free header/ take control of the ball with no pressure on him.

-When the opponents have a corner and it is cleared to the edge of the box, instead of taking the ball down and controlling it, my player will head it on again even though nobody is pressuring him or near him.

Both of these happen to the AI equally as often. I personally don't see much wrong with the second, it's in a dangerous area and if he get's robbed there he'll probably give up a chance, better getting it further away than taking a risk.

We're aware of the issue and are looking into it.

Same with Horsens in Denmark, large network and all that and used to get plenty before the patch, this year 5 came in and two got signed. Lemme know if you need another save.

Both of these happen to the AI equally as often. I personally don't see much wrong with the second, it's in a dangerous area and if he get's robbed there he'll probably give up a chance, better getting it further away than taking a risk.
Not when it's my DLP, I expect him to bring the ball under control & look for a quick break or take the ball forward himself so that the rest of my team can clear out from the penalty box.

To be honest, I'm happy if the player I put there doesn't stand still for 5 or 6 seconds. Not an exaggeration, happens on about half of the corners I face.

Does anyone else find it's usually slower defensive midfielder, or even a centre back generally ends up carrying the ball away from your box on a break after a corner? They never make the simple pass to one of the speedier players breaking with them, and end up wasting the chance. I have one of my wingers set on the edge of the box and the other to stay forward, hoping they make the break, but 9/10 it's one of the players you'd least want doing it.

Also, when the ball is cleared and goes to an opposition player, it's almost always one of my centre backs who rushes out to close him down, when one of the midfielders is just as well placed to do so.

To be honest, I'm happy if the player I put there doesn't stand still for 5 or 6 seconds. Not an exaggeration, happens on about half of the corners I face.

The standing still thing is very unrealistic. I'm guessing it's due to the concentration attribute, but I've never seen it from a professional footballer before in real life.

You are probably right that it happens to both teams and I'm just having selective memory on the 1st point but even so it shouldn't happen to either team. With the 2nd point, my whole reasoning of putting a player there is so that he can collect the losse ball and hopefully launch a counter so it kind of defeats the purpose if he refuses to control it.

The standing still thing is very unrealistic. I'm guessing it's due to the concentration attribute, but I've never seen it from a professional footballer before in real life.

The consequences of low ratings for a number of mental attributes are farcical. Rather than split second concentration lapses players just go into trances for 2-3 seconds quite regularly.

Hi,

I haven't played latest version yet. Can anyone explain me what the youth intake issue is all about? Only 5 newgens come to the clubs every year? Does it matter whether it's a good or weak club? What is the quality of these players? Personally, I would be very happy if the young intake was "diminished", because the number of crap newgen players every year just s*it up game database.

Give Steam a minute or two before launching FM, if that doesn't work or you've already given that a go then try linking to a different server & the final option is to delete the game's local content & reinstall it as that should download the latest version.

Hi,

I haven't played latest version yet. Can anyone explain me what the youth intake issue is all about? Only 5 newgens come to the clubs every year? Does it matter whether it's a good or weak club? What is the quality of these players? Personally, I would be very happy if the young intake was "diminished", because the number of crap newgen players every year just s*it up game database.

My first youth intake after the patch was about the same number as usual, crapper than usual, but a decent number of them.

There is something off with signing free transfers. I downloaded dustshadowX database to add more levels to belgian competition (giving 5 more levels to the 3 levels in the official database) and I changed one of the level 8 teams to a new amateur team with reputation 1 and no funds to give me a real challenge moving up the ranks to the belgian top. When I do a player search and filter "unrealistic transfers", only a few interested unattached players pop up, which is good. However when I untick the "unrealistic transfers" and try to sign one of the other free players (mainly belgian players who played at level 2 or 3 in belgium but now without a club), the player says he is not interested unless I give him an offer which he can't refuse. In practice, any amateur contract which gives them playing time will do. Funny thing is some of those players often reject part-time contracts from level 3 or 4 semi-pro teams with a higher reputation, because the wages are unacceptable low. However, the next day they will accept my non-paying amateur contract from a level 8 team without any reputation.

This way I assembled a "monster" team for level 8 and won my first 8 games of the season without even coming close to losing a point, mainly because the other amateur teams are also not signing these players. I guess because they are not on their radar as potential signing as the transfers would also be considered as "unrealistic" for them. At the moment I'm seriously considering starting a new game because it makes it too easy, while I wanted the opposite:)

I've just had my first intake with the new patch and only had 5 players come through. I definitely had more the previous year. I'm managing Monaco in Ligue 1.

Top training facilities

Top youth facilities

Well established youth recruitment

Had another youth intake now with Tubize.

16 players again. My youth recruitment is "basic".

The youth recruitment issue is kind of strange.

It hasn't changed one bit for me after the patch. It has been about the same since the game was released. With different clubs. Tubize is my 11th club on my save game.

I'm only speaking for myself, in my game.

It'd be nice if this youth intake issue is acknowledged/resolved. I don't see the point with continuing any save with the game as is.

I think they have acknowledged it a bit further up.

Post #463 i think.

It'd be nice if this youth intake issue is acknowledged/resolved. I don't see the point with continuing any save with the game as is.

well dont then... as long as the game isnt producing so little throughout all teams that the player pool gets drastically smaller, then it wont cause so much of a problem, how many useless newgens come through your ranks anyway? all they ever do is get released as their not good enough.

well dont then... as long as the game isnt producing so little throughout all teams that the player pool gets drastically smaller, then it wont cause so much of a problem, how many useless newgens come through your ranks anyway? all they ever do is get released as their not good enough.

I've had a couple come through prior to the patch that are close to first team football at 18/19. Luck of the draw. The more you have, the better your chances are of some of them having excellent potential.

The more you have, the better your chances are of some of them having excellent potential.
Not if the changes since the patch have only cut out the chaff. I'm not saying that is what has happened, as I have no idea, but there has equally been nothing shown to suggest it isn't.

Edit - you can't really judge based on your own intake, as some intakes you just get chaff anyway, even with a top club. But indeed, it will just be down to what SI find.

Not if the changes since the patch have only cut out the chaff. I'm not saying that is what has happened, as I have no idea, but there has equally been nothing shown to suggest it isn't.

Judging from my youth intake after the patch, I don't think that is the case. We'll have to see what SI find.

Which it does. There's a far fewer 160+ PA regens now. Just go on a holiday for a couple of seasons and check with Genie Scout or somesuch.

Especially seems to be a major problem in South Korea, where the rules require the teams to have homegrown goalies. But there don't even seem to be enough of those to go around, since in my current save some teams are using greyed-out players.

The Match engine was much worse than FM 2012, so I realized it was all redone. I leave here the main errors noticed by me:

- Goalkeepers do not have to defend various forms often sit idle

- Players do not have many ways to kick it always seems the same way (with chest could be standing nozzle, with the inside)

- I think that the moves could stall serm worked with more exchange of passes, and especially toward the opponent goal and not the ends of the field

Is anybody else having an insane amount of managers being sacked?

I am in December 2012 and already 7 premiership managers have been sacked.

Bayern sacked their manager for drawing 2 games and then losing to Dortmund, they were still 3rd in the league and only 11 games had been played. There are a few more in other countries, but 7 premiership managers in the first 5 months of the game is a bit extreme?!

Archived