Official January Transfer Update 13.3 Feedback Thread

in the end who cares it's just a game, but when the game calls itself a football simulator and you have to experience a barca team not able to even reach 60% ( in my case we should have had at least 70%, and yes still could have lost, i get it and im fine with that) but again 52:48.... jeezz psg were on PHG or had Duracel batteries implemented. the visuals of 3D are not quite there yet and can be misleading, but in the end the statistics still tell me 52:48... :thdn:

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys i'm over it, as i told you im fine with the score and it's only a game, but Neil really??? man let that sink in for a second: one more player on the pitch for over 75 minutes, we play possesion football for 2 years now, my average is around 65%, i used "retain possesion" and "play through defense shout" for almost the whole game, patient and controlled game and guys you really wanna tell me it's my tactics... i'm lost for words! anyway good luck on improving the game, i'm sure with your experience and our feedback fm 14 will reach a higher level or at least be better on final release compared to fm 13. I'm out!

No, you should not raise it in the bugs forum. Unless you want to be laughed at.

Seconded in all honesty.

That fact that you personally couldnt get there doesn't mean its a bug.

Just because you picked "retain possession" and "plays through defence" doesn't automatically mean that your possession should shoot up, other factors at stake here.

After to have noticed that also this new update has generated new bugs, I ask this to Sigames. Is it possible that source code needs to be rewrited, after all these years? I don't remember a previous FM that after a mini/huge update was afflicted by so many new medium/big bugs like the last edition. Instead to work to a new (and not very good, for now) match engine, wouldn't it be better to make a new (or partial new) game code? It also happens that fixed bugs of an edition, reappear in the next release. Every year there are the same bugs (or almost) in the same leagues (e.g. Major League Soccer), the same issues (e.g. italian co-ownership is a probleam every year) and so on. It's an hassle for us but for you too. For every new FM, you have to fix bugs that were fixed in the previous versions, I don't think that is normal. This is annoying and a waste of time.

We have now released an update to Football Manager 2013, 13.3.3, details in regards to this including the changelist can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/348533-January-Transfer-Update-13.3-RELEASED!

Thanks.

neil, it is very confusing on the original post as it does not have any dates as you have just added the details to that. it is just saying 28/02/13 which is the wrong date. you could do with maybe making it clearer or starting a new post about each patch mate.

sort out the un-tactial rubbish effects in away games.

every away game is 20x harder due to players standing about with the ball, where they would normall pass or run, 2 or 3 players making mistakes assistant messages, this doesn't happen at Neutral or at Home.

and please sort out these Inderect free kicks.

There is no injury problem in-game - some users are pushing their players too hard with training or are just having bad luck. We've looked at this a great number of times and the frequency of injuries in-game is NOT a bug. Thanks.

Does that include knocks which kill a player's condition/force them off but don't register as an injury, and green cross injuries that don't come up as an injury after the game?

The above two are the main problem for me.

Does that include knocks which kill a player's condition/force them off but don't register as an injury, and green cross injuries that don't come up as an injury after the game?

The above two are the main problem for me.

Not enough of them either (although that's opinion as there is no empirical data possible). Just look in any physio room after any real game and you will find a lot of players getting treatment for knocks that they didn't come off for, and/or fans didn't even see at the time, which have affected their "condition". The amount players play through is staggering IRL, you're probably talking more than half the squad carrying something IRL at any one time.

sort out the un-tactial rubbish effects in away games.

every away game is 20x harder due to players standing about with the ball, where they would normall pass or run, 2 or 3 players making mistakes assistant messages, this doesn't happen at Neutral or at Home.

and please sort out these Inderect free kicks.

That only you get?

anyone else miss loads of penalties? i think this season i have had about 5, cavani has missed 2 and podolski has missed one!

seems a bit high but a small sample size, anyone else struggling?

Cant say that I am to be honest.

Not sure how easy this to find out, but what's the conversion rate for all the teams in your league in term of of penalties?

I have some feedback to do with the match engine and im playing on January update, if this is in the wrong place please redirect me -

The worst bits are in the opinion of myself and a friends who also play the game :

* The amount of disallowed goals, for and against there is far to many it's ridiculous and unrealistic.

* Amount of penalties conceded, I don't even concede as many penalties when I purposely slide tackle people 2 footed on FIFA/PES than on this match engine. The majority of them seem to be for no reason at all or very soft.

* Every goal conceded is identical comes from a cross, pretty much this is what I see. Winger puts in a cross, it hits someone on the arse, the defence don't clear it, It gets scrambled in, I swear and usually hit something in rage.

* Players rarely tackle - They will just stand off and don't even attempt to tackle the majority of the time despite what is in your tactical plan. It's rather frustrating.

* The amount of long shots despite instructed not to take them, I have every player on ''long shots rarely'' yet they happen constantly and are very poor and no where near the net.

* Players making mistakes then the player ratings blames it on the wrong player. This is just stupid really, for example I might be Bolton Wanderers, Matt Mills makes a horrific error which costs a goal (just like in real life) , so Zat Knight's rating will go down instead and he will get the blame after the match.

* Set piece defending is pathetic, enough said.

* Players being left completely unmarked, A ball will be played forward and a player is left completely unmarked with no player within about 30 yards of him. Sometimes it doesn't even seem to matter if they have good Marking or not with this match engine, it still happens. Seems to happen way to much on both Zonal & Man Marking.

* The amount of injuries, there is far too many injuries its very unrealistic. It always seems to know which position you are short on and make sure the player which gets injured will be a player of that position.

* The amount of ridiculous passes, the passing in general I would say is a little better but some of the passing can be awful, there is way to many suicidal passes with no accuracy straight to the other team despite having a fairly high passing attribute it seems to happen far to much. I have also noticed when instructed to ''play out of defence'' the players seem to just hoof it to the opponent far to much.

* Slow player outpacing a fast one, please can someone explain to me how a 39 year old Kevin Phillips with 8 pace and acceleration out run fullback Tsepo Masilela with 16 and 17 pace and acceleration. (This happened to a friend not me so thought id include it)

* The ball always goes out for a goal kick from the kickoff due to a very poor ball forward, this is very rare in real life.

* Former players ALWAYS score against you.

Sometimes it feels like there is no point putting certain things into the tactics such as don't take long shots, play out of defence and don't stand off because they always do the complete opposite. It's so predictable. The game itself is much better but the match engine ruins what could be the best version of the game yet.

Other than the match engine I find the game great, much better than any other versions, if the match engine was improved I would give it a 10 out of 10.

I find the Disallowed goals are usualy from "fouls" on the keeper, of which there seems to be many.

the way players behave when they are the Away tam as well. lots of random slow shuffling with the ball despite a fair few yards of space and a couple of passing options, yet at home or in Neutral Venues they would go full pelt into the space, take the man on or make a pass, instead of shuffling, then getting tackled.

Neutral matches as it stands are the best ones, because the game flows as a proper match should, each team has its good spells and parts where they need to defend, if i play as Man Utd, i shouldn't be scraping 1-0 wins or 2-1 wins in 90% of away games due to the ammount of mistakes players seemingly make, players magically not blending into the team etc, so you are lucky to create 5 shots on target, yet at home against the exact same players, with the exact same players it is all fine, and you win 4-0 while missing many more chances.

and Indirect free kicks..... yea...

elliottpowerbwfc's ME feedback two posts above used to be in a locked thread, which spawned the following quote I wanted to adress:

A realistic match engine should be very frustrating with games often being decided on what appears to be illogical defensive behaviour & only a select few will have the required skill to achieve consistent success, the pick up & play version would be very simple & even the most basic tactics should prove successful if you buy the top rated players.

That is how the game already is, has arguably always been.

Firstly, you can prove successful simply by developing and fielding good players - given that your own tactical instructions aren't completely nonsenical (such as for example dropping deep, opening wide and closing down in hordes - something which should be punished in any football game, FM or other, really).

Secondly, if you take a side, lean back and just holiday from day one without actually doing anything yourself (no talks, no tactics, no training, no media, nothing), you will notice that is a rarity for your assistant to royally **** up anything. On the contrary, in 8 out of 10 cases he will meet the board's demands at the very least, often do better even, and very very rarely totally underperform or get you the sack, even. On the contrary, at least until FM 2012, you will be given all the credit for that personally. This is on all levels in the game, even in those in which the level of assistant management isn't as good as in the Premiership.

Bottom line, if you stink at something, it is wholly optional for you to do it yourself anyway. Partly frustrating, because what's the point of bothering if the assistant can do just fine? Still, the hard part appears to be people who cannot admit it to themselves and just not do it on their own.

Cant say that I am to be honest.

Not sure how easy this to find out, but what's the conversion rate for all the teams in your league in term of of penalties?

well cavani missed another 1 but scored the next one, he has reasonable stats for it

penalty taking - 15, finishing - 18, composure - 15 but i might change it to someone else

FM13 is not as pick up and play as FM12 was, took me ages to find something that worked. FM12 you just put a formation you wanted used some shouts bam.

i find my assistant far more useful in away games. because i dont have to watch all the ME flaws and annoyances.

i dont know if this is a problem but on the match screen when i choose attacking mentality the creative control button ie balenced dissapears but when i choose control or standared it comes back. i thought that it was normal until i played malaga in cl and the creative control was there with attacking mentality. has anyone else had this problem

There is no team option but you can add a column to display an individuals penalty conversion rate, it's found under the 'stats' sub-menu when you use the insert column feature.

he has the best composure/finishing after podolski in my squad, wilshere has also missed

podolski doesn't start and i see it as a kind of test now! podolski scores more than he misses when he gets on the pitch anyway!

He might have the bets visual attributes but as I've seen his name mentioned a few times as a player who misses his fair share of penalties there's a good chances that one or more of his hidden attributes are working against him being anything other than below average at converting penalties.

Even if the numbers suggest a player should find penalties easy if he misses more than he scores I will not let him anywhere near them.

Just started my first game with the January update and receiving a horrendous amount of injuries. 2/3 players getting injured per game and about 4 players out for 2months+ and Im only a couple months in.

Anyone else had the same problems with the update?

I think this update is a massive step backward.

1 ive seen many times so many I cant count them when people have complained about the full back stopping when defending against wingers and its still not been fixed.

2 the defenders have gone virtually bsck to beta in my opinion they just dont defend. My world class defenders that pre patch acted like world class defenders now act like erm normal or rubbish defenders. They dont mark, they make wierd passes, they make strange runs which takes them out of position, closing down whats that ?

3 injuries have gone backward a big way im now getting 1 or 2 injuries per match and no I havnt changed training or tactics everything is the same

4 penalties must be a record to have 1 or 2 penalties against every game and pre patch none

5 players dont move like before they seem to only really make a move when they get the ball again they were fine pre patch and now my striker never makes a run or anyone else

6 scored a direct free kick clearly went in but no goal as went over ?

7 stop poxy changing the tactics settings you get a tactic that works then u update and poof tactic doesnt work just shows the game is broken as regardless of update its still football and rules and tactics shldnt change

he scored the last 2 he took, including a decisive one to help me win the title, strange

Or maybe it isn't strange at all, and you just took too small a sample size to get an accurate view of penalty conversion rates.

He could score 96/100 and still miss 4 in a row.

Have any of you found getting promoted reduces players being interested in you?

I was Histon in BSN, got promoted in season 2. During season 2 I had players on loan from clubs like Crystal Palace , Scunthorpe, and Wigan and hundreds of unattached players interested in signing. Now every single transfer listed player interested in signing for me plays for Kettering....

Have any of you found getting promoted reduces players being interested in you?

I was Histon in BSN, got promoted in season 2. During season 2 I had players on loan from clubs like Crystal Palace , Scunthorpe, and Wigan and hundreds of unattached players interested in signing. Now every single transfer listed player interested in signing for me plays for Kettering....

I seem to get that. Not specifically with promotion, but my team finished 4th in the league against all odds (predicted last) and now the targets I had lined up who were all interested in signing just a month or so ago suddenly have no intention of even entering negotiations. So seemingly the prospect of Championship football is more attractive in FM than Champions League....

Just wondering is it because of the level i'm playing at? or something else.. and that is that at the beginning of near enough every match from the kick off the ball gets played around a little until somebody needlessly hoofs it forward and out of play (happens from both teams). Gets annoying after awhile.

Playing 2D classic btw.

That's how many kick-offs pan out irl, tap to player, pass back to CM or CB & then hoof towards the corner to try & pick up hopeful run from wide player.

At least IRL when it happens, someone is within 40 yards. IRL, it is normally the winger sprinting up the line who tries to get on the end of it, in FM, the centre back just hoofs it when no one is anywhere near.

It happens less at the higher levels, but still too often.

Archived