Official January Transfer Update 13.3 Feedback Thread

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think I read somewhere that the game doesn't calculate the type of injury until after the match. So it will immediately identify that the player has picked up a low/medium level injury, for example, and then after the game just randomly pick from a list. No idea how true it is, but if so it would explain why a player can play out the match, then he's out for 4-5 weeks with a hamstring.

I personally think the injury level is fine, but there are too many 'knocks' which don't end up injury, and their effects in terms of conditioning are far too severe. You commonly get a couple of players forced off and another knocked down to 50%, but none of them sustain an injury past that match.

It certainly used to calculate it on the spot. I remember in a much older version (probably 01/02) that when a player was taken off injured, you could leave the match by clicking on said player, and it would say something like "suspected leg break". They may well have changed how the engine deals with it, but seems like quite a big change to make for the worse. Could be that they're now calculated post-match, although I don't think it'll be random, there will be some informed decisions taking place I imagine.

• SI Staff
Its almost impossible to renew contracts because even the most expandable players from your squad will demand 200 to 500% wage rise'its ridiculous. Guys who are at the end od their careers will want 300 000 pound s per week even though they are no longer important. AI doesnt have this problem. Fail.

Have you got save games that shows such scenario's. Would like to look at examples this extreme.

Details of how to upload can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/345403

I was hoping to get the game in March with the final patch, but it seems there are still problems. Probably will have to skip this year and just wait for FM 2014.

The biggest mistake I see SI making is that they focus way too much on features, graphics and interface, instead of focusing on the core of the game. Maybe they figure it out for the next release

They have to carefully balance adding new features and refining current ones. It seems like an incredibly difficult task. If either one doesn't go well then it impacts upon their sales.

Its almost impossible to renew contracts because even the most expandable players from your squad will demand 200 to 500% wage rise'its ridiculous. Guys who are at the end od their careers will want 300 000 pound s per week even though they are no longer important. AI doesnt have this problem. Fail.

I've noticed this too, but I wasn't sure if it was just because my club are loaded. I can afford to pay whatever I like. I will be trying out a non-league save at some point, so I hope everything is fair then!

Anybody else finding it really hard to get a positive reaction from team walks? Frequently get three to four minimum bad reactions whatever I end up saying, and very very rare to see looking fired up on my team yet opposition seem to get okay. Started a new game as past experience was "Automatic" so was possible because I was ex Sunday league, but even as ex professional still happening.

Can I vouch for the fact that i'm also finding my defenders deciding not to head long balls fairly often? These regularly then become fairly decent chances for the AI, and when they do head it, it's often directly to an opposing player.

Has the way in which CB's approach long balls been altered at all? I've never seen this in FM before, a chap in page 5 mentioned that (along with the strange heading away from corners by players who could just collect the ball) and i've also begun to notice this. I quit a game against Boro where two chances were scored due to this very thing, centre halves with the stopper rating running away from strikers who should be tightly marked, who then of course control and a chance is scored. (Somewhat childish to quit I know but I would expect the defenders to head the ball under those instructions, the times they don't invariably end in chances for the AI).

Is this something thats been brought up before with you Neil? I've never seen this problem before while playing, usually my players atleast challenge for a free header. If my defenders reacted as they did on a sunday morning pitch they'd be slated for it, nevermind a Championship level CB with instruction to tightly mark the striker now free to collect a very easily defendable long ball.

So SI this is it? This rubbish is the final FM13. Its an insult to your loyal fans to essentially have us pay to beta test the match engine for FM14. You ask for feedback and this is mine: FM13 is awful, the match engine ruins it completely. That its still in a poor state 4 months after release just goes to show that SI made a major mistake in adding a new match engine that is nowhere near being ready. A very poor way to mark your 20th year, I understand that sometimes progress means some pain but this should not be at the expense and time of your paying customers.

Some may call this a rant and non-constructive but sadly its very hard to be constructive when we are still effectively testing an unfinished product.

So SI this is it? This rubbish is the final FM13. Its an insult to your loyal fans to essentially have us pay to beta test the match engine for FM14. You ask for feedback and this is mine: FM13 is awful, the match engine ruins it completely. That its still in a poor state 4 months after release just goes to show that SI made a major mistake in adding a new match engine that is nowhere near being ready. A very poor way to mark your 20th year, I understand that sometimes progress means some pain but this should not be at the expense and time of your paying customers.

Some may call this a rant and non-constructive but sadly its very hard to be constructive when we are still effectively testing an unfinished product.

If this is a beta of FM14, you failed completely because you don't give any constructive feedback. I read all of your posts and you don't explains nothing, only say the ME is a joke, that is rubbish and you never gave a constructive feedback to help SI. Don't expect someone will hear you with that attitude.

Any news regarding the Youth Intake issue??

My 3rd season with Arsenal and only 6 players showed up in this year's youth intake!! Surely nothing to do with facilities or youth recruitment as everything is the best possible

At previous seasons (before final patch) I had at least 10 players iirc...

Some folk on here have very short memories, FM13 is nowhere near as bad as CM4 (iir the last version to have a major ME overhaul) yet despite that complete travesty of a game SI went on to produce one of the finest games in the series, CM03/04.

Anybody else finding it really hard to get a positive reaction from team walks? Frequently get three to four minimum bad reactions whatever I end up saying, and very very rare to see looking fired up on my team yet opposition seem to get okay. Started a new game as past experience was "Automatic" so was possible because I was ex Sunday league, but even as ex professional still happening.

I only do team talks at the end of a game, unless I need to light a rocket up their backsides. I just don't trust the way the game handles them.

I've totally given up on FM13, and I'm pretty angry since I definitely haven't had my money's worth. I've only been able to complete 1 season since release, and then that save was borked.

The match engine is in a pretty bad state (goalkeepers motionless with the ball going right past them, defenders like headless chickens, lower league opposition consistently managing to control a match like Barcelona against my Premier League team and we, for some reason, can't even go near them to put in a tackle). And again, I'm angry, because there's apparently "no need for another match engine update", instead giving SI time to work on FM14 - which I won't be getting.

There's also the issue of disappearing staff and players with no news items, and goalkeepers with above average attributes (at least 15s) giving 4-5 star coaching at the start, and then suddenly only 2 stars and will stay that way.

If it were possible, I'd go right back to the 2nd Beta patch. Everything, including the match engine, worked. I enjoyed it immensely. If only patches were optional on Steam. At least everyone would be able to play the version they feel gives them most value for money, not be forced onto a version that they're unhappy with and have spent money on, only to feel like they can't use it. It's not right.

It's just really depressing. If I could get my money back, I would.

Any news regarding the Youth Intake issue??

My 3rd season with Arsenal and only 6 players showed up in this year's youth intake!! Surely nothing to do with facilities or youth recruitment as everything is the best possible

At previous seasons (before final patch) I had at least 10 players iirc...

It's the most annoying bug, if it's possible I'd prefer a fix for it released in a short time than a normal patch that solve other bugs but available after several weeks.

It's the most annoying bug, if it's possible I'd prefer a fix for it released in a short time than a normal patch that solve other bugs but available after several weeks.

There won't be another patch for FM13 unless a serious issue is discovered that requires a hotfix. Given this "issue" has been around for a while, I doubt it's deemed important enough to warrant a hotfix, so you'll have to wait until Fm14.

There won't be another patch for FM13 unless a serious issue is discovered that requires a hotfix.

Has this been confirmed?

Seems to be a fair few posts from SI bods saying they're aware of certain issues and they're being looked into.

Has this been confirmed?

Seems to be a fair few posts from SI bods saying they're aware of certain issues and they're being looked into.

Not been confirmed either way. It has been confirmed that there will be no match engine changes in FM13 as they are already working on FM14 ME though.

Has this been confirmed?

Exactly.

Maybe there won't be big patches, but miniupdates. What is important is heavy issues like youth intake bug will be fixed.

Otherwhise, I'd abandon FM2013 and I'd consider it the worst FM in the history.

Really enjoying the new features of the patch. Annoying thing is there seems to be far too much injuries. Is this the case with other people because happens far too much as well. Players out for 3-4 months.... etc

It appears to be something with certain set-ups. I have far too few injuries and SI soak tests indicate slightly too few, but many people think they have too many (worth comparing with real life). But, there is no doubt that some people do have more than real life for whatever reason.

Every time there's a news item about one of my players that's been on loan, the loan spell is invariably described as "unsuccessful". The latest was a teenage Brazilian midfielder who'd gone to the Championship, played 37 games, scored 7, got 8 assists and an average rating of 7.29. On what planet was that loan spell "unsuccessful"?

Every time there's a news item about one of my players that's been on loan, the loan spell is invariably described as "unsuccessful". The latest was a teenage Brazilian midfielder who'd gone to the Championship, played 37 games, scored 7, got 8 assists and an average rating of 7.29. On what planet was that loan spell "unsuccessful"?

I have that too, loans are always unsuccessful, I don't remember seeing a positive note about loans, even if my loaned out striker was dominating. So either it's bugged or the success criteria for loans is set way too high.

I meant to post about the loan thing, really quite annoying. My guess is that the game thinks that any loan that doesn't end in a permanent transfer is "unsuccessful." Lukaku was out on loan for me in the first season, finished as the Premier League's top scorer. Apparently that's an "unsuccessful" loan :D

For those who are having problems with the youth intake and not getting enough players through your youth team, try this:

The day before your youth intake, move all players in your youth team to your reserve squad. This may help you get a larger youth intake. I just trialed this on my save in the second season and it seemed to work, which would indicate that the game will only give you a few players if you have a large youth team, but if your youth team is smaller, you'll get a larger intake. Anyway, just something you can try and see if it works.

For those who are having problems with the youth intake and not getting enough players through your youth team, try this:

The day before your youth intake, move all players in your youth team to your reserve squad. This may help you get a larger youth intake. I just trialed this on my save in the second season and it seemed to work, which would indicate that the game will only give you a few players if you have a large youth team, but if your youth team is smaller, you'll get a larger intake. Anyway, just something you can try and see if it works.

Thanks for the tip! I have a quite large youth team so that's maybe why I only got 6 youth candidates...

I'll continue my game as it is but I have an older save where I'll try to holiday until the players show up and try your suggestion to see if it works for me! I'll post again soon

I've totally given up on FM13, and I'm pretty angry since I definitely haven't had my money's worth. I've only been able to complete 1 season since release, and then that save was borked.

The match engine is in a pretty bad state (goalkeepers motionless with the ball going right past them, defenders like headless chickens, lower league opposition consistently managing to control a match like Barcelona against my Premier League team and we, for some reason, can't even go near them to put in a tackle). And again, I'm angry, because there's apparently "no need for another match engine update", instead giving SI time to work on FM14 - which I won't be getting.

There's also the issue of disappearing staff and players with no news items, and goalkeepers with above average attributes (at least 15s) giving 4-5 star coaching at the start, and then suddenly only 2 stars and will stay that way.

If it were possible, I'd go right back to the 2nd Beta patch. Everything, including the match engine, worked. I enjoyed it immensely. If only patches were optional on Steam. At least everyone would be able to play the version they feel gives them most value for money, not be forced onto a version that they're unhappy with and have spent money on, only to feel like they can't use it. It's not right.

I've only spent £15 on it and at the moment I feel as though i've wasted my money, but the only thing really to do is write it off as a bad experience and leave the series for a while. I'll try the demo for 2014 when it's available, and if i'm not enjoying it, i'll just not bother. I can go without FM for a year easily enough.

I will say that they do appear to be trying to fix all the issues, and folk like Neil here must be sick to death of people having a go at him about it all, but it is a rather unique situation when a game comes out and isn't really playable as was intended until at earliest after the New Year. Aside from Bethesda games being very buggy for the first month or so (thank God for quicksaves in their titles) and CoD's online multiplayer having very poor connection alot of the time, I can't think of many other recurring series with this kind of thing going on.

I'd be quite happy if SI took a full year out to work on the ME and added absolutely nothing new aside from the updated squads. (Also, Neil, I spoke to you a good while ago and said i'd send over some feedback on what I thought was wrong with the ME, I wrote up going on three pages and then forgot all about it, i've just remembered it. Would you still like me to send that along? Some of the issues have been dealt with i've noticed but I can up-date it to some new ones i've spotted? Let me know)

Those early patches were horrible.

The current patch is the best version of the new ME so far.

I think the biggest problem is its not always clear to see where you are going wrong. If you get something wrong tactically for example the game just becomes very random and doesn't make much sense.

When you get things right it's pretty much smooth sailing.

just go forum of match engine, the game's various problems, just do not see who would not want, I fully agree with my friend over there who are complaining of the game!

- Goalkeepers before leaping kicks and defenses are ridiculous! Players with kicks totally crooked, without any sentid, very poorly done!

- Goals made ​​the bottom line, something unrealistic in the extreme!

- Dolls skating on the field!

- Few individual moves!

There are dozens of mistakes, just go on the topic of complaints Match engine, sigames! !!

just go forum of match engine, the game's various problems, just do not see who would not want, I fully agree with my friend over there who are complaining of the game!

- Goalkeepers before leaping kicks and defenses are ridiculous! Players with kicks totally crooked, without any sentid, very poorly done!

- Goals made ​​the bottom line, something unrealistic in the extreme!

- Dolls skating on the field!

- Few individual moves!

There are dozens of mistakes, just go on the topic of complaints Match engine, sigames! !!

Yoda???? Is that you???

Something else I noticed yesterday around transfers and confidence. I had a couple of transfer listed players away on season long loans last season.

They returned at the end of the loan spells and I have sucessfully sold them pre season.

I now see on the transfer confidence page the fans are very upset I have sold them following their impressive performances of late.

Something else I noticed yesterday around transfers and confidence. I had a couple of transfer listed players away on season long loans last season.

They returned at the end of the loan spells and I have sucessfully sold them pre season.

I now see on the transfer confidence page the fans are very upset I have sold them following their impressive performances of late.

Can't say i see that as a bad thing, Imagine at the end of this season chelsea sell Lukaku. Chelsea fans would not be happy about that because he has done well elsewhere and think he should get a shot at his parent club.

Can't say i see that as a bad thing, Imagine at the end of this season chelsea sell Lukaku. Chelsea fans would not be happy about that because he has done well elsewhere and think he should get a shot at his parent club.

Fair comment but I think there has to be a distinction made between one of the hottest prospects around and 30 year old dead wood with a squad status of not needed.

I will say that they do appear to be trying to fix all the issues, and folk like Neil here must be sick to death of people having a go at him about it all, but it is a rather unique situation when a game comes out and isn't really playable as was intended until at earliest after the New Year. Aside from Bethesda games being very buggy for the first month or so (thank God for quicksaves in their titles) and CoD's online multiplayer having very poor connection alot of the time, I can't think of many other recurring series with this kind of thing going on.

Can you tell me the last game that was released without any issues? Also COD has more issues than a connection problem from time to time. Almost every single series has a list of problems they have never been able to full get rid of. Then you have absolute disasters like Sim City that was actually pulled from sale for a while because it was so bad on release. FM's releases have been plain sailing compared to most. Also the game has been fully playable since release day, i have a save still running from release day, there is a big difference from enjoying the game, to it not being playable.

It always seems to be the general concensus (if you look at GD at least) that FM is the sole contributor to bugs in software worldwide. Some people don't seem to understand that every game has bugs, and many less complex games than FM have far more serious ones than FM has ever had. This isn't an FPS with a linear path through the game. It's probably one of the most open ended games there is. It's no coincidence though that the games notoriously known for being buggy are the ones that have the most complexity/least linearity - Fallout series, Skyrim, FM.

And this...

Also the game has been fully playable since release day, i have a save still running from release day, there is a big difference from enjoying the game, to it not being playable.

Is what some people need to remember, instead of wailing that a game is unplayable when hundreds of thousands of people are doing the exact opposite.

The game is unplayable.

If someone has fun with this FM, good for him, sincerely.

It has never happened that after 4 months a FM edition had all these bugs.

I play to the FM series from 1995, I have never seen something like that, with all the respect I can have for the developers.

• Administrators
The game is unplayable.

If someone has fun with this FM, good for him, sincerely.

It has never happened that after 4 months a FM edition had all these bugs.

I play to the FM series from 1995, I have never seen something like that, with all the respect I can have for the developers.

That's not really great feedback - why do you feel it's unplayable? What issue/s have you personally encountered to bring you to that conclusion?

That's not really great feedback - why do you feel it's unplayable? What issue/s have you personally encountered to bring you to that conclusion?

I consider unplayable the game because of these issue:

1) Youth intake bug. My last post about that This is the heavier one, considering what it causes. link

2) Scheduling issue. link 1 link 2

3) Match Engine not good.

Other very annoying things, but less "serious" :

4) Youth contracts issue. link 1 link 2

5) History not recognised. link

6) Loans not applied. link

7) It may happens a player play for two clubs. link

I would also add this one (game doesn't register past winners of created league with group state system), but I didn't make a test for it.

EDIT

I forgot these ones:

8) Db messed up. link

9) Champions league in june and players that miss the final. link

If these bugs will be fixed and the match engine will be a little bit improved (at least), I'll consider FM2013 playable.

It seems to me that a part of the development team has lost the interest and stimulus on FM.

If I play CM2, CM3, FM2005 I can feel and "touch" the magic that there is in games like Mario 64, Super Mario 3, Monkey Island, Blade Runner, Metal Gear Solid, Kotor...But it's from FM2009 I didn't feel the magic in the series anymore.

If you have played since 95 you will know your statement is incorrect. I can think of one version that was much much worse.

Do you refer to CM4? That edition was a disaster in the early versions, but with the last patch was not perfect but playable.

Do you refer to CM4? That edition was a disaster in the early versions, but with the last patch was not perfect but playable.

FM13 is in a much better condition after the last patch than CM4 was, or is now. The list of issues on that game is frightening when compared to this one.

Also your list of things make it unplayable are questionable at best. Half of them are edited things that might not work fully, not a game breaking issue in anyway. DB mistakes are not game breaking issues. The scheduling problem has been in FM for as long as i can remember, its annoying, but again not game breaking.

Game breaking issues stop the game from working by their very description, none of the above stop the game from working.

Again ill say, its ok to say your not enjoying the game, but the game is NOT unplayable.

• Administrators

Just to re-emphasise, there will be no further updates for the match engine. This was stated on these forums a fair while back now. Those issues listed above, some are bugs and some are not. None make the game 'unplayable' but we will be looking to address those which we can. Thanks for taking the time to bring them up here.

Just to re-emphasise, there will be no further updates for the match engine. This was stated on these forums a fair while back now. Those issues listed above, some are bugs and some are not. None make the game 'unplayable' but we will be looking to address those which we can. Thanks for taking the time to bring them up here.

I understand and I respect we have a different view about the parameters that determine when a game is playable or unplayable (I also know that a game is really unplayable when there are crashes, corrupted save files and other similar issues).

Apart the ME, I hope you can fix those bugs, especially the one concerning the youth intake.

The difference between an old FM like the 2010 edition and the last one is evident.

FM2010 (cpu club, enabled division, large db).

Jubilo_Iwata.png

FM2013 (cpu club, enabled division, large db)

Jubilo_Iwata_Under_18_Rosa_Giocatori.png

The match engine issues are excusable. It's an incredibly complex matter which involves doing things that no one else is coming close to. Software development into unknown areas is difficult to say the least.

The database issues really aren't excusable. The way you're doing updates is a mess, relying on teams of volunteers to make a perfect product without any feedback from the general community. Ignore the endless quibbling about player attributes, but there's no excuse for not getting all the objective facts right months after release. Please fix this system. Let everyone review and correct the factual information in the database before it gets engraved in stone until next year.

• Administrators
The match engine issues are excusable. It's an incredibly complex matter which involves doing things that no one else is coming close to. Software development into unknown areas is difficult to say the least.

The database issues really aren't excusable. The way you're doing updates is a mess, relying on teams of volunteers to make a perfect product without any feedback from the general community. Ignore the endless quibbling about player attributes, but there's no excuse for not getting all the objective facts right months after release. Please fix this system. Let everyone review and correct the factual information in the database before it gets engraved in stone until next year.

So what 'objective facts' do you believe are wrong in game?

So what 'objective facts' do you believe are wrong in game?

Talking about the database, giving Messi an injury proneness of 10, when he hasn't suffered an injury in 5 years, is ridiculous.

I'm glad you fixed it with 13.3 though, it got slashed in half, along with the IP of many other players (like Reus and Hummels).

I don't know how you guys work your database, but there's a program that a lot of clubs and coaches use called Wyscout that looks to be fabulous.

Maybe it'll help? Here's the link to an article I found about it on Spanish Sports Newspaper Marca:

http://www.marca.com/2013/03/08/futbol/seleccion/1362766097.html

I'm sure you can get it translated but if you need me to, I'd be happy to translate it for you.

Have you put yourself forward as a volunteer, as you seem to think you can do a better job? There is plenty of feedback from the community in the relevant threads, if you bother to post in them, you will find every single one of the researchers is happy to change any data they may have gotten wrong, except for attributes.

Do you really expect the entire database to be posted online for the "community" to approve it before it goes gold?

Archived