FM13 Video Blog - FM Classic Part 4 (Challenges)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, they said they were doing 5 of them. You seem to post in every thread about it so I imagine you are aware that there was to be 5

I seem to post in every thread about it? sorry you're confusing with another Federico then. Anyway, thanks for your kind reply :)

Well it says Part 4, and it's Thursday, the 4th day of the working week. So yeh, it's the 4th video of the 5 they said they were releasing this week. Part 5 will be out tomorrow.

Thanks for your kind reply, yeah i was so immersed in this exciting video i haven't noticed it was video #4 about FMC despite its capitalized letters, :) sorry, however luckily 1 video more only. That's good :)

I seem to post in every thread about it? sorry you're confusing with another Federico then. Anyway, thanks for your kind reply :)

Thanks for your kind reply, yeah i was so immersed in this exciting video i haven't noticed it was video #4 about FMC despite its capitalized letters, :) sorry, however luckily 1 video more only. That's good :)

This is the first of 5 videos about FMC? so... let me guess.... 16 videos so far? it's 17 with the latest one, add 4 and we got 21 videos...

SI said there were 25 video blogs, and i'm scared because there will remain 4 videos only for talking about 900 fixes on the match engine and new tactical responses and system. All this assuming they made something about it, and i hope they did.

If not, so long SI and thanks for all the fish.

Why ask a question you already know the answer to?

I just lost the count on how many videos on FMC have been shown to us. The big "Play" youtube button hides the "#4" of the video that i haven't watched in its entireness. No need to get angry mate, take it easy :) Just now it seems you're controlling what i write and do in every thread here, do you have a file on me maybe? This i don't like really much. Also, why you say i seem to post in every thread about it when clearly i didn't?

Yeah this is what i think. It's better to say nothing rather than say ********, as a lot of users usually do, right? ;)

I don't understand why you took it so personally, i just asked a question and if you were annoyed or bothered by that, just don't reply. A lot of time spared for both of us and for users reading.

Haha yeah I totally agree, there are many like that on here but I don't really get much time to look at these forums or play FM which is why FMC is appealing to me. A couple of hours here and there and can make decent progress through the game.

I hope it has been pulled off well as the generation that have grown up with the game are now struggling for time to play it. I have a day off today and at best I will get through a couple of months of the season but I cannot get anywhere near the journeyman games of student days.

And more time could have been saved not asking a question you know the answer to if you wan't to talk about sparing time ;)

Well it says Part 4, and it's Thursday, the 4th day of the working week. So yeh, it's the 4th video of the 5 they said they were releasing this week. Part 5 will be out tomorrow.

I think you'll find Thursday is the 3rd day.

Monday, one day. Tuesday, two day. Wednesday? When? Who? What day? Thursday, the 3rd day! :D

And more time could have been saved not asking a question you know the answer to if you wan't to talk about sparing time ;)

No you totally missed my post. I haven't asked how many videos on FMC were planned to be shown, but which among them was on the video blog of today :)

Never mind, really. Let's stop this, sorry for bothering.

I'll have a career mode as always. But I can see myself wanting to dabble in the FMC mode too. When I sit down to play my career mode it's for the entire day. I will not be moved.

But if I've to go out in a few hours time, then I don't want to be immersed in my career or else I won't go out. So a nice FMC mode for those days where I haven't got the whole day to be immersed are thoroughly welcomed.

SI are happy to announce "After the Pub Mode"

In order to protect your hard work, your primary game will be protected this year by "Pub Mode" (which comes with a breath-alyzer in Solicitor's Edition). If you are too intoxicated to play FM responsibly you will be given the chance to muck up a very difficult challenge. You will certainly lose either way, but with Pub Edition, only your breakable furniture and relationships will suffer, after the Pub.

I'm definitely going to have a good dabble with FMC, and these challenges. Sound ideal for someone in my position who can spare an hour a day at best.

seems like SIs trick has worked on you. everything that they have said so far about FMC you can do in the full game. if you dont have enough time you can not look at training at all, get your assistant to do conferences and teamtalks, do a tactic in the tactic creator in 2 minutes, and select just 3 nations at the start and you have got yourself FMC. it just depends on you, i can finish a season in 10 hours or 100 hours. in FMC, they have just restricted your options.

But the full game doesn't have the instant result option with match plans. IIRC there is no longer the option to holiday through a match, so the full game forces you to go through a match that you either have no real interest in or don't have time to go through and even if it did it would be pot luck what the result will be. With match plans you can set up various plans to cover most eventualities and there is a possibility that the ass man can get the result you want.

It is well known that the AI is not really good at press conferences and teamtalks and although SI have probably lessened the impact of those in FM13 there might still be an issue where the ass man upsets players. With FMC there is hardly any press questions and absolutely no teamtalks.

FMC has removed a fair amount of interaction between you, the players, the board, other managers and the press. So that whole thing would seemingly work quicker in FMC even if you enable every ass man and DoF option in the full game.

FMC has also streamlined the transfer and contract offers, so they would run quicker.

Not in the least bit fussed about FIFA mode. Won't be even opened in this house. Neither will Football Manager for people who Can't be arsed mode.

Such a horrible elitist attitude.

Basically, you would rather SI not bother with FMC and disregard a whole group of loyal fans just because they don't have as much time on their hands these days to play the full game? A bit unfair, isn't it?

Such a horrible elitist attitude.

Basically, you would rather SI not bother with FMC and disregard a whole group of loyal fans just because they don't have as much time on their hands these days to play the full game? A bit unfair, isn't it?

Not really - you have an entire year to play the game. And it's not like you're working towards an "end" or it's something you can complete. I see nothing wrong with playing the game at your own pace. Some people get through like 50 seasons in a year - I could never dream of such a thing. Seems i'm quite a slow player by the standards of most people here, but I don't mind. I don't play the game with the goal of finishing X amount of seasons.

I have an idea.....

A lot of the vocal "never gonna touch FMC" crowd are constantly whinging about the existance of this new mode, some even suggesting they will not buy FM13 because of it. But those that are intrigued by the new mode are willing to embrace it in the spirit within which it was created and cannot wait to explore the new form of gameplay. So, why not disable the full manager mode on the Beta release so it is playable as FMC/challenge modes only?.

That should please everyone.

;-)

Not really - you have an entire year to play the game. And it's not like you're working towards an "end" or it's something you can complete. I see nothing wrong with playing the game at your own pace. Some people get through like 50 seasons in a year - I could never dream of such a thing. Seems i'm quite a slow player by the standards of most people here, but I don't mind. I don't play the game with the goal of finishing X amount of seasons.

Agreed. Give them the choice, and next year heck knows what they'll be demanding. The only solution is to crush all dissent now with an iron fist.

I have an idea.....

A lot of the vocal "never gonna touch FMC" crowd are constantly whinging about the existance of this new mode, some even suggesting they will not buy FM13 because of it. But those that are intrigued by the new mode are willing to embrace it in the spirit within which it was created and cannot wait to explore the new form of gameplay. So, why not disable the full manager mode on the Beta release so it is playable as FMC/challenge modes only?.

That should please everyone.

;-)

The funny thing is (and I won't be playing FMC) that the people complaining about FMC seem to forget that it's just like a Network Game. It's there if you want it but will have absolutely no impact on a normal career game so anyone who doesn't like it doesn't even have acknowledge its existence. But then that would be the sane thing to do. :D

No you totally missed my post. I haven't asked how many videos on FMC were planned to be shown, but which among them was on the video blog of today :)

Never mind, really. Let's stop this, sorry for bothering.

You do realise the thread topic yeah ? what does the thread topic say ? so you saying the youtube play button covers the 4 in the title doesn't come into play here. You would have had to click on the thread title after seeing it to come in here to watch the video.

But the full game doesn't have the instant result option with match plans. IIRC there is no longer the option to holiday through a match, so the full game forces you to go through a match that you either have no real interest in or don't have time to go through and even if it did it would be pot luck what the result will be. With match plans you can set up various plans to cover most eventualities and there is a possibility that the ass man can get the result you want.

It is well known that the AI is not really good at press conferences and teamtalks and although SI have probably lessened the impact of those in FM13 there might still be an issue where the ass man upsets players. With FMC there is hardly any press questions and absolutely no teamtalks.

FMC has removed a fair amount of interaction between you, the players, the board, other managers and the press. So that whole thing would seemingly work quicker in FMC even if you enable every ass man and DoF option in the full game.

FMC has also streamlined the transfer and contract offers, so they would run quicker.

You can still holiday aslong as you want in the full mode of fm13. it's been there for quite some time, they aren't going to stop that.

seems like SIs trick has worked on you. everything that they have said so far about FMC you can do in the full game. if you dont have enough time you can not look at training at all, get your assistant to do conferences and teamtalks, do a tactic in the tactic creator in 2 minutes, and select just 3 nations at the start and you have got yourself FMC. it just depends on you, i can finish a season in 10 hours or 100 hours. in FMC, they have just restricted your options.

In FMC you can still create a tactic and create training at the start also. So I don't know where you are going with that.

Let's be honest here, shall we? FIFA mode & can't be bothered mode aren't about improving the game - they're simply money grabs.

Or simply following a trend that is proving financially successful.

Fair enough if they make a few more quid out of it. Just means more money towards making the main game better.

And they've said from the start that the full game is their main priority and they love the game as much as any fan and only want the main game as perfect as possible.

Additional revenue? Yes.

Better FM's? Yes

Play the FMC if you want. Buy the Addons if you want. Nobody is forcing you.

If it's not successful it will be withdrawn. But it's down to how successful/unsuccessful it is.

Let's be honest here, shall we? FIFA mode & can't be bothered mode aren't about improving the game - they're simply money grabs.

FM2012 doesn't allow some people to play at a sufficient pace to get any enjoyment from the limited time they have available.

Classic/Challenge mode improves the game by trimming the fat and allowing people to play at their own pace. Just because you don't mind taking your time, doesn't mean there is no value in these modes to other people.

Money grabs ? yet you pay no extra money for FMC. I'd bet my life on it that you will try FMC atleast once, not that you'd admit to trying it.

Honestly, that is so cynical as to be humorous when applied to SI. Of course SI want more people playing FM and enjoying it: new players and returning dads and old crotchety people with bothersome things like jobs and such. And they'll make money from that. But I hardly imagine some sinister hand-rubbing around the idea of how they'll "get rich quick" with a clever scheme to please several time-constrained users with a lovingly created piece of gaming goodness. It is a humorous thought though, honestly.

Besides, even if these elements are not what you're looking for from FM, denigrating them to "money grabs" is hardly the only other position. Possibly you know, they are modes for people other than say, you or me? Chat with someone from SI and see how dishonest and money-grabby they come off as being. Even the most unloved features are sincerely made. I know, it stretches one's hardened moneygrubbing imagination, but it is true!

Money grabs ? yet you pay no extra money for FMC. I'd bet my life on it that you will try FMC atleast once, not that you'd admit to trying it.

To be fair, the implied argument is that the features are there to grab the money of people who wouldn't otherwise fall for the sinister FM software in the first place.

"Money grab" is an ugly way of putting it, but I don't think there can be much debate that FMC exists because SI thinks there is a market to sell the game to people who find the main game too slow and/or unwieldy. That's the whole point of it. So in the strictest possible terms, "money grab" is accurate- it's not a function that improves the core gameplay one iota, but it is there to attract new, on-the-fence and lapsed players to increase sales of the game.

And, I hasten to add, there's nothing wrong with doing that. It is a sensible business decision, as there clearly is a market there. You may be like me and never touch it- it isn't for everyone, but it wasn't designed to be for everyone.

Now the problem arises if and when people perceive that the time and effort spent on implementing a feature which doesn't improve the core gameplay comes at the expense of those improvements which do. That's where the debate lies, and ultimately that boils down pretty much to personal opinion.

FM2012 doesn't allow some people to play at a sufficient pace to get any enjoyment from the limited time they have available.Classic/Challenge mode improves the game by trimming the fat and allowing people to play at their own pace. Just because you don't mind taking your time, doesn't mean there is no value in these modes to other people.
Completely agree with this. I'm sick of spending two weeks and only getting 5 games in to the season. Mainly due to full time job, evening school and wife!

The elitists can sneer and make their "witty" jibes about FMC but I 'd say it's the feature I'm most excited about since I started back on CM3. Some of us have real lives.

Completely agree with this. I'm sick of spending two weeks and only getting 5 games in to the season. Mainly due to full time job, evening school and wife!

The elitists can sneer and make their "witty" jibes about FMC but I 'd say it's the feature I'm most excited about since I started back on CM3. Some of us have real lives.

So Mr. Real Life is too dumb to tick 4 checkboxes and trim FM himself, he needs a separate "game mode".

Sorry, this is off-topic and out of line, but I couldn't resist.

So Mr. Real Life is too dumb to tick 4 checkboxes and trim FM himself, he needs a separate "game mode".Sorry, this is off-topic and out of line, but I couldn't resist.
And if you'd bothered to watch any of the videos you'd have realised there's far more fundamental changes than just handing everything over to your assistant!

And if you'd bothered to watch any of the videos you'd have realised there's far more fundamental changes than just handing everything over to your assistant!

The only one is Instant result and it could have been in the normal FM. Then we all would have that feature and you still would be able to play with the settings to speed up your gameplay.

You can still holiday aslong as you want in the full mode of fm13. it's been there for quite some time, they aren't going to stop that.

I thought that SI had disabled the option to holiday on matchdays, unless you holiday the day before. I seem to recall a few complaints about that.

adspoo - FMC also removes agents from the game, so transfers and contracts are negotiated and accepted/declined almost immediately. The UI has been changed so that on matchday everything is on one screen for squad selection and tactics and so on. In fact the UI in FMC is a lot easier to go through as the UI looks to be much easier to navigate and with us forced to go through fewer screens to do thiings.

The whole thing has been made more streamlined and a hell of a lot quicker then getting the ass man or DoF to do it all and without the risk of the ass man upsetting players with daft teamtalks or press conferences. Full fat FM is too much of a grind for most people and still will be so even when enabliing every option so that the DoF or ass man are doing everything.

On FM12 I managed to do 18 months in game before I got bored with the grinding and very slow process and that took 2 months real time.

No, you cannot holiday mid game like you used to be able too, you can still holiday every single game day if you want, you just cannot go on holiday when your 3-0 down after 15 minutes, then hit re-load so you can win the next time. :)

I can still play a season in three days, and i do everything that needs to be done, training, press conferences, team talks, private chats, team meetings, absolutely everything.

So Mr. Real Life is too dumb to tick 4 checkboxes and trim FM himself, he needs a separate "game mode".

Sorry, this is off-topic and out of line, but I couldn't resist.

Oh you should have resisted, you have just exposed your blinkered view for what it is. Clearly there are a lot more changes in FMC than you seem to like to believe. Actually, reading between the lines, it seems there are a lot more differences and changes than we have had full access to yet. I have to ask myself, why are so many posters with fixed preconceived negative views about FMC spending so much time in FMC specific vblog threads giving their ill considered opinions?. You dont like the idea of FMC?, fine, no one cares.

The only one is Instant result and it could have been in the normal FM. Then we all would have that feature and you still would be able to play with the settings to speed up your gameplay.

I think that's a little disingenuous. What takes the time in FM isn't so much the features themselves but the amount of clicks required to utilise those features. That seems, from the videos at least, to be the key change particularly with the new UI.

Transfers are a good example. In FM13 we can hand over control to the DoF in the full version. No clicks at all! But is that a viable option? Probably not based on AI squad building issues. FMC *appears* to enable you to retain control of key aspects while vastly reducing the time required to use them.

At the end of the day we're all just speculating as we won't know until the games out exactly how this has been implemented.

Archived