Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thats whats gonna have to happen now with no CL. transfers are gonna have to be subsidised by selling players.

carroll ok, for the money and the wages has no future but can we sell downing when he's been better than everyone else in the wide positions this season? it could be a big ask to expect sterling, borini, suso and coutinho to be able to step up atm as currently theyre not good enough, be it just crap or not ready yet doesnt really matter.

What I'm confused at is your policy of big money outlays on 2-3 promising talents when proven world-class talent is available for, what, 75% of the same outlay?

I suppose at least Liverpool FC are going to prove decisively whether or not Moneyball can be applied to football.

just reading the gossip for tomorrow and apparently we're going for al habsi cos we cant afford begovic and ashley williams in the summer while getting rid of pepe, skrtel, downing, henderson and enrique..

Why do people bother posting this rubbish? Better the thread has no posts in it that your latest gossip column.

We have a £37m net outlay on transfers, but around a £25m net saving on wages. There should be cash floating around the balance sheet to play with tbh.

Any figures confirmed for this £25mill saving on wages? We have moved a few on, but we have also improved a few contracts as well so I would be surprised if the reduction in wages was as high as £25mill.

Any figures confirmed for this £25mill saving on wages? We have moved a few on, but we have also improved a few contracts as well so I would be surprised if the reduction in wages was as high as £25mill.

It's been widely reported tbh.

As recently as November. Sure we have given out some contracts since then (Sterling springs to mind) and signed a couple of players, but we have also shipped a couple of players out. So it's not some outlandish claim.

It's been widely reported tbh.

As recently as November. Sure we have given out some contracts since then (Sterling springs to mind) and signed a couple of players, but we have also shipped a couple of players out. So it's not some outlandish claim.

Absolutely no way has it reduced by £25m imo

Aquilani - 90k

Kuyt - 90k

Cole - 100k

Bellamy- 90k

Maxi Rodriguez - 80k

Doni - 50k

Adam - 60k

Aurelio - 30k

Total 590k per week saved 590 x 52 (weeks in a year) = £30.7 million

Then previous summer

Jovanovic - 90k

Poulsen - 50k

Konchesky -40k

Insua - 15k

Kyrgiakos - 35k

Meireles - 35k

Total £265k a week £13.8m a year

Not sure how accurate them wages are.

Bellamy - 90k

Maxi - 80K

Adam - 60K

Doni - 50K

Jovanovic - 90k

Konchesky - 40K

Kyrgiakos - 35K

Would expect them to be less than that.

Doni at 50k sounds about right since you basically picked up the contract he had with us

Find it hard to believe Bellamy was on 90k a week.

Also interesting stat, BR has spent the most net spend of any manager during Liverpools time in the Premiership.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/31/craig-bellamy-liverpool-medical-wales

It's pretty common knowledge since he needs to pay for his football camp in Africa

Unless Henderson, Downing, Enrique, Borini, Allen, Sturridge and Coutinho are playing for free, along with other pay rises, then I'm not sure how you've cut £25m off the wage bill.

Pretty much this. Very nice saying whos left without accounting for incoming and lots of new deals

Pretty much this. Very nice saying whos left without accounting for incoming and lots of new deals

Much of the new signings are significantly smaller deals. Suarez was only earning £40k a week, until his new deal in December.

The problem with the likes of Jova and Bellamy was they came for free so commanded huge wages. Crazy really. They were free for a reason ;)

TEAM NEWS v Swansea: Reina, Johnson, Enrique, Agger, Carragher, Lucas, Gerrard, Coutinho, Downing, Sturridge, Suarez #LFC

Subs: Gulacsi, Skrtel, Henderson, Shelvey, Sterling, Allen, Borini.

Borini has been back for over the past month, barely gets in team ahead of Downing (Who BR wanted gone) on the wing or Sterling. And Allen I'm not saying hasn't played all season, saying in past month he has been benched more than he has started. Also didn't say they were brought in to be replaced, just that the players BR wanted out at start of season are now featuring more than the players he brought.

Exactly.

That's my point. The people he wanted out are delivering more than the people he brought in at the start of the season in recent months.

They have been here longer, which helps. Also, Downing in particular has had about 3 rockets up his arse, so no surprise he started performing, or he most certainly was on the way out.

Archived