Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

i havn't seen the guy play before' date=' he is only young and from what i read he is a good attacking player that would fit our system..

Looking at this week ends fixtures i can see Everton, Chelsea and Spurs all winning so to get 3 points over the gunners would be massive. on current form does anyone think Walcott will be a threat to us?[/quote']

This weekend we have Oldham dont we?

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

remains to be seen if coutinho would cut it in the prem but id certainly like us to sign 1 or 2 more players this window.

rodgers has been bemoaning the lack of depth wanting to add 3/4 players and we've only brought in sturridge while getting rid of sahin and cole so far.

i think butland is a no brainer for 3.5m asking price, maybe ince for 6m (4m), diame 3.5m and 1 other would be a pretty decent window.

remains to be seen if coutinho would cut it in the prem but id certainly like us to sign 1 or 2 more players this window.

rodgers has been bemoaning the lack of depth wanting to add 3/4 players and we've only brought in sturridge while getting rid of sahin and cole so far.

i think butland is a no brainer for 3.5m asking price, maybe ince for 6m (4m), diame 3.5m and 1 other would be a pretty decent window.

there's some guy on twitter who I didn't even know I added to my feed (I think maybe I recall someone retweeting him tipping our bid for someone (yesil? assaidi?) before he was on most radars) saying the following:

coutinho in for 8m

diame in for 3.5m

decision made on whether we will bid on wilfried bony soon

guillermo ochoa scouted as a possible reyna replacement

no point in talking about a grain of salt since there's no reason to believe him, but it does seem to match other current rumors.

there's some guy on twitter who I didn't even know I added to my feed (I think maybe I recall someone retweeting him tipping our bid for someone (yesil? assaidi?) before he was on most radars) saying the following:

coutinho in for 8m

diame in for 3.5m

decision made on whether we will bid on wilfried bony soon

guillermo ochoa scouted as a possible reyna replacement

no point in talking about a grain of salt since there's no reason to believe him, but it does seem to match other current rumors.

ochoa has been mooted for awhile now in certain circles, not heard the bony one and yeah, diame links are probably going back to when kenny wanted him on a free b4 he got sacked but still could be on our scouting list.

good chance to give some players some game time this weekend. borini, suso, coates (if he's not gone out on loan by then), shelvey, robinson, allen. give some more minutes to lucas and sturridge too as they still need it. should be more than enough quality to win. would like to see yesil come on aswell.

2 huge games inside a week coming up after oldham, so would be silly to risk injury to suarez. agger etc.

BR: "We hope to do some business between now and the end of the month. The owners have been brilliant and supporting."

BR: "We know we still need one or two additions more. The club is doing everything it possible can to assist me in that."

BR: "I don't expect people [to go]. One or two, maybe, to come in."

Squad getting a bit bloated if this happens unless its a defender/goalkeeper.

Squad getting a bit bloated? Really?

Reina, Jones

Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Carragher, Kelly, Coates, Wisdom

Gerrard, Lucas, Allen, Henderson, Shelvey, Suso

Suarez, Sturridge, Downing, Sterling, Assaidi, Borini

Thats only 22 players and 3 or 4 of them are kids.

if bloating does indeed happen im sure that will get addressed in the summer transfer window to help with funds

erm, didnt we have one of the thinnest squads at the start of the season? weve lost 2 and bought 1 and all of a sudden we're bloated?

i dont get it!!

coutinho looking less likely by the hour tbh and im assuming ince is the other player rodgers is on about, hardly fills me with confidence.

Sorry but no way. Our squad is extremely thin with a lot of kids playing that usually wouldn't have got near the first team for a while. BR has been forced to play them because of a disastrous pre-season in the transfer market.

We need at least one more experienced player.

Anybody know whats going on with Assaidi?

Squad getting a bit bloated? Really?

Reina, Jones

Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Carragher, Kelly, Coates, Wisdom

Gerrard, Lucas, Allen, Henderson, Shelvey, Suso

Suarez, Sturridge, Downing, Sterling, Assaidi, Borini

Thats only 22 players and 3 or 4 of them are kids.

Sorry but no way. Our squad is extremely thin with a lot of kids playing that usually wouldn't have got near the first team for a while. BR has been forced to play them because of a disastrous pre-season in the transfer market.

We need at least one more experienced player.

Anybody know whats going on with Assaidi?

what a bizarre comment

Well say it was a CM, for 3 positions we'd had Lucas, Allen, Shelvey, Gerrard, Henderson and the new CM and say it was a forward he'd be competing with Sterling, Suarez, Assaidi, Sturridge, Borini, Suso and Downing for one of the 3 spots. It's not like I said we have too many players to handle.

Having 4 goalkeepers wouldn't be bloated?

Doni is basically not our keeper and Gulasci probably isn't good enough, would mean Reina/Jones/new GK.

it was a forward he'd be competing with Sterling, Suarez, Assaidi, Sturridge, Borini, Suso and Downing for one of the 3 spots

3 (arguably 4) of those guys have either done nothing for this club yet, are kids reaching overplaying levels, or aren't proven at this level. and one of the others is downing. maybe you see depth but I see a lot of warm bodies

Butland at £3.5m does seem very good value, if we could come to a pay now get him in the summer agreement and then loan him out for a season or two, could be very good business.

*cough*scottcarson*cough*

I mean, I'm joking obv but those sorts of plans always make me nervous

I don't get the whole Jack Butland lovefest - he has a lot to prove before any top club should go anywhere near him.

I say snatch him up now while his stock is cheap. he has to fight for the number 1 spot. Would suck to wait and see his stock climb to 15+ mil

I don't get the whole Jack Butland lovefest - he has a lot to prove before any top club should go anywhere near him.

Totally agree, we as a club have been down this road many times with young British keepers. If Reina is to go i'd prefer us to look for someone far more experienced. Age doesn't really come into play with keepers, the older they get the better they become imo.

Archived