The 2012-2013 Manchester United Thread: Thank you, Sir Alex

ddidiodion

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keane is so dislikeable these days.

He made a few mistakes, particularly with me towards the end, but he will still be missed

I mean, everything else he said was pretty nice and interesting, but to just throw the 'particularly with me in', what a bellend.

I have a camp? How many followers do I need before I become some kind of leader?

Oh, Keane was clearly joking when he made the comment about Ferguson making mistakes. I know he hates United but to beat him with a stick everytime he opens his mouth is just ridiculous.

Well craig says it was serious so we know it was definitely said in jest.

Seriously, he was joking when he said it. Was something along the lines of "He usually got it right but sometimes he got it wrong, everybody does, especially towards the end with me". He was smiling & almost laughing when he said it. He wasn't being serious.

It was a very obvious joke and he was tremendously respectful throughout I thought, dare I say it? Even slightly affectionate.

Always liked Keane, struggled with him leaving almost as much as Beckham (mainly because I agreed with him about Fletcher, that went well!). I think a lot of it gets overplayed, he's had his bitter moments but then who wouldn't?

Rumors from Twitter (I know) is that Phil Jones and Wayne Rooney had a training altercation which lead to Jones sparking Rooney. Apparently he's had stitches as well.

Cements Rooney's place as a git for daring to want to leave and similarly cements Jones' place as solid United loyalist for smacking him ... I am sure thinking that one up was very complicated for Twitter

Been away for a while and can't be bothered to read the last five pages since the world imploded :(

Still in shock over it, and can't quite believe it. Real kick in the teeth. "A new era" is one way to put it. "Winter is coming" another. Over the coming years we will get to appreciate how fantastic Sir Alex has been, on a whole new level. Feels like the rug has been pulled away from under my feet really. The day was bound to come sooner or later, but I really hadn't thought it would be now. Feels way too soon :( Wish him the best of luck in retirement and I'm glad he will still stick around. I am also glad we hired Moyes instead of team-ruiner Mourinho. But there is no chance in hell we'll be nearly as successful without SAF as we have been with him. He was unique, and built the club from mid-table obscurity to the biggest (?) in the world. Thankfully there is a great platform for Moyes to stand on now, but given our grotesquely bad owners and the bottomless pockets of some domestic and European competitors, I'm not expecting us to be neverending title contenders to the same level any more.

Will be an emotional day at Old Trafford today - wish I could be there. He will get one hell of a sending off.

What a horror of a summer this can turn out to be :(

Gill off

Sir Alex off

Scholes off

Nani??

Rooney??

Anderson??

Meulensteen?? (much more important than most are aware of)

Should be celebrating like crazy today, but instead I'm dreading next season.

Yeah :( :( Losing a player who seems to completely believe he's bigger than the club :( Good riddance

It's a shame it's turned out this way, that's all. A few years ago it looked like he'd be here for the rest of his career, breaking the scoring record and become a club legend. All down the pan now it seems.

What a horror of a summer this can turn out to be :(

Gill off

Sir Alex off

Scholes off

Nani??

Rooney??

Anderson??

Meulensteen?? (much more important than most are aware of)

Should be celebrating like crazy today, but instead I'm dreading next season.

Meulensteen by far the biggest loss of those (apart from the obvious in Sir Alex). We've won the title this season basically without Nani, Rooney is revisiting his **** of a summer from a few years back and can quite frankly do one. Anderson hardly a loss at all, considering his career so far.

It's a shame it's turned out this way, that's all. A few years ago it looked like he'd be here for the rest of his career, breaking the scoring record and become a club legend. All down the pan now it seems.

Yeah, that was what it looked like until he decided he didn't care an iota about that and just wanted as much money as he could possibly get

Well he's come out and denied the deleting Man Utd off his Twitter but nothing about the transfer request.

http://www.officialwaynerooney.com/news/article/response-to-twitter-media-story

That Twitter thing was nothing though, apparently it was never there and just changed something about Nike at their request

Completely left out match day squad I am guessing it is true, thought was just bench for a second but totally left out Hmmmmmm

Media will no doubt write the story of Rooney not starting instead of the achievement/retirement of Fergie.

If Rooney or Nani do not appear on the trophy bus then it is confirmed for me.

There is always something that slightly spoils it.

anyone else hear the rumours about jones/rooney having a "bust up" on the training ground on the lead up to todays game? am assuming it's just rubbish twitter nonsense

Apparently Jones hit him in the face hard enough for Rooney to need stitches, might be some portion of truth in it which is why he's been left out but I'd be surprised if that was exactly what happened.

I bloody well hope he stays, cause he has been absolutely brilliant with the youth academy and restructuring the whole dang thing the last decade. We're getting through piles of technical kids largely due to his work. I really, really hope SAF/Moyes will manage to keep him around, and that not Moyes will move in his own gang and there won't be room for Meulensteen any more. He's kind of been an added assistant manager lately, and I'd hate to lose him. I actually half a half a mind we'd promote internally and make him the new gaffer. Obviously didn't happen, but that is how much I respect the work he has done.

I bloody well hope he stays, cause he has been absolutely brilliant with the youth academy and restructuring the whole dang thing the last decade. We're getting through piles of technical kids largely due to his work. I really, really hope SAF/Moyes will manage to keep him around, and that not Moyes will move in his own gang and there won't be room for Meulensteen any more. He's kind of been an added assistant manager lately, and I'd hate to lose him. I actually half a half a mind we'd promote internally and make him the new gaffer. Obviously didn't happen, but that is how much I respect the work he has done.

I wouldn't be surprised if this lead to some expanding of our backroom staff tbf. I have no doubt Moyes wants to bring Round with him, although that might be at the expense of Phelan (which I am completely neutral about tbf). Either way, seeing the lads coming through our system makes it a real no brainer to keep Rene around

Archived