The 2012-2013 Manchester United Thread: Thank you, Sir Alex

ddidiodion

Why can't Moyes become a proven winner? This is what I don't understand. Why would there be a ceiling for him? His performances are yearly among the best in the league, if that continues with better resources he will achieve results.

Moyes is a great manager. But if you compare the two- Alex Ferguson and Moyes which has the higher winning mentality? Everton have won 4 away from home this season. And you can pull off results:

Everton drawing at home to Swansea.

Everton drawing away to Southampton.

Everton losing away to Norwich City.

Everton's team is better than those.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We lost 1-0 away to Norwich and drew 1-1 away at Swansea and we are 'better' than those teams so not really sure what point you're trying to make there?

Also, we have a much better squad than Everton.

We also lost 1-0 away to Everton, so, you know, really struggling to see what point you're trying to make :D

I thought they played the better football against liverpool on Sunday and when they beat united they played great football. Cahill, Baines, jagielka, pienaar, miralles, Fellini and jelavic are good footballers.

Says more about Liverpool ;)

If he was a winner he'd have won something by now, that's kind of what sets "winners" apart. If Ferguson had done at Aberdeen what Moyes did at Everton he would never have gotten the United job in the first place.

This is a constant nag for me too.

Oh, and Hi all! *waves* It's like being reunited with family at a funeral innit?

What a load of rubbish.

Were Real, Bayern, Barca etc etc etc looking at SAF when we hired him in 86?

Uh, yeah? Well Barcelona were anyway, they interviewed him in 1986. Loads of clubs wanted him.

Really pleased that it is David Moyes who has got the job. I really rate him, he has done a great job for Everton, spends very little in the transfer market and still gets into the top 5-8 every season.

Going to be interesting to see who we sell and who we buy now then.

Obvious choices to come in are Baines and Fellaini.

Rooney, Nani and Anderson out?

One things for sure, its going to be a crazy summer in regards to transfers.

the fans importance? shame they don't a say then, because if we got asked it would be Chelsea fans looking annoyed :p

offering a 6 year contract to jose would have been funny though.

and ideally

Out

Nani

Anderson

Lindergaard

Young

In

BALE

Fellaini

Baines

no one rubbish

I don't know how many people who post on here are Man Utd fans or just moaning about the so called lack of ambition but a real Man Utd fan would be delighted by Moyes appointment, who else can we get as good as him, Jose already agreed to go to Chelsea, he aint exactly going to change his mind and go to Man Utd, so accept Moyes and move on, we need to give him a chance at least, Sir Alex was a one off, there will never be a manager like him again.

the fans importance? shame they don't a say then, because if we got asked it would be Chelsea fans looking annoyed :p

offering a 6 year contract to jose would have been funny though.

and ideally

Out

Nani

Anderson

Lindergaard

Young

In

BALE

Fellaini

Baines

no one rubbish

Better chance you sign Ronaldo than Bale. Levy will never sell to you.

Also I really don't Mourinho would have been a good choice in the long term

I think Ferguson was a bit crafty. If you're leaving you don't want a new manager to outshine you. So a manager who he likes, who he can influence, and can keep the club competing at the top is a perfect choice.

Archived