The 2012-2013 Manchester United Thread: Thank you, Sir Alex

ddidiodion

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Incredibly harsh to blame Jones for Aguero's goal.
Jones got sucked in a bit too easily and left an easy path for Aguero to go past him. Hardly the only one to blame there though

As soon as Aguero gets the ball Jones jumps back. That gives Aguero the angle to drive into the box, where if Jones had held the line he would have been forced wide. Jones realises and tries to rectify by jumping back forwards but by then Aguero's upon him and can get past him as Jones is stuck on his front foot.

Not saying it was a massive error or anything, but he was the most responsible, for me. Clearly a very good goal regardless, but by such margins...

West Ham, Arsenal, Stoke, Chelsea and West Brom all have the potential to be 'banana skins' so being nervous despite a 12 point lead is entirely understandable, especially when you consider that City only have Spurs away as their 'banana skin' match in the run in.

We went 6 games without conceding before the city games and our next 3 games are against 3 of the poorest teams in the league.

We'll get 3 wins and win the league when City drop points in one of their games.

Can't believe that not only did giggs start but he finished the game as well. We were crying out for changes when we were in top after their goal and we stuck with it.

Was rather disappointed when Valencia came on, and then just had to laugh when Kagawa got 3 minutes.

We should have went for it

Yeah, I'm not nervous like some people seem to be, only in as much as we haven't mathematically sealed it yet. But frankly it would take a massive collapse to not win the league from here and if that happens we only have ousrselves to blame.

We went 6 games without conceding before the city games and our next 3 games are against 3 of the poorest teams in the league.

We'll get 3 wins and win the league when City drop points in one of their games.

Can't believe that not only did giggs start but he finished the game as well. We were crying out for changes when we were in top after their goal and we stuck with it.

Was rather disappointed when Valencia came on, and then just had to laugh when Kagawa got 3 minutes.

We should have went for it

Quite possibly Spurs

Everyone talking about how awful Stoke are and suddenly you're worried about how tough they are at their place? Their record there is not great lately and now their own fans are turning on them so the last thing they want is to face you ... you'll roll through them without too much fanfare

Our season ended when Nani got sent off against Madrid. Since then we've had two 1-0 wins against poor sides with poor performances & two defeats where we played just as badly. The difference being the defeats came against decent sides. We got away with it in the two 1-0 wins because the opposition was so poor going forwards.

Obviously we've lost 4 league games all season and to lose the league we'll have to lose another 4 in the last 7 games which sounds ridiculous. We're going to be flat for the rest of the season and that RvP winner at City is looking priceless a the moment. If that game had been a draw we would be 9 points clear and looking more vulnerable.

Quite possibly Spurs

Everyone talking about how awful Stoke are and suddenly you're worried about how tough they are at their place? Their record there is not great lately and now their own fans are turning on them so the last thing they want is to face you ... you'll roll through them without too much fanfare

So 1 point basically. No chance we will roll Stoke, even if we were flying and they were on this dire run. 1 Draw, 1 Loss, 1 solitary goal win and a 2 goal win 3 years ago.

Only three defeats at home this season, better than most teams above them.

So 1 point basically. No chance we will roll Stoke, even if we were flying and they were on this dire run. 1 Draw, 1 Loss, 1 solitary goal win and a 2 goal win 3 years ago.

Eh, what's this? If it's meant to be our record against Stoke then we've dropped points to them once and never lost iirc. Probably got the best record against them in the league.

You know it :brock:

Think it was Marca claiming this, said we were doing a similar deal to when we bought De Gea to give it credence. Apparently we'd paid a large amount of the transfer fee before he ever arrived at Old Trafford.

Now, I am fully aware there isn't a chance in hell we are signing Falcao but bloody hell, would that be a great day? :D

Funnily enough I heard this exact rumour on another forum last summer. Something on the lines of Fergie giving European teams a year to fund a Rooney purchase and then he would go in for Falcao. The source apparently being an Atletico exec. Im sure talk of Nani being used as a swap was there too but Daily Mail have gone with Chicharito on that.

As ever make of that what you will.

Let's put it this way. If we are looking to offload Rooney I wouldn't be surprised if there was solid interest in Falcao. However, there's no chance in hell we'll be going into next season with Rooney, RvP and Falcao.

I like Icelanders reported 4 - Carrick - 5 formation. :D

Allows us to fit all the current forwards in the starting line-up with Falcao and Lewandowski on the bench in case we need to attack.

You know it's only a matter of time before SAF gives in to his urges. He clearly wants to play with 4-5 strikers on the pitch at the same time, only thus far he's only been able to justify that when we desperately need a goal. Sooner or later he'll go with it from the start of games

Let's put it this way. If we are looking to offload Rooney I wouldn't be surprised if there was solid interest in Falcao. However, there's no chance in hell we'll be going into next season with Rooney, RvP and Falcao.

I dunno, RVP & Falcao are both mainly finishers in the same vein as Chicha. Rather than Rooney, I can't EVER see us having Chicha, Falcao & RVP going into next season.

Rooney, Welbeck, Chicha, Falcao & Kagawa or Rooney, Welbeck, RVP, Falcao & Kagawa

With BSD in goal and Carrick's versatility in Mid/Def why don't we just go:

.........BSD

Rafael .......... Evra

.......Carrick

7 forwards in whatever formation you want.

That frees up plenty of attacking options!

Current rumour mill suggests Ibra wants out of PSG & the Rooney to PSG rumours were there before this. It's only an hour or so on the plane so it's not the most far fetched rumour ever. Add to this the fact that Ferguson and Rooney have never properly reconciled after him handing in a transfer and it gives it more weight.

Also Zaha is supposedly replacing either Nani or Valencia with Young dodging a bullet for now.

Lewandowski is definitely leaving Dortmund and supposedly wants United or Bayern. Would prefer United too if you believe the chatter. Wouldn't cost the earth either & with ~£25m from a Rooney sale plus massive wages off the balance sheet it makes financial sense too.

Current rumour mill suggests Ibra wants out of PSG & the Rooney to PSG rumours were there before this. It's only an hour or so on the plane so it's not the most far fetched rumour ever. Add to this the fact that Ferguson and Rooney have never properly reconciled after him handing in a transfer and it gives it more weight.

Also Zaha is supposedly replacing either Nani or Valencia with Young dodging a bullet for now.

Lewandowski is definitely leaving Dortmund and supposedly wants United or Bayern. Would prefer United too if you believe the chatter. Wouldn't cost the earth either & with ~£25m from a Rooney sale plus massive wages off the balance sheet it makes financial sense too.

Tell them "Hi" next time you have such deep conversations with them. I'm sure they'd love to hear it.

From BBC: Ex-Manchester United defender Gary Neville reveals he has turned down "two or three management roles" in the last 18 months.

Neville joined Roy Hodgson's England coaching team ahead of Euro 2012 just 18 months after ending his playing career, but is in no rush to become a manager.

"I have been offered two or three roles in the last 18 months but it would not have been the right decision," said Neville.

Waiting for the Utd role obviously...

Good on him for not taking the Roy Keane route i.e. going straight into management without a clue about how to coach a team.

Hopefully he takes on a few different coaching roles after/alongside England, possibly at youth/reserve level.

Tell them "Hi" next time you have such deep conversations with them. I'm sure they'd love to hear it.

I posted the rumours. I didn't say I believe them.

However I don't see us going into next season without a wide player leaving. I also think the chance of Rooney leaving (not necessarily to PSG) is a lot higher than people seem to think. He's no longer the main man at United.

I posted the rumours. I didn't say I believe them.

However I don't see us going into next season without a wide player leaving. I also think the chance of Rooney leaving (not necessarily to PSG) is a lot higher than people seem to think. He's no longer the main man at United.

I can see this happening but I can't see us buying another "all-out" forward unless Chicha is leaving as well. He has already moaned a bit this season and having 2 players who play at the tip ahead of him plus Welbeck next season might be a step too far.

I can actually see us selling Rooney and keeping the 3 strikers (RVP, Welbeck, Chicha) leaving Kagawa free to excel in the Rooney role. Then SAF can spend that money on a midfielder......actually ignore everything I just said. :(

I can see this happening but I can't see us buying another "all-out" forward unless Chicha is leaving as well. He has already moaned a bit this season and having 2 players who play at the tip ahead of him plus Welbeck next season might be a step too far.

I can actually see us selling Rooney and keeping the 3 strikers (RVP, Welbeck, Chicha) leaving Kagawa free to excel in the Rooney role. Then SAF can spend that money on a midfielder......actually ignore everything I just said. :(

Can see the first bit, not the second.

Archived